Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coal: the cleanest energy source there is?

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
Hospital Bob
VectorMan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:I gotta tell you, vectorman, 99.83% vs rush limbaugh is kinda hard to argue with. I mean even if we all agree that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any hundred other given scientists put together, that still leaves it at about 99% on one side and 1% on the other.
Hell maybe even if accept that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any given THOUSAND other scientists put together. We're still at about 93% to one here.
And I dunno about you, but when I get 99 to 1 odds or 93 to one odds, I will ALWAYS take that wager.
So I think I just fell off the fence. Thank god for that because it aint easy having the IQ of a toaster. I think I've now at least gained the intelligence of a microwave oven.

Maybe you've come up to a convection oven.

I'd still believe Rush over ole Sal. You really can't trust what liberals call facts. You need to check for yourself. From what I've researched, there is plenty of information out there that supports both sides of the argument. But, when the scientists that believe in global warming/man-made-climate-change lie about their findings, I tend to think they have no credibility.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

After I wrote that post asking for support for both arguments, vec, I went looking for it myself. Spent about a half hour googling and looking for the pro and the con.
What I found was overwhelmingly one-sided. And it wasn't the limbaugh side.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bob wrote:After I wrote that post asking for support for both arguments, vec, I went looking for it myself. Spent about a half hour googling and looking for the pro and the con.
What I found was overwhelmingly one-sided. And it wasn't the limbaugh side.

Bob,
Follow the money trail.
Which of the two theories puts money in someones pocket?
The other is most likely the truth.

Sal

Sal

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/306/5702/1686.full

http://www.jamespowell.org/

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/27/12107.full

2seaoat

If man made production of CO2 is what causing is "Global Warming" how did the Vikings colonize Greenland, raise crops and herds of animals there to restock their ships on the way to North America?

They had credit cards......I see Baldwin showing me that about once a night.

VectorMan wrote:
Bob wrote:I gotta tell you, vectorman, 99.83% vs rush limbaugh is kinda hard to argue with. I mean even if we all agree that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any hundred other given scientists put together, that still leaves it at about 99% on one side and 1% on the other.
Hell maybe even if accept that rush limbaugh is a smarter scientist than any given THOUSAND other scientists put together. We're still at about 93% to one here.
And I dunno about you, but when I get 99 to 1 odds or 93 to one odds, I will ALWAYS take that wager.
So I think I just fell off the fence. Thank god for that because it aint easy having the IQ of a toaster. I think I've now at least gained the intelligence of a microwave oven.

I'd still believe Rush over ole Sal. You really can't trust what liberals call facts. You need to check for yourself. From what I've researched, there is plenty of information out there that supports both sides of the argument. But, when the scientists that believe in global warming/man-made-climate-change lie about their findings, I tend to think they have no credibility.

You deal in broad brush polarizing statements and cannot understand why you are viewed as a boor with his head up ass, denying the obvious in favor of political platitudes muttered in darkened closets crowded with morons.

VectorMan

VectorMan

W_T_M wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

You deal in broad brush polarizing statements and cannot understand why you are viewed as a boor with his head up ass, denying the obvious in favor of political platitudes muttered in darkened closets crowded with morons.

Again, with the unjustified air of superiority. So predictable.

Like I give a damn how someone like you views me. Talk about having one's head up their ass. Carry on. LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghandi wrote:

Bob,
Follow the money trail.

From what I can discern, ghandi, that absolutely nails most of the politicization of science.
It's the agenda of academics wanting grants on one side and those who profit from fossil fuels on the other side.
That's what makes it all so suspect.

Still googling. But you're right, "following the money" usually does take me where I need to go. But this money trail is as wide as it gets. The googling is telling me it's not easy for my Prius to even stay on that road. But hopefully with the mileage it's getting I'll be able to get to the end of that road. We'll see.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:
Ghandi wrote:

Bob,
Follow the money trail.

From what I can discern, ghandi, that absolutely nails most of the politicization of science.
It's the agenda of academics wanting grants on one side and those who profit from fossil fuels on the other side.
That's what makes it all so suspect.

Still googling. But you're right, "following the money" usually does take me where I need to go. But this money trail is as wide as it gets. The googling is telling me it's not easy for my Prius to even stay on that road. But hopefully with the mileage it's getting I'll be able to get to the end of that road. We'll see.

No matter what side you come out on, I'm glad you're checking for yourself.

Side note: If 2 high school kids, in Chicago, can take a Prius into their garage and make it get 100 mpg, why can't Toyota do that at the factory?

2seaoat

The googling is telling me it's not easy for my Prius to even stay on that road. But hopefully with the mileage it's getting I'll be able to get to the end of that road. We'll see.

Just crossed the country in a Prius........excellent ride and gas mileage.....I cannot say enough about the technology and savings.

Sal wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I can't jump on the climate change bandwagon, either. Especially when many climate-change advocates demand immediate cessation/curtailment of the use of fossil fuels and over-reaching regulations on greenhouse gasses that would be costly to every citizen.

In the modern world, 10 calories of fossil fuels go into every food calorie consumed by an American. If the climate change weenies ever had their way, there would be food shortages in America and a great reduction in the standard of living for all citizens. Not how I would like to see things happen.

Now, I am all for alternative energy, and the expansion of green technologies. They definitely have a place in our world, especially as the cheap and easy oil and coal resources are used up.

That's all well and good, and I would agree there has to be an extended transition away from fossil fuels.

To suggest, however, that there is not a scientific consensus that the atmosphere is warming and that the activities of humans are contributing and accelerating it, is patently false.

Despite the occasional crank or oil company financed hack, scientific consensus on this issue has been achieved.

You are confused as so many are on this.

Its been said many many times, its not climate change denial, its MAN MADE climate change that aint happenin.

Climate change is a fact. Its the politics of making money off climate change that has many scientist hush over it, the ones that do speak up against MAN MADE climate change are run out of town.

Climate change is going on NOW. and at best our measily asses might stave off the next ice age for a couple of years at best.

These politically and MONEY driven politicians have thier gov owned scientist placing CO2 montiors on volcanos in such driving up the number.

They have all kinds of falsified data they have pushed off on the ignorant populace in order to tax the populace on it and create another venue of wealth with carbon credit exchanges.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay after an hour of googling (and that is ALL my attention span can devote to this shit), here's my conclusion.

There is too much noise in the bandwidth for a toaster's intellect to be able to filter it out.
Which is about what I expected before I wasted the hour of my life on it. So I'm now perfectly satisified with not knowing what the truth is.
And when it really gets right down to it, it does not matter one iota what I think anyway because regardless I am powerless to do anything about.
I'm satisfied with doing my part by driving my 50 mpg car. If everyone did that it would go a long way toward helping deal with the problem if indeed one exists. But mainly it's because I don't want to continue to giving so much of my money to oil companies and muslim terrorists who both rely on that oil money. It's my right not to like muslims cause they would put me to death if they had their way. And it's right for me not to like oil companies after I walked onto Pensacola Beach that Saturday morning and saw all that oil washing onto the beach and seeing the pools of what looked like oily molasses in the sand.

That's all I feel I need to say on the subject. The rest of you have at it.

Last edited by Bob on 2/21/2013, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

VectorMan wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Again, with the unjustified air of superiority. So predictable.

Like I give a damn how someone like you views me. Talk about having one's head up their ass. Carry on. LOL

Face it punk. In some areas, I am superior to you. And vice versa.

Everything is not a zero sum equation. You over state your case so often it approaches pedestrian.

I'm just yanking on that chain to help ya out, but reality as a concept is too boring, huh green boi...?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

It's just like the gulf war. We were all for it when the government said we needed to go in there and liberate the people and see if they had weapons of mass destruction.
Two groups of people no longer need to work for a living as a result of that war.
1. the people who died in it.
2. the people who invested in it.

Someone has plans to get rich from global warming threats. And they have roots in the government.

Do we need to rid the world of another fake threat so someone can get rich?

NO.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh I wanna add this one thing. What George Carlin said about "the Earth not giving a shit" in that video linked in this thread.
I can say this with certainty. When the worms are chewing on the dead rotting flesh of al gore and rush limbaugh, the Earth is not going to care. And neither am I.

2seaoat

Side note: If 2 high school kids, in Chicago, can take a Prius into their garage and make it get 100 mpg, why can't Toyota do that at the factory?

It might not sell, or have the reliability of the Prius. Canadian taxi companies have almost exclusively switched to the Prius where they are getting 400k maintenance free miles with the best gas mileage available in an auto with the flexibility the Prius has.

All through Phoenix, Kansas City, and Chicago......all I see is Prius taxi cabs.....the Prius has been a game changer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:
Side note: If 2 high school kids, in Chicago, can take a Prius into their garage and make it get 100 mpg[/b]
Link please.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Okay after an hour of googling (and that is ALL my attention span can devote to this shit), here's my conclusion.

There is too much noise in the bandwidth for a toaster's intellect to be able to filter it out.
Which is about what I expected before I wasted the hour of my life on it. So I'm now perfectly satisified with not knowing what the truth is.
And when it really gets right down to it, it does not matter one iota what I think anyway because regardless I am powerless to do anything about.
I'm satisfied with doing my part by driving my 50 mpg car. If everyone did that it would go a long way toward helping deal with the problem if indeed one exists. But mainly it's because I don't want to continue to giving so much of my money to oil companies and muslim terrorists who both rely on that oil money. It's my right not to like muslims cause they would put me to death if they had their way. And it's right for me not to like oil companies after I walked onto Pensacola Beach that Saturday morning and saw all that oil washing onto the beach and seeing the pools of what looked like oily molasses in the sand.

That's all I feel I need to say on the subject. The rest of you have at it.

cop ...

... out

Who coulda seen that coming?

Rolling Eyes

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have a bad back, Sal. Whenever I stand for more than an hour or so it starts to killing me. That's why I haven't applied for a walmart greeter job.
The truth is when I'm sitting on the fence my back aint hurtin. The fence is not the most comfortable seat mind you, but it beats standing on either side which leads to a chiropractor and I don't trust most of those anymore than gore or limbaugh. That's just a hangover from watching one of them ("Dr" Bill Spain) do a "christian exorcism" on his chiropractor show live on Blab TV. Quite frankly I don't think I'll ever forget seeing that.

Last edited by Bob on 2/21/2013, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I have a bad back, Sal.

Diagnosis - lack of spine

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Diagnosis - missing spine

I'll have to admit, Sal, that your professional credentials to make that diagnosis are every bit as impressive as Limbaugh's and Gore's professional credentials to be commenting on climatology. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:Diagnosis - missing spine

I'll have to admit, Sal, that your professional credentials to make that diagnosis are every bit as impressive as Limbaugh's and Gore's professional credentials to be commenting on climatology. lol

C'mon, Bob.

You've used the magic google machine.

You're a smart guy.

Surely, you can see where the scientific community is on this issue.

It is in no way ambiguous.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:C'mon, Bob.

You're a smart guy.

Surely, you can see where the scientific community is on this issue.

It is in no way ambiguous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Yep, just did. But still can't find anything about high school kids getting 100 mpg with a Prius. Would like to though.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not saying it didn't happen. When a junior high kid can invent television anything is possible. For all I know an elementary school kid will probably cure cancer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum