Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientist predicts earth is heading for another Ice Age

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

As if the outlook wasn’t bleak enough already, meteorologists believe the shivering start to 2013 has been the coldest in more than 200 years.

More worryingly, the combination of sub-zero temperatures and heavy snow experienced across much of the country recently could be the prelude to a new Ice Age that will begin next year and last for 200 years.

Russian scientist Dr Habibullo Abdussamatov, of the St Petersburg Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory, painted the Doomsday scenario saying the recent inclement weather simply proved we were heading towards a frozen planet.

Dr Abdussamatov believes Earth was on an “unavoidable advance towards a deep temperature drop”. The last big freeze, known as the Little Ice Age, was between 1650 and 1850.

Today he said: “The last global decrease of temperature (the most cold phase of the Little Ice Age) was observed in Europe, North America and Greenland.

“All channels in the Netherlands were frozen, glaciers were on the advance in Greenland and people were forced to leave their settlements, inhabited for several centuries

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science-technology/387971/Scientist-predicts-earth-is-heading-for-another-Ice-Age

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm deep thoughts

Scientist predicts earth is heading for another Ice Age 9k=

Invest in parkas and huskies it is then.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G_Xlag_A88

Smile 

There's no doubt that a glacial maximum would be much more devastating to mankind than a water world (no ice).

If I had to guess tho... I'd say that although there could be a cooling trend... likely there won't be another true ice age for atleast another ten thousand years... a blink of the eye in earth events. What I am sure of... is that it will happen again.

Markle

Markle

Uh oh...2seaoat is NOT going to like this!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum