Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final presidential poll: who will you vote for?

+8
Joanimaroni
othershoe1030
ZVUGKTUBM
gulfbeachbandit
Captn Kaoz
Sal
Nekochan
boards of FL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who will you vote for?

Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 44% [ 14 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% [ 16 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% [ 2 ]
Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Final presidential poll:  who will you vote for? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Obama has 11 votes and we know he won't win in Escambia County. So which Dems on here are cheating?

Posters on this forum do not mirror the population of the panhandle. No one is cheating unless socks are involved.
I voted for Obama. Let all other voters verify too. Do we need a photo ID? Just kidding!

>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dittos.....in real life AND on this ridiculous little poll.

I get a real kick knowing that my wife and I canceled out 2 of the wingnuts on this forum.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Obama has 11 votes and we know he won't win in Escambia County. So which Dems on here are cheating?

Posters on this forum do not mirror the population of the panhandle. No one is cheating unless socks are involved.
I voted for Obama. Let all other voters verify too. Do we need a photo ID? Just kidding!

I voted for Romney.

ghandi wrote:
Rogue wrote:
ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:It'll be close, but early voting in Hillsborough and Pasco has already set records, and as the I4 corridor goes, so goes FLA.

Care to make our own personal bet? Avatars for a month. Winner picks the losers avatar. Just for Florida's electoral votes.

A deciscion sooner is better then later sal. Tuesday is too late.
Thinking? tic toc.

It's only an avatar bet sal. Not liking I'm asking you to man up and meet face to face or anything. You can still post your idiotic dribble. Only with an avatar that matches your character.

I'm sure sal will take you up on the bet. He wouldnt want to be a pussy.
Care to bet on that?

my avatar is already on a bet. but im sure youre right anyway. he probaly will be a pussy

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I voted for Romney.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Good for you....Honest and straightforward.

I'm curious about something that no Catholic I know wishes to discuss. As a self professed Catholic, how do you feel about Romney denying the Virgin Birth of Jesus and denying the Holy Trinity....two of the basic Tenets of Catholic dogma...? As a Mormon Bishop, Mitt is more than aware and totally aligned with that little slice of blasphemous heresy.

insert segue...

From the pulpit this morning, my pastor engaged in shameless electioneering, and went to great lengths shilling for Romney in a not so subtle way, abusing the power vested in him to be my, and several hundred other people's, Spiritual leader. When he asked the congregation to come down to the alter en mass to pray that "the right man" is elected and the sheep started streaming down the aisles....I quietly exited the auditorium.

It will not sully my faith in him.....I'll be back there next Sunday, but I will definitely discuss his actions in private. His usual messages are straight outta the Bible, discussing Salvation by Grace through faith, and I look forward to hearing him speak. But I don't attend that church to be instructed on who I should vote for in the Presidential election.

As someone I admire, he disappointed me...however, this too shall pass.

Nekochan

Nekochan

There are Romney signs all over yards here in Huntsville. Today, I saw one with an with an empty chair sitting next to it. I have not seen even one Obama sign in anyone's yard here. The only Obama signs I've seen was when we were in Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago. Once in a while I'll see a car here with an Obama sticker on it. But no yard signs. Interestingly, the Romney supporters here do not put stickers on their cars.
I'll vote for Romney on Tuesday but I know that in Alabama, my vote doesn't mean as much as it would in Florida. Alabama will go to Romney with or without my vote.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:There are Romney signs all over yards here in Huntsville. Today, I saw one with an with an empty chair sitting next to it. I have not seen even one Obama sign in anyone's yard here. The only Obama signs I've seen was when we were in Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago. Once in a while I'll see a car here with an Obama sticker on it. But no yard signs. Interestingly, the Romney supporters here do not put stickers on their cars.
I'll vote for Romney on Tuesday but I know that in Alabama, my vote doesn't mean as much as it would in Florida. Alabama will go to Romney with or without my vote.
Romney signs all over my area...but I did see two Obama signs.

Sal

Sal

ghandi wrote:
salinsky wrote:It'll be close, but early voting in Hillsborough and Pasco has already set records, and as the I4 corridor goes, so goes FLA.

Care to make our own personal bet? Avatars for a month. Winner picks the losers avatar. Just for Florida's electoral votes.

Thinking? tic toc.

It's only an avatar bet sal. Not liking I'm asking you to man up and meet face to face or anything. You can still post your idiotic dribble. Only with an avatar that matches your character.

You're on, c-face.

Why don't you want to meet me face-to-face?

I already offered to provide you my personal info for less than half of what you were offering others for it.

I'll be in Jax on Tuesday.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

salinsky wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Thinking? tic toc.

You're on, c-face.

Why don't you want to meet me face-to-face?

I already offered to provide you my personal info for less than half of what you were offering others for it.

I'll be in Jax on Tuesday.

Wanna shake hands?

Very Happy

I have a JOB and can't be in jax on Tuesday.
Let me know when you come to Pensacola. You know, where this forum is .

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I don't think it's any secret here that I voted for Obama.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well damn. Obama is winning the vote on here.
Dems, please only vote once!

W_T_M wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I voted for Romney.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Good for you....Honest and straightforward.

I'm curious about something that no Catholic I know wishes to discuss. As a self professed Catholic, how do you feel about Romney denying the Virgin Birth of Jesus and denying the Holy Trinity....two of the basic Tenets of Catholic dogma...? As a Mormon Bishop, Mitt is more than aware and totally aligned with that little slice of blasphemous heresy.

insert segue...

From the pulpit this morning, my pastor engaged in shameless electioneering, and went to great lengths shilling for Romney in a not so subtle way, abusing the power vested in him to be my, and several hundred other people's, Spiritual leader. When he asked the congregation to come down to the alter en mass to pray that "the right man" is elected and the sheep started streaming down the aisles....I quietly exited the auditorium.

It will not sully my faith in him.....I'll be back there next Sunday, but I will definitely discuss his actions in private. His usual messages are straight outta the Bible, discussing Salvation by Grace through faith, and I look forward to hearing him speak. But I don't attend that church to be instructed on who I should vote for in the Presidential election.

As someone I admire, he disappointed me...however, this too shall pass.

This from Mormon Doctrine.

"Our Lord is the only mortal person ever born to a virgin, because he is the only person who ever had an immortal Father." (Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed., p. 822)

VectorMan

VectorMan

I already voted against Obama.

Romney 311
Obama 227

nsureme wrote:Romney 311
Obama 227

In your dreams.

boards of FL wrote:Who will you vote for?

NONE OF THE ABOVE (but you already knew that, didn't you?), and I already voted.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Obama 227

Based on what? The aggregate polling data indicates the exact opposite!

Margin Call wrote:
Obama 227

I didn't make my prediction based solely on public polling. Many factors influenced my opinion....state of the economy, unemployment rate, level of enthusiasm, realization by many "independents" that voting for President Obama in 2008 was a mistake, results of the 2010 election, etc.

As for public polls, I believe they are skewed too far towards the D's. Most of them are over sampling democrats and in some cases by more than 2008 turnout.

I'd be interested to see your prediction of the electoral college results and your rationale.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Obama 227

I didn't make my prediction based solely on public polling. Many factors influenced my opinion....state of the economy, unemployment rate, level of enthusiasm, realization by many "independents" that voting for President Obama in 2008 was a mistake, results of the 2010 election, etc.

So, what do you think polls represent if not a reflection of opinions about the variables you mentioned?

nsureme wrote:As for public polls, I believe they are skewed too far towards the D's. Most of them are over sampling democrats and in some cases by more than 2008 turnout.

I'd be interested to see your prediction of the electoral college results and your rationale.

The collective state and national polling indicates Obama will have over 300 electoral votes. I have no other information on which to make a guess.

My guess: the exact opposite of yours. What's the wager?

Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Obama 227

So, what do you think polls represent if not a reflection of opinions about the variables you mentioned?

nsureme wrote:As for public polls, I believe they are skewed too far towards the D's. Most of them are over sampling democrats and in some cases by more than 2008 turnout.

The collective state and national polling indicates Obama will have over 300 electoral votes. I have no other information on which to make a guess.

Assuming that the people polled answer truthfully, they reflect opinions of those polled and people with similar opinions. However, a poll can only show the collective opinion of the majority of people if they happen to poll based on who actually shows up to vote. I believe Romney has the advantage in voter enthusiasm and thus voter turnout.

I'll wager you a lunch if you live in the Pensacola area.

Sal

Sal

Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation.

The only large polling firm that does so is Rasmussen.

This is because party affiliation is fluid, not static.

If there was an enthusiasm gap in favor of the Republicans it would be showing up in the polls.

It has not.

salinsky wrote:Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation.

The only large polling firm that does so is Rasmussen.

This is because party affiliation is fluid, not static.

If there was an enthusiasm gap in favor of the Republicans it would be showing up in the polls.

It has not.

Whether or not pollsters standardize by party isn't the issue. If you look at the numbers of many polls you will see that they poll more self identified democrats then republicans. I'm curious about how you came to the conclusion that party affiliation is fluid. Are you suggesting that large numbers of people change party affiliation on a regular basis?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Odds makers in Vegas and London have Obama winning and they are talking about cold hard cash which in this venue is quite objective.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Obama 227

Assuming that the people polled answer truthfully, they reflect opinions of those polled and people with similar opinions. However, a poll can only show the collective opinion of the majority of people if they happen to poll based on who actually shows up to vote. I believe Romney has the advantage in voter enthusiasm and thus voter turnout.

But the work of someone like Nate Silver uses every state and national poll and his analysis pegs 314 EC votes for Obama. The likelihood of all of the polls being erroneously skewed in Obama's favor is statistically not in your favor.

How about the winner picks the losers avatar or signature line for a month?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The Sunday Morning Show on CBS had a segment on Nate Silver explaining how he comes up with his numbers. It is sort of like the movie Money Ball where they let the numbers and not the emotions about the players determine who to buy.

Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nsureme wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Obama 227

But the work of someone like Nate Silver uses every state and national poll and his analysis pegs 314 EC votes for Obama. The likelihood of all of the polls being erroneously skewed in Obama's favor is statistically not in your favor.

How about the winner picks the losers avatar or signature line for a month?

No denying that Nate was pretty accurate in 2008 and 2010. However, he still doesn't have a long term track record. As I stated earlier I'm not basing my opinion on the polling data but on many other factors. Right now we are all just making a guess and obviously our guess is influenced by our political preferences. Hopefully, we will have an answer tonight or in the morning and then we can all move onto other things.

I'm pretty partial to my avatar. Besides, the whole choosing someones avatar thing just seems a little juvenile to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum