Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final presidential poll: who will you vote for?

+8
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
gulfbeachbandit
Captn Kaoz
Sal
Nekochan
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will you vote for?

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap44%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 44% [ 14 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% [ 16 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Margin Call

Margin Call

nsureme wrote:

I'm pretty partial to my avatar. Besides, the whole choosing someones avatar thing just seems a little juvenile to me.

Juvenile?

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 6oes

Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:

I'm pretty partial to my avatar. Besides, the whole choosing someones avatar thing just seems a little juvenile to me.

Juvenile?

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 6oes

Not implying that you are juvenile. The whole picking the avatar thing just seems silly to me. Maybe I'm just old.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Uh oh. Looks like my vote has just invalidated the thread title. lol

edit: I may be senile because now I'm not sure what the thread title was before I voted. Earlier it had announced a winner. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Uh oh. Looks like my vote has just invalidated the thread title. lol

edit: I may be senile because now I'm not sure what the thread title was before I voted. Earlier it had announced a winner. lol

Too late, Bob. The official endorsement has been made. You have been disenfranchised.

Sal

Sal

nsureme wrote:
salinsky wrote:Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation.

The only large polling firm that does so is Rasmussen.

This is because party affiliation is fluid, not static.

If there was an enthusiasm gap in favor of the Republicans it would be showing up in the polls.

It has not.

Whether or not pollsters standardize by party isn't the issue. If you look at the numbers of many polls you will see that they poll more self identified democrats then republicans. I'm curious about how you came to the conclusion that party affiliation is fluid. Are you suggesting that large numbers of people change party affiliation on a regular basis?

People are more willing to answer polls and self-identify when they are enthusiastic about their candidate.

When they are ambivalent, they are less likely to answer the polls and self-identify.

It's just basic human nature.

This explains why the polls seemed to more heavily sample Dems after an exciting DNCC, seemed more heavily weighted toward Repukes after a strong first debate, and evened out since then.

Margin Call

Margin Call

salinsky wrote:
nsureme wrote:
salinsky wrote:Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation.

The only large polling firm that does so is Rasmussen.

This is because party affiliation is fluid, not static.

If there was an enthusiasm gap in favor of the Republicans it would be showing up in the polls.

It has not.

Whether or not pollsters standardize by party isn't the issue. If you look at the numbers of many polls you will see that they poll more self identified democrats then republicans. I'm curious about how you came to the conclusion that party affiliation is fluid. Are you suggesting that large numbers of people change party affiliation on a regular basis?

People are more willing to answer polls and self-identify when they are enthusiastic about their candidate.

When they are ambivalent, they are less likely to answer the polls and self-identify.

It's just basic human nature.

This explains why the polls seemed to more heavily sample Dems after an exciting DNCC, seemed more heavily weighted toward Repukes after a strong first debate, and evened out since then.

This should be captured in the margin of error.

Nate Silver makes adjustments for this phenomenon by examining the polling trendlines.

Dreamsglore wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hey, I wonder if PaceDog voted for Romney in your poll with both of his socks?

You know he did just like the others ones did. Honesty is not in republicans vocabulary.

Wrong answer loser. I don't have a sock anyhow. Of course, we have seen in the last few months congress member's sons and daughters on video talking to people about voting twice and said members had a (D) behind their name.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:It'll be close, but early voting in Hillsborough and Pasco has already set records, and as the I4 corridor goes, so goes FLA.

Care to make our own personal bet? Avatars for a month. Winner picks the losers avatar. Just for Florida's electoral votes.

A deciscion sooner is better then later sal. Tuesday is too late.
Thinking? tic toc.

It's only an avatar bet sal. Not liking I'm asking you to man up and meet face to face or anything. You can still post your idiotic dribble. Only with an avatar that matches your character.

You're on, c-face.

Why don't you want to meet me face-to-face?

I already offered to provide you my personal info for less than half of what you were offering others for it.

I'll be in Jax on Tuesday.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

It's close but I have an avatar picked out for you already. I hope you enjoy it.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nsureme wrote:

Not implying that you are juvenile. The whole picking the avatar thing just seems silly to me. Maybe I'm just old.

Poopy head!

Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:

Poopy head!

I was wrong. You are juvenile.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:

Poopy head!

I was wrong. You are juvenile.

Yet I'm far more discerning of the political, social and economic mood of this country. You need to re-evaluate...and lighten up.

Margin Call

Margin Call

"1. Process Matters:

Sharp data analysis beats squishy feelings. The accuracy of a handful of statisticians versus the bloviating punditry is for me, the single most dramatic storyline of the election. Nate Silver showed data, logical reasoning and mathematics outperform “gut feel” and instinct."

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/11/lessons-from-2012-election/

Sal

Sal

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:It'll be close, but early voting in Hillsborough and Pasco has already set records, and as the I4 corridor goes, so goes FLA.

Care to make our own personal bet? Avatars for a month. Winner picks the losers avatar. Just for Florida's electoral votes.

Thinking? tic toc.

It's only an avatar bet sal. Not liking I'm asking you to man up and meet face to face or anything. You can still post your idiotic dribble. Only with an avatar that matches your character.

You're on, c-face.

I already offered to provide you my personal info for less than half of what you were offering others for it.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

It's close but I have an avatar picked out for you already. I hope you enjoy it.

You want to concede now, or wait for the recount?

Very Happy

Sal

Sal

salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Thinking? tic toc.

You're on, c-face.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

Very Happy

Ghandi?

Anybody seen, Ghandi?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Thinking? tic toc.

You're on, c-face.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

Very Happy

Ghandi?

Anybody seen, Ghandi?

Lets wait till it's been officially called.

Sal

Sal

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Thinking? tic toc.

You're on, c-face.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

Very Happy

Ghandi?

Anybody seen, Ghandi?

Lets wait till it's been officially called.

ruh roh ...

President Barack Obama’s lead over Republican Mitt Romney has climbed slightly to 55,2814 votes according to the Florida Division of Elections, though absentee ballots are still being tallied in four counties.

As of noon., the Division of Elections reported just under 8.4 million ballots were cast and Obama has won 49.9 percent to Romney’s 49.2 percent.

The final four counties still counting absentee ballots are mostly Democratic leaning regions, meaning it is unlikely for Romney to make up the 55,000 vote gap. Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Duval are the four counties still tallying absentee ballots. Obama won all but Duval County.

http://politics.heraldtribune.com/2012/11/08/florida-still-not-called-obama-leading-romney-in-florida-by-53k/

Sal

Sal

Uh oh ...

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 Screen11

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney’s campaign conceded on Thursday that it lost Florida, as votes continue to be tallied more than 36 hours after the election was called for President Barack Obama.

"The numbers in Florida show this was winnable," Brett Doster, Romney's senior adviser in Florida, told the Miami Herald in a statement. "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn't, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won't happen again.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/mitt-romney-florida_n_2094638.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

salinsky wrote:Uh oh ...

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 Screen11

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney’s campaign conceded on Thursday that it lost Florida, as votes continue to be tallied more than 36 hours after the election was called for President Barack Obama.

"The numbers in Florida show this was winnable," Brett Doster, Romney's senior adviser in Florida, told the Miami Herald in a statement. "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn't, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won't happen again.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/mitt-romney-florida_n_2094638.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

A landslide best described with a picture....

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 Dirt-shoveling-landslide

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 Screen12

Very Happy

Sal

Sal

Are you ready for it now, Ghandi?

Very Happy

Sal

Sal

Please place this link into "link to an off-site avatar" option at your earliest convenience.

http://reason.com/assets/mc/mwelch/2011_04/Obama_blingee.gif

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 3 Obama_blingee

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:Please place this link into "link to an off-site avatar" option at your earliest convenience.

That's your choice?
I overestimated you. But not by much.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:
salinsky wrote:Please place this link into "link to an off-site avatar" option at your earliest convenience.

That's your choice?

LOL!

A welcher ... who woulda guessed it?

Last edited by Ghandi_is_my_bitch on 11/12/2012, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
salinski wrote:

That's your choice?

LOL!

A welcher ... woulda guessed it?

You and wtm use the same exact words. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Again, how did I welch? The bet was avatars for a month. Did I welch? NO.
Your avatar, your name. Not a welch. retard.

Sal

Sal

salinski wrote:
salinsky wrote:
salinski wrote:

That's your choice?

LOL!

A welcher ... woulda guessed it?

You and wtm use the same exact words. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Again, how did I welch? The bet was avatars for a month. Did I welch? NO.
Your avatar, your name. Not a welch. retard.

Two people know the term "welcher"?? What are the odds?

Changing your ID to one nearly identical to mine violates the spirit of the wager.

You are even lower than Chrissy ... vulgar, stupid, offensive, bigoted, but at least she's not a welcher.

Don't worry. No one expected better from you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum