Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A message for Eric.

+5
boards of FL
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Sal
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:05 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:
Lurch wrote:For some reason I thought everything was in-bounds here..
I didn't see it as being one sided, I saw it as one side not having a defense..

I've never seen or heard about anything yet that doesn't deserve a defense.
If we're gonna talk about the guarantee of free expres​sion(and don't worry I value that too) then everything deserving a defense is a principle just as fundamental as free expression in our society.
Both are important, lurch.

The question from WTM about why he was never offended by other religions being trashed was valid..
And I would like to hear the defense of why money was secretly moved to cover the cost of their crimes against children..

WTM's comment was that Eric participated in the trashing of other religions.

Incorrect.. I reread it after GR's post and he never said Anything about Eric bad talking other religions, just a question on why he was never upset with others doing it..

Eric doesn't participate in the threads where there is mugslinging about politics or about religion. I don't know why you think it's his burden to defend all religions. He isn't even defending his own beliefs, he's just had enough of the hatefulness.
Show me where I said it was his burden to defend any fairy tale..
I just mentioned that it was a question from WTM about why he never got upset with other religions being trashed.. He Never said Eric was involved in it..

27A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
I'm not an atheist.

What is your religion?

28A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

If we're gonna talk about the guarantee of free expres​sion(and don't worry I value that too) then everything deserving a defense is a principle just as fundamental as free expression in our society.

The question from WTM about why he was never offended by other religions being trashed was valid..
And I would like to hear the defense of why money was secretly moved to cover the cost of their crimes against children..

Incorrect.. I reread it after GR's post and he never said Anything about Eric bad talking other religions, just a question on why he was never upset with others doing it..

I didn't copy the post....but the wording was to the effect Eric did not mind demonizing Muslims.

29A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
I'm not an atheist.

What is your religion?

Don't you think it's fair that we have at it with your religion too? lol

30A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:11 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
I'm not an atheist.

What is your religion?

I'm an optimistic agnostic.

I reject ALL organized religions.

31A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:13 pm

W_T_M wrote:
Start with your buddy GR.

His nose went way outta joint and up my ass because I refused to explain or defend my faith in God.

Funny....I didn't see any of you pious folk jumping in to defend MY faith, but now you're outraged...?

Pharisee.

There you go again, I was not in any way attempting to get you to defend you religion, I was questioning your stupid post about firing the pope. Nothing more, nothing less. I cannot help it if you read something into my posts as well as others that was not intended. You have a real comprehension issue.

32A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:14 pm

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

Eric doesn't participate in the threads where there is mugslinging about politics or about religion. I don't know why you think it's his burden to defend all religions. He isn't even defending his own beliefs, he's just had enough of the hatefulness.
I just mentioned that it was a question from WTM about why he never got upset with other religions being trashed.. He Never said Eric was involved in it..

That's exactly what I asked.

But keep in mind who you're dealing with. They (the COD) think I'm responsible because the Jews killed Jesus the Christ....it's all my fault. Always.

Eric is a grown man fully capable of making decisions. If his choice is to separate from this beautiful horrible place, so be it.

And if he returns, he'll be as welcomed as if he never went away angry.

Expectations are future resentments....

33A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:14 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

I didn't say that he did say Eric was involved. My point is that Eric does not participate in mugslinging. In case you haven't noticed, Eirc doesn't post on those type threads whether it's Obama trashing, Bush trashing, Allah trashing or Jesus trashing. Anyway, how do you know he didn't get upset by other things that have been posted? And what difference does it make if he says he's offended by every hateful post on here? A lot of things on this forum offend me but I usually skip on over it. But Eric was personally offended by the thread Sal started and it's probably just the final straw for him. That's my guess anyway. Everyone has a weak spot, a thing that upsets them. Do you understand this? Bob is correct. That thread Sal started had NO redeeming value. Zero, other than to upset Catholics. Eric doesn't go around on here preaching to everyone and his religion seems to be mostly a private thing for him. But he certainly has reason to be offended by what Sal posted.

34A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:17 pm

Sal

Sal

FTR, if Yo chooses to leave, I'll be sorry to see him go.

I think that he's an asset to the forum.

But, I'll continue to point out and ridicule the many, many sins of the Church at every opportunity.

He could choose to defend his church, or he could choose to stay away from those threads.

He can also choose to take his ball and go home.

I'll miss his contributions, but it's no skin off my nose.

35A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:22 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
Start with your buddy GR.

His nose went way outta joint and up my ass because I refused to explain or defend my faith in God.

Funny....I didn't see any of you pious folk jumping in to defend MY faith, but now you're outraged...?

Pharisee.

There you go again, I was not in any way attempting to get you to defend you religion, I was questioning your stupid post about firing the pope. Nothing more, nothing less. I cannot help it if you read something into my posts as well as others that was not intended. You have a real comprehension issue.

Good Lord you're stupid.

You got pissed off several months ago when I refused to defend my faith, remember...? Then you threatened me with yet a different link to my personal life....?

Your question was yet another of the dumbass things you do because you cannot stop stalking me.

It was pretty obvious I was being sarcastic, inferring that GOD allowed him to resign before GOD FIRED him, you idiot.

It was also obvious what I asked Eric, but you twisted it to make it sound like I was accusing Eric. Wrong again.

Yeah, we all see who has a problem with reading comprehension.

36A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:24 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote: I'll continue to point out and ridicule the many, many sins of the Church at every opportunity.

He could choose to defend his church

But shouldn't we have the same chance to ridicule your religion? Are you so ashamed of your religion that you won't even tell us what it is? lol

37A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:27 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

I didn't say that he did say Eric was involved. My point is that Eric does not participate in mugslinging. In case you haven't noticed, Eirc doesn't post on those type threads whether it's Obama trashing, Bush trashing, Allah trashing or Jesus trashing. Anyway, how do you know he didn't get upset by other things that have been posted? And what difference does it make if he says he's offended by every hateful post on here? A lot of things on this forum offend me but I usually skip on over it. But Eric was personally offended by the thread Sal started and it's probably just the final straw for him. That's my guess anyway. Everyone has a weak spot, a thing that upsets them. Do you understand this? Bob is correct. That thread Sal started had NO redeeming value. Zero, other than to upset Catholics. Eric doesn't go around on here preaching to everyone and his religion seems to be mostly a private thing for him. But he certainly has reason to be offended by what Sal posted.

Who is the judge on what threads have value when the site claims everything is in-bounds? There are plenty of others on here that post threads just to get the same reaction..

38A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:29 pm

Sal

Sal

The truth is I never was a very good Catholic.

When I was in third grade I made my First Confession or Penance (how stupid is that? - third graders confessing their sins to priests as if a third grader is even capable of any real sin).

Well, I went into the confessional and told the priest that my sin was that I doubted a lot of the stuff in the Bible was true because it just didn't make sense to me.

The priest looked at me like I had three heads and told me to say a bunch of Hail Marys or Our Fathers or some bullshit, and I'd be forgiven.

It was all downhill from there.

lol

39A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:29 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

I didn't copy the post....but the wording was to the effect Eric did not mind demonizing Muslims.

Guess what stalker bitch...? I have a copy, and your attempt to spin this to make me the bully is incorrect...go figure.

40A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:30 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:

Who is the judge on what threads have value when the site claims everything is in-bounds? There are plenty of others on here that post threads just to get the same reaction.
That's a valid question. And the answer can only come from the person who deleted the thread.

So now we need to know two things. One, what Sal's religion is. And two, why bds made the decision to dump the thread.

41A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:30 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote: I'll continue to point out and ridicule the many, many sins of the Church at every opportunity.

He could choose to defend his church

But shouldn't we have the same chance to ridicule your religion? Are you so ashamed of your religion that you won't even tell us what it is? lol

I already told you, I'm an optimistic agnostic.

Ridicule away.

42A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:30 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

Who is the judge on what threads have value when the site claims everything is in-bounds? There are plenty of others on here that post threads just to get the same reaction..

Sure, there are other threads posted for the same reason--just to attack. Do you think those threads are just peachy, too?

Boards is the judge. You'll have to ask him.

43A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:31 pm

Sal wrote:FTR, if Yo chooses to leave, I'll be sorry to see him go.

But, I'll continue to point out and ridicule the many, many sins of the Church at every opportunity.

He could choose to defend his church, or he could choose to stay away from those threads.

I think some body's faith just isn't strong enough to handle the truth or defend a lie..

44A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:32 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Personal information was being posted so I had to delete the thread.

45A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:33 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yomama wrote:Everything is in bounds, but Eric doesn't have to put up with it. We all make decisions. Mine is to keep from being insulted by thoughtless people.

Now, if Boards will kindly send me a confirmation e-mail so I can officially quit this garbage heap, I will do so. Supposedly, my request to leave is only good for 24 hours, and the clock is ticking.

It's not just Sal. Dreams pissed me off the other night too with her ridicule of Catholics. Screw it. I don't have to put up with it and I am done with it.

This is my last post. I'm not coming back. To those people that were nice to me, thank you.

I don't actually send any emails. All the cancellation stuff is automated.

46A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:34 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:

I think some body's faith just isn't strong enough to handle the truth or defend a lie..

You can assume whatever you want to but you don't know Eric's heart. It might be that Eric has decided it is no longer worth his time to sift through all the garbage on here.

47A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:37 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Ridicule away.

Optimistic about what exactly?

48A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:37 pm

Bob wrote:
Lurch wrote:

Who is the judge on what threads have value when the site claims everything is in-bounds? There are plenty of others on here that post threads just to get the same reaction.
That's a valid question. And the answer can only come from the person who deleted the thread.

So now we need to know two things. One, what Sal's religion is. And two, why bds made the decision to dump the thread.

He has already told us that he is an agnostic. I am the atheist that W_T_M keeps referring to, so if yall want to criticize either of us, by all means knock yourself out. We are adults and can take it.

49A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:38 pm

Lurch wrote:

I never question a person's Faith....it's too personal to explain and too amorphous to define.

I have no doubts that Eric taking time off was not just because Sal started a thread belittling the Catholic Church.

Come on....Monty Python made a fortune doing the same thing.

50A message for Eric. - Page 2 Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:39 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Ridicule away.

Optimistic about what exactly?

That there's some kinda all-powerful (or very powerful) force for good in this universe of which were somehow a small part.

Last edited by Sal on 2/11/2013, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum