Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winter Wonderland......can you say slam dunk........

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121124/HOLIDAYS/311240024/Light-tree-hit-ice-Winter-Wonderland-begins-Wahoos-park?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Now where are the whiners...........waaaaaa waaaaaaaa the ice is not real. santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Ice Returns to Pensacola!
The Pensacola Bay Center is proud to announce the return of "ICE" to Pensacola for the upcoming season. Public Skate Sessions will be offered throughout the season and schedules will be posted on the website event calendar each month. The one-hour sessions are typically scheduled on the weekends and after Ice Flyers Home games. The Northwest Florida Amateur Hockey League and The Figure Skating Club of Pensacola are also returning with opportunities to lace up the skates for competition, recreation, and instruction at various levels, from those who are just starting out to those who have grown up on the ice
The schedule will be posted on the event calendar (located to the left side of the page) by the 15th of the month for each preceding month. So please check back soon for more updates!

All participants must submit a signed waiver and release prior to participating (Skate Waiver)

Ticket prices are:
$ 10.00 Adult/Child (includes skate rental)
$ 7.00 Adult/Child (must provide own skates)
$ 8.00 Adult/Child (Groups of 15 or more and includes skate rental)
$125.00 Season Pass

* Group tickets and weekly pass must be purchased at the Pensacola Civic Center Box Office).

Tickets are available at Box Office, Ticketmaster outlets, Charge By Phone (800) 745-3000, or www.ticketmaster.com (additional fees may apply)

Of course it is a slam dunk. Spend 150,000 to 250,000 to take away business from the civic center, who has real ice. All of us locals Love to ice skate and Snow ski. But I forgot Studer does not own the Civic center...

hallmarkgrad wrote:Ice Returns to Pensacola!
The Pensacola Bay Center is proud to announce the return of "ICE" to Pensacola for the upcoming season. Public Skate Sessions will be offered throughout the season and schedules will be posted on the website event calendar each month. The one-hour sessions are typically scheduled on the weekends and after Ice Flyers Home games. The Northwest Florida Amateur Hockey League and The Figure Skating Club of Pensacola are also returning with opportunities to lace up the skates for competition, recreation, and instruction at various levels, from those who are just starting out to those who have grown up on the ice
The schedule will be posted on the event calendar (located to the left side of the page) by the 15th of the month for each preceding month. So please check back soon for more updates!

All participants must submit a signed waiver and release prior to participating (Skate Waiver)

Ticket prices are:
$ 10.00 Adult/Child (includes skate rental)
$ 7.00 Adult/Child (must provide own skates)
$ 8.00 Adult/Child (Groups of 15 or more and includes skate rental)
$125.00 Season Pass

* Group tickets and weekly pass must be purchased at the Pensacola Civic Center Box Office).

Tickets are available at Box Office, Ticketmaster outlets, Charge By Phone (800) 745-3000, or www.ticketmaster.com (additional fees may apply)

Of course it is a slam dunk. Spend 150,000 to 250,000 to take away business from the civic center, who has real ice. All of us locals Love to ice skate and Snow ski. But I forgot Studer does not own the Civic center...

Seems to me that the CMP won't get as much business for skating as the PBC since their prices are cheaper than the CMP.

They will have some action because right now Studer has the eye of Pensacola. Logic doesn't compute when it comes to Stoodervile. You just show people skating and all is good. It is now a Multi use stadium. Money, Profit, a business model be damned. If you have to take way business from another part of the city, then so be it. Think they might have a few people at the Civic center skating if they had page after page promoting them in the newspaper and the press? Studer is just pushing more money in a rat hole hoping something will work. Word is that the Winter wonderland is sponsored by Quint to the tune of 250,000 dollars. He seems to be the only one investing in his park.

Or You can Skate at the Wahoo Park

Winter Wonderland......can you say slam dunk........ 533760_10151237747304347_1192215315_n

hallmarkgrad wrote:They will have some action because right now Studer has the eye of Pensacola. Logic doesn't compute when it comes to Stoodervile. You just show people skating and all is good. It is now a Multi use stadium. Money, Profit, a business model be damned. If you have to take way business from another part of the city, then so be it. Think they might have a few people at the Civic center skating if they had page after page promoting them in the newspaper and the press? Studer is just pushing more money in a rat hole hoping something will work. Word is that the Winter wonderland is sponsored by Quint to the tune of 250,000 dollars. He seems to be the only one investing in his park.

Hasn't the Pensacola Bay Center formerly Pensacola Civic Center always had a problem staying in the red even before the CMP came along?

Yes. The Civic Center has been plagued with problems for many years. In Pensacola logic we build something new rather than make what we have work. They have tried to sell it a few times but no interest has been shown. I guess the only thing that has worked has been the Hockey team and the skating venue. The CMP should not be a problem for the center but I am sure it will not help. Soon we will have 2 elephants. One White, One Blue

Yes Sir . this is one classy looking skating rink. people all over the world will be standing in line to skate this bad boy/ Slam Drunk!!! Woot Woot

Winter Wonderland......can you say slam dunk........ Bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DP&Date=20121122&Category=ENTERTAINMENT&ArtNo=211220804&Ref=PH&Item=6&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=60

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121125/NEWS01/311250030/Studers-buy-former-Waterfront-Mission-property-downtown-Pensacola

Double pump.....360......slam dunk as the home team scatters the naysayers.......silence.....absolute silence as step by step.......they run out of room....helpless to stop the momentum.......soaking in the sauce pan buttered up and ready to be fried.......yeowwwwwwwww you Studerite.....can't you see that the Waterfront mission property was so attractive before that slam dunking....double pumping.....roundabout......superstar Studer stuffed another one........are you blind......Pensacola is failing.....everything is doomed......whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa ..........but alas on the jumbo screen overlooking the beautiful bay with the smoke machine pumping a haze from which the superstar emerges.......wham bam thank you maam.......another one bites the dust as that slam dunking Studer hangs his jersey on the wall. cheers

LOL So the down town yuppies in essence forced the Waterfront mission off of their property to a obscure area north of town because they were "unsightly" and did not fit into the "Upside" Pensacola model.. . Then Studer snaps up their property claiming to be a Saint.
Part of the Waterfront missions success was that they were visible. They forced people to see the plight of those less fortunate. Now they have been placed in a area that is out of the way, out of sight, out of mind. Never mind that they had been there since the early 50s and many of the local people had a personal interest in making them a success. Even if they needed to move and expand, the property according to all the Yea sayers, would have only became more valuable. But hey, why should a mission make some money when a developer can. Besides they dont need any money they just waste it on the needy. We need beer, Olive oil and spiced Pumpkin seeds and a place to park our BMWs.
I had the honour of working with a couple of men who were homeless and their lives were literally saved by the Water Front rescue Mission.
I am glad Studer was part of the effort to deprive the Mission of a very valuable asset. But poor people and the less affluent are not welcome or needed in Pensacola.
The good thing for the downtown people is that the poor and needy will be less visible as downtown parties its way to success. Rememberer the CITY own the Water front and let if fall into disrepair. The very same people that are saying "Look at us. aint we great". Excuse me if I seem a bit cyclical about watching people "ice" skate on plastic ice.

Double pump.....360......slam dunk as the home team scatters the naysayers.......silence.....absolute silence as step by step.......they run out of room....helpless to stop the momentum.......soaking in the sauce pan buttered up and ready to be fried.......yeowwwwwwwww you Studerite.....can't you see that the Waterfront mission property was so attractive before that slam dunking....double pumping.....roundabout......superstar Studer stuffed another one........are you blind......Pensacola is failing.....everything is doomed......whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa ..........but alas on the jumbo screen overlooking the beautiful bay with the smoke machine pumping a haze from which the superstar emerges.......wham bam thank you maam.......another one bites the dust as that slam dunking Studer hangs his jersey on the wall.

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/311230022/Mission-serves-up-Thanksgiving-meals-needy-Pensacola

Another 360 double pump slam dunk......good things are happening in Pensacola......good always prevails...... cheers cheers cheers

The new building cost almost 6 million dollars. Bigger is not always better. Say what you want Mr Oats. I know the Pawns in this game. You love to sit from a 1,000 miles away and preach to me what I see, hear and feel every day. This thread will end like all the rest. The only reason I wasted my time in responding was in answer to your taunt that every one is silent on the Martime Park Issue.

Slam Dunk 360 Parking lot at 4:23 Sunday.

[img]Winter Wonderland......can you say slam dunk........ 11rg3rl[/img]

I had to go see a friend in the area. Just thought I would share a photo of the throngs of people.

2seaoat

1 mile or 800 miles......folks enjoying Thanksgiving dinner in a new facility and clearly telling people that it is better than the past is either slanted reporting......or maybe that reporter is getting treatment up here at Northwestern.....and is well.......out of touch. Nope the waterfront is being enjoyed by the public, folks who need help are in a new facility, and exciting things are going to happen the next two years along main street and old stinky's footprint........if you think the old woodframe mission was better than the new mission.....and if you think that this was simply a matter of folks hiding the homeless.....we disagree. When I would go to Patti's and see the wasteland, the homeless, the sewer plant, and the garbage and overgrowth.....yep, I am pretty certain that even from 800 miles.....it was a 360 slam dunk......but I am hoping I can check out my house around Christmas.....and maybe have my wife snap a photo of old seaoat skating, maybe I will get my fishing pole.....maybe just a blanket to enjoy the bay....get up nice and close......and then post.......slam dunk my friend......simply a beautiful place for the public.

Good deal You will not have any trouble parking............

Remember this was supposed to be a viable business generating money. Now it is just Studers toy and he dribbles out these events to keep the natives happy. No money being made, just more of the same. Did you address the issue of Ice skating at the civic center? You see what you want to see. I would bet that Studer Stadium is bleeding money. But who knows? the lack of any public records should be a warning sign.
Take care I am finished..............

2seaoat

Well your finished.......but last time I checked it was November and this thread is alive and well......it kind of makes my argument......but I will wait until the next exciting PNJ story about the park and irritate some folks....but heck my pleasures are few and simple these days......Skating on the new day.....where is Eagle when you need him........

LOL Yep Made a to of money. Entire off season brought in 76,000 in revenue. Less than 10 days of the cost of the stadium?park

From Ricks Blog Quoting Randy Oliver
“The goal being to make it so the operation portion of the site is totally self sufficient,” Oliver explained. “It wasn’t intended to cover the debt service, but it was intended to cover operations.

So I summize the damn thing is not even covering operational expenses?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum