Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out--

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:

your not to bright are you---I said I called you know to pay taxes so I would not get into trouble and they said I dont have to worry about it-so im not going to worry about it Razz --haha I have legal status --that is the diff---yea im dissing -dirt is free --anyone could do what I do so I say get to work---the ones who cant work period---I have no problem with those getting food stamps--I dont even need permits ---now go dream up something else Razz ---my husband worked overtime this week --Im going to go eat now Razz

I don't know who you talked to but they gave you some wrong information or you just didn't understand what they said. Probably the latter. If you earn money you have to pay taxes on it.Do you understand that? It's called earned income and yes, the IRS would care.It's called tax evasion and you do have to give some to Obama. Ignorance is not an excuse. You're in the same category as illegal aliens working here.

Dream is partly right here in that if you earn income, even from yard sales it has to be reported to the IRS. Unless you are losing money in the deal. And if you are conducting those "yard sales" as your business then even the state would tax you for it. I would call someone of better authority on the issue if i were you as whoever you were talking too may not have properly understood what was going on. And not in the county but a bit higher up in the bureaucratic food chain.
But she is different from an illegal in that; a) she is an American Citizen (or i assume as much since she has claimed such) and is thus not breaking immigration laws, and b) is not sending her income to another country improving that countries economy while negatively impacting the US's.
As i am not sure exactly what the "Yard sale" job is i can't comment more on the issue.

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:

I am an American not an illegal , Im trying to build my buisness-right now and people like you and Obama connot stand to see someone make something of themself --do you report your yard sales-- Razz

By the way my situation would not be like the undocumented workers--They take jobs away from Americans and I hope one day I will be able to create jobs for Americans .

I'm glad you're a proud Republican and not a Democrat,Wanda. Kinda evens out those Obama supporter jokes.Good luck on your business. I'm sure you'll be a chain in no time.
Many other people have started businesses and done it the legal way. If your business takes off great but understand that at least right now if you are actually making a profit you are committing a federal crime by not reporting your income and could face stiff fines, penalties, and possibly jail time.

Nowhere did I say she was an illegal alien. I said she was the same as an illegal by not paying taxes on her income. I backed off as I saw she clearly does not understand anything about business or taxes or even what the county does.

PBulldog2 wrote:
I'll grant you that malpractice insurance (private, of course - and quite the profit-maker) is one reason health care costs have risen. I don't know if you're a sock or not, but I've written that many times over the years on these forums.
Nope not sock so i don't have the knowledge of your years of support for anything.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Malpractice is all about profit too, you see, from the insurance companies to the attorneys who specialize in those cases. Yes, they are a large part of the problem. Tort reform is not only necessary but crucial, but it will continue to be ignored due to the large lobbying efforts by both groups (attorney and private insurance providers.)
and the millions of people abuse it for years. But the other big problem is not just the numbers of malpractice lawsuits, but the enormous amounts of money which these people get in jury trials, and the millions that they get in settlements. And yes they the companies are in it to make a profit but they are the ones who are making sure that the doctors can continue to work without having their medical careers destroyed but frivolous suits or suits brought by people when the doctor has not actually committed malpractice but the person still suffered from the worst possible or even death and the family targets the individual.

PBulldog2 wrote:
I don't know where you got the notion that my support of universal health care is about me, or that I will ever cry about what the rich have and I don't, other than my support of OWS in the past. Yeah - you betcha - I think the companies involved in the mortgage scam, from the big bankers and AIG on down, need to do some serious prison time for their involvement, but that won't happen, either, for the same reasons I stated above. Lobbying groups for the bankers and private insurers like AIG.

As long as the large lobbying groups as well as corporations are allowed to buy our legislators, nothing much will change.

My support of universal health care - i.e., "Medicare for all" - doesn't have much to do with me. It won't be long until I'll be eligible for Medicare again. My support has to do with the fact that I don't want the legions of younger people in our country to ever have to go without decent access to comprehensive health care. Obamacare will not provide this, so I'm speculating it won't be too many years until universal health care becomes the standard.

You're wrong about a national health care plan not providing good health insurance. Medicare coverage, by and large, is excellent, although the prescription plan needs some tweaking. During the years I had Medicare, I was never "denied" a life-saving procedure or anything else, except for the medications I needed when I was in the doughnut hole. I never had to wait in line for any treatment or appointment.
OWS?
and not touching the banker issue even though i agree with you there its a separate topic and whole different bag of worms.

as far as Medicare that is good that you didn't have to go for some of the more lifesaving treatments but just because you didn't doesn't mean that others don't.

And finally yes Obama care is a pathway to universal health care by trying to further attack the entire healthcare industry. and people are not being denied the ability to get decent health care as it has been out there and available its just been a matter of what people are willing to choose what to get. My own sister never could "afford" her health insurance for her and her husband, but they can afford to trade in their vehicle and get a new one as well as several other luxuries. it comes down to people choose and enjoy other things then get upset when they have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

PBulldog2 wrote:
I can't speak to reimbursements for physicians or hospital by Medicare and Medicaid, except for the known fact that patients with Medicaid have a helluva time getting an appointment with a physician. That will need to change, and it would change if we had a national health care system. Any national health care plan we would ever have would be under continual review for necessary changes, just as Medicare and Medicaid are today.

If you want to read about financing a national health care plan, go to pnhp.org. That's Physicians for a National Healthcare Plan. I've been a member for some 15 years, so my continuing advocacy for universal health care is not a new thing. Then again, I expect you are a sock, so you already know this. Laughing

So you want to force all physicians to take this ridiculous plan huh.. well we will have to disagree i think that physicians in this country should have the right and currently do about who if anyone they will take as a patient. And if they are having problems now how can you not see it being an even bigger problem with the federal government taking it over. i read there reports and i don't see how they can state some o fit. Do you honesty think that the federal government, THE U.S. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, will be cheaper private companies.

and do you even think that the 4th principle will be the public or the government as it is now in every other country with this type of system?

You can believe in the Utopian ideal for medical coverage i will believe that it will turn into a disaster and see the countless problems and lives that will be lost in this a further attempt for the federal government to grab power and take more of the private industry away.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

You can believe in the Utopian ideal for medical coverage i will believe that it will turn into a disaster and see the countless problems and lives that will be lost in this a further attempt for the federal government to grab power and take more of the private industry away.

First of all, I had Medicare back when I had a life-threatening illness. Medicare never failed to pay any of my bills. They never required "pre-authorization" or engaged in any of the other payment-denying shenanigans that go on with almost every private insurance company.

At least we agree on tort reform. I, too am sickened by the people who use negative circumstances in their lives to sue someone just so they can get a big pay out. That is greed at its worst, and it's perpetuated by the current legal system. If we had decent tort reform at the federal level, the entire face of healthcare would change almost overnight. Until then, the medical profession will continue to be dictated to by the legal profession.

I don't think single payer health care - i.e., Medicare for all - is a utopian solution, but something has to give, or the whole system will continue to collapse. I think it is way, way too late for private business to effect any positive change in the health care system. We are beyond that point now. If I am proven wrong, I will be the first to celebrate.

I threw in that blurb about OWS because I figured you were a sock of someone else on this forum. I'm still not sure you aren't, but time will tell. I'll take your word for it for now.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/5/obama-health-law-will-cost-7-million/

cool1

cool1

HeeHee your right and im somewhat wrong ---on my part time job Laughing
im bad I do not report my yard sales -So spank me Embarassed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum