Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out--

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

cool1

cool1

someone post the story , I dont know how yet---
Thats what he gets for not reading the bill-then he pushes it through-heehee then he says his hands were tied---this guy is stupid - then tries to blame others-- bom

you should have READ THE BILL OBAMANUT!

Who would vote for someone --after they tell you they didnt read the bills they are passing --sorry im pissed about this one --idiot-- Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

The Affordable Care Act is flawed. It is a starting point to get us to a single payer system Medicare for all. We need to work for a cost efficient Medicare for all system. We need to allow the government to negotiate drug prices. We need a national sales tax of 2 cents to pay for the program, plus continued payroll deductions. It is simply impossible to keep this broken and very expensive system afloat when we pay double the drug prices compared to Canada and Europe. The idea of thinking the President is stupid.....well that says more about the person making the observation than any semblance of reality.

If you want to copy a link to your message on a thread, right click the web address from the story you are reading and hit copy. Return to your message you are writing, and right click and paste the link into the message. People will be able to access the article. It is very difficult to post the story you reference when the entire internet is full of blogs whose only purpose is to slant every issue and make the President look stupid. I would not even know where to begin to post the article you reference.

cool1

cool1

ok yes the president is smarter than I on some things -----this not being one of them Very Happy ----you dont go out spending that kind of money on something and not read it sorry but that is very stupid , My opinion he is stupid when it comes to this .

As far as myself I never claim to be that smart Rolling Eyes some think they know it all --im not that way either--yes something needs to be done about Health care -- I just wish they knew what the heck they were doing before they do it! thats all---heehee Im far from being too stupid ---I do just fine I have what most work all there life to have - I wouldnt call that stupid--I call it hard work--and I credit no one but god up above

cool1

cool1

The article is headline news-not hard for anyone to find Rolling Eyes

cool1

cool1

Obamacare Glitch Could Make Healthcare Unaffordable for Millions
Sunday, 12 Aug 2012 11:01 AM

By Patrick Hobin

More ways to share... Mixx Stumbled LinkedIn Vine Buzzflash Reddit Delicious Newstrust Technocrati Share: More . . . A A | Email Us | Print | Forward Article
inShare inShare0 A glitch in the language of Obamacare could make the “affordable” health plan unaffordable for millions of American workers, the New York Times reported.

Wrangling over the legal definition of “affordable” could mean some families would be unable to afford family coverage offered by their employers, and would also not be eligible for subsidies, according to the Times.

For a family making $35,000 a year and paying $4,130 in family health coverage through an employer’s plan—12 percent of the family’s total income—the costs would be deemed affordable under Obamacare and they would not be eligible for government subsidies.

“This is a serious glitch,” said Bruce Lesley, president of child advocacy group First Focus. “Under the proposal, millions of children and families would be unable to obtain affordable coverage in the workplace, but ineligible for subsidies to buy private insurance in the exchanges” to be established in each state.

Under the proposed rules, health insurance provided by an employer is considered not affordable if a worker pays of premium of more than 9.5 percent of the worker’s household income. The Internal Revenue Service says this calculation should be based solely on the cost of individual coverage for the employee and not coverage of a spouse or children. Family coverage typically costs much more.

Critics argue that these need to be taken into account and could have “huge practical consequences,” according to the Times, affecting who gets help from the government in buying health insurance.

“The effect of this wrong interpretation of the law will be that many families remain or potentially become uninsured,” said a letter to the Obama administration from Democrats who pushed the bill through the House in 2009-10, according to the Times.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/healthcare-obama-affordable-insurance/2012/08/12/id/448294/#ixzz2JYJ4ysCO
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

2seaoat

For a family making $35,000 a year and paying $4,130 in family health coverage through an employer’s plan—12 percent of the family’s total income—the costs would be deemed affordable under Obamacare and they would not be eligible for government subsidies.

We are paying $1400 per month for health insurance. We are blessed to have this opportunity. We pay over 4 times what your example has suggested. If we made less than 4 times the 35k, or 140k......would you think we deserve some type of subsidy from the government?

This is all silliness. We need medicare for all. We need to budget the cost, and collect the revenue. We would have an industrial rebirth in this nation once employers are freed from the costs associated with medical coverage. Each of us must pay our own insurance through payroll deductions and sales tax. It really is that simple.

In addition as a general rule food is excluded from sales tax. All foods should be taxed unless a food type applies for an exemption. Exemptions are granted for healthy foods as determined by a commission of nutritionist and doctors. Therefore, we will reward healthy eating, and collect additional taxes for those who choose otherwise. It is a free country. You can eat whatever you want. We will just collect a sales tax on those items which will add to the nation's medical bills.

Hey seaoat. Not everything is about you. Not everyone is as rich as you. Not everyone can pay as much as you do for stuff. you may not be aware of this, even though you always say how blessed you are. but facts are from your post, you are not aware of the struggles us lowly peasants feel.

Take your first comment to the info that people making $35,000 would have to pay more than $4000 a year. Thats a lot of money for that annual salary. I see the point because its not affordable really. But your first repsonse to it is to compare how much you pay. as if that helps the poor lowly peasants condition any to know a wealthy old crazy man is paying more.

and then you go on to gripe about medicare for all. I can assure you the goal of obamacare is to have a universal gov only option ins. but first we must suffer, so when we get it, we will think its good. This means killing off our current system with a slow painful death. This will take a while but the left idealogy is amazing in that they are very patient to wait decades for plans to take effect. Ill have to live through the crumble professionally. but I probaly wont see universal gov only ins. although we are headed the way of europe quickly so i could be wrong.

The way I look at this is, everybody wants to make sure that this is provided. They are willing to ruin the quality of care 80% of Americans for a few percent. So eventually, mark my word, everybody will get equally SHITTY coverage. That will be your universal medicare for all.

either way, obamacare is a piece of shit. I agree with cool, our fucking politicians passing shit they havnt even read is NOT acceptable. and im sick of ll the assholes on the hill.

heres the subsidy link for tose who wonder if they will get one. people are going to be real surprised. A poor tax has been passed and they dont even know it yet.

http://healthreform.kff.org/Home/KHS/SubsidyCalculator.aspx?source=FS.

cool1

cool1

Im not rich---I live pay check to pay check and try to buy food---the food part is hard , because I dont get food stamps lol People who get food stamps are better off--then they can pay bills easier.

My husband is disabled -but still works -why because you cant live off food stamps alone Razz

Oh he says sometimes he feels as though the working people get screwed-stop working -live off the government -like Obama would like to see us do!

haha then he says Wanda, we wouldnt make it if we do something like that No heehee I told him no we wouldnt .

I have property --- I cant eat it.

2seaoat

Hey seaoat. Not everything is about you.

I think it is. The example I gave is from what we actually pay. To criticize the President because health care has out paced inflation for thirty years and it is very expensive.......well that is silliness. I smile when you have wealth envy and make assumptions, but in the end Medicare for all is the most cost efficient system for health care provision. Also, if an industrial sector in America was pouring pollutants into a stream, or if junk food manufacturers pour poison into the stream of commerce, should we not penalize those polluters to pay for the clean up? Should a large part of our health care budget be for prevention, rather than clean up? There are simple answers. Medicare for all......TODAY!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy you stop that wealth envy right now....it makes the wealthy uncomfortable and besides it's just silliness.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:Hey seaoat. Not everything is about you.

I think it is. The example I gave is from what we actually pay. To criticize the President because health care has out paced inflation for thirty years and it is very expensive.......well that is silliness. I smile when you have wealth envy and make assumptions, but in the end Medicare for all is the most cost efficient system for health care provision. Also, if an industrial sector in America was pouring pollutants into a stream, or if junk food manufacturers pour poison into the stream of commerce, should we not penalize those polluters to pay for the clean up? Should a large part of our health care budget be for prevention, rather than clean up? There are simple answers. Medicare for all......TODAY!

Seaoat, you know I agree about Medicare for all. Chrissy, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

While we're talking about health care for the poor, as well as the twin subjects of increasing access to mental health care and gun control, take at look at this article:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/bridgeway-center-to-close-all-inpatient-services-gallery-1.86868

FORT WALTON BEACH —Bridgeway Center’s Crisis Stabilization Unit will close its doors in March, affecting numerous agencies in Okaloosa and Walton counties.

The closing is expected no later than March 31.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Chrissy you stop that wealth envy right now....it makes the wealthy uncomfortable and besides it's just silliness.

I dont have wealth envy. Im just saying it like it is.

I couldnt be middle calls if my boss was not wealthy.

I dont have wealth envy. You compared yourself to a person making 35,000 a year. Thats the BIG ":I" all about me signal.

The rest of your tripe is just that. tripe. crap. poo. doo doo, shit. ka ka, turd, hockie, dookie, fece's. etc etc

PBulldog2 wrote:

Seaoat, you know I agree about Medicare for all. Chrissy, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

While we're talking about health care for the poor, as well as the twin subjects of increasing access to mental health care and gun control, take at look at this article:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/bridgeway-center-to-close-all-inpatient-services-gallery-1.86868

FORT WALTON BEACH —Bridgeway Center’s Crisis Stabilization Unit will close its doors in March, affecting numerous agencies in Okaloosa and Walton counties.

The closing is expected no later than March 31.

Yes, we will agree to disagree. because obama didnt give us medicare for all did he? No he did not. and your not going to get it just like that. What I said is what we have will have to be ruined first. I dont want to argue with you on it, but if its not clear no one is going to vote for medicare for all first of all, second we cant even pay for the current ACA. So logic would tell us that we have to ruin the system before people will agree to vote for a new one. And when they get it, again, like I said, dont expect it to be all butterflies and cotten candy.

I try to deal in facts. Not in what I would wish for. Thats all.

Chrissy wrote:

I dont have wealth envy. You compared yourself to a person making 35,000 a year. Thats the BIG ":I" all about me signal.

The rest of your tripe is just that. tripe. crap. poo. doo doo, shit. ka ka, turd, hockie, dookie, fece's. etc etc

Then yours must be diarhea?

cool1 wrote:Im not rich---I live pay check to pay check and try to buy food---the food part is hard , because I dont get food stamps lol People who get food stamps are better off--then they can pay bills easier.

My husband is disabled -but still works -why because you cant live off food stamps alone Razz

Oh he says sometimes he feels as though the working people get screwed-stop working -live off the government -like Obama would like to see us do!

haha then he says Wanda, we wouldnt make it if we do something like that No heehee I told him no we wouldnt .

I have property --- I cant eat it.

Have you thought about getting a job,Wanda? Most people can't live off one paycheck nowdays.

These represent 100% of FPL. 133% of these numbers is medicaid cutoff. For subsidies, take the number X 4. Looks like a single person went up $1300, and a family of 4 went up $2000. Meaning, more people will be eligible for subsidies, and the cost of obamacare goes up. the table didn't copy over well, here is the link:
Federal Register | Annual Update of the HHS Poverty Guidelines

copy and paste federal register above to see chart.

2013 Poverty Guidelines for the 48 Contiguous States and the District of Columbia Back to Top Persons in family/household Poverty guideline For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,020 for each additional person. 1 $11,490 2 15,510 3 19,530 4 23,550 5 27,570 6 31,590 7 35,610 8 39,630

The link is to a sample application.

http://newsmanager.commpartners.com/...pplication.pdf

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/31/working-poor-liquid-asset-poverty_n_1243152.html

Let's see 46 million people in poverty in the US and the other half w/ one foot on a banana peel. This is the land where if you work hard you will succeed.Right? Guess again. You would be better off living in Europe.

Dreamsglore wrote:Let's see 46 million people in poverty in the US and the other half w/ one foot on a banana peel. This is the land where if you work hard you will succeed.Right? Guess again. You would be better off living in Europe.

Americas poverty is better than the average person in europe. But feel free to move to europe since you regard it so highly.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Let's see 46 million people in poverty in the US and the other half w/ one foot on a banana peel. This is the land where if you work hard you will succeed.Right? Guess again. You would be better off living in Europe.

Americas poverty is better than the average person in europe. But feel free to move to europe since you regard it so highly.

Really? Since when have you been there and know the living situation? Europeans do live a better life when it comes to healthcare and other living conditions. I don't need your endorsement to live there.Actually, I am thinking about it but I have reservations due to my family. You say ignorant things about that which you know so little of.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Really? Since when have you been there and know the living situation? Europeans do live a better life when it comes to healthcare and other living conditions. I don't need your endorsement to live there.Actually, I am thinking about it but I have reservations due to my family. You say ignorant things about that which you know so little of.

I know more about than you know I know.

Move. get the hell out of here.

too many damn stupid people in this country already. get the hell out. hurry up too. Europe is waiting.

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

too many damn stupid people in this country already. get the hell out. hurry up too. Europe is waiting.

You're one of the biggest ones.Know why? Because people like you who yell the loudest are always the most stupid. Let's take you for example. What would you do if you became permanently and totally disabled from a car wreck, let's say? You're the breadwinner in your illustrious big family and take care of all those people,right? Sure you may have disability but that only lasts for so long. Maybe two years then you have to go on SSDI and receive about a third of what you were making not to mention the medical bills you would accrue. You would be effed and lose everything and be living in poverty trying to support everybody. Car, house,furniture payments everything would go. At least where healthcare is universal the chances of bankrupting from a medical emergency would be less. It happens all the time.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

You're one of the biggest ones.Know why? Because people like you who yell the loudest are always the most stupid. Let's take you for example. What would you do if you became permanently and totally disabled from a car wreck, let's say? You're the breadwinner in your illustrious big family and take care of all those people,right? Sure you may have disability but that only lasts for so long. Maybe two years then you have to go on SSDI and receive about a third of what you were making not to mention the medical bills you would accrue. You would be effed and lose everything and be living in poverty trying to support everybody. Car, house,furniture payments everything would go. At least where healthcare is universal the chances of bankrupting from a medical emergency would be less. It happens all the time.

I have so much ins I pay on I could pay another house payment on. ins o love me. I have aflack too lol

dreams, i was poor all my life. I gre up poor as dirt. I know what its like. and I know that people need to do for themselves. If something happens to me, my ins will pave the way for my family because I have made sure of that.

Im also a cancer survivor. and I lost a lot during that time. so please, dont think you know people. you dont.

I stopped believing someone was supposed to do something for me LONG LONG LONG time ago.

now get the hell out of the country. You hate the country, why stay here?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum