Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Israel thumps Syria and says more to come if you don't behave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_ISRAEL_STRIKING_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-31-17-55-58

Well, time is getting nigh for Assad. Once he is gone, the chem weapons he possesses will either be rounded up and taken away/destroyed or put into the hands of nefarious groups like Hezbollah and Hamas.

Israel's hitting of the facility north of Damascus that had SA-17s headed into Hezbollah hands is just one action. We all know Syria has chem warfare capabilty. Much of it was given to Assad by Saddam Hussein. Israel is NOT going to let ONE of those birds fly if it has the option to destroy them if need be.

I say more power to Israel for doing what has to be done.

This is what Nethanyu wanted us to do w/ them. What if they don't have these weapons like Bush did?

3Israel thumps Syria and says more to come if you don't behave Empty The Message 2/1/2013, 7:23 am

Slicef18

Slicef18

A good move by Israel. Message sent and received by Syria and other Arab Nations.

Dreamsglore wrote:This is what Nethanyu wanted us to do w/ them. What if they don't have these weapons like Bush did?

Wanted us? No, they've never wanted US to do anything for them except block the antisemitism in the UN voting when it requires it. They've never asked for us to do anything militarily in any war they have fought. One exception(sort of) was during the first Gulf War when Saddam was shooting SCUDS into Israel night after night and we put Patriot missile batteries into their country with the troops to operate them. This helped keep them from going after the SCUDS themselves and destroying the coalition that Bush I put together. That showed great restraint of their part. It showed that they cared if that part of the world became engulfed in a regional war unlike the minions in that region, like Iran, who would love to get that stirred up.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Slicef18 wrote:A good move by Israel. Message sent and received by Syria and other Arab Nations.
Israel SO has its act together. What wouldn't we give for a war that only lasted a few days? They are so efficient and precise. That is to be admired. I hope there is no retribution from Iran etc.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:This is what Nethanyu wanted us to do w/ them. What if they don't have these weapons like Bush did?

Wanted us? No, they've never wanted US to do anything for them except block the antisemitism in the UN voting when it requires it. They've never asked for us to do anything militarily in any war they have fought. One exception(sort of) was during the first Gulf War when Saddam was shooting SCUDS into Israel night after night and we put Patriot missile batteries into their country with the troops to operate them. This helped keep them from going after the SCUDS themselves and destroying the coalition that Bush I put together. That showed great restraint of their part. It showed that they cared if that part of the world became engulfed in a regional war unlike the minions in that region, like Iran, who would love to get that stirred up.

The US was responsible for the SCUD interceptions....information about the incoming SCUD was sent to NORAD and Patriot interception coordinates were sent back to Israel....it took 90 seconds for the transmissions to be sent and the Patriot launched.

Joanimaroni wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The US was responsible for the SCUD interceptions....information about the incoming SCUD was sent to NORAD and Patriot interception coordinates were sent back to Israel....it took 90 seconds for the transmissions to be sent and the Patriot launched.

That's what I said.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

That's what I said.

I know that....I just think the technology was fascinating and I have a personal interest in what and how it was done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum