Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out--

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Let's see 46 million people in poverty in the US and the other half w/ one foot on a banana peel. This is the land where if you work hard you will succeed.Right? Guess again. You would be better off living in Europe.

Americas poverty is better than the average person in europe. But feel free to move to europe since you regard it so highly.

Really? Since when have you been there and know the living situation? Europeans do live a better life when it comes to healthcare and other living conditions. I don't need your endorsement to live there.Actually, I am thinking about it but I have reservations due to my family. You say ignorant things about that which you know so little of.

I know more about than you know I know.

Move. get the hell out of here.

too many damn stupid people in this country already. get the hell out. hurry up too. Europe is waiting.

You're one of the biggest ones.Know why? Because people like you who yell the loudest are always the most stupid. Let's take you for example. What would you do if you became permanently and totally disabled from a car wreck, let's say? You're the breadwinner in your illustrious big family and take care of all those people,right? Sure you may have disability but that only lasts for so long. Maybe two years then you have to go on SSDI and receive about a third of what you were making not to mention the medical bills you would accrue. You would be effed and lose everything and be living in poverty trying to support everybody. Car, house,furniture payments everything would go. At least where healthcare is universal the chances of bankrupting from a medical emergency would be less. It happens all the time.

I have so much ins I pay on I could pay another house payment on. ins o love me. I have aflack too lol

dreams, i was poor all my life. I gre up poor as dirt. I know what its like. and I know that people need to do for themselves. If something happens to me, my ins will pave the way for my family because I have made sure of that.

Im also a cancer survivor. and I lost a lot during that time. so please, dont think you know people. you dont.

I stopped believing someone was supposed to do something for me LONG LONG LONG time ago.

now get the hell out of the country. You hate the country, why stay here?

I never said I know people at all but I know what insurance can and can't do and it won't be there forever. You should have enough sense to know that. I see it everyday.When the insurance runs out and it will-you're screwed. Having cancer and being totally and permanently disabled are two different things unless you're terminal.
And I don't hate the country. I dislike people who make silly laws and don't care about others. I hate the greed and the "I got mine" attitude. Don't worry about whether I stay here or not. It's not your concern. Worry about your attitude towards people who are in need. It has warped you into a bitter,jealous individual. For someone who allegedly has suffered so much you don't have much empathy for others.

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:Im not rich---I live pay check to pay check and try to buy food---the food part is hard , because I dont get food stamps lol People who get food stamps are better off--then they can pay bills easier.

My husband is disabled -but still works -why because you cant live off food stamps alone Razz

Oh he says sometimes he feels as though the working people get screwed-stop working -live off the government -like Obama would like to see us do!

haha then he says Wanda, we wouldnt make it if we do something like that No heehee I told him no we wouldnt .

I have property --- I cant eat it.

Have you thought about getting a job,Wanda? Most people can't live off one paycheck nowdays.

hee hee I do have a side job Razz ---thanks for your concern Rolling Eyes

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Let's see 46 million people in poverty in the US and the other half w/ one foot on a banana peel. This is the land where if you work hard you will succeed.Right? Guess again. You would be better off living in Europe.

Americas poverty is better than the average person in europe. But feel free to move to europe since you regard it so highly.

Really? Since when have you been there and know the living situation? Europeans do live a better life when it comes to healthcare and other living conditions. I don't need your endorsement to live there.Actually, I am thinking about it but I have reservations due to my family. You say ignorant things about that which you know so little of.

Wrong.....again. And yes, I have been there and yes I have inlaws that have lived there in the government flats. You wouldnt like it.

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:Im not rich---I live pay check to pay check and try to buy food---the food part is hard , because I dont get food stamps lol People who get food stamps are better off--then they can pay bills easier.

My husband is disabled -but still works -why because you cant live off food stamps alone Razz

Oh he says sometimes he feels as though the working people get screwed-stop working -live off the government -like Obama would like to see us do!

haha then he says Wanda, we wouldnt make it if we do something like that No heehee I told him no we wouldnt .

Have you thought about getting a job,Wanda? Most people can't live off one paycheck nowdays.

What's a side job? Isn't that where you have a full time job and then one on the side? BTW, people who get foodstamps are not better off.They have a low income.That's why they get them. Surprised

Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I'm not talking about Govt. flats. I'm talking about quality of life not your poor relatives.

Wrong.....again. And yes, I have been there and yes I have inlaws that have lived there in the government flats. You wouldnt like it.

2seaoat wrote:The Affordable Care Act is flawed. It is a starting point to get us to a single payer system Medicare for all. We need to work for a cost efficient Medicare for all system. We need to allow the government to negotiate drug prices. We need a national sales tax of 2 cents to pay for the program, plus continued payroll deductions. It is simply impossible to keep this broken and very expensive system afloat when we pay double the drug prices compared to Canada and Europe. The idea of thinking the President is stupid.....well that says more about the person making the observation than any semblance of reality.

If you want to copy a link to your message on a thread, right click the web address from the story you are reading and hit copy. Return to your message you are writing, and right click and paste the link into the message. People will be able to access the article. It is very difficult to post the story you reference when the entire internet is full of blogs whose only purpose is to slant every issue and make the President look stupid. I would not even know where to begin to post the article you reference.

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out-- - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

Or we could simply nationalize the entire health care industry, use the military pay scale as the basis for what they get paid, and everyone gets the same health care from homeless bum that walks into the door to the president of the United States. Then everyone will get the same high standard of treatment instead of over 13,000 pages of flawed legislation that doesn't work and I doubt anyone's ever read.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

2seaoat wrote:Hey seaoat. Not everything is about you.

I think it is. The example I gave is from what we actually pay. To criticize the President because health care has out paced inflation for thirty years and it is very expensive.......well that is silliness. I smile when you have wealth envy and make assumptions, but in the end Medicare for all is the most cost efficient system for health care provision. Also, if an industrial sector in America was pouring pollutants into a stream, or if junk food manufacturers pour poison into the stream of commerce, should we not penalize those polluters to pay for the clean up? Should a large part of our health care budget be for prevention, rather than clean up? There are simple answers. Medicare for all......TODAY!

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out-- - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4al-4zwXDVDB-KSOf_Rp2kCJmmDpeUJnE4UjXrFrSYYpkxing

Then perhaps we should do with health care like some of the European countries do with fines. Make you pay the same percentage out of your earnings for health care as someone who can barely afford health care. I'm sure that would add a lot of cash flow to the health care industry.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out-- - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmaAptfEZyxG3lCEo9y6Or32MpW72hjgG89h1qUlDJgdu3RMPw

Bullshit! I spent over five years in Europe.

Where in your mind is this imaginary European land of better health care for all?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuY44PHC0wI

Laughing

PBulldog2 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Hey seaoat. Not everything is about you.

I think it is. The example I gave is from what we actually pay. To criticize the President because health care has out paced inflation for thirty years and it is very expensive.......well that is silliness. I smile when you have wealth envy and make assumptions, but in the end Medicare for all is the most cost efficient system for health care provision. Also, if an industrial sector in America was pouring pollutants into a stream, or if junk food manufacturers pour poison into the stream of commerce, should we not penalize those polluters to pay for the clean up? Should a large part of our health care budget be for prevention, rather than clean up? There are simple answers. Medicare for all......TODAY!

Seaoat, you know I agree about Medicare for all. Chrissy, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

While we're talking about health care for the poor, as well as the twin subjects of increasing access to mental health care and gun control, take at look at this article:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/local/bridgeway-center-to-close-all-inpatient-services-gallery-1.86868

FORT WALTON BEACH —Bridgeway Center’s Crisis Stabilization Unit will close its doors in March, affecting numerous agencies in Okaloosa and Walton counties.

The closing is expected no later than March 31.

No Medicare for all is sub par medical care for all. And what i decide to eat or not eat is not any of your concern Last time i checked we lived in America (with the exception of New York and California) the land of the free.
And medicare for all is not the most cost efficient system its a failing system. As for it versus private healthcare, give me private health care everyday.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well i can't speak for her but i do know a good bit about it and i would choose America every time. Their "healthcare" systems suck. Many people die from diseases which could have been cured over her in the good old USA but they won't offer or allow over there because their universal healthcare won't allow it. Not to mention getting an actual doctors appt. is quite difficult from what they told me, and forget about getting a scan for something if its wrong, maybe and x-ray for a broken bone but only one. hope they get everything in that first one.
And while some areas are actually quite nice to live in there slums are horrible, (and Paris was absolutely disgusting i hated every time we went there).

Dreamsglore wrote:
You're one of the biggest ones.Know why? Because people like you who yell the loudest are always the most stupid. Let's take you for example. What would you do if you became permanently and totally disabled from a car wreck, let's say? You're the breadwinner in your illustrious big family and take care of all those people,right? Sure you may have disability but that only lasts for so long. Maybe two years then you have to go on SSDI and receive about a third of what you were making not to mention the medical bills you would accrue. You would be effed and lose everything and be living in poverty trying to support everybody. Car, house,furniture payments everything would go. At least where healthcare is universal the chances of bankrupting from a medical emergency would be less. It happens all the time.
Well i know your not speaking to me but i will comment anyways.
She could go bankrupt and the easiest thing to do would be to go bankrupt. then she would keep her car, her house, and her furniture (provided its not rented). Sure it would ruin her credit for a few years but she can rebuild since she will have a long life.
And why can't her family help to pick up the slack, that what used to happen.

Dreamsglore wrote:

I never said I know people at all but I know what insurance can and can't do and it won't be there forever. You should have enough sense to know that. I see it everyday.When the insurance runs out and it will-you're screwed. Having cancer and being totally and permanently disabled are two different things unless you're terminal.
And I don't hate the country. I dislike people who make silly laws and don't care about others. I hate the greed and the "I got mine" attitude. Don't worry about whether I stay here or not. It's not your concern. Worry about your attitude towards people who are in need. It has warped you into a bitter,jealous individual. For someone who allegedly has suffered so much you don't have much empathy for others.
Actually by not demanding the expansion of medicare and decrying the fact that Obama is not enormously increasing healthcare costs with his bill she is more caring about the people then someone who wants us to go to a system which is and has proven detrimental to people all over the world.
And as opposed to the "I got mine" attitude, you seem to have the "give me mine, I am entitled to it because i was born" attitude.

Dreamsglore wrote:

What's a side job? Isn't that where you have a full time job and then one on the side? BTW, people who get foodstamps are not better off.They have a low income.That's why they get them. Surprised
... And how many people do you know on food stamps. They eat pretty well, many drive decent vehicles, live in subsidized housing which is sometimes better then what many not on food stamps can afford, ...
i need to shut up now before i really go off.

cool1

cool1

this is crazy---I am disabled myself but I at least try to get off my butt and do something---and yes I see it everyday -people do live better off food stamps why because most lie--when they get them. Razz

My part time job as I call it --runs all year round except for very cold months-get up at 4 jump in dirt---for 3 or 4 hours a day---then prepare to sell-then I have people calling anytime of day -drive ups--and then having to go out late in the dirt wishing you had a light so you can see because you have a customer in the morning---I take that back -I have a full time job now that I think about it.

I like working for myself--that is my choice--I dont have to answer to no one ---and the best part of it all---the county considers my job as a yard sales---so my money does not go to Obama at all Razz

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:
cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

well if they dont like there low income --maybe they should get a part time job like me Razz

You don't have to explain yourself coolio... your statement concerning food stamps rings true for many too. The amount of people on them is a sad indicator of our condition imo. Food/hunger has always been the greatest driver of humans.

I love your avatar... are you a superhero?

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I'm not talking about Govt. flats. I'm talking about quality of life not your poor relatives.

OK dreams, tell me about the quality of life in Europe. Then let me school you once again. Please be sure to include the fact that the system is rife with corruption as the "haves" give bribes to the doctors to get put higher on the list for medical treatment while the "have nots" who have no means to bribe are put on the bottom of the list. Include the fact that most dont have access to goods and services like we do here in the states.

cool1

cool1

PkrBum wrote:You don't have to explain yourself coolio... your statement concerning food stamps rings true for many too. The amount of people on them is a sad indicator of our condition imo. Food/hunger has always been the greatest driver of humans.

I love your avatar... are you a superhero?

Pkrbum----That right there is a Halloween picture--My daughter had me dress up --on Halloween--for her dad --haha she said you look sexy mom please put it on before dad comes home. heehee so I did --I hid behind door with gun when he came home--My daughter and I took pics in the yard--I wore that outfit 20 min and took the darn thing off----I put it on facebook--and my sister said---Charlies Angels---I laughed and looked at the pic-heehee it was maybe a pose one of them angels would do--me-heehee Halloween----gun control--heehee I guess I thought maybe it was a good pic--my avatar----------so for right now my avatar means--I like guns and this is what I might do if they ever try to take mine--- Laughing I like big guns--- my early days I would take my 357 magnum out and play --put some cans up on a log and pop them off---back then I drove around in a pick up and kept my gun on the dash board -- back then that was the norm--in Jay florida nothing to do but hunt-fish and target shoot--fun fun

2seaoat

No Medicare for all is sub par medical care for all. And what i decide to eat or not eat is not any of your concern

Please tell me one person you have met who is receiving medicare who has told you they are getting sub par medical care. I call BS. Now in regard to what you want to eat. It is your choice in America. It is also America's choice to tax those items which are put in the stream of commerce which increases health care costs. If we give huge farm subsidies which subsidize beef production, and the big mac with 1400 calories is clogging your artery.....that is your choice, but we need to stop that farm subsidy and allow certain foods to be priced in the marketplace based on their true cost to society. This is done simply with sales tax. We tax alcohol and cigarettes. The punitive nature of the tax impacts the retail price of those things we believe should have consumption reduced. So I am not concerned about what you eat, but completely concerned about recouping revenue for your choices.

2seaoat wrote:No Medicare for all is sub par medical care for all. And what i decide to eat or not eat is not any of your concern

Please tell me one person you have met who is receiving medicare who has told you they are getting sub par medical care. I call BS. Now in regard to what you want to eat. It is your choice in America. It is also America's choice to tax those items which are put in the stream of commerce which increases health care costs. If we give huge farm subsidies which subsidize beef production, and the big mac with 1400 calories is clogging your artery.....that is your choice, but we need to stop that farm subsidy and allow certain foods to be priced in the marketplace based on their true cost to society. This is done simply with sales tax. We tax alcohol and cigarettes. The punitive nature of the tax impacts the retail price of those things we believe should have consumption reduced. So I am not concerned about what you eat, but completely concerned about recouping revenue for your choices.

I have an idea for you commie.

Since your talking about people reaping and being punished for thier choices. I say we live by that law. And those who do not work hard, plan for themselves dont get to have the benefits. This will mean we dont need to pay for thier health ins, releiving the burden of having to also tax me because I want a big mac. fair enough.

2seaoat

This will mean we dont need to pay for thier health ins, releiving the burden of having to also tax me because I want a big mac

Medicare is paid for by across the board payroll deduction. People pay for coverage. Those who do not have jobs purchase things. They will pay a sales tax like all of us will do when we fund medicare for all with about a 2 cent national sales tax. You can choose a big mac, a cigarette, or a six pack of beer, but we will allocate sales tax revenues to offset societal costs for your choices. We have been doing this for eighty years plus, and the system works. It is about revenue and free choice in a capitalist economy. You do not even have rudimentary knowledge of what communism is, but I guess that is what makes this place fun.

Sales tax is considered a regressive tax which proportionally impacts the poor. We mostly exclude food from sales tax. Under Medicare for all, food would not be exempted from sales tax. The tax would be variable based on what foods contribute to America's health care costs. It is simple. Therefore, many will be able to comprehend.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Obama screws up on health care bill---millions of poor left out-- - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmaAptfEZyxG3lCEo9y6Or32MpW72hjgG89h1qUlDJgdu3RMPw

Bullshit! I spent over five years in Europe.

Where in your mind is this imaginary European land of better health care for all?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuY44PHC0wI

Laughing

There are 37 countries that have better healthcare than we do.get educated. France is one.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Well i know your not speaking to me but i will comment anyways.
She could go bankrupt and the easiest thing to do would be to go bankrupt. then she would keep her car, her house, and her furniture (provided its not rented). Sure it would ruin her credit for a few years but she can rebuild since she will have a long life.
And why can't her family help to pick up the slack, that what used to happen.

You don't know much about bankruptcy, do you? FYI, alot of people don't have families to help or unable to w/ enormous medical bills. I see htere's a lot of ignorance on this subject.Not surprising.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Actually by not demanding the expansion of medicare and decrying the fact that Obama is not enormously increasing healthcare costs with his bill she is more caring about the people then someone who wants us to go to a system which is and has proven detrimental to people all over the world.
And as opposed to the "I got mine" attitude, you seem to have the "give me mine, I am entitled to it because i was born" attitude.

You are quite wrong about a "system that has proven detrimental to people all over the world". Where do you get your info from? Fox News?
I personally receive no entitlements as I am a working individual who has worked for over 35 years and pay into the system like other working folks. No doubt there are people who take advantage of the system just like there a greedy rich people who do it also but the majority of poor people in this country are hard working individuals who just can't make in these times. You need to walk a mile in their shoes before you label them.

cool1 wrote:this is crazy---I am disabled myself but I at least try to get off my butt and do something---and yes I see it everyday -people do live better off food stamps why because most lie--when they get them. Razz

My part time job as I call it --runs all year round except for very cold months-get up at 4 jump in dirt---for 3 or 4 hours a day---then prepare to sell-then I have people calling anytime of day -drive ups--and then having to go out late in the dirt wishing you had a light so you can see because you have a customer in the morning---I take that back -I have a full time job now that I think about it.

I like working for myself--that is my choice--I dont have to answer to no one ---and the best part of it all---the county considers my job as a yard sales---so my money does not go to Obama at all Razz

So you don't pay taxes on it? The county doesn't decide that so you have earned income you get free and clear and you're dissing people on foodstamps? That's the same as an illegal alien coming here and working and not paying taxes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum