Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Navy Point. Adventure

+5
knothead
Nekochan
PBulldog2
Jake92
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 9:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I sure hope all of you guys have a great adventure....and I hope BOB doesn't get an indecent exposure charge.

77Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 10:00 pm

Chrissy wrote:HG, dont forget to take me pics. Go to the end of kalash and baublits and take a pic of my old boat tree for me please Very Happy

Which tree, Chrissy? My guess is 1 because there is deeper water near the shore.

Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Kalash10

78Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 10:18 pm

Yomama wrote:
Chrissy wrote:HG, dont forget to take me pics. Go to the end of kalash and baublits and take a pic of my old boat tree for me please Very Happy

Which tree, Chrissy? My guess is 1 because there is deeper water near the shore.

It must be tree #3. However I must tell... lol... one year us and my friend/neighbor stole another friends of ours who lives around the corners strawmen they had out for halloween. That strawman had met a gf on tree #2 and had his picture taken for ransom LOL

79Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 10:47 pm

Jake92

Joni, you and Chrissy along with everybody else is welcome to join us..

80Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 10:59 pm

Jake92 wrote:Joni, you and Chrissy along with everybody else is welcome to join us..

I would, Thats where I lived at when I lived there. I reside in cape coral now.

yall have fun and get me some pics. I so love that place.

look for dolphins, they should be there this time of year. pics of them if possible Very Happy

Those dolphins are my family. If you tell them you know me, they will jump out of the water,,,,

81Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 11:03 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:I sure hope all of you guys have a great adventure....and I hope BOB doesn't get an indecent exposure charge.

if he does do something like that. I hope its not around tree#2 or #3, the gay guy that lives in that house right there is funny.

82Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 11:05 pm

Jake92

If I knew the house address I would get pics for you.. PM me and I'll send them to you..

83Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/7/2013, 11:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:Joni, you and Chrissy along with everybody else is welcome to join us..

I appreciate the invite...but we have family stuff to do.

84Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/9/2013, 6:10 pm

Chrissy, here's a small version of a picture merge.

To get a HUGE version, click below. This image is 21 megabytes.
http://ericericson.net/Kalash-Baublits.jpg

If it just fills your screen, click on the huge version once it has downloaded. In Firefox, the cursor has a plus in it. That means you can click on it to see it in all it's glory. It should be like you are viewing the bayou with binoculars.

As with most panorama photos, the image is distorted. The view is from one end of the shoreline to the other... basically an 180 degree view.

85Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/9/2013, 6:31 pm

WOW!!!! Damn!! GREAT JOB. UNREAL Thanks Eric!!!Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Good-job-7

86Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/9/2013, 6:56 pm

That is very cool EE. Chrissy is going to be very happy, no doubt!

87Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/9/2013, 7:08 pm

Yomama wrote:Chrissy, here's a small version of a picture merge.

To get a HUGE version, click below. This image is 21 megabytes.
http://ericericson.net/Kalash-Baublits.jpg

If it just fills your screen, click on the huge version once it has downloaded. In Firefox, the cursor has a plus in it. That means you can click on it to see it in all it's glory. It should be like you are viewing the bayou with binoculars.

As with most panorama photos, the image is distorted. The view is from one end of the shoreline to the other... basically an 180 degree view.

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Let me tell you some stories about that spot.

Ill tell you first because I want to start with the sadest and work my way out. Hallmark probaly knows this.

One morning I was going to get in the boat. And I was wading out into the water and looked across the way. A man had tied himself to a rope killing himself. I felt creepy at first. It took me a couple of years to understand it. I dont understand suicide but I know why he would chose to do it there, like that. That man must have known what I later found out. The true beauty of Navy point grand byou.

When I moved there I was almost to turn 40. I had left my home and family, mom dad, sisters etc. It was my bigest move ever. I moved there on May 1st, I started my job with pensacola pathologist may 2nd as lead tech.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed. so I got up on my bday day and walked to the end of the road. And I saw the most amazing thing that touched me for the rest of my life.

I sat there on the bank watching the sun come up and who showed up for my bday? about 40 dolphins. I am not lying, it was that many or more. And they put on a display that seaworld would be jealous of. They were jumping in and out of the water. i could not beleive my eyes.

I fell in LOVE with dolphins that day. As I met you all, i expressed that love in many ways with my avatars, research etc. I became one with the dolhins for years. I purchased a boat to go seek them and they came to me.

I know, Im not special. They came to all there. that is where they loved to be. And it became where i loved to be.

Then the oil spill happened. And I felt it. I could feel the stifiling horrow of my dolphins and all that resided with them. I became obcessed with the health of what i considered my dolphins.

I would go down and video the shores, look closely at the tiny fish and the tiny crabs who died and washed ashore.

The only good thing that came from that is my awareness of these fragile wonderful creatures and enviroment they live in.

I have so many funny stories of my times at navy point.

But the most precious one that i could ever share is how I became to LOVE it as a part of my being human.

I am with you all when you are there, because my heart is there. and those dolphins, the ones who survived, they are there too. Waiting for you to seek them out of love.

88Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 1:59 pm

Jake92

Dang, I woke up at 8:07, got dressed and was there by 8:20 and there were 2 vehicles in the lot. I took off walking from the lot past the boat ramps for 30 minutes and went back the same way. By the time I got back to the van, the other cars were gone.. :-(( I guess I'll try next Sunday..

89Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 2:37 pm

Sorry we missed you. We waited a litle while then we went to the end of Gibbs/Kalash to the park then and walked to the end of the path. All is good Next Sunday will work for me.

90Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 2:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Next Sunday it is. That is if you save your nickels and save your dimes and work till the sun don't shine. You too can go back to the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGB9cvWdn04

91Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 2:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Hallma11

92Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 3:08 pm

Thank Bob Good Photo. I remember when that was just a little creek. LOL

93Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 3:26 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:Thank Bob Good Photo. I remember when that was just a little creek. LOL

Was that before the dinosaurs or after? Just wonderin'...

94Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 3:29 pm

That was right after the Ice Melted. Damn it was really cold back then, I remember one time we ......................

95Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 5:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Did you guys have a good time?

96Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 5:51 pm

Yes Bob is a good person. He is very observant and we both like to talk. All ways good to get out and enjoy nature and look for things you might not have noticed before. It was a great Morning. Maybe some others will be able to join us one Sunday. All is good.

97Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 6:01 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:Yes Bob is a good person. He is very observant and we both like to talk. All ways good to get out and enjoy nature and look for things you might not have noticed before. It was a great Morning. Maybe some others will be able to join us one Sunday. All is good.

We awakened at 7:55, and there just wasn't enough time to get to Navy Point by 8. It would have been nice.

Maybe next we can start at 9? Jake would have been able to get there by 9 as well.

98Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 7:22 pm

Jake92

iI was there by 8:20.. :-((

99Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 7:24 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Jake92 wrote:iI was there by 8:20.. :-((

Dammit. Get Bob to give you a wake up call.

100Navy Point. Adventure - Page 4 Empty Re: Navy Point. Adventure 2/10/2013, 7:26 pm

Jake92

I'll make sure I'm up on time next week.. You should be there too Joani..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum