Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats Debate lineup

+6
Telstar
bigdog
Sal
RealLindaL
zsomething
othershoe1030
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 20]

451Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 11/18/2019, 1:10 pm

Sal

Sal

Old Joe going after the yutes ...

Former Vice President Joe Biden defended his reasoning to not legalize marijuana on a federal level if elected president, saying there is not “enough evidence” as to “whether or not it is a gateway drug.”

Speaking at a town hall in Las Vegas on Saturday, the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate said whether the U.S. should legalize cannabis on a federal level is still up for debate as far as he is concerned.

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” Biden said, according to Business Insider. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/470861-biden-says-he-wont-legalize-marijuana-because-it-may-be-a-gateway-drug

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

452Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 11/20/2019, 12:52 pm

zsomething

I like Joe, but he does make a helluva lot of missteps. I don't really care about marijuana (I don't even drink), but he's definitely out of touch there.

453Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 12/20/2019, 11:09 am

Telstar

Telstar

I thought Slow Joe had his best night last night. Amy Klobuchar did well too.

454Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 12/20/2019, 11:45 am

Sal

Sal

“Billionaires in wine caves should not pick the next president of the United States.”

455Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 12/20/2019, 2:25 pm

zsomething

Sal wrote:“Billionaires in wine caves should not pick the next president of the United States.”

Yeah, it's tactically much better to face a billionaire-backed opponent with no funds but a bunch of un-spendable "nobility."

I like Elizabeth Warren fine, but when it comes to funding a war chest, she is an absolutely packed-out-maximum full of shit idiot. Don't turn down money in politics. It doesn't mean you gotta do 'em a favor, it just means you can buy more ammo. This is fucking WAR, it's not some kum-by-ya drum-circle horseshit. "Purity" doesn't buy ads. And the people she's trying to appeal to don't even fucking vote half the time. I run into more goddamn hippies who aren't even registered that it's hilarious.

456Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 12/20/2019, 6:58 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
Sal wrote:“Billionaires in wine caves should not pick the next president of the United States.”

Yeah, it's tactically much better to face a billionaire-backed opponent with no funds but a bunch of un-spendable "nobility."

I like Elizabeth Warren fine, but when it comes to funding a war chest, she is an absolutely packed-out-maximum full of shit idiot.  Don't turn down money in politics.   It doesn't mean you gotta do 'em a favor, it just means you can buy more ammo.   This is fucking WAR, it's not some kum-by-ya drum-circle horseshit.  "Purity" doesn't buy ads.  And the people she's trying to appeal to don't even fucking vote half the time.  I run into more goddamn hippies who aren't even registered that it's hilarious.

Yeah them Mississippi hippies are wild just wild.

Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Haley_10

457Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/19/2020, 11:44 am

Telstar

Telstar

Expect tonight to be everybody against Iron Mike. Bernie may explain why his spokesperson said Mike had multiple heart attacks when in reality, unlike Bernie, he never had one. I hope they ask if they will show their tax returns to the public and if they will put Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill ( great question since this is Black History Month) while removing the racist puss of POTUS Andrew Jackson from the bill. Not that I care about their answer but it's a great way to remind everyone that the IPOTUS we have now is against both of these things.

458Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/19/2020, 11:56 am

zsomething

Bernie's spokesperson was ridiculous, claiming that the very-much-reasonable request to see the medical records of an almost 80-year-old man who recently had a heart attack is comparable to "birtherism." It's that cult mentality again -- to question the anointed one at all renders one apostate. The more I deal with these true-believer goofs, the less confidence I have that they are in any way ready for the hell that the Republicans are gonna unleash on their protected little gnome.

Bloomberg's a scuzz, but if it's him or Trump, I'll pick him. Again, I'll pick anybody over Trump.

Watched most of the town halls last night. Bernie gave his usual boring non-point answers. The man cannot get away from his pet obsessions. If you ask him what his favorite kind of doughnut is, somehow he's going to find a way to complain about billionaires.

Mayor Pete was really good. Dropped a few opportunities to be more funny and personable, but he gave good answers and took some good shots at Trump.

Klobachar was also really good. Her delivery may put some off, but she comes across as sincere and knowledgeable. She had a few awkward moments in there (a "remember that one time I got in a good zinger on Twitter?" thing was absolutely painful), but, that's no big deal.

Hopefully Biden will do well tonight. And I know Warren will do well... she always does. It's too bad she's not getting more attention. She should be, but, fuckin' Bernie's gotta wreck everything.

459Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/19/2020, 5:19 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

zsomething wrote:

I like Elizabeth Warren fine, but when it comes to funding a war chest, she is an absolutely packed-out-maximum full of shit idiot.  Don't turn down money in politics.   It doesn't mean you gotta do 'em a favor, it just means you can buy more ammo.   This is fucking WAR, it's not some kum-by-ya drum-circle horseshit.  "Purity" doesn't buy ads.  And the people she's trying to appeal to don't even fucking vote half the time.  I run into more goddamn hippies who aren't even registered that it's hilarious.

All the polls show the Democrats total main and only aim is to get DJT out of the WH. I agree! We need to be ruthless, no more purity tests and Marquis of Queensberry Rules BS. I think most people don't follow this as closely as those who post here but surely there is a national fatigue from the daily, if not hourly cluster that is this abominable administration?

If Mike can attract the black vote and get out the Hispanic and Independent voters I also think we have a good change of attracting the Republicans that have been run off by this mess. I hope for a courageous moderate.  

I heard, possibly on Bill Maher's show, that Bloomberg has hired an expert in narcissism and also a comedy writer to team up to create things that will get inside the Grifter-in-Chief's head and make him even more crazy. This is no time to mess about! Mike never hesitates to cut him to the quick whenever possible and people love it.

Donald made some remark on Twitter the other day and Bloomberg responded with: What did the Impeached President say? The guy needs to be put in his place!

460Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 12:48 am

Telstar

Telstar

Looks like Warren showed up at the debate with a knife and handed Mike his own nuts.

461Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 1:26 am

Telstar

Telstar

Andrew Yang is on CNN saying that Bloomberg told donors to back off because he's got this. After tonight I'll bet some of those donors are thinking of Warren, not Bloomberg.

462Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 2:03 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Looks like Warren showed up at the debate with a knife and handed Mike his own nuts.

And you approved of this???   I thought she was sickening -- but then, frankly, so was everyone else in the debate.  I think I'll go take a long walk off a short pier.   Disgusted and depressed.  Good night.

463Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 2:50 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:Looks like Warren showed up at the debate with a knife and handed Mike his own nuts.

And you approved of this???   I thought she was sickening -- but then, frankly, so was everyone else in the debate.  I think I'll go take a long walk off a short pier.   Disgusted and depressed.  Good night.

Sleep tight. Love Ironed Mike's money but I love seeing a smug rich bastard get the shit knocked out of him even more.

Love that eye roll thing Mikey does. Rolling Eyes  LOL.

Last edited by Telstar on 2/20/2020, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

464Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 10:39 am

zsomething

I didn't watch the debate because I was making up for about a two-week sleep deficit that'd been messing with me, so I turned in a 5:30 PM and woke up at 6 a.m. Yay! But, from what I caught on the news this morning, Warren did some curb-stompin'. Good. I still am not committed to any certain candidate -- I'm kinda a BidenWarrenKlobacharPete guy, I like all of 'em -- but Warren is edging up there. I'm starting to feel like she could actually beat Trump.

We probably won't get to find out, though, because of that miserable old fool every moron's so in love with. God, I hate personality cults, whether they're ours or theirs.

465Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 1:09 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:

What sickened you?

That Bloomberg's plan to just buy the nomination was challenged by of all things, a woman????

Enjoy your walk.

466Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 5:46 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What sickened you?

That Bloomberg's plan to just buy the nomination was challenged by of all things, a woman????

Enjoy your walk.

Thanks, sweetheart, but obviously your reading comprehension skills are minimal at best. What don't you understand about the fact that EVERYONE in the debate sickened me? No sex discrimination - ALL of them. Get it now?? It was a pitiful demonstration of childish infighting, and they all looked like jerks.

467Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/20/2020, 6:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What sickened you?

Enjoy your walk.

Thanks, sweetheart, but obviously your reading comprehension skills are minimal at best.   What don't you understand about the fact that EVERYONE in the debate sickened me?   No sex discrimination - ALL of them.  Get it now??   It was a pitiful demonstration of childish infighting, and they all looked like jerks.

It's still early. Take something to settle your stomach and come back for the next debate.

468Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/21/2020, 6:18 pm

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:It's still early. Take something to settle your stomach and come back for the next debate.

I fully intend to stay engaged, thank you very much. It doesn't mean I don't think the candidates' performance in this debate was patently pitiful.

469Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/21/2020, 6:39 pm

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:It's still early. Take something to settle your stomach and come back for the next debate.

I fully intend to stay engaged, thank you very much.  It doesn't mean I don't think the candidates' performance in this debate was patently pitiful.

Good. So stick around and try the next debate. Smile

470Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/22/2020, 2:11 am

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I fully intend to stay engaged, thank you very much.  It doesn't mean I don't think the candidates' performance in this debate was patently pitiful.

Sorry if my "staying engaged" wasn't specific enough. Just to be clear: I have watched every debate (and many town halls) in this race to date and intend to continue doing so. I'll be hoping for far better performances by Bloomberg going forward, starting with his first town hall on CNN at 7 p.m. CST Monday 2/24, and of course the next candidates debate, hosted by CBS and the Congressional Black Caucus on Tuesday 2/25 at 7 - 9 p.m. CST.

OK?

471Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/22/2020, 4:15 am

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Sorry if my "staying engaged" wasn't specific enough.   Just to be clear: I have watched every debate (and many town halls) in this race to date and intend to continue doing so.  I'll be hoping for far better performances by Bloomberg going forward, starting with his first town hall on CNN at 7 p.m. CST Monday 2/24, and of course the next candidates debate, hosted by CBS and the Congressional Black Caucus on Tuesday 2/25  at 7 - 9 p.m. CST.

OK?

Yup. I'll be hoping for better performances from the sneaky billionaire bastard myself. Still not sure if he will open up his tax returns to the public or keep them covered up like IPOTUS has. He should have had a better answer about those NDA's but he has that eye roll thing down pat. Rolling Eyes

472Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/24/2020, 3:13 pm

Sal

Sal

I watched Sanders' interview on 60 Minutes

It was not good.

If he can't even handle Anderson Cooper, the Republicans will completely dismantle him.

473Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/24/2020, 3:23 pm

zsomething

Sal wrote:I watched Sanders' interview on 60 Minutes

It was not good.

If he can't even handle Anderson Cooper, the Republicans will completely dismantle him.

And that was the mild stuff. With that stuff leaked out early, you gotta know they have ammo crates full of far juicer stuff. Bernie was a Commie-enchanted egghead and he's never had a clue how smart he isn't, so he's gonna have run his mouth on tape, a lot.

His supporters are so used to Bernie being treated like a soap bubble at they claimed 60 Minutes was a "hit job." Asking somebody to explain how they're going to finance their plans, or confronting them with something they once said (and then having them respond by doubling down on the stupidity of it rather than retract it) isn't a "hit." There was nothing in there that Bernie shouldn't have expected to have to field. And yet, he flopped.

Dude's been spoiled. And his supporters have gotten used to just laughing off every criticism of him, like "nobody's going to care about that." They're diddy-bopping right into a big killbox ambush and they have no clue what's going to come at 'em. None. And, unfortunately, they're going to drag all the rest of us -- and Democracy itself -- with 'em. All because they don't wanna deny some old hippie his dream.

I'm wavering between being really pissed off about 'em, and just sighing and giving up on 'em. I'll vote, no matter what, and then I guess I'll just keep going to work and try to stay bunkered down and read my books and watch Rockford and Gunsmoke and what-not for the next four years instead of the news, see if the madness out there will pass. Maybe coronavirus will kill us all off. Bring it on.

474Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/24/2020, 5:36 pm

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:I'm wavering between being really pissed off about 'em, and just sighing and giving up on 'em.  I'll vote, no matter what, and then I guess I'll just keep going to work and try to stay bunkered down and read my books and watch Rockford and Gunsmoke and what-not for the next four years instead of the news, see if the madness out there will pass.   Maybe coronavirus will kill us all off.  Bring it on.

Pretty much where I'm at as well, z. It's pretty horrifying, but I guess we'll live. Sort of.

475Democrats Debate lineup - Page 19 Empty Re: Democrats Debate lineup 2/25/2020, 2:49 am

Telstar

Telstar

Is it true that there is a new virus that slowly eats away at the brain and not the body? Must be true. Just look at these virus victims in the penis peninsula state.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum