Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings?

+11
polecat
EmeraldGhost
Sal
Telstar
zsomething
ConservaLady
Deus X
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

2seaoat

Florida is the battle ground for the 2020 election, and Puerto Ricans who are being forced out of Florida to get their Fema benefits. Almost 200 thousand piszed off Puerto Ricans have a right to vote in the Florida election, but instead of a national movement to get these folks registered and voting early, the Republicans know that Democrats are stupid. NOTHING is being done by the Democrats, and Puerto Ricans are packing up and going home where their vote means NOTHING. If only twenty five thousand of these voters vote, the senate seat may be secure and the governor who will be doing redistricting in 2020 needs to off set gerrymandering of Florida.

Nothing. Crickets as people are desperate as FEMA abandons them, and insists that they leave Florida to get their benefits, but they lose their residency and their vote where it matters.......and what are Democrats doing......show boating their impotency and making Rachel Maddow happy as a pig in chit as the minutia becomes the focus as what really matters in elections goes totally ignored.

You cannot handicap stupidity. Trump grows in strength because of utter incompetency of the Democratic Party, and mark my words.......there will be no huge blue wave. There will be some gains in the house but in the end the Republicans will own democrats in the lead up to 2020. Nobody can argue with the economic success of stealing from average Americans and giving the wealthy all the booty......but translating that into votes would require competency.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Florida is the battle ground for the 2020 election, and Puerto Ricans who are being forced out of Florida to get their Fema benefits.  Almost 200 thousand piszed off Puerto Ricans have a right to vote in the Florida election, but instead of a national movement to get these folks registered and voting early, the Republicans know that Democrats are stupid.  NOTHING is being done by the Democrats, and Puerto Ricans are packing up and going home where their vote means NOTHING.   If only twenty five thousand of these voters vote, the senate seat may be secure and the governor who will be doing redistricting in 2020 needs to off set gerrymandering of Florida.

Nothing.  Crickets as people are desperate as FEMA abandons them, and insists that they leave Florida to get their benefits, but they lose their residency and their vote where it matters.......and what are Democrats doing......show boating their impotency and making Rachel Maddow happy as a pig in chit as the minutia becomes the focus as what really matters in elections goes totally ignored.

You cannot handicap stupidity.   Trump grows in strength because of utter incompetency of the Democratic Party, and mark my words.......there will be no huge blue wave.  There will be some gains in the house but in the end the Republicans will own democrats in the lead up to 2020.  Nobody can argue with the economic success of stealing from average Americans and giving the wealthy all the booty......but translating that into votes would require competency.

Ah ... I don't know.  What's the actual voting turnout rate for that demographic?  (displaced Puerto Ricans, I mean)

It'd be fine with me if that island voted for independence anyway.

2seaoat

The republicans who actually are constantly calculating how to win election decided that they needed to break all rules with FEMA which instead of being an agency to help people get back on its feet has been politicized where folks who got two years of housing in Katrina are suddenly being told you get benefits if you leave Florida and do not vote in a State where your votes will change the outcome. This is outrageous, but please show me where it is in the news...nothing because the Democrats in utter fuzzy headed incompetence think they are going to stop a nomination, and that getting close is a good thing along with participation ribbons for showing up for the game. This confirmation hearing is the crown of impotency for the democratic party. I may be one lone voice, but I see clearly what is coming.......repeat of 2016. No blue wave will take the senate, and I personally do not think the house will be taken back without huge changes in voter turnout, and the most significant state in the nation on electing the next President has impotent democrats doing nothing on the Puerto Rican vote.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:Oh please.....stop the hysteria.  I have a strong wife and daughter and in this hysterical environment that women are these tremendous fragile beings who need special protections......watch a lioness in nature deal with unwanted advances from a male lion.  I believe every word that she has said.  I also understand that sexual assault is now becoming a given, but having dealt with the same in the criminal justice system for almost forty years, I find the naive understanding of the law to be hysterical.  Please I do not deserve one person's respect if the litmus test is becoming a lemming where in a Rachel Maddow moment, somebody actually thinks this will be relevant.  It is not.  The confirmation is a slam dunk.   The funny thing is that this same Hubris Michael Moore warned of as Hillary's paradigm  of Hubris has now spread to where the Democratic Party has lost their fricking minds......so desparate......I know the judge in boy scouts would put firecrackers in frogs and watch them blow up......o the horror as the animal rights groups demonstrate and try to convince America that a frog bomber cannot be nominated for the Supreme Court.   When people wake up after the mid terms, then tell me who you respect.  Until then I will call what is irrelevant as would any judge or fair person in America.  Attacking the victim is stupid.  She is telling the truth, but she might as well be telling us about her favorite rock band in High School.....important to her, but not relevant to a confirmation hearing.

Not relevant to a confirmation hearing? Of course, we all want Judges who have a history of sexual assault from their youth to sit on the highest court in the land. It really helps color their opinion in sexual assault cases and confirms that women should just get used to it. It's just something women need to deal with and be strong, right Oatie? I'm waiting for you next to say that about children so we can just rid society of these prohibitive taboos and encourage all our carnal impulses. Sick F*cker!

2seaoat

I'm waiting for you next to say that about children so we can just rid society of these prohibitive taboos and encourage all our carnal impulses. Sick F*cker!

More hysteria. First it was grouping, then it became attempted rape, then it became rape, and now it is the judge will support prohibitive taboos and encourage carnal impulses.......You just made my case. Fuzzy thinking and Rachel Maddow irrelevancy. Stupid adolescent behavior of unwanted advances from a drunk 17 year old is simply irrelevant to a senate confirmation hearing forty years later. He will be confirmed.

Deus X

Deus X

REPUBLICAN WOMEN ON KAVANAUGH ASSAULT CLAIMS: 'WHAT BOY HASN'T DONE THIS IN HIGH SCHOOL?'

A panel of Republican women have defended Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh following allegations of attempted sexual assault – with one posing the question “What 17-year-old boy hasn’t done this in high school?”

The panel, hosted by CNN, saw the women offer various defenses for Kavanaugh, who is accused by Christine Blasey Ford of an attack at a house party, from questioning the veracity of the allegations to suggesting his actions, if true, were representative of the behavior of most teenagers.

“How can we believe the word of a woman of something that happened 36 years ago. This guy has an impeccable reputation. There is nobody that has spoken ill will about him,” said one of the women, Lourdes Castillo de la Peña, who later added that she would back Kavanaugh even if the allegations proved true.

“As long as that’s an isolated incident, yes … If the person made a mistake and they’ve moved on and they have been a good human being, who are we to judge?” she said.

Another panelist, Gina Sosa, said of the allegations by Ford: “I mean, we’re talking about a 15-year-old girl, which I respect. I’m a woman. I respect. But we’re talking about a 17-year-old boy in high school with testosterone running high. Tell me, what boy hasn’t done this in high school?”

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-woman-kavanaugh-assault-claims-what-boy-hasnt-done-high-school-1134736

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:Trump could easily get re-elected if Demos go off the rails in the eyes of Mainstreet America in choosing their candidate.  They need to be paying attention what's palatable to voters in the Midwest ... and I got news for them ... it ain't the likes of Cory Booker.

Sad to say I agree - anyone resembling a leftist progressive is not the answer. Unless Booker does a whole heckuva lot of moderating in the very near future, he's a non-starter in my book.

Right now the country needs a return to sanity and at least a slim shot at re-uniting as Americans. That means centrist candidates on both sides, may it please the election gods.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: mark my words.......there will be no huge blue wave.

I'm marking your words but I think you may be dead wrong.   There are FAR more grass roots get-out-the-vote door-to-door efforts going on out there by the Dems than you're giving them credit for.

Now you just HAVE to live to November 6 and beyond, don't you?   Smile

2seaoat

Now you just HAVE to live to November 6 and beyond, don't you? Smile

Nope, I think I will be DEAD cinch correct by November 7th.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:The republicans who actually are constantly calculating how to win election decided that they needed to break all rules with FEMA which instead of being an agency to help people get back on its feet has been politicized where folks who got two years of housing in Katrina are suddenly being told you get benefits if you leave Florida and do not vote in a State where your votes will change the outcome.  This is outrageous, but please show me where it is in the news...nothing because the Democrats in utter fuzzy headed incompetence think they are going to stop a nomination, and that getting close is a good thing along with participation ribbons for showing up for the game.  This confirmation hearing is the crown of impotency for the democratic party.  I may be one lone voice, but I see clearly what is coming.......repeat of 2016.  No blue wave will take the senate, and I personally do not think the house will be taken back without huge changes in voter turnout, and the most significant state in the nation on electing the next President has impotent democrats doing nothing on the Puerto Rican vote.

REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SMARTER THAN DEMOCRATS, YOU IDIOT. Republicans are sneaky, vile and corrupt. You can KMA.

2seaoat

REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SMARTER THAN DEMOCRATS, YOU IDIOT. Republicans are sneaky, vile and corrupt. You can KMA.

By golly an acknowledgement of real world politics, but in the end the Republicans are MENSA compared to Hillary spending the last month in Arizona and Georgia, while never seeing Wisconsin......brilliant. As much as I hate what Donald Trump has done to America, I am more appalled by the utter failure of Democrats to connect to America. Hillary was on Rachel's show Friday and instead of putting her bruised ego on the shelf until after the mid terms....she is grabbing headlines and giving Trump's base more glue........No I agree with Michael Moore.....Trump will win and this blue wave is just more talk.....show me the voters and I will change my opinion.....but until then stop the fantasy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:REPUBLICANS ARE NOT SMARTER THAN DEMOCRATS, YOU IDIOT. Republicans are sneaky, vile and corrupt. You can KMA.

By golly an acknowledgement of real world politics, but in the end the Republicans are MENSA compared to Hillary spending the last month in Arizona and Georgia, while never seeing Wisconsin......brilliant.  As much as I hate what Donald Trump has done to America, I am more appalled by the utter failure of Democrats to connect to America.  Hillary was on Rachel's show Friday and instead of putting her bruised ego on the shelf until after the mid terms....she is grabbing headlines and giving Trump's base more glue........No I agree with Michael Moore.....Trump will win and this blue wave is just more talk.....show me the voters and I will change my opinion.....but until then stop the fantasy.

My ex was MENSA...also a complete jerk.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:By golly an acknowledgement of real world politics, but in the end the Republicans are MENSA compared to Hillary spending the last month in Arizona and Georgia, while never seeing Wisconsin......brilliant.  As much as I hate what Donald Trump has done to America, I am more appalled by the utter failure of Democrats to connect to America.  Hillary was on Rachel's show Friday and instead of putting her bruised ego on the shelf until after the mid terms....she is grabbing headlines and giving Trump's base more glue........No I agree with Michael Moore.....Trump will win and this blue wave is just more talk.....show me the voters and I will change my opinion.....but until then stop the fantasy.

GOP heading for midterm wipeout as 'blue wave' scenario gives Democrats a 12-point generic ballot lead: NBC-WSJ poll

Congressional Republicans are facing a mid-term election wipeout fueled by voter resistance to President Donald Trump, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The survey, six weeks before Americans head to the polls, shows Democrats leading Republicans by 52 percent to 40 percent for control of Congress. If it holds, that 12 percentage point margin would suggest a "blue wave" large enough to switch control of not just the House but also the Senate.

"The results could not be clearer about making a change in direction from Trump's policies," explained Bill McInturff, the Republican pollster who helps conduct the NBC/WSJ survey. "Once again, Americans are hitting the brakes in a mid-term."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/23/gop-eyes-midterm-disaster-democrats-take-12-point-lead-nbc-wsj-poll.html

2seaoat

sounds exactly like 2016.....Trump is so stupid and we are just smarter....yea....look we are 12 points ahead of Trump.........

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:sounds exactly like 2016.....Trump is so stupid and we are just smarter....yea....look we are 12 points ahead of Trump.........

I do acknowledge that polls can no longer be counted on thanks to the Trump win in 2016.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

RealLindaL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:Trump could easily get re-elected if Demos go off the rails in the eyes of Mainstreet America in choosing their candidate.  They need to be paying attention what's palatable to voters in the Midwest ... and I got news for them ... it ain't the likes of Cory Booker.

Sad to say I agree - anyone resembling a leftist progressive is not the answer.  Unless Booker does a whole heckuva lot of moderating in the very near future, he's a non-starter in my book.

Right now the country needs a return to sanity and at least a slim shot at re-uniting as Americans.  That means centrist candidates on both sides, may it please the election gods.

The Democrats would do well to look to somebody like Gov Bullock of Monatana or Gov Hickenlooper of Colorado for 2020, IMO.

Who knows ... they might even get my vote?  I tend to like Presidential candidates with a track record of actually governing, even if I might not agree with them 100% on every policy issue.

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:sounds exactly like 2016.....Trump is so stupid and we are just smarter....yea....look we are 12 points ahead of Trump.........

I do acknowledge that polls can no longer be counted on thanks to the Trump win in 2016.

I think the polls were correct. It was the Russians who fixed it differently.

RealLindaL

Listened carefully to Mayor Michael Bloomberg in his interview with Fareed Zakaria on CNN this morning. Can't say I ever cared for Bloomberg one way or the other -- until today. I liked everything he said. Everything. And he's not ruling out a run for the presidency in 2020 (as a Democrat).

It's worth a watch, as uploaded to youtube by CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwSOBAcGKo

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:I'm waiting for you next to say that about children so we can just rid society of these prohibitive taboos and encourage all our carnal impulses. Sick F*cker!

More hysteria.  First it was grouping, then it became attempted rape, then it became rape, and now it is the judge will support prohibitive taboos and encourage carnal impulses.......You just made my case.  Fuzzy thinking and Rachel Maddow irrelevancy.  Stupid adolescent behavior of unwanted advances from a drunk 17 year old is simply irrelevant to a senate confirmation hearing forty years later.  He will be confirmed.

He may be confirmed but it's not irrelevant. It was more than groping and you trying to minimize such behavior says a lot about you. But then it's not surprising.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

You think they actually changed votes once cast?? There's of course no evidence of that, if that's what you're saying.

RealLindaL

Vikingwoman wrote:He may be confirmed but it's not irrelevant. It was more than groping and you trying to minimize such behavior says a lot about you. But then it's not surprising.

It was WAY more than "groping" or "copping a feel." This was a violent assault, no two ways about it, and the minimization attempts are deplorable.

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

You think they actually changed votes once cast??  There's of course no evidence of that, if that's what you're saying.

It's not gotten a lot of publicity but the Russians were able to break into the voting machines in key states but they can't determine if the votes were changed. I do think they found a way to do that and leave no evidence. Trump won the key states by less than 1%. How convenient.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Vikingwoman wrote:

It's not gotten a lot of publicity but the Russians were able to break into the voting machines in key states but they can't determine if the votes were changed. I do think they found a way to do that and leave no evidence. Trump won the key states by less than 1%. How convenient.

You have any particular links for that?

2seaoat

He may be confirmed but it's not irrelevant. It was more than groping and you trying to minimize such behavior says a lot about you. But then it's not surprising.

It is totally not relevant to use a data point from forty years ago when this would be rendered as not being relevant in any trial where a motion in limine would NEVER let this into a trial, but this is a political show, and due process is thrown to the wind. It may have been more than groping in Dr. Ford's mind, but it certainly did not materialize into anything beyond that for 35 years, with no police report or spontaneous reporting to friends, parents, or siblings. Very unusual. My concern is not the veracity of her recollection which she never acted on, but the uncertainty of this being serious. I did not report my groping, but had there been more certainty and understanding of his intent I would have. My concern was somebody losing their job, where maybe I was not sure what had just happened. There is a confusion which I understand, and I believe her story, what I do not understand her talking with people spontaneously about what happened if she thought this was an assault. I was talking to my wife and friends for a week after the scan trying to figure out what happened. So all that are trying to make this into attempted rape or rape, it just does not calculate as anything but an unwanted advance by a drunk jerk. It still is not relevant under any due process standard. Defendants have rights in America and are innocent until proven guilty.....this lynch mob is about politics, not justice.

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

"If your brother sins against you, go and confront him privately. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’  If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, regard him as you would a pagan or a tax collector."   Matt 18: 15-17

Satan is not known as the deceiver for nothing.   Lies are how he operates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum