Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we heading into a new mini ice age?

+4
Markle
TEOTWAWKI
Yella
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Fine... ignore my questions and points. Just believe it because of your anecdotal experience last week and it fits an agenda you already believe in and endorse. The earth has corrections I won't waste my time presenting.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Just believe it because of your anecdotal experience last week and it fits an agenda you already believe in and endorse.

Well there's the anecdotal experience and then there's also the consensus of virtually every scientific community on the planet. The latter is the big one, I think.

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Just believe it because of your anecdotal experience last week and it fits an agenda you already believe in and endorse.

Well there's the anecdotal experience and then there's also the consensus of virtually every scientific community on the planet. The latter is the big one, I think.

It's certainly easier than trying to digest the working science. I see flaws and assumptions and premature conclusions.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:It's certainly easier than trying to digest the working science. I see flaws and assumptions and premature conclusions.

I do the same thing when I'm at the doctor. He may tell me that I have a broken arm and need a cast, but what the hell does he know? This isn't rocket science or anything. I have WebMD so I feel my diagnosis is on equal footing with the Doc!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The hubris and efforts of man to control the planets climate are ridiculous. The forces which have been running on the earth for thousands of years just fine with one volcano spewing tons more gases into the air than mankind as ever made. Forest fires, earthquakes, methane releases, Solar winds, hurricanes...etc... and there stands man yelling stop you're scaring me......mankind is a joke. Volatility is an important process in life and trying to force stability is both expensive and ultimately futile....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The forces which have been running on the earth for thousands of years just fine with one volcano spewing tons more gases into the air than mankind as ever made.

PkrBum, is TEO correct here? Didn't you used to make this same blunder?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The forces which have been running on the earth for thousands of years just fine with one volcano spewing tons more gases into the air than mankind as ever made.

Blunder my arse....whatever happens the earth will adapt and correct...even Chernobyl has corrected and the wildlife has adapted and now thrives...This is just a big money making scheme by the liberal idiots that they can't quite get tuned up and running. Say your dog farts too much give me $5.00.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Blunder my arse....whatever happens the earth will adapt and correct...even Chernobyl has corrected and the wildlife has adapted and now thrives...This is just a big money making scheme by the liberal idiots that they can't quite get tuned up and running. Say your dog farts too much give me $5.00.

All of the worlds volcanoes combined emit roughly 200 million tons of carbon dioxide annually.

Our automotive and industrial sectors emit 24 billion tons of carbon dioxide annually.

To put this another way, one year's worth of emission from automotive and industrial activities emits the same level of CO2 as 120 years worth of all of the world's volcanoes.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum, on one side we have the consensus of virtually every scientific community in the world. You find yourself standing on the other side next to TEO - who believes this is a conspiracy conjured up by liberals.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcquaid/2013/01/09/the-link-between-global-warming-sea-levels-and-volcanoes/?view=pc

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

All of the worlds volcanoes combined emit roughly 200 million tons of carbon dioxide annually.

Well damn that should be good for my garden....where are you getting your made up data ?

Our automotive and industrial sectors emit 24 billion tons of carbon dioxide annually.

To put this another way, one year's worth of emission from automotive and industrial activities emits the same level of CO2 as 120 years worth of all of the world's volcanoes.

Well damn that should be good for my garden....where are you getting your made up data ?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

How much is a bag of ice at tom thumb?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcquaid/2013/01/09/the-link-between-global-warming-sea-levels-and-volcanoes/?view=pc

From the above article:

This is fascinating. And it illustrates an emerging law of the anthropocene: that the chain of manmade alterations to the environment extend far beyond what you think. Not just to the biosphere (as once thought), or to broad physical changes to the atmosphere, oceans, and climate (as we now know), but to the geology of the planet itself. Geological forces are, of course, massive – and for most of us largely hidden from view until something bad happens. But they are not separate from activity on the earth’s surface, or the atmosphere. Going forward, our radical reshaping of the face of the planet is going to have more unintended consequences.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well damn that should be good for my garden....where are you getting your made up data ?

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/climate.php

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/06/eruption-corruption/

http://environment.about.com/od/greenhouseeffect/a/volcano-gas.htm

http://carbon-budget.geologist-1011.net/

http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extreme-events/volcanoes-co2-people-emissions-climate-110627.htm

http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extreme-events/volcanoes-co2-people-emissions-climate-110627.htm

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2011/08/volcanic-vs-anthropogenic-co2/

http://umaine.edu/maineclimatenews/blog/2011/08/13/human-carbon-dioxide-emissions-dwarf-annual-volcanic-emissions/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11638-climate-myths-human-co2-emissions-are-too-tiny-to-matter.html

Now, TEO, from where are you getting the idea that one volcanic eruption dwarfs all man-made C02 eruption of all time?

Last edited by boards of FL on 1/23/2013, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL wrote:

Are we heading into a new mini ice age? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6oW7amtssuTU742N1AqytldrbbVLN1mxWDnnUumRSOwrqUTe8xA

Since you're so worried about global warming and don't think volcanoes affect the temperature let's do a science experiment.

We have a few extra nuclear bombs laying around let's drop a couple down a volcano or two like Mt St Helenes and observe what happens to the temperature in the Northern hemisphere when they erupt.

While we're at it we can drop one down Krakatoa and watch what happens in the Southern hemisphere also.

I'll bet you that we see a cooling trend of a few degrees hemisphere wide for each volcano that has a significant eruption.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjGHwGkFIFw

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 1/23/2013, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

"an emerging law" appears to me to be taking new information/ideas/variables into account. Is it consensus?

PkrBum wrote:"an emerging law" appears to me to be taking new information/ideas/variables into account. Is it consensus?

Are we heading into a new mini ice age? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPIMGDT9QjoTEyOqPgpdLbGKMVizoKVZ8U_6rCgIJOMRy046M5uA

Isn't that what science is all about?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOFRR1PY0XE

Smile

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:"an emerging law" appears to me to be taking new information/ideas/variables into account. Is it consensus?

Read the quote again. To what is he referring when he uses the phrase "emerging law"?

I realize some want to make this a is global warming a man made thing or not, and this simply is not that topic.

I cant speak for the others, but I do think most would agree there IS climate change. The difference is if man did it and if taxes can help us. I dont buy that and I dont think some others do either.

But for the sake of the little ice age. It really doesnt matter if you think man is doing it or not. The evidence is overwhelming that it is and will occur. This evidence is being suppresed by politics though.

We can find a common ground perhaps? I'll agree to let you think man is the cause if you look at the data? I do not agree to be taxed though, so lets be clear.
--------------------

A Chilling Possibility
By disturbing a massive ocean current, melting Arctic sea ice might trigger colder weather in Europe and North America.

Listen to this story via streaming audio, a downloadable file, or get help.

March 5, 2004: Global warming could plunge North America and Western Europe into a deep freeze, possibly within only a few decades.

That's the paradoxical scenario gaining credibility among many climate scientists. The thawing of sea ice covering the Arctic could disturb or even halt large currents in the Atlantic Ocean. Without the vast heat that these ocean currents deliver--comparable to the power generation of a million nuclear power plants--Europe's average temperature would likely drop 5 to 10°C (9 to 18°F), and parts of eastern North America would be chilled somewhat less. Such a dip in temperature would be similar to global average temperatures toward the end of the last ice age roughly 20,000 years ago.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/05mar_arctic/

Once considered incredible, the notion that climate can change rapidly is becoming respectable. In a 2003 report, Robert Gagosian cites "rapidly advancing evidence [from, e.g., tree rings and ice cores] that Earth's climate has shifted abruptly and dramatically in the past." For example, as the world warmed at the end of the last ice age about 13,000 years ago, melting ice sheets appear to have triggered a sudden halt in the Conveyor, throwing the world back into a 1,300 year period of ice-age-like conditions called the "Younger Dryas."

Will it happen again? Researchers are scrambling to find out.

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Blunder my arse....whatever happens the earth will adapt and correct...even Chernobyl has corrected and the wildlife has adapted and now thrives...

That's because there's no HUMANS there, genius.

Being in the proximity of humans is the greatest danger to wildlife.

Much more so than radioactive contamination.

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Blunder my arse....whatever happens the earth will adapt and correct...even Chernobyl has corrected and the wildlife has adapted and now thrives...

That's because there's no HUMANS there, genius.

Being in the proximity of humans is the greatest danger to wildlife.

Much more so than radioactive contamination.

Thats a ridiculous statement. Some creatures thrive BECAUSE of human contact and interaction.

Chrissy wrote:I realize some want to make this a is global warming a man made thing or not, and this simply is not that topic.

I cant speak for the others, but I do think most would agree there IS climate change. The difference is if man did it and if taxes can help us. I dont buy that and I dont think some others do either.

But for the sake of the little ice age. It really doesnt matter if you think man is doing it or not. The evidence is overwhelming that it is and will occur. This evidence is being suppresed by politics though.

We can find a common ground perhaps? I'll agree to let you think man is the cause if you look at the data? I do not agree to be taxed though, so lets be clear.
--------------------

A Chilling Possibility
By disturbing a massive ocean current, melting Arctic sea ice might trigger colder weather in Europe and North America.

Listen to this story via streaming audio, a downloadable file, or get help.

March 5, 2004: Global warming could plunge North America and Western Europe into a deep freeze, possibly within only a few decades.

That's the paradoxical scenario gaining credibility among many climate scientists. The thawing of sea ice covering the Arctic could disturb or even halt large currents in the Atlantic Ocean. Without the vast heat that these ocean currents deliver--comparable to the power generation of a million nuclear power plants--Europe's average temperature would likely drop 5 to 10°C (9 to 18°F), and parts of eastern North America would be chilled somewhat less. Such a dip in temperature would be similar to global average temperatures toward the end of the last ice age roughly 20,000 years ago.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/05mar_arctic/

Once considered incredible, the notion that climate can change rapidly is becoming respectable. In a 2003 report, Robert Gagosian cites "rapidly advancing evidence [from, e.g., tree rings and ice cores] that Earth's climate has shifted abruptly and dramatically in the past." For example, as the world warmed at the end of the last ice age about 13,000 years ago, melting ice sheets appear to have triggered a sudden halt in the Conveyor, throwing the world back into a 1,300 year period of ice-age-like conditions called the "Younger Dryas."

Will it happen again? Researchers are scrambling to find out.

Are we heading into a new mini ice age? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnxcEoAWZbVzwqFctPcT9UVKd8t3kBkVvjRfTcvN77pEz1ebFlGw

I'm not denying that climate change doesn't happen. However I am hardly convinced by faked scientific records and political media hysteria that man is a major contributing cause to climate change.

Also as I stated earlier I'd be much more worried about this if the cry was that we are headed towards global cooling. It's easy to cool things down and a lot harder to warm things back up. I cite my case about volcanic eruptions and the cooling effect that they have as an example.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpO_oVtXCa4

Smile

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Sure...

OK. Do you also agree that there is alot more of that stuff in the air today than there was 50 or more years ago?

Must have been all those SUV's, coal power plants and all those Chinese with coal burning stoves in their home that allowed the Vikings to colonise Greenland. That allowed them to replenish their ships with meat and vegetables so they could continue on to North America.

Markle

Markle

Are we heading into a new mini ice age? - Page 4 TimeIceAgeCover-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum