Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State?

+4
Watcher
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
othershoe1030
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:That's even more disappointing. A (supposed) retired O5 acting like a whiny little schoolgirl on a public forum. Your leadership skills are obviously quite limited. The Peter Principle strikes yet again.

No wonder the DOD is going to hell in a hand-basket.

get the frisbee, boi...

in edit...he smart guy. if you bothered to notice (details, details, details) I was not here when someone else gave you a negative.

Nope....not very sharp.

Poor child, you must have been bullied as a young child and never recovered from your low self-esteem. Your pitiful attempts at attracting attention through your constant negative attacks is telling. You should seek immediate mental health counseling.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? - Page 2 Profiles_LiberalPlaybook_4124_515214

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thanx again for proving my point. You are too childish to have ever been accepted as a leader of men, especially an O5. You think military bearing is something in a wheel assembly.

Although I will give you props for obfuscation, outright lies, and your pitiful playground tactics.

Have you tried stomping your feet and holding your breath...?

get the frisbee, boi...

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thanx again for proving my point. You are too childish to have ever been accepted as a leader of men, especially an O5. You think military bearing is something in a wheel assembly.

Although I will give you props for obfuscation, outright lies, and your pitiful playground tactics.

Have you tried stomping your feet and holding your breath...?

get the frisbee, boi...

Not even original, please try to do better grasshopper. Just because your life has been an abject failure doesn't mean you can't make it better by becoming, how should I say - more socially acceptable. It's not hard! Try child, try and make an effort not to let yourself feel so dejected when you publicly stumble and fall, much to the amusement of those very few reading your hate mongering diatribes. How does it feel to be so miserable?

[quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:We

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Any serious poster with walking around smarts knows I'm definitely not stupid.

S.?

Ah yes, the little poser graces us with more stupidity. Judging strictly by your incredibly large negative rating I would have to say your bloviating drivel has not been considered anything other than "stupid" by quite a few folks. But since you are a legend in your own mind you apparently don't get it. BTW, I think you forgot to give me another "negative" on your last rant. You simple minded children sure are easily amused.
When a poster is not capable of discussions on a somewhat civil or comprehending level resorts back to what they know best...and for 'wtm' it seems he may be an expert on 'glori holes'...and then says..."I'm definately not stupid"....Not even convincing that point to himself?....

knothead wrote:For newswatcher: There are questions from this incident and I am confident the truth will come out . . . . we deserve answers so we agree on that. Your claim that Democrats are crying foul is based on historical evidence that it seems extremely doubtful that any substantive information should derail the nomination Of Ambassador Rice. Condi Rice was nominated and appointed after extremely questionable issues arose during her confirmation hearing. This,while extremely unfortunate, does not rise to the level of denying a sitting President his choice for Secy. of State. To me, it is politics and both McCain and Collins campaigned for Scott Brown so it is my view that the GOP pitbulls are leading the charge in hopes of bringing in John Kerry to make that MA seat open for Scott Brown It is politics . . . . pure and simple.

My point was made in direct disagreement with the original post that claimed that McCain/Graham/Republicans had this entire scenerio designed and manipulated from the very beginning...the original post even quoted that brilliant MSNBC 'journalist?' Maddow responsible for floating this nonesense...The UN Ambassador chose to parrot an 'untruth' much like several members of this administration up to and including the cowh...The Sec of State has been silent and she's supposed to be in charge and yet she didn't recognize this for what it was?...According to the murdered Seals father...Hillary whispered that the internet fool responsible for this movie would be dealt with...This happened when the bodies were being returned and this was supposed to indicate that justice would be done?...As far as the politics that may be occurring....OF COURSE!...Has there ever been a circumstance that one party didn't attempt to one up the other?...There's never been a denial of politics taking place...but to attempt to make the arguement the the GOP somehow manipulated the incompetence of this administration for political gain is ridiculous...Amb Rice and others were more concerned with calling this what it was and being politically correct in their minds....Yet...this administration has the direct responsibility and accountability for NOT increasing security before when warned and certainly to allow the Embassy to be over run and the murders without any military assistance to those that attempted to defend....is a disgrace and this administration doesn't even have the decency or are too arrogant to feel they need to offer an explanation for their incompetence...Amb Rice was a part of this cover-up and untruthfulness and not only shouldn't she be allowed to now become the sec of state she shouldn't even be allowed to continue as the Amb of the UN....

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

What about the proxy war over Susan Rice?

Now I'm beginning to think fox and sons is running this distraction 24/7 to keep people from worrying about the budget and tax problems that are real things that need to be addressed.

It is just the R's creating their own universe again and we know how reality has a way of horning in on them, see last election.

Wow...the suck buddy arrives to rescue the childish O4.5 (and fading) from the mean old uncivil reality of life.

Hey fool....I think you meant "definitely".

Ya wanna school me, try harder.

Ya wanna school the forum, fuggedaboudit.

Right now I own you two sub genius mouth breathers. You're playing defence in a game you cannot win. Shucky durn, you just threw your hail mary pass when you played the "seek mental health" card.

This game's over.

Have fun on the bus ride back to Whiner U.

get the frisbee, boi...

othershoe1030 wrote:What about the proxy war over Susan Rice?

Now I'm beginning to think fox and sons is running this distraction 24/7 to keep people from worrying about the budget and tax problems that are real things that need to be addressed.

It is just the R's creating their own universe again and we know how reality has a way of horning in on them, see last election.

Uh..Hum...'other'...The Senate is in control of the democrats...Democrats are indicating they will drive over the 'fiscal cliff'...The Senate has done nothing for four years and now it's that this is all a media outlet diversion?...Again...four years under Democrat leadership and the 'real things that need to be addressed' have been ignored under the lack of leadership of Sen Reid and the Democrats...The House has at least sent several pieces of legislation to the Senate (agree or disagree with the bills) only to have them declared "DOA"....with NO negotiations...compromises...or even at least attempting to move forward on any areas where agreements have have been reached...this wasn't the republicans...FOX News...this was controlled by Democrats...Perhaps not even all democrats but their leadership...Now had there been some negotiations and positions of both sides been made clear...then yes it would be correct to point out the unwillingness of one side or the other not to address the problems...but the speaking or voting wasn't even allowed....

W_T_M wrote:

You're playing defence in a game you cannot win. Shucky durn, you just threw your hail mary pass when you played the "seek mental health" card.

get the frisbee, boi...

Child, child, child. When you stoop so low as to correct spelling on an informal forum at least make more than your usual pitiful effort to ensure your own words are spelled correctly. "Schooling" you would be a wasted effort. I see you have decorated your trailer for Christmas. Good job.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? - Page 2 Up-AN8C7VOUTRUF1GMG

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

newswatcher wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:What about the proxy war over Susan Rice?

Uh..Hum...'other'...The Senate is in control of the democrats...Democrats are indicating they will drive over the 'fiscal cliff'...The Senate has done nothing for four years and now it's that this is all a media outlet diversion?...Again...four years under Democrat leadership and the 'real things that need to be addressed' have been ignored under the lack of leadership of Sen Reid and the Democrats...The House has at least sent several pieces of legislation to the Senate (agree or disagree with the bills) only to have them declared "DOA"....with NO negotiations...compromises...or even at least attempting to move forward on any areas where agreements have have been reached...this wasn't the republicans...FOX News...this was controlled by Democrats...Perhaps not even all democrats but their leadership...Now had there been some negotiations and positions of both sides been made clear...then yes it would be correct to point out the unwillingness of one side or the other not to address the problems...but the speaking or voting wasn't even allowed....

The problem is the huge number of filibusters, over 300 during the last several years that give the minority party in the Senate the ability to shelve a bill. If they really had to stand up and talk to have a filibuster it would cause them more pain and effort and perhaps cut down on the use of this obstructionist tactic.

Don't blame the lack of movement in the Senate on the Democrats look to see which party is using the filibuster and you'll discover who is putting the brakes on progress and compromise. McConnell needs to shift gears from his 'making Obama a one term president' to something more constructive.

knothead wrote:For newswatcher: There are questions from this incident and I am confident the truth will come out . . . . we deserve answers so we agree on that. Your claim that Democrats are crying foul is based on historical evidence that it seems extremely doubtful that any substantive information should derail the nomination Of Ambassador Rice. Condi Rice was nominated and appointed after extremely questionable issues arose during her confirmation hearing. This,while extremely unfortunate, does not rise to the level of denying a sitting President his choice for Secy. of State. To me, it is politics and both McCain and Collins campaigned for Scott Brown so it is my view that the GOP pitbulls are leading the charge in hopes of bringing in John Kerry to make that MA seat open for Scott Brown It is politics . . . . pure and simple.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bingo.

Nail, head, etc...

But you are far more optimistic than I will ever be. I cannot imagine a day when the facts of this situation (the GOP shill's overt attempt to play politics) will even be acknowledged by the uber-partisan twins pretending to be experts, much less accepted as fact.

When the corner is to your back and you paint as hard and fast as they do, a sane person would drop the brush and leave the room.

Their intransigent position points toward the larger picture w/ our USC. For the GOP, it does not matter that the POTUS should be allowed to appoint whomever he wishes...due deference is a de facto rule of thumb since G. Washington was a road guard. The attempt by McCain and Graham to filibuster the appointment is nothing but a political food fight. They lost but cannot see the scoreboard, and their blind allegiance to the whispered vow to fight Pres. Obama on any and every issue is yet another millstone around the neck of the GOP.

Unless they adopt some serious changes, they are destined for the dustbin of political relevance.

Last edited by W_T_M on 11/29/2012, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

newswatcher wrote:

My point was made in direct disagreement with the original post that claimed that McCain/Graham/Republicans had this entire scenerio designed and manipulated from the very beginning...the original post even quoted that brilliant MSNBC 'journalist?' Maddow responsible for floating this nonesense...The UN Ambassador chose to parrot an 'untruth' much like several members of this administration up to and including the cowh...The Sec of State has been silent and she's supposed to be in charge and yet she didn't recognize this for what it was?...According to the murdered Seals father...Hillary whispered that the internet fool responsible for this movie would be dealt with...This happened when the bodies were being returned and this was supposed to indicate that justice would be done?...As far as the politics that may be occurring....OF COURSE!...Has there ever been a circumstance that one party didn't attempt to one up the other?...There's never been a denial of politics taking place...but to attempt to make the arguement the the GOP somehow manipulated the incompetence of this administration for political gain is ridiculous...Amb Rice and others were more concerned with calling this what it was and being politically correct in their minds....Yet...this administration has the direct responsibility and accountability for NOT increasing security before when warned and certainly to allow the Embassy to be over run and the murders without any military assistance to those that attempted to defend....is a disgrace and this administration doesn't even have the decency or are too arrogant to feel they need to offer an explanation for their incompetence...Amb Rice was a part of this cover-up and untruthfulness and not only shouldn't she be allowed to now become the sec of state she shouldn't even be allowed to continue as the Amb of the UN....
I agree with much of what you've said here. However, I question your comment about post #1 in this thread claiming that McCain and all had designed and manipulated [this scenario] from the very beginning. Which part of this are you referring to, the whining at interviews or the attack on the consulate?
There's also the possibility that the first few complaints by McCain were genuine and then developed into a way of placing John Kerry at the top of the nominating list for the next Secretary of State.

nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

You're playing defence in a game you cannot win. Shucky durn, you just threw your hail mary pass when you played the "seek mental health" card.

get the frisbee, boi...

Child, child, child. When you stoop so low as to correct spelling on an informal forum at least make more than your usual pitiful effort to ensure your own words are spelled correctly. "Schooling" you would be a wasted effort. I see you have decorated your trailer for Christmas. Good job.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? - Page 2 Up-AN8C7VOUTRUF1GMG

Y'all sho' 'nuff go to lotsa' effort to attack me all personal like, dontcha' redneck...?

Both spellings of defence/defense are acceptable in football terminology....which I was using.

Like I said, game over.

Attack all you wish....machts nix to me.

I must admit, it has been fun helping you look foolish.

Regardless of the political antics being used to derail a Rice nomination the simple fact is she was very ineffective at the U.N. Why would anyone believe she could do better as SecState? Her Benghazi lies are not as important as the fact she is not qualified for the position, particularly with the coming firestorm in the Middle East and possibly North Korea.

othershoe1030 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

I agree with much of what you've said here. However, I question your comment about post #1 in this thread claiming that McCain and all had designed and manipulated [this scenario] from the very beginning. Which part of this are you referring to, the whining at interviews or the attack on the consulate?
There's also the possibility that the first few complaints by McCain were genuine and then developed into a way of placing John Kerry at the top of the nominating list for the next Secretary of State.

There is no disagreement really....each invididual members of the administration that chose to follow the role set out for them should be held accountable and responsibility for those actions...The initial fireworks in this matter began when there was an attempt to blame the intelligence community...that's when memos..documents...e-mails...etc., suddenly began being leaked to the media...Of course there is a political side but the bottom line is that Amb Rice put herself out there on the wrong side of this matter and that should cost her being the next sec of state...the current sec of state still has to answer for her role in this mess and many others have to or should explain the most obvious screw up of now providing more security prior to the attacks and why there was no attempt to help those on the ground during the attacks...This may sound a little harsh to some and this isn't strictly a political situation...this was and should always be about the lives that were lost and holding the decsion makers responsible and then formulating a strategy of reaction to these types of situations in the future...

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

Both spellings of defence/defense are acceptable in football terminology....which I was using.

Oh I see. Too funny. Pitiful, weak, and an obvious lie but funny just the same.

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:

You are recklessly throwing around accusations when you know very little factually . . . . . you are harping on a 'cover-up' that you or I have no frigging clue what really happened. I think posters like yourself need to learn how to say "I think", "In my opinion . . . ." "I don't believe . . .", etc., you get the idea instead of sounding like s bobble head on Faux News who are also reckless with accusations. This is pure politics . . . . nothing more (in my opinion)!

nochain wrote:Regardless of the political antics being used to derail a Rice nomination the simple fact is she was very ineffective at the U.N. Why would anyone believe she could do better as SecState? Her Benghazi lies are not as important as the fact she is not qualified for the position, particularly with the coming firestorm in the Middle East and possibly North Korea.

And certainly John Kerry is not the darling of the gop but that's not their choice...Further look at those involved...McCain/Graham/Collins and some others have signaled their desire to abandon their 'no taxes' philosophy and are then viewed more favorably by the media and the democrats yet these same 'moderates' are now considered the problems when the oppose a Rice nomination?...She should be judged by her actions and if that is the measure then Rice should not be the next Sec of State...

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

You are recklessly throwing around accusations when you know very little factually . . . . . you are harping on a 'cover-up' that you or I have no frigging clue what really happened. I think posters like yourself need to learn how to say "I think", "In my opinion . . . ." "I don't believe . . .", etc., you get the idea instead of sounding like s bobble head on Faux News who are also reckless with accusations. This is pure politics . . . . nothing more (in my opinion)!

Not true at all....the facts are the facts...this was recognized as a terrorist operation within 24 hours of the attack/murders and the splinter group responsible identified....yet follow what took place following the initial 24 hours...Furthermore it's not just the 'bobble heads' on FOX News...there are democrats that want answers too and had called the handling of the administration as 'misleading'...One that spoke out was Sen Feinstein...Pure politics?...Tell that to the families of the four murdered Americans...

[quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you could not see the football analogy, you are seriously dense. Google it idiot. Then ESAD.

Done.

[quote="W_T_M"][quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you could not see the football analogy, you are seriously dense. Google it idiot. Then ESAD.

Done.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? - Page 2 Cfooqjrb

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I think it is kind of crazy for anyone to be concerned about the dangers of a cover up since in this situation no cover up is possible. We have video and updates re the attack. No misguided military decisions are going to be made on the basis of statements made by S. Rice on morning talk shows.

This is in stark contrast to the string of misstatements and misrepresentations about everything from yellow cake imports from Niger to aluminum tubes that got us in to two wars needlessly. The to a morning talk show statement pales in comparison.
This is chicken feed compared to what the country was lead into by the Bush administration. That set up was an orchestrated plot to get us into a war we should never embarked on.

No one is saying we should DO anything in response to what S. Rice said. This is a tempest in a tea pot. History will show what the R's have up their sleeve in making such a fit over her interview.

othershoe1030 wrote:I think it is kind of crazy for anyone to be concerned about the dangers of a cover up since in this situation no cover up is possible. We have video and updates re the attack. No misguided military decisions are going to be made on the basis of statements made by S. Rice on morning talk shows.

This is in stark contrast to the string of misstatements and misrepresentations about everything from yellow cake imports from Niger to aluminum tubes that got us in to two wars needlessly. The to a morning talk show statement pales in comparison.
This is chicken feed compared to what the country was lead into by the Bush administration. That set up was an orchestrated plot to get us into a war we should never embarked on.

No one is saying we should DO anything in response to what S. Rice said. This is a tempest in a tea pot. History will show what the R's have up their sleeve in making such a fit over her interview.

Bush again eh? It never ends. Tell us, if you can, what makes Rice qualified to be Secretary of State. Surely it can't be her dismal record at the U.N. although I am sure other nations would prefer her in negotiations given her many weaknesses. Hillary will be a tough act to follow and Rice is not the right pick.

othershoe1030 wrote:I think it is kind of crazy for anyone to be concerned about the dangers of a cover up since in this situation no cover up is possible. We have video and updates re the attack. No misguided military decisions are going to be made on the basis of statements made by S. Rice on morning talk shows.

FOCUS!....This is the [Name] cowh administration NOT the Bush Administration!....There is no comparasion and certainly no logic into oce again debating the Iraq situation...This is a discussion about whether Rice should be nominated as sec of state and whether her actions after the Embassy attacks/murders lends any credibility to assure anyone that she is the correct choice...If you have to reach into the blame Bush gameplan once and yet again it only shows that you and others have nothing and that being the case you blame Bush...the only other last step will be the charge of 'racism'...oh yeah...Sen Clyburn (D-SC) has already made the point that Amb Rice is being attacked because she's black....Typical...predictable...and a continuing lowness to use these lame excuses to protect an incompetent individual....

nochain wrote:

Bush again eh? It never ends. Tell us, if you can, what makes Rice qualified to be Secretary of State. Surely it can't be her dismal record at the U.N. although I am sure other nations would prefer her in negotiations given her many weaknesses. Hillary will be a tough act to follow and Rice is not the right pick.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OK, seriousness it shall be.

Why don't you tell us what makes YOU more qualified than he is to pick Pres. Obama's Cabinet Members...?

And if my memory serves me right, your side opposed Sen. Clinton as much if not more than Ms. Rice.

Obstructionism is what it's called, and no one does it better that the GOP. Just take a look at the filibuster totals for last session. Back when it actually meant something, a filibuster was taken seriously. Now it's a political ploy lacking even the concept of integrity.

Why don't we return to the days of ideology and conviction for cause, like what was depicted in Mr. Smith Goes To Washington...?

"....could someone get me an evian, with a lime twist and crushed ice...?"

Last edited by W_T_M on 11/29/2012, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:
knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Not true at all....the facts are the facts...this was recognized as a terrorist operation within 24 hours of the attack/murders and the splinter group responsible identified....yet follow what took place following the initial 24 hours...Furthermore it's not just the 'bobble heads' on FOX News...there are democrats that want answers too and had called the handling of the administration as 'misleading'...One that spoke out was Sen Feinstein...Pure politics?...Tell that to the families of the four murdered Americans...

Yes, it seems to be true that what Rice said on the Sunday talk circuit were not accurate but it was, according to Rice and the CIA, the information she was given but that has been acknowledged. McCain and Graham, IN MY OPINION, are seizing on this are opportunistic opening to go after Obama AND push Rice out of the picture which, if successful, would catapult John Kerry in line for the Secy. of State position giving Scott Brown a 2nd chance at the Senate seat he lost and one the GOP would LOVE to reclaim. If true, is this not pure politics? I think it is true. Do I recognize that the Benghazi attacks were handled poorly, yes I do . . . . . was it for political motives? Protecting the Secy. of State or even the President himself? No information has emerged that portray that belief that I am aware of . . . . Is this an over reach by the GOP? We shall see as the facts are brought out by both sides. I remind you that Condi Rice was appointed to State despite serious lingering questions about some issues she was involved with with G Bush. A President has historically been given the benefit of doubt and acquiescing to their choice of cabinet level officers. I agree 100% that this is a tragedy but looking through all the pomp and indignation by McCain, Graham, whomever linger the ulterior motive of pushing Rice aside, not because she is inept or incompetent, but this is their opportunity to hopefully regain the MA Senate seat. All this is my opinion newswatcher . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum