Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings?

+11
polecat
EmeraldGhost
Sal
Telstar
zsomething
ConservaLady
Deus X
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, this is stupid.  I will grant all her allegations as being true, and the simple reality is NO prosecutor would have even brought charges for a drunk party where someone alleges what she alleges......the boys would show up and testify to the jury and this case would have been dismissed, yet someone thinks this is proper........sorry, somebody pinch the Democrats because they are talking with the white rabbit.

Welcome to 2018 where the "boys will be boys" defense has been swept into the dustbin of history, Gramps.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out ...

... and, make no mistake, ...

... you're on your way out.

Halleujah, and praise Jebus!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:The woman also claimed Kavanaugh was joined at the time by a friend who turned up music to conceal her protests. But that unnamed classmate reportedly told the New Yorker, “I have no recollection of that.”  

But of course he doesn't.  Would you expect him to?  Rolling Eyes

(this fellow being Kavanaugh's high school wingman who wrote a book about them frequently getting falling-down drunk together & trying to pick up girls.)

“Now I had an opportunity to make some headway [with girls]. Most of the time everyone, including the girls, was drunk. If you could breathe and walk at the same time, you could hook up,” he wrote.

A girl at a party, wrote Judge, asked him: “Do you know Bart O’Kavanaugh? I heard he puked in someone’s car the other night.” Judge responds: “Yeah he passed out on his way back from a party.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kavanaugh-high-school-pal-writes-in-memoir-of-being-wild-drunk-with-girls_us_5b9f23ebe4b013b0977bf68b

PkrBum wrote:Doesn't remember exactly when... doesn't remember exactly where... and the "witness" doesn't remember at all. ...

Which are actually some of the factors that lend her tale the "ring of truth."   A bald-faced lie would have included more details about some things and less about others than her story does.  And would not have been told to her therapist six years ago .... long before the prospects of Kavanuaugh being nominated to the Supreme Court was even on the radar. And, of course, she wouldn't have included her alleged abusers "wingman" in the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/18/former-sex-crimes-prosecutor-analyzed-fords-allegations-against-kavanaugh-heres-her-take/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e9bee0f959ab

Now don't get me wrong ... I'm not saying her story is absolutely, positively the truth and constitutes evidence of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt.  Or perhaps even her memory of how things went down in this alleged incident is entirely correct.  I will say though that it has more of "the ring of truth" rather than that of a baldfaced lie.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 9/18/2018, 5:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: ...  the simple reality is NO prosecutor would have even brought charges for a drunk party where someone alleges what she alleges......the boys would show up and testify to the jury and this case would have been dismissed,

Wrong.  Attitudes like that are a big part of the reason sometimes 15 year old girls feel it's best not to report a sexual assault.

You don't know that charges would not have been brought.  Such things are investigated ... when reported.  And sometimes prosecuted.  You'd be surprised how a teenage kid will fess up to wrongdoing when questioned by a detective.  Particularly one trained and experienced in sexual assault investigations.  And had she instead of being quiet about it and not reporting had screamed bloody murder as she left the room and went (ran? stumbled?) down the stairs in hearing/view of the other party-goers police might have been called and O'Kavanaugh and his buddy might well have had a trip down to the jailhouse that evening.  It happens.  And had that occurred he might not be a Supreme Court nominee today ... much less even a lawyer.   (and that's not saying anyone would necessarily have went to jail in this particular incident ... it probably would have ended up as a misdemeanor juvie offense with some kind of diversion and community service, in that the act of rape was not actually accomplished)

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2013/03/17/steubenville_rape_case_teen_football_players_guilty.html

http://mailtribune.com/news/crime-courts-emergencies/man-gets-six-years-for-sexual-abuse-attempted-rape

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/11/29/man-sentenced-sex-unconscious-teen/94606764/

But this is not a court of law deciding whether a person is criminally liable for the alleged offense.  It's a matter of whether a nominee for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court is suitable for that post in the eyes of most of the people, and whether this particular allegation is A. Believable, and B. if so, whether it makes him unsuitable for the position today, given his apparently exemplary character since.   Seems most people's assessment of those two items depends more upon their personal political leanings than any kind of objective critical thinking.

What would be your opinion if Kavanaugh were a Presidential candidate? (like say, for instance ... Donald Trump?)  That the allegation should be completely dismissed and swept under the rug? Or rather that it should be fully investigated as to whether it' more likely than not the incident did or did not occur, and then people could then make their own assessment as to the suitability of the candidate?  Is a lifetime position on the Supreme Court really all that less important than a four or eight year stint as President?  He's not being nominated for dog-catcher, you know.

Yeah, yeah ... I know ... after Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and the sexual scandals/pecadillos of myriad other politicians of both parties people are just kind of jaded to it all anymore.  We'll, I'll tell ya ... maybe I'm just old-fashioned, naive, or something, but the character of a candidate for public office still does matter ... to me  anyway, if nobody else.  (and why I refused to choose between Horrible Hillary or Deplorable Trump.  Say what you want about his proposed policies, but Gary Johnson, at least, is a good man, and that carries some weight in my book.)

I don't have a partisan dog in this fight myself.  I could care less if Kavanaugh gets appointed or not.  I'm just trying to look at the situation objectively.  I know this though ....  if my daughter told me some nominee for a high post had done such a thing to her ... you're darn right I'd be writing my Senator urging non-support of that particular nominee.  Even 35 years later.  Which is really all this woman did, so far as I can tell.  Wrote her Congressperson.  That's what we're supposed to do ... right?   It was the politicians that took it public and the media making a circus of it because, well ... that's what they do.  So. lacking any further evidence to the contrary, I really don't blame Ms Ford for this hullabaloo.  

Oh, and by the by .... despite all their outrage at supposedly being "ambushed," the Republicans knew of this allegation for at least a couple or three weeks before it became public.  (how do you think within a day or so Republicans had a letter of support as to Kavanaugh's character signed by some 65 women who supposedly knew him from years ago?  How did they pull that off in just a couple or three days?)    So the Republicans are not exactly blameless in this whole debacle either.      Why didn't they at least address it with Kavanaugh in the closed door portion of the hearings before it was made public?    They were just hoping it wouldn't come up, because they knew if they didn't get Kavanaugh confirmed they might not get another shot at it before the midterms.  So, truth is ... both sides have been playing politics with this allegation)

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 9/19/2018, 8:41 am; edited 26 times in total

polecat

polecat

REPUBLICANS: who can be sure about what happened 36 years ago

ALSO REPUBLICANS: when the founding fathers put a comma in this sentence they meant we can have assault rifles. - Ben Rosen

Karma: when Kavanaugh has to sit through grilling about his sex life after working so hard to expose Bill Clinton’s.- Lea Black

“Hello, I am an opportunistic woman. I make up decades old sexual assault accusations against rich and powerful men because my lifelong dream is to get death threats from strangers calling me a lying whore.” See how f*cking ridiculous that sounds, idiots? - OhNoSheTwint

bigdog

If these same Republicans found out that their own daughters were sexually assaulted at ANY time in their past, they would be raging for revenge. I had to leave that party in 1994 because I couldn't be hypocritical enough to fit in anymore. It has only gotten much worse since then.

If he so much as hung out with the so called "friend" who wrote that book, he'd have to have been a total jerk. His so called friend wrote in a yearbook that a woman should be beaten regularly like a gong. Teen aged boys who talk like that grow up into womanizers and thugs like what we have in the White House. We damned sure don't need one in the highest court in the land.
He's just another liar hiding behind the pretense of being a Christian.

And 17 year olds aren't the same as 14 or 15 year olds. A lot of Americans have fought in wars at the age of 17.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote: His so called friend wrote in a yearbook that a woman should be beaten regularly like a gong.

It's from Noel Coward's Private Lives. Strange that a schoolboy would repeat that quote but I guess there's a bit of Leopold and Loeb in all schoolboy friendships. Wonder how many other skeletons are hiding in Kavanaugh's closet.

bigdog

You know, I remember a couple of years ago when a black teen who was 17 years old was killed by a cop in Brownsville in front of a bank. There were witnesses who said the kid was just riding his bike on the street when the cop turned on his lights and started chasing him down.
After this 17 year old was killed, a gun suddenly appeared on the scene that the police said was his.

Most of the people on this forum said he deserved to die because if a black teen was carrying a gun in Brownsville at night, he was up to no good. Part of the argument was that a 17 year old was old enough to know exactly what he was doing.

Kavanaugh was 17 years old too. How come the black kid was an adult but Kavanaugh was just a teenaged boy?

RealLindaL

Food for thought in this USA Today article, I think:

Kavanaugh allegations: Is what someone does at age 17 relevant?

2seaoat

Times have not changed in regard to relevancy. This entire event is a tempest in a teapot. The Republicans have been stupid. They should have allowed the FBI an investigation and bent over backwards to make Dr. Ford comfortable, but I am sorry.......what a bunch of wussies. A 17 year old who is drunk cops a feel and forty years later this is relevant to a supreme court nomination.......pleaseeeee wake this fricking mob up from their fantasy world. The nominee is going to be appointed.

Oh, and regard to charges being brought 38 years ago, and I would not know that charges would not have been brought........yes, I completely understand what charges would be brought and would not be brought based on Dr. Ford's descriptions as reported in the media. Not a fricking thing. No prosecutor in the early 80s would bring this case NONE, and to try to get a sexual harrassment suit in the work place......totally fricking non existent. I doubt if the actual act would have gotten a student suspended, but the drinking.....sure.

Sorry I think this is hilarious calling this attempted rape and thinking people would have prosecuted this......has nobody worked in the criminal justice system? This is a he said she said nonsense which every court in America deals with daily in divorce court. My wife and daughter at 15 would not have been happy with a drunk feeling them up, and my wife would slug guys and my daughter might have thrown the wimp into the closet, but to call this a life changing experience which changes anything in a confirmation hearing forty years later.......deer in headlights.

2seaoat

Kavanaugh was 17 years old too. How come the black kid was an adult but Kavanaugh was just a teenaged boy?

Because the Police killed that kid unnecessarily and needed to justify the BS story that tazing a kid on a moving bike was normal police work. It was just a sinister black man......every black mother's nightmare.

Kavanaugh's mom was a judge......like are you fricking people having fairy dust sprinkled on you at night so you can wake up as naive as a cub fan in 1969?

Give Dr. Ford a fair investigation and hearing. I have no doubt she is truthful to her recollection. However, none of this is relevant, unless the Justice lies.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Times have not changed in regard to relevancy.  This entire event is a tempest in a teapot.  The Republicans have been stupid.   They should have allowed the FBI an investigation and bent over backwards to make Dr. Ford comfortable, but I am sorry.......what a bunch of wussies.  A 17 year old who is drunk cops a feel and forty years later this is relevant to a supreme court nomination.......pleaseeeee wake this fricking mob up from their fantasy world.  The nominee is going to be appointed.

Oh, and regard to charges being brought 38 years ago, and I would not know that charges would not have been brought........yes, I completely understand what charges would be brought and would not be brought based on Dr. Ford's descriptions as reported in the media.   Not a fricking thing.  No prosecutor in the early 80s would bring this case NONE, and to try to get a sexual harrassment suit in the work place......totally fricking non existent.  I doubt if the actual act would have gotten a student suspended, but the drinking.....sure.

Sorry I think this is hilarious calling this attempted rape and thinking people would have prosecuted this......has nobody worked in the criminal justice system?  This is a he said she said nonsense which every court in America deals with daily in divorce court.  My wife and daughter at 15 would not have been happy with a drunk feeling them up, and my wife would slug guys and my daughter might have thrown the wimp into the closet, but to call this a life changing experience which changes anything in a confirmation hearing forty years later.......deer in headlights.

Thanks for the mansplainer ...

Also, ... NEWS FLASH! ... this is 2018 not the early 80s ...

Talk about a lack of relevancy ...

Here, Oats ...

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 2 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

2seaoat

I am honored as I love the candy. However, the ignorance of the law and history makes this better than my getting that senior discount at breakfast......what a bonus to see such dumb logic. Boneheaded stupid that this was an attempted rape of a 15 year old.......gosh, I am beginning to wonder if anybody here ever got laid, and that Sal is a monk who lives on a fishing boat selling his wares on the dock. He sells chinese finger handcuffs to members of this forum who think that there was a rape.....sadly Sal has tried his product and has been handcuffed unable to post any longer until a kind stranger on the dock helped him out of chinese handcuffs......so now he is typing again, but will be bitching about the tariffs on chinese goods. Attempted rape.....political hysteria.

PkrBum

PkrBum

She now says that she can't testify Monday because she doesn't want to fly and would rather drive.

Lol... this is just silly now. It's obviously a delay tactic... which was the dem playbook the whole time.

2seaoat

I do not believe a delay of a week changes anything. She deserves a fair investigation and fair hearing. The judge will forever be stained if anything less happens. This is just so stupid at so many levels.....it is like folks lining up to drink Kool Aide. I also believe her claim is truthful and painful. It however is not relevant to the matter at hand of confirming a supreme court justice. Next we will hear about him copying his fifth grade geography test as he threatened to put a girl's pigtails in an ink well......translation for Sal....ink well......bic pen without the pen.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I am honored as I love the candy.  However, the ignorance of the law and history makes this better than my getting that senior discount at breakfast......what a bonus to see such dumb logic.  Boneheaded stupid that this was an attempted rape of a 15 year old.......gosh, I am beginning to wonder if anybody here ever got laid, and that Sal is a monk who lives on a fishing boat selling his wares on the dock.  He sells chinese finger handcuffs to members of this forum who think that there was a rape.....sadly Sal has tried his product and has been handcuffed unable to post any longer until a kind stranger on the dock helped him out of chinese handcuffs......so now he is typing again, but will be bitching about the tariffs on chinese goods.  Attempted rape.....political hysteria.

What is it, Seaoat? Is Kavanaugh another one of your poker buddies, like Hastert? You're making me sick. He was drunk and he forced himself on an unwilling target. His buddy, also drunk, climbed on as well. Flash forward; he's now an aging entitled little jerk who's been richly rewarded for his extremism and blind party loyalty. And he HAS LIED under oath.

2seaoat

What is it, Seaoat? Is Kavanaugh another one of your poker buddies, like Hastert? You're making me sick. He was drunk and he forced himself on an unwilling target. His buddy, also drunk, climbed on as well. Flash forward; he's now an aging entitled little jerk who's been richly rewarded for his extremism and blind party loyalty. And he HAS LIED under oath.

Nope, I am friends with the brother of Hastert's victim.  His dad is a Methodist minister, and all were shocked and appalled.  I did not approve of a grown man abusing a child.  However, it is hilarious that you are trying to connect a ped with an adolescent boy coping a feel in high school at a drinking party.  I will grant you every word that Dr. Ford gives will be the truth.   It is simply not relevant.   Now you naively believe that the judge is lying.   I know this is really tough for people living with a daily dose of fairy dust......but elections have consequences.  The winners get to pick a nominee and the senate confirms the same.  He will be confirmed.   Now if somebody wants to be honest and say this whole charade is about the mid terms......now at least we are talking about relevant.  Chit Judge Judy could get this simple relevancy argument right.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: an adolescent boy coping a feel in high school at a drinking party.  

"copping a feel", huh?  Well, I guess that sounds a lot more innocent and playful than does Sexual Assault in the Third Degree (Maryland 3-307)

In order to say "copping a feel" as you so quaintly put it seems to me the act needs to include at least some degree of consent?  Or do you disagree?  (sure you didn't vote for Trump?)  And Kavanaugh's not saying she consented ... he's saying it never happened.  So somebody here is either lying or has a faulty memory.   Tell us, then Oatie ... who & which is it do you think?  And do you think we should at least have a process to shed some light on that before we rush to confirm?

Me?  I think this woman's story is credible enough to warrant further exploration/investigation before we rush to confirm a man for a lifetime appointment to one of the most important positions in our government.   From what I've read of this woman her accomplishments, intellect, and life are at least as exemplary as Judge Kavanaugh's.  It's not like she just waltzed into the public eye from the set of the Jerry Springer show.

I like the phrase in today's NYT article on the topic .... "presumption of confirmation."   One may enjoy the well known "presumption of innocence" in a court of law .... but this is no court of law and there is no "presumption of confirmation" attached to a Supreme Court nominee.

There's a hundred other qualified conservative Judges Trump could nominate for this position.  If a significant percentage of the people find Kavanaugh to be not clearly suitable due to his personal history ... find another one.  Demos should have never crossed that line with the 60% rule.  If Republicans really wanted to take the high road, they'd bring it back.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  Supreme Court nominations should have at least some degree of bipartisanshp, IMO.

.....   It’s natural to place this sort of accusation within a criminal-justice framework: the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt; the presumption of innocence; the right to confront and respond to an accuser. If Judge Kavanaugh stood criminally accused of attempted rape, all of that would apply with full force. But those concepts are a poor fit for Supreme Court confirmation hearings, where there’s no presumption of confirmation, and there’s certainly no burden that facts be established beyond a reasonable doubt. ....

.....  Nominations have failed — that is, been withdrawn or voted down — for various reasons. Sometimes it’s because a majority of the Senate rejects a nominee’s vision of the Constitution and the role of the court. That was the case with Judge Robert Bork, a Reagan nominee whose skepticism about the Constitution’s protection of privacy and liberty convinced a majority of senators that he was simply too far right of the mainstream to be confirmed.

Other nominations have been unsuccessful because of private conduct. Another Reagan nominee, Judge Douglas Ginsburg, withdrew from consideration after the press uncovered reports of marijuana use that the F.B.I. had failed to unearth. And the Senate blocked President Lyndon Johnson’s attempt to elevate Abe Fortas to chief justice after evidence emerged that as a sitting member of the court, Justice Fortas had also been serving as a de facto adviser to the president, and after questions were raised about the propriety of outside payments he had received while on the court.

These allegations weren’t tested with the rigor that would have attached to judicial proceedings; neither evidence nor testimony (where it was given — Judge Ginsburg withdrew before testifying) was subject to the sort of adversarial testing that would occur in a court of law. But in each case, a constellation of considerations, both political and constitutional, operated to defeat nominations of individuals who were certainly qualified, by conventional metrics, to sit on the Supreme Court. ....
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/opinion/kavanaugh-blasey-allegation-disqualify.html

bigdog

Seaoat, I just lost any respect for you that I ever had. This was not an incident of someone "copping a feel." As a woman, we know the difference in having some guy try to "cop a feel" and some guy who is attempting rape. She said she was afraid she might be killed.
It must be really nice to be a man and to have never experienced crap like this.
It makes some young women never trust men for the rest of their lives.
And a full 2/3rds of the time, the incidents are not reported. The girl doesn't want her friends or her parents to know it happened because men who commit these vicious deeds on women have a way of convincing a girl that they wouldn't have tried it if the girl hadn't "led them on." So the girl feels ashamed for something she had absolutely no control over and which should have never happened except for shit heads like judge K.
You're full of it Mr Oats- and if you think that men "copping a feel" of a 15 year old girl, even if they are a teenager too, is okay, you're a pretty sick person mentally. Here's a little tip for you Seaoat- not ALL men are like that. Not ALL teenaged boys would disrespect a woman like that. If you think it's impossible for a man to behave himself around women, you've spent your life around some pretty lousy men. You should respect your own sex more than that. A whole lot of men are very decent people.

bigdog

And by the way Seaoat- there isn't a presumption of confirmation anymore. Trump's comments against Dr Ford this morning did not fall on deaf ears where either Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski were concerned.
I can promise you that.
There's a good possibility that the Donald is going to get those ladies so pissed off that they will vote Kavanaugh down.

It depends on whether they've ever faced the kind of situation Dr Ford faced as a teenager. A lot of women have. And they don't forget it.

2seaoat

Oh please.....stop the hysteria. I have a strong wife and daughter and in this hysterical environment that women are these tremendous fragile beings who need special protections......watch a lioness in nature deal with unwanted advances from a male lion. I believe every word that she has said. I also understand that sexual assault is now becoming a given, but having dealt with the same in the criminal justice system for almost forty years, I find the naive understanding of the law to be hysterical. Please I do not deserve one person's respect if the litmus test is becoming a lemming where in a Rachel Maddow moment, somebody actually thinks this will be relevant. It is not. The confirmation is a slam dunk. The funny thing is that this same Hubris Michael Moore warned of as Hillary's paradigm of Hubris has now spread to where the Democratic Party has lost their fricking minds......so desparate......I know the judge in boy scouts would put firecrackers in frogs and watch them blow up......o the horror as the animal rights groups demonstrate and try to convince America that a frog bomber cannot be nominated for the Supreme Court. When people wake up after the mid terms, then tell me who you respect. Until then I will call what is irrelevant as would any judge or fair person in America. Attacking the victim is stupid. She is telling the truth, but she might as well be telling us about her favorite rock band in High School.....important to her, but not relevant to a confirmation hearing.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:She now says that she can't testify Monday because she doesn't want to fly and would rather drive.

Lol... this is just silly now. It's obviously a delay tactic... which was the dem playbook the whole time.

Apparently, Grassley scheduled that hearing without consulting with her or her attorney...and she's had death threats and can't even go home. Please stifle yourself.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:She is telling the truth, but she might as well be telling us about her favorite rock band in High School.....important to her, but not relevant to a confirmation hearing.

Cold as river ice.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Qualified Supreme Court nominees are a dime a dozen, actually. Why should we have to accept one that would have a big fat question mark over his head for his lifetime on the highest court in the land without at least a little more inquiry?

I'm no Socialist Democrat by far, nor am I a Trumpkin .... but why do we have to have this big rush to confirmation? Perhaps we the people would be better off with a Trump nominated conservative Justice who had at least a modicum of bipartisan consent?

2seaoat

Cold as river ice.

Colder....more like dry ice when dealing with the constitution and the law. I have zero tolerance for stupid. He will be confirmed, and the worst part is that the process of assuring competent jurist being appointed to the Supreme Court has just been made more difficult as what sane person would at fifty five want the standard to be about allegations from high school. Our country has been damaged by all parties. CNN just announced that the deadline will not be met. Stupid. Three day FBI investigation just like Hill, and a couple days of hearing listening to all witnesses......the process has become toxic and this strategy is simply blowing up the process for political gain. My worst nightmare is a Thomas backlash from this nominee. Thomas has voted for stupid consistently and I believe much of that rancor starts and ends with his confirmation hearing.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Oh please.....stop the hysteria.  I have a strong wife and daughter and in this hysterical environment that women are these tremendous fragile beings who need special protections......watch a lioness in nature deal with unwanted advances from a male lion.  I believe every word that she has said.  I also understand that sexual assault is now becoming a given, but having dealt with the same in the criminal justice system for almost forty years, I find the naive understanding of the law to be hysterical.  Please I do not deserve one person's respect if the litmus test is becoming a lemming where in a Rachel Maddow moment, somebody actually thinks this will be relevant.  It is not.  The confirmation is a slam dunk.   The funny thing is that this same Hubris Michael Moore warned of as Hillary's paradigm  of Hubris has now spread to where the Democratic Party has lost their fricking minds......so desparate......I know the judge in boy scouts would put firecrackers in frogs and watch them blow up......o the horror as the animal rights groups demonstrate and try to convince America that a frog bomber cannot be nominated for the Supreme Court.   When people wake up after the mid terms, then tell me who you respect.  Until then I will call what is irrelevant as would any judge or fair person in America.  Attacking the victim is stupid.  She is telling the truth, but she might as well be telling us about her favorite rock band in High School.....important to her, but not relevant to a confirmation hearing.

The privileged old white man just equated abuse of reptiles with the abuse of women.

Let that sink in for a minute.

When you make that analogy in 2018 ...

... well, you just might be irrelevant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum