Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State?

+4
Watcher
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
othershoe1030
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

This is a question that's been kicked around for a while on various talk shows and news broadcasts. McCain and his sidekick Lindsey Graham had a special hour long meeting today with Susan Rice and CIA acting director and still come out of the meeting more disturbed than before. That's got to make you wonder what is really going on. what is their real objection? It can't be over a messed up news briefing. That wouldn't rise to the level of concern they are attributing to it.

Now, watching Rachel Maddow she suggests that it has more to do with another possible nomination for the position, that of John Kerry. If Kerry were to become the next Secretary of State or even Secretary of Defense his senate seat would be open. A special election would take place and Scott Brown could run again for a place in the Senate.

This makes more sense to me than the claim that they are upset about what was said on a Sunday talk show. It's not about the Secretary of State, it's about the Senate?

Sal

Sal

othershoe1030 wrote:This is a question that's been kicked around for a while on various talk shows and news broadcasts. McCain and his sidekick Lindsey Graham had a special hour long meeting today with Susan Rice and CIA acting director and still come out of the meeting more disturbed than before. That's got to make you wonder what is really going on. what is their real objection? It can't be over a messed up news briefing. That wouldn't rise to the level of concern they are attributing to it.

Now, watching Rachel Maddow she suggests that it has more to do with another possible nomination for the position, that of John Kerry. If Kerry were to become the next Secretary of State or even Secretary of Defense his senate seat would be open. A special election would take place and Scott Brown could run again for a place in the Senate.

This makes more sense to me than the claim that they are upset about what was said on a Sunday talk show. It's not about the Secretary of State, it's about the Senate?

That is a very interesting theory, although it would require logic and sound strategery, which makes it seem highly unlikely the Repukes would employ it.

Incompetence? How about that for a one word summation? Of course, we could also go with "liar" as well.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:This is a question that's been kicked around for a while on various talk shows and news broadcasts. McCain and his sidekick Lindsey Graham had a special hour long meeting today with Susan Rice and CIA acting director and still come out of the meeting more disturbed than before. That's got to make you wonder what is really going on. what is their real objection? It can't be over a messed up news briefing. That wouldn't rise to the level of concern they are attributing to it.

That is a very interesting theory, although it would require logic and sound strategery, which makes it seem highly unlikely the Repukes would employ it.

Good point, although they are power mongers which is quite a bit of motivation for them. They have attempted to throw up this smoke screen of incompetence and "lying" which fell apart for all but the most gullible.

Neither the State Department nor any other single entity can control information about incidents like this any more. There are just too many cell phones with video capabilities to keep a lid on events.

If memory serves, CNN and other news organizations were posting videos of the scene outside of the consulate nearly in real time. Anyone who'd been watching the news had heard and seen accounts that didn't fit with what Rice was saying. No doubt she was passing along information that had been okayed by the "intelligence community" as something she was allowed to talk about.

Seems to me this is more an indictment of the intelligence community than of Rice herself. They were behind the curve on this one and she just got caught in the cross fire.

I think the Scott Brown run for Senate is still worth considering.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Incompetence? How about that for a one word summation? Of course, we could also go with "liar" as well.

When you speak of incompetence and liar in one sentence, one recent president comes to mind:

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? Iv_0210

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Really? And what might we come up with about the COWH?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Really? And what might we come up with about the COWH?

This is always appropriate:

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? Obama+it's+bush's+fault_1

So McCain and Graham manipulated that Embassy attacks in Libya in order to have UN Secretary Rice go on several networks and deny it was a terrorist attack and a result of a 'spontaneous protest' and with other administration members continue to be untruthful about the information and blame the intelligence community....this was done by McCain and Graham in order to ensure that John Kerry would be nominated over Rice?...This is some MSNBC/Liberal Crap at it's best!...Blame the republicans for how incompetent the administration is in its handling of these attacks...So Ms Maddow would then agree that the cowh is simply an empty suite/puppet controlled by McCain/Graham and the republicans?...If McCain and Graham are running this administration then they both need to go along with the empty suites...Is this the battlecry of the second administration...Blame McCain?....

Stand back folk and watch in awe as glory-hole-gunny extrapolates, spins, and, obfuscates.

If he's hinting that the usual GOP suspects are not capable of taking advantage of a bad situation.....that they just ain't smart enough for such shenanigans, I might agree with all 3 stooges this time.

But his pile of steaming rhetoric is up there with the plan to make Obama a citizen by placing that birth announcement in a newspaper 50 years ago.

Carry on boys.

Did you find each other on Cragslist....?

Last edited by W_T_M on 11/28/2012, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

W_T_M wrote:Stand back folk and watch in awe as glory-hole-gunny extrapolates, spins, and, obfuscates.

If he's hinting that the usual GOP suspects are not capable of taking advantage of a bad situation.....that they just ain't smart enough for such shenanigans, I might agree with the all 3 stooges this time.

But hhis pile of steaming rhetoric is up there with the plan to make Obama a citizen by placing that birth announcement in a newspaper 50 years ago.

Carry on boys.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? LiberalsMotivator

Well, glory-hole-boi #2, I could care less if you run your pathetic partisan pie-hole until the Rapture takes me and leaves your sorry butt here...

But I digress.

Thanx for your answer. You DID find your soulless mate on Cragslist.

W_T_M wrote:Well, glory-hole-boi #2, I could care less if you run your pathetic partisan pie-hole until the Rapture takes me and leaves your sorry butt here...

But I digress.

You make me believe in reincarnation. Nobody can be as stupid as you in one lifetime. Poser.

nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:Well, glory-hole-boi #2, I could care less if you run your pathetic partisan pie-hole until the Rapture takes me and leaves your sorry butt here...

But I digress.

You make me believe in reincarnation. Nobody can be as stupid as you in one lifetime. Poser.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Come on boi....you can do better than that. Any serious poster with walking around smarts knows I'm definitely not stupid.

So your post only bolsters my assessment of you and your side-kick glory-hole-gunny. I wish you would join together and make one absurd post after another, instead of acting like little school girls posting "likes" on facebook.

You do realize you're attempting to hide behind a barbed wire fence, right...?

Watcher

Watcher

W_T_M wrote:Stand back folk and watch in awe as glory-hole-gunny extrapolates, spins, and, obfuscates.

If he's hinting that the usual GOP suspects are not capable of taking advantage of a bad situation.....that they just ain't smart enough for such shenanigans, I might agree with the all 3 stooges this time.

But hhis pile of steaming rhetoric is up there with the plan to make Obama a citizen by placing that birth announcement in a newspaper 50 years ago.

Carry on boys.

Good one. LOL

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:We

Any serious poster with walking around smarts knows I'm definitely not stupid.

S.?

Ah yes, the little poser graces us with more stupidity. Judging strictly by your incredibly large negative rating I would have to say your bloviating drivel has not been considered anything other than "stupid" by quite a few folks. But since you are a legend in your own mind you apparently don't get it. BTW, I think you forgot to give me another "negative" on your last rant. You simple minded children sure are easily amused.

[quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

S.?

Ah yes, the little poser graces us with more stupidity. Judging strictly by your incredibly large negative rating I would have to say your bloviating drivel has not been considered anything other than "stupid" by quite a few folks. But since you are a legend in your own mind you apparently don't get it. BTW, I think you forgot to give me another "negative" on your last rant. You simple minded children sure are easily amused.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Really....?

You think negative votes on this forum are a sign of stupidity...?

I rest my case.

Get the frisbee...good boi...

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

S.?

Really....?

I rest my case.

Right on time drone! Good job. You might have all of the cognitive awareness of a dead carp but don't let that stop you from entertaining the rest of us.

[quote="nochain"]
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

S.?

Really....?

I rest my case.

Right on time drone! Good job. You might have all of the cognitive awareness of a dead carp but don't let that stop you from entertaining the rest of us.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Everything you cite in your judgement of me bolsters my belief that you are a 20 year E4.

Even TIG hasn't helped you.

get the frisee boi...

[quote="W_T_M"]
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:
W_T_M wrote:
nochain wrote:

S.?

Really....?

I rest my case.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Everything you cite in your judgement of me bolsters my belief that you are a 20 year E4.

Even TIG hasn't helped you.

get the frisee boi...

Funny. You really are a dimwit! BTW, I am a retired O-5 and don't forget to give me another negative click you poor misguided child. Get the dirt piles and empty beer bottles cleaned out of the driveway in front your trailer yet?

That's even more disappointing. A (supposed) retired O5 acting like a whiny little schoolgirl on a public forum. Your leadership skills are obviously quite limited. The Peter Principle strikes yet again.

No wonder the DOD is going to hell in a hand-basket.

get the frisbee, boi...

in edit...hey smart guy. if you bothered to notice (details, details, details) I was not here when someone else gave you a negative.

Nope....not very sharp.

Last edited by W_T_M on 11/29/2012, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

Getting back on topic with OS's thread, I have been conflicted regarding Ambassador Rice's comments on the Sunday talk show circuit but I now feel comfortable saying that the three Senators that led the charge against Rice do, in fact, have another agenda separate from their faux outrage. Why now? It makes sense that the ulterior motive would be to make every attempt to block Rice's confirmation for Secy. of State giving Scott Brown a 2nd opportunity to regain a seat for the GOP in the Senate. So I agree with Rachael Maddow's theory . . . . John McCain loves to fight . . . . he is always in a conflict that keeps him in the spotlight and Lindsay Graham is basically the same. McCain and Graham, in my view, believe that this unfortunate incident involving the murder of four honorable Americans, could get traction and result as a stain on President Obama's administration. Additionally, it would force Obama to nominate John Kerry leaving the MA seat open for yet another election giving Brown, a popular guy, a shot. Tonight, Senator Susan Collins R-ME, piled on agreeing with McCain, Graham and Ayotte. They have what they see as a legitimate pathway to get their panties in a wad and threaten blocking Rice's nomination. If Obama does nominate Rice (and I think he will) should one or more of the objecting Senators puts a 'hold' on Rice, they run a risk themselves by overplaying their hand and denying a sitting President the Cabinet officer of his choosing. It's going to be interesting to watch this play out. Thanks for the thread OS!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

newswatcher wrote:

So McCain and Graham manipulated that Embassy attacks in Libya in order to have UN Secretary Rice go on several networks and deny it was a terrorist attack and a result of a 'spontaneous protest' and with other administration members continue to be untruthful about the information and blame the intelligence community....this was done by McCain and Graham in order to ensure that John Kerry would be nominated over Rice?...This is some MSNBC/Liberal Crap at it's best!...Blame the republicans for how incompetent the administration is in its handling of these attacks...So Ms Maddow would then agree that the cowh is simply an empty suite/puppet controlled by McCain/Graham and the republicans?...If McCain and Graham are running this administration then they both need to go along with the empty suites...Is this the battlecry of the second administration...Blame McCain?....

McCain and Graham haven't done anything but whine. It looks like a proxy war having more to do with the senate seat in Mass. than Sunday talk show statements.
It also looks like a favorite story on fox news, a good distraction from talks over fixing the economy. It is a non-real-issue in terms of driving it into the ground for the sake of distraction.

The incident is being investigated for real by a group of top people who will report what they find.
You have got to ask yourself what McCain expects in terms of answers if being able to ask questions for over an hour is not sufficient.

knothead

knothead

For newswatcher: There are questions from this incident and I am confident the truth will come out . . . . we deserve answers so we agree on that. Your claim that Democrats are crying foul is based on historical evidence that it seems extremely doubtful that any substantive information should derail the nomination Of Ambassador Rice. Condi Rice was nominated and appointed after extremely questionable issues arose during her confirmation hearing. This,while extremely unfortunate, does not rise to the level of denying a sitting President his choice for Secy. of State. To me, it is politics and both McCain and Collins campaigned for Scott Brown so it is my view that the GOP pitbulls are leading the charge in hopes of bringing in John Kerry to make that MA seat open for Scott Brown It is politics . . . . pure and simple.

Markle

Markle

Ambassador Susan Rice is part of a cover-up of the first fatal attack on one of our embassies in over thirty years.

Her judgement is also in question.

From The Hill:

Sen. Collins 'troubled' by Rice comments on Benghazi attack

By Julian Pecquet - 11/28/12 12:02 PM ET

[...]

Collins also raised new questions about Rice's role in the 1998 embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania, when she was then-President Clinton's assistant secretary of State for African Affairs — tying it with GOP concerns that the Obama administration turned down Stevens's requests for more security prior to the attack.

“What troubles me so much is the Benghazi attack in many ways echoes the attacks on both embassies in 1998, when Susan Rice was head of the African region for our State Department,” Collins said. “In both cases, the ambassador begged for additional security.”

[...]

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/terrorism/269839-collins-questions-susan-rices-ties-to-security-shortfalls-in-1998-africa-embassy-bombings?tmpl=component&page=

W_T_M wrote:That's even more disappointing. A (supposed) retired O5 acting like a whiny little schoolgirl on a public forum. Your leadership skills are obviously quite limited. The Peter Principle strikes yet again.

No wonder the DOD is going to hell in a hand-basket.

get the frisbee, boi...

in edit...he smart guy. if you bothered to notice (details, details, details) I was not here when someone else gave you a negative.

Nope....not very sharp.

Poor child, you must have been bullied as a young child and never recovered from your low self-esteem. Your pitiful attempts at attracting attention through your constant negative attacks is telling. You should seek immediate mental health counseling.

What is the real reason McCain et al are crazy over Susan Rice being Secretary of State? Profiles_LiberalPlaybook_4124_515214

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum