Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

100,000 Deaths / 100 Billion Dollars

+6
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
bghlaw0371
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Dreamsglore wrote:It's a really stupid thread trying to compare guns to alcohol.

Why?

Alcohol, drunk drivers and cars in general kill more people in the US every year than guns?

bghlaw0371 wrote:There is no comparison. The facts are very clear.

This thread is about alcohol and the cost in lives and dollars to this country.

MADD needs to spend more on advertising this time of year. Hundreds of lives will be destroyed or lost over the next few weeks due to the inability of some to control their alcohol consumption.

It is not funny. It is not a joke.

If this thread offends, so be it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I spread that message every freaking day, so why would it offend me...?

I have more than a few 24 hours of sobriety, my recovery program is well grounded, and I certainly am not offended by information about alcohol and alcoholism. I read it every day.

But I AM offended by assholes like you who try to use it as a weapon....a cudgel to slander someone in recovery, when you do not know what the f you're talking about.

You didn't like me flooding the forum about gun worshippers, so you respond by spamming info about alcoholism...?

Call your sponsor.

And we have laws on drunk driving but not guns.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bghlaw0371 wrote:"Most alcoholics deny that they have drinking problems."
"Alcohol abuse (the dangerous use of alcohol without dependence) and alcoholism (a dependence on alcohol) are major social, economic, and public health problems in the United States. Each year, about 100,000 deaths nationwide are wholly or partially attributed to drinking. Alcoholism is the third leading cause of death nationwide; it would be number one if traffic accidents and death certificate diagnoses related to alcohol were included in the statistics. Alcoholism reduces the life expectancy of alcoholics by 10 to 12 years. According to NIAAA, each year, alcohol-related problems cost society approximately $100 billion."
"Severely depressed or anxious people are at high risk for alcoholism. People who are impulsive, excitable, and seek novelty; and those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder; are also at higher risk for alcoholism."

"Alcohol has many negative effects on the brain. People who are abuse or are dependent on alcohol often black out, have trouble sleeping, and can get a neurological disorder called Wernicke-Korsakoff's syndrome."

Alcohol Use and Abuse from World of Health. ©2005-2006 Thomson Gale, a part of the Thomson Corporation. All rights reserved.

Even if all that is true, how is the Al Capone scenario any better? You still have people drinking and dying but you also have the additional murders and corruption that goes with prohibition.

bghlaw0371

If facts from CDC in regard to alcohol related fatalities offend you, it is your problem.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bghlaw0371 wrote:If facts from CDC in regard to alcohol related fatalities offend you, it is your problem.

It doesn't offend me. But are you suggesting that we should outlaw alcohol as a solution?

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:It's a really stupid thread trying to compare guns to alcohol.

Why?

Alcohol, drunk drivers and cars in general kill more people in the US every year than guns?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

STFU.

Idiots who over-reach and post insipid analogies they pull from that dark orifice where they store their diminished intellect neither gain respect nor deserve it.

Get back to us when cars are the weapon of choice for murder. Most gun violence begins as a short trip in a vehicle.

bghlaw0371

Bob wrote:
"Alcohol abuse (the dangerous use of alcohol without dependence) and alcoholism (a dependence on alcohol) are major social, economic, and public health problems in the United States. Each year, about 100,000 deaths nationwide are wholly or partially attributed to drinking. Alcoholism is the third leading cause of death nationwide; it would be number one if traffic accidents and death certificate diagnoses related to alcohol were included in the statistics. Alcoholism reduces the life expectancy of alcoholics by 10 to 12 years. According to NIAAA, each year, alcohol-related problems cost society approximately $100 billion."
"Severely depressed or anxious people are at high risk for alcoholism. People who are impulsive, excitable, and seek novelty; and those with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder; are also at higher risk for alcoholism."

"Alcohol has many negative effects on the brain. People who are abuse or are dependent on alcohol often black out, have trouble sleeping, and can get a neurological disorder called Wernicke-Korsakoff's syndrome."

Alcohol Use and Abuse from World of Health. ©2005-2006 Thomson Gale, a part of the Thomson Corporation. All rights reserved.

Even if all that is true, how is the Al Capone scenario any better? You still have people drinking and dying but you also have the additional murders and corruption that goes with prohibition.

Prohibition is not a solution. That was not mentioned in this thread. Adults controlling themselves is the only solution.

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Bob wrote:

Prohibition is not a solution. That was not mentioned in this tread. Adults controlling themselves is the only solution.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So your effort was couched in advancing a Public Service Announcement...?

That's total BS.

bghlaw0371

If an adult has the ability to maintain control of themselves, there are some benefits from moderate alcohol consumption. The problem begins when an adult is unable to control themselves. Some have issues with alcohol, and that forwards their inability to control their actions into other areas of their lives.

bghlaw0371 wrote:If an adult has the ability to maintain control of themselves, there are some benefits from moderate alcohol consumption. The problem begins when an adult is unable to control themselves. Some have issues with alcohol, and that forwards their inability to control their actions into other areas of their lives.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Blather on stalker.

Your motive is transparent, otherwise one post could have covered what you wanted to say.

Troll on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Adults controlling themselves is the only solution.
Yes and that's why there may be no solution. Not in this culture anyway and that applies to both alcohol and guns.

bghlaw0371

Bob wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:
Yes and that's why there may be no solution. Not in this culture anyway and that applies to both alcohol and guns.

Education on both is the only hope. Alcohol is killing slowly and quickly. Those who can't control their drinking are killing themselves and costing billions of dollars, while the death and destruction inflicted by them on our society is occuring on a daily basis.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bghlaw0371 wrote:If an adult has the ability to maintain control of themselves, there are some benefits from moderate alcohol consumption. The problem begins when an adult is unable to control themselves. Some have issues with alcohol, and that forwards their inability to control their actions into other areas of their lives.

What a bunch of garbage. What is the purpose of your thread, anyway? It's obvious you are totally unfamiliar with the disease of alcoholism.

But blather on, if you must.

Dreamsglore wrote:And we have laws on drunk driving but not guns.
We do have gun laws too..

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Bob wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Education on both is the only hope. Alcohol is killing slowly and quickly. Those who can't control their drinking are killing themselves and costing billions of dollars, while the death and destruction inflicted by them on our society is occuring on a daily basis.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That explains your post @ (approx) 12:54, 12:56, 12:58, 12:59. Educating folk is hard work, huh stalker...?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Bob wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Your thread is offensive. I think everyone knows why you started it (to troll a certain poster), but perhaps you need to remember there are several recovering alcoholics on this forum.

bghlaw0371

PBulldog2 wrote:

What a bunch of garbage. What is the purpose of your thread, anyway?

With the numbers of deaths and injury caused by alcohol, you have to ask why a thread prompting caution in it's consumption during this time of year may be of substance?

If you or a loved one is injured by a drunk, I wonder if you will ask that same question, or if you would get on your high horse and rant like you would about some of the insignificant topics posted here.

PBulldog2 wrote:

What a bunch of garbage. What is the purpose of your thread, anyway? It's obvious you are totally unfamiliar with the disease of alcoholism.

But blather on, if you must.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Care to guess who is wearing the sock...?

Their purpose is easily defined when you recognize they were pissed off about my gun threads, and it's always about guns, ain't it...?

bghlaw0371

PBulldog2 wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:
Bob wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:

Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Your thread is offensive. I think everyone knows why you started it (to troll a certain poster), but perhaps you need to remember there are several recovering alcoholics on this forum.

I don't care if half the members on this forum are alcoholics. The facts will not change just because you get your feelings hurt.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

With the numbers of deaths and injury caused by alcohol, you have to ask why a thread prompting caution in it's consumption during this time of year may be of substance?

If you or a loved one is injured by a drunk, I wonder if you will ask that same question, or if you would get on your high horse and rant like you would about some of the insignificant topics posted here.

Get real. You're not posting this to "prompt caution." You started this thread to offend.

Sock puppet. Twisted Evil

Don't forget - I'm a miner for truth and delusion. That's who I am, that's what I do. sunny

"I don't care if half the members on this forum are alcoholics. The facts will not change just because you get your feelings hurt."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Since you do not care, why try to "educate" the forum with your spam...?

The facts won't change if you spam this forum from now until your stalking fingers bleed.

bghlaw0371

PBulldog2 wrote:

Get real. You're not posting this to "prompt caution." You started this thread to offend.

Don't forget - I'm a miner for truth and delusion. That's who I am, that's what I do. sunny

To make every thread on a forum that offends you, about you, is very telling.

Drunk people have themselves to blame for their actions and the costs associated with those actions. Makes no difference if they are ashamed or not.

bghlaw0371 wrote:There is no comparison. The facts are very clear.

This thread is about alcohol and the cost in lives and dollars to this country.

It is not funny. It is not a joke.

If this thread offends, so be it.

You're absolutely right, it isn't funny.
And as many deaths as there are, there are probably more debilitating injuries due to alcohol as well. The costs for my husband alone are astronomical, over the last 20+ years, since his accident. The 3 kids in the other car, all over twice the legal limit, and minors, were killed.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bghlaw0371 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

To make every thread on a forum that offends you, about you, is very telling.

Drunk people have themselves to blame for their actions and the costs associated with those actions. Makes no difference if they are ashamed or not.

This thread isn't about me, dummy. I never said it offended me - I'm real comfortable in who I am today. No shame in my game, sweetheart. I said that the intention of your thread was to offend, and it's obvious I'm right.

Shine on......! You are really wearing out your welcome with random precision. jocolor

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum