Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another road rage shooting

+4
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Another road rage shooting Empty Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:19 am

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121220/NEWS01/312200019/Road-rage-shooting-suspect-jailed?nclick_check=1

No problemo........just another example of somebody who was not to have a weapon......driving when with a weapon when technology could have gone a long way in preventing this all too common crime.

2Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:25 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When guns are outlawed then only outlaws..like this guy will have guns....

3Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:36 am

I dont guess you could just carry you chipped weapon in a RFI shielded case?
RFI/EMI Shielded Enclosures (RFT)

• Compac's RFT Series Enclosures have shielding
capabilities to 60 dB at 3 GHz
• Independent access from either side
• Greater Interior Acreage
CONSTRUCTION SPECS
Case--AL 6063T52 Covers--AL 5052-H32 finish chemical film per MIL C 5541 Class 3 Conformance to MIL 45208A

* Case--AL 6061T4

4Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:43 am

2seaoat wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20121220/NEWS01/312200019/Road-rage-shooting-suspect-jailed?nclick_check=1

No problemo........just another example of somebody who was not to have a weapon......driving when with a weapon when technology could have gone a long way in preventing this all too common crime.

How could this have been prevented had the guy with the rage had a chipped weapon that was legally inside his car that has all the security devices you propose installed? I know this is hypothetical in his case because of his prior DV, but suppose he was clean and in possession of the weapon.

If I happen to piss someone off while driving, I'll be damned if I sit by and allow him to shot at me without returning fire.

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 12/20/2012, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

5Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:45 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Should maggots like this be executed? Yes
Is it a travesty that maggots like this can own guns? Yes
Is all this gun violence and carnage making me hate guns? Yes
Can we do anything about it? No.

Guns are here to stay, seaoat. And as long as the 2nd Amendment is interpreted to guarantee that we can manufacture, purchase and possess guns, they will continue to stay. And there is NO WILL on the part of the Supreme Court to interpret the 2nd Amendment any other way.
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT WE CAN OR WILL EVER ENACT ANY LAW WHICH MAKES IT SO THAT WE CANNOT OWN GUNS.
The laws which are being proposed right now DO NOT make it so that we cannot own guns. Once those laws are in effect this guy and others like him will still have guns and will still be able to do road rage just like this.

6Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:48 am

2seaoat

A person could shield a chip or remove a chip from a transported firearm, but they would be facing a mandatory prison sentence. This would be an intentional act, and tough sentencing laws would deter most planned crimes, but most certainly would make a huge difference in spontaneous crime. It is going to take some time to bypass a chipped or biometric trigger locked gun.....currently there are few mandatory jail sentences for first time offenders with no criminal record who do not have a foid card......this would be mandatory sentences on first time offenders, and intentional bypassing of chips or biometric triggers would be increased mandatory time.

Folks who have blown up at a spouse....this guy had a domestic violence order out on him, are usually caught up in the heat of the moment, and by his behavior he confirms the same. In a rational and calm state he is going to have to remove the chip.....however, in this situation this could have been a legal gun, a legal foid, which would have allowed him to drive the car.....but once a domestic order goes into the system....his car would not start if his licensed weapon was in the vehicle. This is not rocket science.....we have the technical capability to stop most of these crimes proactively, and do not need a police state, or folks shooting at us on the roads because they do not like our driving.

7Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:53 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thank you for your vision of a technological prison ....seaoat you astound me. You want slavery and tracking of the slaves. Lincoln would be proud.

8Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:54 am

2seaoat

How could this have been prevented had the guy with the rage had a chipped weapon that was legally inside his car that has all the security devices you propose installed?

Currently domestic violence orders are sent to LEO. Once LEO gets them they are entered into their database, which would be shared by a federal foid card database. The legal owner of the chipped weapons as you suggest could drive their car, but as soon as the foid card database is updated, the control module is not going to allow that car to start with that driver, that control module, or the Foid card. We have the ability to this right now with little or no extra expense to anyone. Expanding and sharing existing databases with the federal Foid database would be instantaneous and would require no extra cost....nada.

9Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 9:56 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:A person could shield a chip or remove a chip from a transported firearm, but they would be facing a mandatory prison sentence. This would be an intentional act, and tough sentencing laws would deter most planned crimes, but most certainly would make a huge difference in spontaneous crime. It is going to take some time to bypass a chipped or biometric trigger locked gun.....currently there are few mandatory jail sentences for first time offenders with no criminal record who do not have a foid card......this would be mandatory sentences on first time offenders, and intentional bypassing of chips or biometric triggers would be increased mandatory time.

Folks who have blown up at a spouse....this guy had a domestic violence order out on him, are usually caught up in the heat of the moment, and by his behavior he confirms the same. In a rational and calm state he is going to have to remove the chip.....however, in this situation this could have been a legal gun, a legal foid, which would have allowed him to drive the car.....but once a domestic order goes into the system....his car would not start if his licensed weapon was in the vehicle. This is not rocket science.....we have the technical capability to stop most of these crimes proactively, and do not need a police state, or folks shooting at us on the roads because they do not like our driving.
I'm with you. Just like when Elliot Ness was able to keep everybody from having a bottle of liquor, his grandson can keep us all from having guns. We just need to "make it so". If Captain Picard can do it so can we.

10Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:00 am

A person could shield a chip or remove a chip from a transported firearm, but they would be facing a mandatory prison sentence

Now Ya talking. Fill them jails up. Tiger Point Golf course needs the help.
Hint. Pattern the law after our marijuana statues, that works very well.

Inmates to maintain, cleanup Tiger Point golf course
The City of Gulf Breeze has begun cleaning up overgrown vegetation around Tiger Point Golf Club, just one day after taking possession of the property Tuesday.

The golf course maintenance staff is doing the job for now.

But on Monday, the city council OK’d a request from Vernon Prather, the city’s director of public service, to use state inmates to maintain the 350 acre course and the city’s South Santa Rosa Utilities System waste water treatment plant grounds, which is on the far western corner of the 36-hole golf course.

11Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:09 am

2seaoat

Thank you for your vision of a technological prison ....seaoat you astound me. You want slavery and tracking of the slaves. Lincoln would be proud.

Technological prison:
Catalytic converter
safety glass
turn signals
brake lights
air bags
seat belts
padded dashes
reinforced gas tanks
collision standards
emission controls

Every day you get in a vehicle in America....you can thank old Abe....because of federal standards which save lives. We can improve auto and gun safety seamlessly......but I or Abe can do absolutely nothing for those souls who find this nation so unbearable that they think the solution is to destroy the union......there is no technological or other solution to solve that problem.

12Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:09 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:When guns are outlawed then only outlaws..like this guy will have guns....

Where do outlaws get their guns?

13Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:14 am

2seaoat wrote:How could this have been prevented had the guy with the rage had a chipped weapon that was legally inside his car that has all the security devices you propose installed?

Currently domestic violence orders are sent to LEO. Once LEO gets them they are entered into their database, which would be shared by a federal foid card database. The legal owner of the chipped weapons as you suggest could drive their car, but as soon as the foid card database is updated, the control module is not going to allow that car to start with that driver, that control module, or the Foid card. We have the ability to this right now with little or no extra expense to anyone. Expanding and sharing existing databases with the federal Foid database would be instantaneous and would require no extra cost....nada.

I think you missed my point. I was speaking hypothetically as if this guy did not have any DVOs or any other felonies that would have prevented him from owning a gun. How would your proposal have prevented a situation such as that?

14Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:17 am

2seaoat

Just like when Elliot Ness was able to keep everybody from having a bottle of liquor, his grandson can keep us all from having guns.

A control module in a vehicle which proactively stops impaired drivers and illegal transportation of guns is the furthest thing from prohibition. Prohibition was an absolute ban, where driving a car with a control module only requires that the driver be sober, and that any gun being transported is licensed, and that the driver or passenger in the card has a vaild foid without restrictions.

Nobody takes your gun, or tells you that you cannot possess a gun.....unless as in this case the court has ordered the same......and nobody is telling you that you cannot drink.....you simply cannot drive after your BAC has exceeded the legal limit. Elliot Ness would have a grandson who would focus on folks who intentionally tried to bypass the control module....the other 99% of folks would be staying out of jail......and just the opposite of the conclusions or logic of attacking this concept.....our inmate population would be greatly reduced because of lowering of gun violence and impaired driving.......and lives would be saved.

15Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:19 am

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:When guns are outlawed then only outlaws..like this guy will have guns....

Boards, if I wanted to I could go down into the hood and purchase an illegal weapon for a little bit of money. If you think that legal owners giving up their weapons will keep weapons off the street, then I hate to say it but you are very delusional. Prohibition certainly did not stop liquor sales. There always has been and always will be various illegal items for sale on the black market.

16Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:24 am

2seaoat

that would have prevented him from owning a gun.

Auto control modules do nothing concerning gun ownership. Anybody can own a gun under that system who can own a gun today. The limits of the system are that the transportation of a gun will now require legal compliance or the car will not start. If you look at the Seaoat's Solution you will see that the other requirement was a proper container which the gun was traveling in the vehicle. In this case, the fellow would have to go to his trunk or hatch area and remove the gun from the container, or he would have had to have a conceal and carry, or open carry approved holster to allow him to shoot this quickly. The idea of a locked transportation container, or higher scrutiny with a properly licensed and trained conceal and carry is to hope that the training or the delay in getting the weapon will lower the spontaneous road rage.

17Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:24 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

Same kind of sources "speakeasies" got their liquor from, bds.

18Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:31 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

They even amended the fricking Constitution in attempt to stop liquor. And even that couldn't stop it because after they saw the aftermath of that they had to amend the fricking Constitution back again.
Can't you gun banners learn anything from history?

19Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:33 am

2seaoat wrote:that would have prevented him from owning a gun.

Auto control modules do nothing concerning gun ownership. Anybody can own a gun under that system who can own a gun today. The limits of the system are that the transportation of a gun will now require legal compliance or the car will not start. If you look at the Seaoat's Solution you will see that the other requirement was a proper container which the gun was traveling in the vehicle. In this case, the fellow would have to go to his trunk or hatch area and remove the gun from the container, or he would have had to have a conceal and carry, or open carry approved holster to allow him to shoot this quickly. The idea of a locked transportation container, or higher scrutiny with a properly licensed and trained conceal and carry is to hope that the training or the delay in getting the weapon will lower the spontaneous road rage.

Yeah that will certainly work real well. I do not want to go fiddling around for my gun in a locked box if I am sitting at a stop light and some scumbag attempts to car jack me and my family. I want it readily accessible.

20Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:36 am

2seaoat

If you think that legal owners giving up their weapons will keep weapons off the street, then I hate to say it but you are very delusional. Prohibition certainly did not stop liquor sales. There always has been and always will be various illegal items for sale on the black market.

No, we are not talking about prohibition. We are talking about biometric trigger locked chipped guns which do not allow a vehicle to start when an illegal gun is placed in the vehicle. The burglar who goes into your home and steals three weapons.....runs out to his car to getaway......guess what folks.....his car will not start......he will either have to take the time to remove a biometric trigger lock.....find all the chips in that particular model gun, and then place them in the approved transport container.

By focusing on the transport of weapons, we do not prohibit. We focus on illegal possession of weapons. We focus on illegal transport of weapons. If you are a legal owner of a firearm, the laws should be focusing on gun safety, not the concept of gun control or prohibition. We are talking about common sense use of technology to reduce gun safety related deaths, and saving billions of dollars housing dopes and mopes in our prison system.

Criminals get their weapons mostly from law abiding citizens. If law abiding citizens follow the law under mandated control modules in vehicles, it will become infinitely more difficult for criminals to possess and transport illegal guns, thus reducing street violence and death.

21Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:41 am

2seaoat

Yeah that will certainly work real well. I do not want to go fiddling around for my gun in a locked box if I am sitting at a stop light and some scumbag attempts to car jack me and my family. I want it readily accessible.

Then apply for your conceal and carry permit, and get an approved chipped holster........and of course a valid Foid card. You can drive to your heart is content, and you can pull over and shoot anybody you want. However, if you have a chipped weapon which is not in the proper container or holster.....if the gun is not chipped or the biometric trigger lock is not in place......or your foid card shows a domestic order, or you do not have it or your conceal and carry....your car simply will not start. Nothing is being prohibited for law abiding citizens who transport their weapons safely and in compliance with the law.

22Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:43 am

2seaoat wrote:If you think that legal owners giving up their weapons will keep weapons off the street, then I hate to say it but you are very delusional. Prohibition certainly did not stop liquor sales. There always has been and always will be various illegal items for sale on the black market.

No, we are not talking about prohibition. We are talking about biometric trigger locked chipped guns which do not allow a vehicle to start when an illegal gun is placed in the vehicle. The burglar who goes into your home and steals three weapons.....runs out to his car to getaway......guess what folks.....his car will not start......he will either have to take the time to remove a biometric trigger lock.....find all the chips in that particular model gun, and then place them in the approved transport container.

By focusing on the transport of weapons, we do not prohibit. We focus on illegal possession of weapons. We focus on illegal transport of weapons. If you are a legal owner of a firearm, the laws should be focusing on gun safety, not the concept of gun control or prohibition. We are talking about common sense use of technology to reduce gun safety related deaths, and saving billions of dollars housing dopes and mopes in our prison system.

Criminals get their weapons mostly from law abiding citizens. If law abiding citizens follow the law under mandated control modules in vehicles, it will become infinitely more difficult for criminals to possess and transport illegal guns, thus reducing street violence and death.

I honestly believe that you are living a pipe dream. As I said I do not want my weapon in an approved lock box while transporting in case of a car jacking. To have to go through all that just to access your weapon in a time of emergency is just plain ludicrous.

23Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's an easy solution to crimes like this. Just start giving maggots like this life imprisonment. There is ABSOLUTELY NO RATIONAL ARGUMENT OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO NOT DO THAT. When someone starts firing guns because of "road rage", I DO NOT want that animal to be free. Ever. And I defy anyone to tell me why he should be.
And if you don't want to house and feed these shitheads in jail forever then neither do I. I guarangoddamntee you if you start putting them away for life then it won't be very long at all until that will deter most everyone from doing this so you won't have to pay for their imprisonment.

The problem is though, that the liberals who want to ban guns are also the very same ones who would adamantly oppose doing this. And that's why it won't happen. Instead they'll keep squawking about banning guns.

Last edited by Bob on 12/20/2012, 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total

24Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:44 am

I also purpose a patent pending "Angerometer" that will stop all road rage. When activated your vehicle will stop and Dr Phil will be beamed in over your mandatory stereo system. This will prevent any one from running over the Son Of a Bitch that just wrecked your car. No guns needed. The future is MINE!!!!!!!

25Another road rage shooting Empty Re: Another road rage shooting 12/20/2012, 10:49 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Same kind of sources "speakeasies" got their liquor from, bds.

Alcohol in those days came from hidden stills. Are outlaws fabricating their own guns in garages somewhere?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum