Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A message for Eric.

+5
boards of FL
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
Sal
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1A message for Eric. Empty A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:05 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I typed this as a reply to that other thread but when I submitted the submit button on the post I discovered the thread had been deleted sometime between me starting to write the post and submitting it. I'll try to word it the same way I worded it in the reply.

Eric,

If I took to heart all the stuff that's been said about homosexuals (okay bisexuals but it's treated the same way), I would have to not only leave this forum but I would also have to leave Pensacola and the whole southeast.

If you leave us you will not only be depriving your enemies of your ideas but you'll also be depriving your friends (like me) of them too.

And about the Pope. The Pope has told us the reason he's resigning is because he feels he's gotten too old and lacking in health to satisfactorily perform the duties required of the Pope. I have no reason to doubt this. And if it is the explanation then I applaud him for it. Some of our Federal Judges (including Supreme Court Justices) could take a lesson from him. And so could some of the Popes who came before him.

Last edited by Bob on 2/11/2013, 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

2A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:07 pm

Sal

Sal

It's was the crack about the altar boy's behind, amarite?

3A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:08 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:It's was the crack about the altar boy's behind, amarite?

Shut up!

4A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:13 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was the whole thread, Sal. It just kept piling on unmercifully with absolutely no one presenting the other side of it.
I've never seen that happen with any other thread or any other topic before. When it's politics we always have both sides contributing posts. And even when the topic is queers we do too. Shit even when it's criminals and commies and muslims we get both sides. And EVEN when the topic is the antichrist obama.
But with that thread it was ALL one sided. And if there's one thing I've learned in life it's that NOTHING is that one-sided in the real world.
Maybe on talk radio. But not in the real world.

5A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:26 pm

For some reason I thought everything was in-bounds here..
I didn't see it as being one sided, I saw it as one side not having a defense..

6A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:40 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:For some reason I thought everything was in-bounds here..

I've never seen or heard about anything yet that doesn't deserve a defense.
If we're gonna talk about the guarantee of free expres​sion(and don't worry I value that too) then everything deserving a defense is a principle just as fundamental as free expression in our society.
Both are important, lurch.

7A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:45 pm

Bob wrote:

If we're gonna talk about the guarantee of free expres​sion(and don't worry I value that too) then everything deserving a defense is a principle just as fundamental as free expression in our society.

The question from WTM about why he was never offended by other religions being trashed was valid..
And I would like to hear the defense of why money was secretly moved to cover the cost of their crimes against children..

8A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:47 pm

hmm I missed it. however, I hope eric doesnt leave. I enjoy his post very much. While he may not feel the same about me, never the less I would hate to not see him here.

as far as that evil looking pope thread. all I got to say to people that protest God that much is that they have so much hate in them they are probaly praying there is no god.

and in defense of catholics. Sure every time one screws up it becomes BIG news. Its all part of the kill off any type of Christianity plan. I know a lotof catholics and none of them are molestors. Ive heard this story over and over again but I would bet that there re as many teachers molesting students as there are catholics molesting students.

good day

9A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually the importance of everything getting a defense is something that has been pounded into me since my youth so maybe because of that I tend to value it more than most. And that's because, after the Supreme Court first interpreted the Constitution as guaranteeing that (Gideon v Wainwright), my uncle in Panama City was the lawyer who defended the innocent man who had been wrongly convicted (without having a defense) and took his case to the Supreme Court and made that landmark ruling happen.
Uncle Fred spent years instilling in me the importance of that event. Almost to the point of brainwashing. lol

Last edited by Bob on 2/11/2013, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

10A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

The question from WTM about why he was never offended by other religions being trashed was valid..
And I would like to hear the defense of why money was secretly moved to cover the cost of their crimes against children..

WTM's comment was that Eric participated in the trashing of other religions.

11A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:50 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I would be very very surprised if Eric posted to trash other religions.
If anybody can quote him I'll take this back. But until then I don't believe it. That's way out of character for Eric.

12A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Bullshit.

The reason it was one-sided is because there's only one side.

The Catholic church is corrupt to its core and its leadership is evil.

Period.

End of story.

As an ex-Catholic, I'll continue to yell it at the top of my lungs.

The behavior of the Church over my lifetime has been disgusting, so much so that I renounced Catholicism specifically and organized religion generally.

The Catholic Church had a chance to change its ways the last time they chose a pope.

Instead, they installed an ex-Nazi scumbag motherfucker who was in charge of covering up the child abuse scandal under JPII.

Seems to me that loyal Catholics would be better served by being offended by the deplorable behavior of their church and its corrupt leadership, rather than people making jokes about their church's deplorable behavior and its corrupt leadership.

13A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:52 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:Actually the importance of everything getting a defense is something that has been pounded into me since my youth so maybe because of that I tend to value it more than most. And that's because, after the Supreme Court first interpreted the Constitution as guaranteeing that (Gideon v Wainwright), my uncle in Panama City was the lawyer who defended the innocent man who had been wrongly convicted (without having a defense) and took his case to the Supreme Court and made that landmark ruling happen.
Uncle Fred spent years instilling in me the importance of that event. Almost to the point of brainwashing. lol

Your uncle defended Gideon?

14A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I would be very very surprised if Eric posted to trash other religions.
If anybody can quote him I'll take this back. But until then I don't believe it. That's way out of character for Eric.

I never ever saw a post by Eric trashing any religion...that is not who he is.

15A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:53 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:I would be very very surprised if Eric posted to trash other religions.

Ghost posted this exact same thing about Eric right before Boards killed the thread. And I agree. I've never seen Eric attack anyone's religion.

16A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:53 pm

Everything is in bounds, but Eric doesn't have to put up with it. We all make decisions. Mine is to keep from being insulted by thoughtless people.

Now, if Boards will kindly send me a confirmation e-mail so I can officially quit this garbage heap, I will do so. Supposedly, my request to leave is only good for 24 hours, and the clock is ticking.

It's not just Sal. Dreams pissed me off the other night too with her ridicule of Catholics. Screw it. I don't have to put up with it and I am done with it.

This is my last post. I'm not coming back. To those people that were nice to me, thank you.

17A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:55 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

Incorrect.. I reread it after GR's post and he never said Anything about Eric bad talking other religions, just a question on why he was never upset with others doing it..

18A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:56 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yomama wrote:Everything is in bounds, but Eric doesn't have to put up with it. We all make decisions. Mine is to keep from being insulted by thoughtless people.

Now, if Boards will kindly send me a confirmation e-mail so I can officially quit this garbage heap, I will do so. Supposedly, my request to leave is only good for 24 hours, and the clock is ticking.

It's not just Sal. Dreams pissed me off the other night too with her ridicule of Catholics. Screw it. I don't have to put up with it and I am done with it.

This is my last post. I'm not coming back. To those people that were nice to me, thank you.

I'm sorry to hear this, Eric. I don't know why some atheists are so bothered that others believe in God.

19A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay that's it. If you quit posting then I'm going back to the cigarettes.
I can't handle all this stress without nicotine.

20A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 4:59 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Bob wrote:

Incorrect.. I reread it after GR's post and he never said Anything about Eric bad talking other religions, just a question on why he was never upset with others doing it..

Eric doesn't participate in the threads where there is mugslinging about politics or about religion. I don't know why you think it's his burden to defend all religions. He isn't even defending his own beliefs, he's just had enough of the hatefulness.

21A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:It's was the crack about the altar boy's behind, amarite?

Shut up!

Not likely, trollnie.

22A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:01 pm

Don't go... fight back. Leftists like sal have plenty of baggage... believing in govt solutions takes more faith than religion.

23A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:03 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:I don't know why some atheists are so bothered that others believe in God.

I'm not an atheist.

24A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:04 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Don't go... fight back. Leftists like sal have plenty of baggage... believing in govt solutions takes more faith than religion.

"believing in government solutions takes more faith than religion".

I like that. lol

25A message for Eric. Empty Re: A message for Eric. 2/11/2013, 5:05 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Yomama wrote:Everything is in bounds, but Eric doesn't have to put up with it. We all make decisions. Mine is to keep from being insulted by thoughtless people.

I'm sorry to hear this, Eric. I don't know why some atheists are so bothered that others believe in God.

Start with your buddy GR.

His nose went way outta joint and up my ass because I refused to explain or defend my faith in God.

Funny....I didn't see any of you pious folk jumping in to defend MY faith, but now you're outraged...?

Pharisee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum