Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

100,000 Deaths / 100 Billion Dollars

+6
Joanimaroni
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
PBulldog2
Hospital Bob
bghlaw0371
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bghlaw0371 wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

With the numbers of deaths and injury caused by alcohol, you have to ask why a thread prompting caution in it's consumption during this time of year may be of substance?

If you or a loved one is injured by a drunk, I wonder if you will ask that same question, or if you would get on your high horse and rant like you would about some of the insignificant topics posted here.

Get real. You're not posting this to "prompt caution." You started this thread to offend.

Sock puppet. Twisted Evil

Don't forget - I'm a miner for truth and delusion. That's who I am, that's what I do. sunny

To make every thread on a forum that offends you, about you, is very telling.

Drunk people have themselves to blame for their actions and the costs associated with those actions. Makes no difference if they are ashamed or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Carry on, but do so w/out further input from me.

Your obsession is a sign of deep seated resentment and your ability to move on with your pathos saturated life.

Oh my, the drama.

bghlaw0371

jose balu wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:There is no comparison. The facts are very clear.

This thread is about alcohol and the cost in lives and dollars to this country.

It is not funny. It is not a joke.

If this thread offends, so be it.

You're absolutely right, it isn't funny.
And as many deaths as there are, there are probably more debilitating injuries due to alcohol as well. The costs for my husband alone are astronomical, over the last 20+ years, since his accident. The 3 kids in the other car, all over twice the legal limit, and minors, were killed.

Exactly. Those wanting the topic to go away can just get over it.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bghlaw0371 wrote:
jose balu wrote:

And as many deaths as there are, there are probably more debilitating injuries due to alcohol as well. The costs for my husband alone are astronomical, over the last 20+ years, since his accident. The 3 kids in the other car, all over twice the legal limit, and minors, were killed.

It would have been different had you made one post about the dangers of alcohol, particularly during this time of year. I would gladly have contributed to a post of that nature, because I see the dangers of alcohol manifested in others' lives several times a week.

But you didn't do that, did you? Instead, you made multiple posts that amounted to spam. Then, you started blathering about people who have "had problems with alcohol" being unable to control themselves in other aspects of their life. That's garbage, as I wrote before.

I sussed you out, and you took the bait big time. You were trolling for trouble, and you know it.

bghlaw0371

PBulldog2 wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:
jose balu wrote:

It would have been different had you made one post about the dangers of alcohol, particularly during this time of year. I would gladly have contributed to a post of that nature, because I see the dangers of alcohol manifested in others' lives several times a week.

But you didn't do that, did you? Instead, you made multiple posts that amounted to spam. Then, you started blathering about people who have "had problems with alcohol" being unable to control themselves in other aspects of their life. That's garbage, as I wrote before.

I sussed you out, and you took the bait big time. You were trolling for trouble, and you know it.

Simple solution. Don't read my posts or any thread I start. I don't care if you are offended by the topic of drunks, alcoholism and the damage they inflict on society. Get over yourself.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Simple solution. Don't read my posts or any thread I start. I don't care if you are offended by the topic of drunks, alcoholism and the damage they inflict on society. Get over yourself.

I don't care that you don't care. I'm sure you know I'm not offended by useful, incisive threads about alcoholism and drug abuse, because it's obvious you are very, very familiar with this forum.

Face it - you're a sock who is afraid to post under your regular username. I find that very telling. Exclamation

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 12/23/2012, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

bghlaw0371

If a thread were started about obese people, the obese members of the forum would get upset and cry and fuss about how offended there were.

Funny how you are only offended by this one thread. While apparently you have serious issues with alcohol. Not anyone's problem but yours, unless you choose to drive, or if we end up paying for your health care due to your uncontrolled drinking.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

bghlaw0371 wrote:If a thread were started about obese people, the obese members of the forum would get upset and cry and fuss about how offended there were.

Funny how you are only offended by this one thread. While apparently you have serious issues with alcohol. Not anyone's problem but yours, unless you choose to drive, or if we end up paying for your health care due to your uncontrolled drinking.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Oh, my God. Thanks for the belly laugh!

25 years and still counting.......!

bghlaw0371

PBulldog2 wrote:
bghlaw0371 wrote:If a thread were started about obese people, the obese members of the forum would get upset and cry and fuss about how offended there were.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Oh, my God. Thanks for the belly laugh!

I don't know why you find that funny. Very strange. I wouldn't have known you were an alcoholic if you'd not mentioned it.

You are very childish in regard to your humor, and just sad in regard to your willingness to overlook the issue with booze.

100,000 Deaths / 100 Billion Dollars - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9o2ZkQmuVSIkv_mhxUPGehMhHOjLQ5hPO0EQnOApFsd5eJcNyvg

bghlaw0371 raises a valid point. Alcohol and the comsumption of is a major problem in the United States. Alcohol should be given just as much consideration for the problems caused by it's comsumption as firearms.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I don't know why you find that funny. Very strange. I wouldn't have known you were an alcoholic if you'd not mentioned it.

You are very childish in regard to your humor, and just sad in regard to your willingness to overlook the issue with booze.[/quote]

Oh, BS. You already knew. I've alluded to it multiple times on this forum and others. That's why I know that you started this thread to offend rather than "educate." It's also why I know that you don't know what you're talking about.

It tickles the heck out of me that you think the solution to alcoholism is "education." I laughed when I read that, too. That statement alone tells me you know nothing whatsoever about alcoholism.

Sometimes responding to trolls can be very entertaining. Laughing

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Damaged Eagle wrote:

bghlaw0371 raises a valid point. Alcohol and the comsumption of is a major problem in the United States. Alcohol should be given just as much consideration for the problems caused by it's comsumption as firearms.

I agree with you completely. No doubt there. I just wish that had been the topic of conversation.

And what a beautiful song that is - I wasn't familiar with Queensrhyce before you posted it on another thread.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 12/23/2012, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.2,4

Here's the killer, why pick on drinkers when the real killer is tobacco

bghlaw0371

johndough wrote:http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.2,4

Here's the killer, why pick on drinkers when the real killer is tobacco

I can smoke a carton of cigarettes and it won't harm another person, unless I subject others to the second hand smoke, and that is still being debated.

Drunks are killing others in great numbers, in addition to doing themselves harm. Cigarettes are rarely the cause of domestic trouble police calls. Drunks tend to cause problems at home as well as on the road.

According to some here, education won't do a thing to help children stay away from alcohol and alcoholics.

bghlaw0371

Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence:

Violent men are more likely to abuse alcohol than nonviolent men. Estimates of alcohol and drug abuse by violent men ranges form 52 to 85%-- rates three times those of nonviolent men. The victim, as well as the abuser, may be drinking at the time of an incident. One effect of battering is higher rates of drinking among victims seeking to cope with depression, fear, and stress. Studies of domestic violence criminal cases find incidents involving drugs and alcohol are more, not less, likely to be prosecuted than cases that do not involve alcohol or drug use.

Drinking is linked to violence in complex ways:

Chronic alcohol abuse creates stress in the family.

Heavy drinking can disinhibit control of behavior.

Research on the links between alcohol abuse and violence finds that:
•Drinking proceeds acts of family violence in 25 to 50% of all cases of domestic violence.

•Substance abusers are violent more frequently and inflict more serious injuries. They are more likely to attack partners sexually, and are more likely to be violent outside the home than non-substance abusers.

•Alcohol and drug abuse increase the likelihood of domestic violence; not only during periods of intoxication, but also during periods of sobriety.

•Chronic use of alcohol is a better predicator of battering than acute intoxication.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I don't smoke ,drink, chew, have unprotected sex , do drugs , over eat .....quick someone take my pulse.....

bghlaw0371

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I don't smoke ,drink, chew, have unprotected sex , do drugs , over eat .....quick someone take my pulse.....

Your chances of having a longer, healthier life are much higher that way, not to mention being in control of your actions.

Just watch out for drunks. They don't really care.

bghlaw0371

Alcohol, Violence, and Aggression--A Commentary by
NIAAA Director Enoch Gordis, M.D.

Both alcohol use and violence are common in our society, and there are many associations between the two.

Understanding the nature of these associations, including the environmental and biological antecedents of each and the ways in which they may be related, is essential to developing effective strategies to prevent alcohol-related violence as well as other social problems, such as domestic violence, sexual assault, and childhood abuse and neglect.

Because no area of science stands apart from another, understanding more about alcohol-related violence also will shed light on violence in general and produce information that may be useful to reducing it.

Science has made progress on elucidating the environmental and biological antecedents of alcohol abuse and alcoholism; less progress has been made toward understanding the causes of violence. Understanding the biology of violence will help us to clearly define the role of the environment in increasing the risk for violence and increase our understanding of who is at risk for violent behavior. This understanding also will help us to develop effective interventions--both social and medical where intended--to help those whose violence has caused trouble for themselves and others.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PBulldog2 wrote:

With the numbers of deaths and injury caused by alcohol, you have to ask why a thread prompting caution in it's consumption during this time of year may be of substance?

If you or a loved one is injured by a drunk, I wonder if you will ask that same question, or if you would get on your high horse and rant like you would about some of the insignificant topics posted here.

Get real. You're not posting this to "prompt caution." You started this thread to offend.

Sock puppet.
Twisted Evil

Don't forget - I'm a miner for truth and delusion. That's who I am, that's what I do. sunny

I think Boards should examine bghlaw0371's IP address, and just out the forum poster who is making the garbage thread.

Boards should outlaw socks and threaten to ban IP addresses that have them. Give posters 3 days to delete any socks they have and then lower the boom. Socks are 90% used for nefarious purposes.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Sock puppet.
Twisted Evil

I think Boards should examine bghlaw0371's IP address, and just out the forum poster who is making the garbage thread.

Boards should outlaw socks and threaten to ban IP addresses that have them. Give posters 3 days to delete any socks they have and then lower the boom. Socks are 90% used for nefarious purposes.

What should be done about the other threads that were spammed?

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:And we have laws on drunk driving but not guns.

And you used to be a cop? Dreams you know better than this.

PBulldog2 wrote:

Sock puppet. Twisted Evil

Oy Vey!

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:

Sock puppet.
Twisted Evil

I think it's that reaper dude.

He pulled the same weird act just before Halloween.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]
PBulldog2 wrote:

Sock puppet.
Twisted Evil

I agree, Z.

Gunz wrote:

Any mentally ill person can buy a gun-they don't check.

no stress

no stress

Dreamsglore wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Any mentally ill person can buy a gun-they don't check.

And that equates to not having any laws on guns? But I see where you are going and I agree the HIPPA laws need to be changed to allow disclosure of mental status when buying guns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum