Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another road rage shooting

+4
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 1:05 pm

Sal wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Probably when you stop making idiotic posts that you know nothing about, such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy..

How long does it take to buy a guy?

I've never tried it.

Years ago it didn't take long to rent a girl, but it sure was expensive.

There is a 3 day waiting period(cooling off) to purchase a handgun in Florida. If you have a Concealed Carry License you do not have to wait the 3 days you can go in an purchase same day, just like a car.

52Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 1:13 pm

no stress

no stress

hallmarkgrad wrote:I also purpose a patent pending "Angerometer" that will stop all road rage. When activated your vehicle will stop and Dr Phil will be beamed in over your mandatory stereo system. This will prevent any one from running over the Son Of a Bitch that just wrecked your car. No guns needed. The future is MINE!!!!!!!

Good idea hallmark. We could wear a moodring that transmits to the cars brain. When we get pissed it would shut the car down and a Karen Carpenter song would automatically start playing on the radio. lol

53Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 1:18 pm

no stress

no stress

nochain wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:If I didn't already have a gun, and guns are made illegal, I would buy one illegally. Same as I would a bottle of alcohol.
And I represent so many in the population that there is never going to be enough political will to attempt to make either illegal anyway. Game over.
Simple as that.

I don't endorse making all guns illegal. I would like to see some form of strict liability applied to assault rifles.

An assault rifle is generally defined as a weapon with a selectable rate of fire such as fully automatic or burst (usually 3 shot if my memory is correct on the M-16 I used to lug around). The stolen weapon used in this latest massacre by the coward Lanza can better be classified as a "sport rifle" since he had to pull the trigger each time to make a shot. I really don't see the difference between that weapon and a semi-automatic

shotgun for example except for magazine capacity. Since federal regulations are already strict on automatic weapons perhaps the only solution is to go back to limits on how many rounds a magazine can hold. That said, I really don't see the purpose behind owning an AR or Bushmaster......

Thats incorrect. The BATF's classification has nothing to do with full auto or semi auto. it has to do with attachments on the rifle.

54Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 1:26 pm

2seaoat

There is a 3 day waiting period(cooling off) to purchase a handgun in Florida. If you have a Concealed Carry License you do not have to wait the 3 days you can go in an purchase same day, just like a car.

I am unaware of anybody saying this process is bad. A responsible gun owner is not going to be angry about chipped biometric triggered weapons being registered and their foid card being a smart card. It is like arguing that you should not have to take a license test for a car, and that you should not have a DL, car registration, or license plates.

We recognize that vehicles are inherently dangerous if operated incorrectly. We require a license and training to drive a car. We require registration and that the car is properly tagged. We require that the vehicle is insured so that if the driver of the vehicle harms another......those injuries have resources which can pay the victim.

Board's strict liability standard for designated guns makes more sense to me than a partial ban and waivers for over 900 weapons. I would prefer an outright ban in 5 years where weapons are destroyed or turned in.....or each weapon would need to have a quarter million dollar liability policy if a person was going to legally own an assault weapon. I shoot shotgun with a group of friends who always bring out their assault weapons and fire the same......they are a great deal of fun, and when safely operated, stored and controlled are not necessarily bad. However, radioactive material which allows my xrays and cat scans are also beneficial, but we do not allow this material to freely move in society. It is tightly inventoried and accounted for......and do we have somebody complaining about the paperwork in regard to the same?

It is this simple. Register each gun owner and their legal guns. Each gun must be chipped and have biometric trigger locks. Congress can pass restrictions on ownership of whatever guns they believe are inherently dangerous, and those guns should be illegal unless a special permit issues which involves training, compliance with storage, chipping and biometric trigger locks, and liability insurance in an amount determined by congress which is rationally based on the risk to the public. Finally, begin specifications for control modules on vehicles which address impaired drivers and the transport of illegal weapons. The courts will not support unreasonable prohibition on guns, they will allow reasonable safety rules and regulations. I have a friend with a military assault gun which he keeps in a wall safe, and would be a prime candidate to retain ownership of the same, and who would take training, properly chip and biometric trigger, and purchase the liability insurance. For the others.....well that is exactly why we need to give more scrutiny to how our present gun safety laws are being enforced.

55Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 2:50 pm

NoBody ever laughed at Dick Tracy or Sam Ketcham.

56Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 3:03 pm

[quote="Gunz"]
nochain wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:If I

An assault rifle is generally defined as a weapon with a selectable rate of fire such as fully automatic or burst (usually 3 shot if my memory is correct on the M-16 I used to lug around). ..

Thats incorrect. The BATF's classification has nothing to do with full auto or semi auto. it has to do with attachments on the rifle.

It is? Looks like you are describing the semi-automatic "assault" rifle to me. There is a difference you know. However this does raise a point about classification and the difficulty the Feds and states have in defining or classifying weapons. Just another tar baby.

57Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 3:05 pm

Cocaine is highly Illegal
Meth is highly illegal
Fully automatic weapons are highly Legal.
Auto theft is highly illegal
And the list goes on..........

The laws you suggest apply only to honest people, like our selves. We have something to lose. One reason I dont buy stolen cars is because I dont want to go to jail
There are many people, even in this small city that would wipe their ass with the laws you suggest. Some people have nothing to lose. Broke, F ed up, sick ,AIDs, Drug addiction just to name a few. These people do not give a damn. Write all the laws you want, fill the jails, but the core problem of America will still exist,
One of the reasons that is griping the Nation is that is a white kid killing other white people.
Maybe not to this extent but this has been happen to a lesser degree for many many years in our country
But now as the shit grows and effects white people in Connecticut(of all places) the nation trembles in fear.

Another road rage shooting - Page 3 WEAPONS+delrio

Now we are in a rage but stuff like this dosent even rate the back page of a newspaper or web site. Old News

58Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 4:13 pm

[quote="nochain"]
Gunz wrote:
nochain wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:If I

An assault rifle is generally defined as a weapon with a selectable rate of fire such as fully automatic or burst (usually 3 shot if my memory is correct on the M-16 I used to lug around). ..

It is? Looks like you are describing the semi-automatic "assault" rifle to me. There is a difference you know. However this does raise a point about classification and the difficulty the Feds and states have in defining or classifying weapons. Just another tar baby.

Nochain, look at the definition in H.R. 4296 that I posted earlier. It was the Feds definition of semi-automatic rifle as an assault weapon. You stated that the definition of an assault weapon is that it has a selectable switch for full auto or semi auto. Gunz and myself are saying that is just one of the classifications for assault weapons. HR2946 goes on to define a pistol and a shotgun that are classified as assault weapons.

So if I own an AR-15 with a detachable magazine, a folding stock, a pistol grip and a flash suppressor, then under the expired assault weapons ban, I would be in possession of an illegal assault rifle.

59Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 4:35 pm

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:When guns are outlawed then only outlaws..like this guy will have guns....

Where do outlaws get their guns?

Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWFa7lO1Cc1x5Blyel_nRCpzTBX7STIXslkf36x6_a4XVYllvT

Any factory, small business, farm, or home, machine shop across the nation..... Oh! The firearms from those shops won't have chips or even serial numbers.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Smile

60Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 5:07 pm

Bob wrote:Al Capone manufactured and sold as much alcohol as Jack Daniels. lol

Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmkenuyPFUtXc0O8DRXDohTv5KXIyBKEqjLP6xjMlxbEYpERZh

In Templeton, Iowa.

My father bought the farm we lived on and 30 years prior to that it was where the main still was located in the area for the product.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjwUsIsYjto

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 12/20/2012, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

61Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 5:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

W_T_M wrote:What's it gonna take Sue...?

You tell me what I have to do to stop your petty BS, following me around and attacking every freaking thing I post...?

I don't know Bill. Just realize one thing, I will respond to any post that I want to respond to. If you think that was an attack then you are absolutely nuts.

62Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 6:24 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

You tell me what I have to do to stop your petty BS, following me around and attacking every freaking thing I post...?

Probably when you stop making idiotic posts that you know nothing about, such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy.. I bought a new car in Jan 2010 and drove it off the lot in a matter of 2 hours, I purchased a gun online and had it sent to an FFL and had a background after it came in and then still had to wait the mandatory wait time. This of course was before I got my CCL.

But go ahead and spin that post and tell us that is not what you meant and that you were just using that as an example.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Right. So that's why Wal-Mart sells guns. Because it takes a lot of time etc, to process the sale. I'm amazed they don't sell cars, what with that fast transaction being so damned easy.

Good luck with the guy you bought. And yes troll, it was an offhand remark, but at least I spelled it correctly and didn't garble my message.

The only two trolls who reacted to my post were yourself and the other bitch.

Why is that....?

63Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 8:12 pm

W_T_M wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Probably when you stop making idiotic posts that you know nothing about, such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy.. I bought a new car in Jan 2010 and drove it off the lot in a matter of 2 hours, I purchased a gun online and had it sent to an FFL and had a background after it came in and then still had to wait the mandatory wait time. This of course was before I got my CCL.

But go ahead and spin that post and tell us that is not what you meant and that you were just using that as an example.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Right. So that's why Wal-Mart sells guns. Because it takes a lot of time etc, to process the sale. I'm amazed they don't sell cars, what with that fast transaction being so damned easy.

Good luck with the guy you bought. And yes troll, it was an offhand remark, but at least I spelled it correctly and didn't garble my message.

The only two trolls who reacted to my post were yourself and the other bitch.

Why is that....?

What the hell are you talking about? I was not aware that I bought a guy.

64Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 8:16 pm

@Ghost You made a typo...............such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy...........Gee-zus Had to edit it someone might take offence

65Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 8:34 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:@Ghost You made a typo...............such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy...........Gee-zus Had to edit it someone might take offence

Thanks for the clarification there HMG. I don't know how I could have made such a terrible mistake.

66Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 8:56 pm

no stress

no stress

Just to clarify. WalMart, as an FFL has to follow law like everyone else. If you buy a weapon at WalMart they put it in their safe for 3 days like everyone else does. pass your background check and come back and get it.

67Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 8:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:@Ghost You made a typo...............such as taking longer to buy a car than a guy...........Gee-zus Had to edit it someone might take offence

Thanks for the clarification there HMG. I don't know how I could have made such a terrible mistake.

Dammit....start looking at the keys and typing with two fingers.

68Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:21 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Dammit....start looking at the keys and typing with two fingers.

The 2 fingers is not a problem because that is what I do anyway............... Razz

69Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:43 pm

Hope this might help.

70Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

hallmarkgrad wrote:Hope this might help.

That damn "y" is not even close to the "n".

71Another road rage shooting - Page 3 Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 11:48 pm

Gunz wrote:Just to clarify. WalMart, as an FFL has to follow law like everyone else. If you buy a weapon at WalMart they put it in their safe for 3 days like everyone else does. pass your background check and come back and get it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thanx for the info.

This episode proves that I will have to be very accurate in the future and eliminate any off-hand comments. The post I made was completely derailed by the minutia. Nobody even addressed what I was saying, but they sure jumped on the quibble express..

Mea Culpa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum