Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings?

+11
polecat
EmeraldGhost
Sal
Telstar
zsomething
ConservaLady
Deus X
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Telstar

Telstar

All lying republicans are reborn inside their lord and master Lucifer's anal cavity. Twisted Evil

bigdog

AMEN Brother Telstar!!!!!

And Seaoat, when or where did you hear Michael Moore say the Dems won't take the house back this year? He was on Bill Maher on Friday night and he definitely did NOT say that. He urged people to vote and pointed out that if enough people that didn't vote last election turn out, we can knock your party (and despite your protests, I do think now that they are your party) right on their asses.
There are millions of American men who Never have done anything even close to what Kavanaugh is being accused of. They didn't do it in college or in high school. BTW, there's a new accusation tonight of an assault that happened when he was in college. That's not surprising, these guys get away with it once so they do it over and over again. Anyone who excuses that kind of behavior is either a pervert himself or someone who has given up all hs morals to support the creep in the White House and his party. I don't think you're a pervert, so there's only the other possibility. You think he should be confirmed no matter what because he'll protect the scumbag, narcissistic, perverted, piece of shit popular vote loser that occupies the White House right now. I agree he shouldn't be impeached-he should be hanged for treason. And I don't think thinking any other way is showing any respect for the law or our Constitution. It's pretty much Un-American.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

[quote="bigdog".... the scumbag, narcissistic, perverted, piece of shit popular vote loser that occupies the White House right now. [/quote]

Well don't hold back 'dawg' ... why don't you just come right out & say what you really think about Trump. Laughing

bigdog

Sometimes I feel frustrated. All the really filthy words are just regular fare on HBO now and I do so yearn for the perfect word to describe the putrid, rancid, maggot ridden piece of meat that resides at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue, but I just can't think of the proper words.
I'll work on it though.

My brother in California is really creative when he talks about the popular vote loser. Maybe I can get him to help me out.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote:Sometimes I  feel frustrated. ...

Well, have yourself a toke and smile. It helps with that. The world will survive Donald Trump, I promise ya. We're all dead in the end anyway.

"If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it" (variously attributed) Laughing

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:Sometimes I  feel frustrated. All the really filthy words are just regular fare on HBO now and I do so yearn for the perfect word to describe  the putrid, rancid, maggot ridden piece of meat that resides at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue, but I just can't think of the proper words.  
I'll work on it though.  

My brother in California is really creative when he talks about the popular vote loser. Maybe I can get him to help me out.

Go ahead and let it all out. We all feel the same way about president amthrax.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:He may be confirmed but it's not irrelevant. It was more than groping and you trying to minimize such behavior says a lot about you. But then it's not surprising.

It is totally not relevant to use a data point from forty years ago when this would be  rendered as not being relevant in any trial where a motion in limine would NEVER let this into a trial, but this is a political show,  and due process is thrown to the wind.  It may have been more than groping in Dr. Ford's mind, but it certainly did not materialize into anything beyond that for 35 years, with no police report or spontaneous reporting to friends, parents, or siblings.  Very unusual.  My concern is not the veracity of her recollection which she never acted on, but the uncertainty of this being serious.  I did not report my groping, but had there been more certainty and understanding of his intent I would have.  My concern was somebody losing their job, where maybe I was not sure what had just happened.  There is a confusion which I understand, and I believe her story, what I do not understand her talking with people spontaneously about what happened if she thought this was an assault.  I was talking to my wife and friends for a week after the scan trying to figure out what happened.  So all that are trying to make this into attempted rape or rape, it just does not calculate as anything but an unwanted advance by a drunk jerk.   It still is not relevant under any due process standard.  Defendants have rights in America and are innocent until proven guilty.....this lynch mob is about politics, not justice.

She did report it to friends and told her therapist 6 yrs. earlier.

Vikingwoman

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

It's not gotten a lot of publicity but the Russians were able to break into the voting machines in key states but they can't determine if the votes were changed. I do think they found a way to do that and leave no evidence. Trump won the key states by less than 1%. How convenient.

You have any particular links for that?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/russians-penetrated-u-s-voter-systems-says-top-u-s-n845721

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/us/politics/russia-election-hacking.html

2seaoat

Anyone who excuses that kind of behavior is either a pervert himself or someone who has given up all hs morals to support the creep in the White House and his party.

A person does not have to excuse an unwanted physical assault, and certainly if the judge had gotten into a fist fight with somebody where he started the fight unprovoked........and now this fight is going to be the subject of a confirmation hearing forty years later, the question is not was the behavior needs to be excused, the question is why is this relevant to a hearing which is not exempt from due process.

Michael Moore continues his concern that the democrats are not running the right candidates and Trump can prevail. He has not changed his position on any show. Democrats need to work very hard to win back Americans. I agree. Even with a midterm which historically destroys the President in office, I do NOT see a blue wave even though the majority of Americans are liberal on issues, they just do not have candidates who run on bread and butter.....here once again he says we can do it.....but it is going to be difficult and require effort and the right people.

2seaoat

She did report it to friends and told her therapist 6 yrs. earlier.

Exactly, no spontaneous discussion with any friend or family member at the time. I do not think that goes to veracity. I think she is telling the truth. I simply think by the absence of any discussion of the event at the time, its seriousness as it is now being blown up as an attempted rape, certainly the failure to even discuss the matter with her country club friends or family. My wife spoke with friends about an attempted sexual assault which resulted in her having to walk three miles because the perp was not going to drive her home and she had to fight him off. She told me about the event in great detail on our third date. She did not wait thirty years to tell me. When I was grouped, I honestly was stunned and confused that some bastard could be that sick to grop a person where the scans clearly showed liver tumors which were a death sentence. I immediately talked to my wife, people on the PNJ forum, and friends. Now people who attended the party cannot corroborate her story about the party because there was no contemporaneous discussions. I believe her, but I believe this is a tempest in a teapot because due process requires that relevancy requires that a FAIR hearing can occur, and not depend on foggy memories. I will ask any fair person here to tell me what they were doing in June 15th 1982, and therein lies why we have statute of limitations and judges regularly rule on relevancy of evidence.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:Sometimes I  feel frustrated. All the really filthy words are just regular fare on HBO now and I do so yearn for the perfect word to describe  the putrid, rancid, maggot ridden piece of meat that resides at the end of Pennsylvania Avenue, but I just can't think of the proper words.  
I'll work on it though.  

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 5 Dump_trump_-_pendejo--i:14138570280814138515;x:15;w:520;m:1

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: ....  the question is why is this relevant to a hearing which is not exempt from due process.

You first need to establish a person is "entitled" to due process in a confirmation hearing ... before you can whine about the process being "not exempt" from it.

It's more akin to a job interview or suitability determination for a particular job than a criminal case in a court of law.

Personally, I think the allegations as reported thus far are mostly irrelevant to his actually performing the job .... at the same time I think a bit more than 50.1% of the people should be 'okay' with his suitability.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:  I think she is telling the truth.   

I think she is telling the truth .... as she remembers it.

(and I'll not further expound upon that statement!)

2seaoat

The requirements of the fifth and fourteenth amendment are not suspended during a confirmation hearing. Why even have a hearing under your premise......just vote. All Senators understand equal protection of the law and due process. The judge is entitled to a fair hearing with relevant evidence. The putrid smell of these impotent democrats running for national office think that the more slanderous they can become the more raw meat to the mob......

I wanted Garland. Not because of his politics, but because he was an excellent jurist as is this nominee. Win at the ballot box and stop the theatrics.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:She did report it to friends and told her therapist 6 yrs. earlier.

Exactly, no spontaneous discussion with any friend or family member at the time.  I do not think that goes to veracity.  I think she is telling the truth.  I simply think by the absence of any discussion of the event at the time, its seriousness as it is now being blown up as an attempted rape, certainly the failure to even discuss the matter with her country club friends or family.  My wife spoke with friends about an attempted sexual assault which resulted in her having to walk three miles because the perp was not going to drive her home and she had to fight him off.  She told me about the event in great detail on our third date.  She did not wait thirty years to tell me.  When I was grouped, I honestly was stunned and confused that some bastard could be that sick to grop a person where the scans clearly showed liver tumors  which were a death sentence.  I immediately talked to my wife, people on the PNJ forum, and friends.  Now people who attended the party cannot corroborate her story about the party because there was no contemporaneous discussions.  I believe her, but I believe this is a tempest in a teapot because due process requires that relevancy requires that a FAIR hearing can occur, and not depend on foggy memories.  I will ask any fair person here to tell me what they were doing in June 15th 1982, and therein lies why we have statute of limitations and judges regularly rule on relevancy of evidence.  

What part of she did report it to friends did you not understand? It wasn't 30 yrs. later. It was at the time it happened. You can't get over some tech groped you but you sure don't think Ford's experience is insignificant. I'll bet if that guy was up for Tech of the year you'd be all over the place screaming he touched your junk.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: due process requires that relevancy requires that a FAIR hearing can occur, and not depend on foggy memories. 

Yes, and that due process, as requested by the accuser, should include re-opening the FBI investigation into this candidate, especially now that more "foggy memories" are surfacing.

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote: due process requires that relevancy requires that a FAIR hearing can occur, and not depend on foggy memories. 

Yes, and that due process, as requested by the accuser, should include re-opening the FBI investigation into this candidate, especially now that more "foggy memories" are surfacing.

And then... and then... and then... etc. This is a political process... and the dems don't have control of it.

The sequential "foggy memories" are a delay tactic. Not even a new or very good one.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:The requirements of the fifth and fourteenth amendment are not suspended during a confirmation hearing.  .... 

The fifth amendment?  Really?  the 14th?  Rolling Eyes What "life, liberty, or property" is he being deprived of by the Senate if he his not nominated, pray tell?  

He doesn't have the job yet ... he's asking for the job. If he were being removed from the position you might be able to make that argument. You are assuming he is possessed of the aforementioned "presumption of confirmation."  That he is somehow entitled to the position by right of .... what, exactly?

Ah, c'mon ... .it's a freaking job interview.   The Senate can approve or reject for any reason they dang well please.   And those reasons are always primarily political.

bigdog

2seaoat wrote:The requirements of the fifth and fourteenth amendment are not suspended during a confirmation hearing.  Why even have a hearing under your premise......just vote.  All Senators understand equal protection of the law and due process.  The judge is entitled to a fair hearing with relevant evidence.  The putrid smell of these impotent democrats running for national office think that the more slanderous they can become the more raw meat to the mob......

I wanted Garland.  Not because of his politics, but because he was an excellent jurist as is this nominee.  Win at the ballot box and stop the theatrics.

______When did you completely lose your mind?The Republicans in the Senate haven't been interested in the Constitution or any of its amendments since November of 2016 . They are in charge. They know they are in charge. They don't give a damn about fair trials or unfair trials. They lock babies up in cages Seaoat. If he's entitled to a fair hearing then those with evidence against him should be allowed to testify and to bring in whatever substantiating evidence they can provide. I don't know of any court proceedings where only the defense gets to speak. That's what the Republicans want to provide him with. They've made moves over and over to keep Dr Ford from testifying. And this is not a trial about some low life criminal either going to jail or getting off. This is a test of the quality of a man to fairly and equitably be the last hope of the American people to keep their Constitutional rights in tact. I don't want anyone who has had one woman, not to mention two women, who have accused him of sexual assault of being in that position. It is a question of JUDGEMENT Seaoat. The second assault happened in college. BTW, the good judge not only claims now that he not only never copped a feel (in your words) but never had sex during his high school or college years at all.  Do you believe that? You claim it's abnormal for a teenager not to want to cop a feel on a girl, I can't imagine how you could possibly think any man could contain himself until after his college graduation. He was either an angel or a devil Seaoat, that's according to his own statement. Who you gonna believe? I don't particularly even like the idea that he drank so much in college that he says he can't remember certain events.
As for the democratic candidates, we only have about 40 days to go and I think you'll see you were dead wrong. Until then, it's foolish to argue. I'll go with the pollsters who actually ask people who they are going to vote for.

Last edited by bigdog on 9/24/2018, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Dreams, I apologize if Dr. Ford spoke to friends spontaneously and those friends are now willing to testify. My understanding is that in the last decade she has spoke to people about what happened twenty years earlier. Please show me a link where he friends have acknowledged contemporaneous conversations immediately after the incident. A spontaneous statement at the time actually probably would be relevant, but I must be missing something because I have only heard about her sharing this the last ten years.

Again, do not doubt her recollection as she saw the incident. I just question how serious she took this alleged unwanted touching when she did not make a spontaneous statement. I understand her not telling her parents because my daughter was on the varsity girls basketball team as a freshman and they took her out drinking and I never found out about a fifteen year old drinking until she was an adult, so Trumps tweet is really insulting about her "loving parents", but most girls are not going to share this at 15 that they were at a drinking party and a boy felt them up and put their hand over her mouth.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Not only isn't there a first person witness at these "parties"... but those named rebutted her "memories".

bigdog

Guess what Seaoat-you're not, nor have you ever been a teenaged girl. I certainly had a very similar experience myself when I was about 17. There was no drinking involved, just a young man who thought he could get by with something he could not. I had to make it very clear to him that he could not. With my knee, with my foot, and finally with clawing the hell out of his face with my fingernails.
That got the job done. He got up, went into the bathroom and put a couple of bandaids on his face, then apologized in a way that almost made me believe him. We walked out on the porch of the house we were at, sat in the swing for an hour, and had a long talk. He asked me out again at least 3 times and I turned him down every time. I never told my parents, I had NOT been raped. I understand this is the same situation the Doctor was in. It was assault and not a rape. I'm not sure I ever brought it up to my parents while they were alive, my husband knows about it,and some of my friends do. I didn't tell them for quite awhile later though. It's not something that is part of a fun conversation and at the time, I figured "no harm, no foul." I don't think that way anymore. Things have changed. I'd want to kill any boy that I thought had done that to either of my daughters. Becoming a parent changes things in life. Living my life with a truly good man for 47 years changes my attitude about what men can and should be. I expect more now, not less.
This bastard does not belong on the highest court in the Land where he can tell women what they can do with their bodies. He gave up that right already.

2seaoat

entitled to a fair hearing then those with evidence against him should be allowed to testify and to bring in whatever substantiating evidence they can provide.

A fair hearing is a blade that cuts both ways. Irrelevant forty year accusations which surfaced at the last minute as an obvious dilatory tactic cannot be looked at without context. Judges regularly grant motions which do NOT allow WHATEVER evidence they can provide......rather relevant cogent evidence which allows all parties to have reliable testimony. There is no court in America which would allow this testimony from an event forty years later to prove a proposition today that a defendant touched a woman and is being charged with assault. This is a mob action which has nothing to do with due process and everything to do with reality tv and cable ratings.

I have been involved for forty years where false accusations concerning sexual misconduct are common place, and the truth is that I have seen innocent people who would have been caught up in a mob of folks who think every contact with another person is a sexual assault. I have gone to the board of directors of a local women's shelter where one play therapist over ten years found every single person accused of improper touching to be an indicated finding with DCFS. In this case an addict who was eventually charged on felonies for writing scripts and who was found to have inserted her finger in her child and scratched her vagina and then blamed the father. The SA was going to bring criminal charges before I got involved and it ended with her losing custody of her daughter and her going to jail. There was a mob trying to convict this father, but when the doctor found based on healing times, only the mother could have done the scratch, and then the landlord heard the woman and her boyfriend talking about using cough syrup to knock the child out.......sorry, there are people who understand due process.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

bigdog wrote: They've made moves over and over to keep Dr Ford from testifying.  
What "moves" ?

bigdog wrote: They lock babies up in cages Seaoat.  
Rolling Eyes
Funny how it wasn't characterized as "locking babies up in cages" during the eight years of the Obama administration they were doing it.   The Trump administration is just doing it on a larger scale.

But that's a whole 'nother topic that warrants a whole 'nother thread .... if anyone really wants to beat that dead horse.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 9/24/2018, 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

bigdog

2seaoat wrote:She did report it to friends and told her therapist 6 yrs. earlier.

Exactly, no spontaneous discussion with any friend or family member at the time.  I do not think that goes to veracity.  I think she is telling the truth.  I simply think by the absence of any discussion of the event at the time, its seriousness as it is now being blown up as an attempted rape, certainly the failure to even discuss the matter with her country club friends or family.  My wife spoke with friends about an attempted sexual assault which resulted in her having to walk three miles because the perp was not going to drive her home and she had to fight him off.  She told me about the event in great detail on our third date.  She did not wait thirty years to tell me.  When I was grouped, I honestly was stunned and confused that some bastard could be that sick to grop a person where the scans clearly showed liver tumors  which were a death sentence.  I immediately talked to my wife, people on the PNJ forum, and friends.  Now people who attended the party cannot corroborate her story about the party because there was no contemporaneous discussions.  I believe her, but I believe this is a tempest in a teapot because due process requires that relevancy requires that a FAIR hearing can occur, and not depend on foggy memories.  I will ask any fair person here to tell me what they were doing in June 15th 1982, and therein lies why we have statute of limitations and judges regularly rule on relevancy of evidence.  
In June of 1982, I was in Blount Memorial Hospital for 2 days because I'd severely broken my left leg, ankle and knee in a place called Townsend, Tennessee. The World's Fair was in Knoxville that year, and we'd gone up there camping. We were camping in the mountains with my husbands family(his little sister and her boyfriend who later became her husband) and our 2 children at the time.   I slid down the side of a hill while carrying my 2 year old son. My Doctor's name was Ricardi and if he hadn't been a whiz who was good at setting skiing injuries, I wouldn't be walking today.
As for where the incident with the boy happened, I could take you to the house today where it occurred. It was on Baylen Street downtown. It happened 2 weeks before the 4th of July because I also would not go with him to the fireworks on the base. It was in 1968. That's 50 years ago, not 35.
We're not all as forgetful as you Seaoat, but then I was also not drunk. I have never been drunk and only drink an occasional hurricane when I go to New Orleans today. The crowd I ran with did not drink alcohol in high school or college, nor smoke pot.  It really bugs me when I hear people say "everybody did that." My teen years were the
late 60's btw, a much freer time than the Reagan years of 1982.

Last edited by bigdog on 9/24/2018, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum