Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings?

+11
polecat
EmeraldGhost
Sal
Telstar
zsomething
ConservaLady
Deus X
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
2seaoat
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

2seaoat

The privileged old white man just equated abuse of reptiles with the abuse of women.

Exactly!  I am glad somebody helped you with those Chinese handcuffs, but how about this.  I have been sexually assaulted in December 2010 during an Ocreotide scan by an xray technician.  He saw the tumors on my liver and fully knew a patient was dying and he proceeded to grab my package on the table as he was putting preparing the injection and scans.  He reached all over my body touching me and then just grabbed the package.

I remember posting this on the PNJ and the moderator(name forgotten but I thought it was Mike) insisted that I report the groping to the hospital.  I got feedback from all the forum members and my decision was that I am dying and although it was unpleasant......I was not going to let that sick little dweeb further intrude into my life.   I did nothing.   Then while getting ready to put my gowns on for a scan at northwestern, I am certain this dweeb took me to the locker and wanted me to walk around in these pants rather than the usual two gowns, and I growled at him and he realized who I was.......never saw him again, but I would be lying if I said I was not angry.  My Penthouse dreams would be a twenty three year old gymnast tech would have grabbed my unit......but instead I got this creature who I should have reported.  So I get her not reporting the incident, and her reluctance to testify, but it simply is irrelevant.  Now be careful with those handcuffs.....you may not be able to post for awhile, and socks will need to fill in the void.

So would my testimony be relevant if it was to the hospital, yes, it would be relevant. Would my testimony have been relevant if I told his fifth grade teacher forty years later that he was a groper, in a benjamin buttons moment. Nope.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:The privileged old white man just equated abuse of reptiles with the abuse of women.

Exactly!  I am glad somebody helped you with those Chinese handcuffs, but how about this.  I have been sexually assaulted in December 2010 during an Ocreotide scan by an xray technician.  He saw the tumors on my liver and fully knew a patient was dying and he proceeded to grab my package on the table as he was putting preparing the injection and scans.  He reached all over my body touching me and then just grabbed the package.

I remember posting this on the PNJ and the moderator(name forgotten but I thought it was Mike) insisted that I report the groping to the hospital.  I got feedback from all the forum members and my decision was that I am dying and although it was unpleasant......I was not going to let that sick little dweeb further intrude into my life.   I did nothing.   Then while getting ready to put my gowns on for a scan at northwestern, I am certain this dweeb took me to the locker and wanted me to walk around in these pants rather than the usual two gowns, and I growled at him and he realized who I was.......never saw him again, but I would be lying if I said I was not angry.  My Penthouse dreams would be a twenty three year old gymnast tech would have grabbed my unit......but instead I got this creature who I should have reported.  So I get her not reporting the incident, and her reluctance to testify, but it simply is irrelevant.  Now be careful with those handcuffs.....you may not be able to post for awhile, and socks will need to fill in the void.

So would my testimony be relevant if it was to the hospital, yes, it would be relevant.   Would my testimony have been relevant if I told his fifth grade teacher forty years later that he was a groper, in a benjamin buttons moment.  Nope.

Stop ... try to save some modicum of dignity ...

2seaoat

Stop ... try to save some modicum of dignity ...

Why? The truth is very simple. The judge will be confirmed. Dr. Ford's testimony if no different than what has been submitted to the media is simply irrelevant to a confirmation hearing. He actually is a fair and very competent judge. This political theater may fool some of the people, but it will never fool all the people.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:

The privileged old white man just equated abuse of reptiles with the abuse of women.

Let that sink in for a minute.

When you make that analogy in 2018 ...

... well, you just might be irrelevant.

No "MIGHT BE" about it, Sal.   And I join others in losing respect with each successive post on this subject by our ancient forum hard head.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote: CNN just announced that the deadline will not be met.

A couple of hours later Chuck Grassley tweeted that he's provided another extension of the deadline, but didn't say for how long.

I hate that the committee refused to agree to Ford's insistence on interrogation only by senators rather than outside counsel. What chickenshit. Obviously they don't like the optics of a bunch of male senators asking her details of her assault. TOUGH. They should stand behind their own questions and assertions.

2seaoat

They should stand behind their own questions and assertions.

Why? Now it has just gotten goofy. A witness to a confirmation hearing wants to determine who will ask her questions......really. Hearings in congress regularly let the pros ask the questions as the committee act more like judges than advocates. Like I really want to hear Corey Booker get up on his high horse and tell us about inappropriate alleged sexual .....you know:

“After having my hand pushed away once, I reached my ‘mark,'” he wrote. “Our groping ended soon and while no ‘relationship’ ensued, a friendship did. You see, the next week in school she told me that she was drunk that night and didn’t really know what she was doing.” By golly this new standard is going to be fun....when will the Senator resign?

So it is chickenchit to have a lawyer asking a witness questions in a Congressional hearing......really, and I am the one with radical ideas about this confirmation hearing......naive children following the lemming in front of them when not one of you have read one of his decisions and somebody has convinced you that alleged incident from almost forty years ago is relevant....it is not. Now it is clear with a witness demanding who will ask the question that this is all about political theater and nothing more.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Sal wrote:

Al ... is that you?

I see .... so the S in the user name is for "Secret" ... so 'Sal' = 'Secret AL' Laughing

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 55a827fa26ae16deba4eb388bfb6e0d1

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Sal wrote:
Stop ... try to save some modicum of dignity ...[/b]

"modicum"?   Hey, I used that word on here yesterday. And actually got a little tingle down my leg when I did.  What is it ... the word of the week now?  Laughing

I think maybe we got some kindaf "word usage appropriation" going on here .... and that's racist!   Not quite sure how ... but it's got to be. Laughing

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:

Why?  The truth is very simple.  The judge will be confirmed.  Dr. Ford's testimony if no different than what has been submitted to the media is simply irrelevant to a confirmation hearing.  He actually is a fair and very competent judge.  This political theater may fool some of the people, but it will never fool all the people.

Regardless of what I personally think about the allegations .... from a political strategy perspective the best thing Republicans can do for their party is to give this lady a a short respectful hearing with as few questions as possible and don't let the Demos on the committee drama it up ... then lean on Susan Collins and her fellow travelers and bring it to a vote as quickly as possible. Get the guy confirmed and end this shit-show. It'll be ancient history by November.

The best thing politically for Democrats would be to drag it out in the public eye for as long as and with as much drama as possible.

Telstar

Telstar

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 Samant10

2seaoat

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 Bbn7tq10

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Here's an idea .... how about the confirmation committee take him out on the Potomac river in a boat & throw him in.  If he drowns, they can confirm him.  If he swims they can burn him at the stake.   Do the same with that lady doctor of psychology. Oh, wait ... she surfs so she can probably swim.  Witch hunts are, after all, a time honored American tradition !!  (Just ask Donald Trump)    Laughing

But seriously ... here's the road I think Republicans are going to take:

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 Patcrosscartoons-com-2018-kavanaugh-confirmation-hearing-borking-ahead-35881575

2seaoat

Only silly Democrats would force Al Franken a very competent and intelligent Senator out of office for adolescent behavior which was basically harmless, and then expect that an alleged he said she said from high school to stop the nomination.......If the Democrats continue with this naive paradigm of the world, they will once more crown Trump monarch as the democratic party hubris is simply a full blown hissy fit now and has lost all semblance of common sense. The rachel maddow syndrome is repeating itself right before the mid terms.....brilliant strategy. NOT

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 Bbn7os10

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Laughing Laughing

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 42247243_2154967314561615_8174093332960509952_n

Telstar

Telstar

Is it fair to be bringing up a high school alleged incident forty years later in confirmation hearings? - Page 3 2i2o5010

bigdog

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Oh please.....stop the hysteria.  I have a strong wife and daughter and in this hysterical environment that women are these tremendous fragile beings who need special protections......watch a lioness in nature deal with unwanted advances from a male lion.  I believe every word that she has said.  I also understand that sexual assault is now becoming a given, but having dealt with the same in the criminal justice system for almost forty years, I find the naive understanding of the law to be hysterical.  Please I do not deserve one person's respect if the litmus test is becoming a lemming where in a Rachel Maddow moment, somebody actually thinks this will be relevant.  It is not.  The confirmation is a slam dunk.   The funny thing is that this same Hubris Michael Moore warned of as Hillary's paradigm  of Hubris has now spread to where the Democratic Party has lost their fricking minds......so desparate......I know the judge in boy scouts would put firecrackers in frogs and watch them blow up......o the horror as the animal rights groups demonstrate and try to convince America that a frog bomber cannot be nominated for the Supreme Court.   When people wake up after the mid terms, then tell me who you respect.  Until then I will call what is irrelevant as would any judge or fair person in America.  Attacking the victim is stupid.  She is telling the truth, but she might as well be telling us about her favorite rock band in High School.....important to her, but not relevant to a confirmation hearing.

Let that sink in for a minute.

When you make that analogy in 2018 ...

... well, you just might be irrelevant.

______You know what? I didn't raise any kids who would have blown up frogs with firecrackers either, Mr Oats. And if they told me their scout leader had taught them how to do it, I'd have removed them from the troop. Savagery directed at animals of any kind is a sign of future problems in adulthood. Serial killers start out killing house pets. The enjoyment of pain in other living creatures is not a healthy thing.
And I'm happy every day that I never listened to anyone who told me "Boys will be Boys. " That's a bullshit saying made up by parents who don't want to keep their kids in line. They're lazy parents.
I think that in a little over 40 days now you will be shocked Seaoat. Way too many Americans have had all they ever want of a Republican led congress. All the gerrymandering in the world isn't going to save those bastards that have let King Trump have his way.

2seaoat

40 days now you will be shocked Seaoat.

I will not. There is not a snowball in hell that the Democrats take the senate, and they will gain seats in the house, but will NOT take the house back. Why? In Michigan they had more voters turn out for the primary in 2016 than in the general election. Michael Moore said that 2 votes per precinct was the margin in Michigan. I have seen nothing substantive in regard to registered voters drastically increasing, and a plan to get those voters to the poll. Just more democratic Hubris. I watched Rachel interview HIllary on her show and the same hubris is in full effect......Trump is dumb and evil.....and voters will reject him at the midterms......complete repeat of the nonsense in 2016 which Michael Moore agrees with my position.....Democrats talk.....they are not getting large increases in voter registration, and where is the plan to get those folks to the polls.

The Republicans are forcing tens of thousands of Puerto Ricans out of the Orlando area because they have cut off the funds for hotels, but if they return to Puerto Ricco they will get assistance. Those voters are packing up. Once more the Republicans have pulled a genius plan to neutralize more voters, and the national media and democratic leaders are blind.....it should be the first priority to get every one of those voters registered and have them vote before they leave because they will meet the residency requirements, and there is cash waiting in PR.........naive children dealing with cold and calculated smarter Republicans.......So when I see this pie in the sky delay tactic bringing up irrelevant forty year old allegations from high school, I realize......Trump is the result of democratic hubris.

bigdog

I suppose we'll have to see, won't we. Apparently, you're just about the only person in America who doesn't think the Dems will retake the house this year.
Polls are of "likely voters" seaoat. Those are voters who voted in the last couple of elections. If you haven't voted recently, you are not a likely voter. I don't know if you know any young people, I kind of doubt you do with your belief system, but they WILL be out to vote this election.They were angry last election because the dems didn't nominate Bernie, and they stayed home. This year, it's not about Bernie, it's about exactly the kind of crap that is going on in the Kavanaugh hearings right now. Young women will show up and they will bring their young men. African Americans will show up and so will every Hispanic person in America who is able to vote. Trump's racism has these people on fire. I'm pretty sure you don't know too many hispanic people or African Americans, otherwise you would know that. Many of these people did not vote last election so they are not listed as likely voters, therefore, are not counted in the polling. The polling already shows the Dems retaking the house without even adding these people's numbers in. Dream on Seaoat. I really didn't know how far to the right you were until the last couple of days, you've hidden it pretty well. You are going to be extremely disappointed.

2seaoat

There is nothing going on in Illinois which is going to get one more house member. My congressman should be gone with the farm credits which he did nothing to voice his criticism of Trump, yet he is 15 points ahead in a district which has gone Democratic 25 years ago. There is nothing going on in Florida which is going to change the numbers, and I still think Scott could win the Senate seat despite how horrible of a job he has done.

No, Puerto Rican voters are being forced back to PR to avoid voting by cutting off their aid unless they move back to PR. Where is the organized movement to capture those voters and have them early vote......nothing.....crickets......instead we are hearing about unwanted petting from high school......Republicans appear to just be better on winning than Democrats who do the Rachel Maddow blowing up insignificant issues and ignoring the bread and butter issues which voters care about. Nothing I would like better than the senate and house being taken back by Democrats so real investigations can begin as to these traitors....but the whining will need to stop, and some people who actually want to win vs whining need to change this culture starting with these brain dead delays on this nomination.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Committee contacts Ford's friend about party; 'she has no recollection' of it, lawyer says

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/22/politics/kavanaugh-ford-accuser-nomination/index.html

Washington (CNN)As the Senate Judiciary Committee staff negotiates with attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a past sexual assault, over a potential hearing on Thursday, Republican staffers are working to interview those who may have information about the alleged incident.

CNN has learned that the committee has reached out to a longtime friend of Ford named Leland Ingham Keyser.

"I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article," a committee staffer wrote Keyser earlier this week.

On Saturday night, her lawyer, Howard Walsh, released a statement to CNN and the Senate Judiciary Committee.

"Simply put," Walsh said, "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

The lawyer acknowledged to CNN that Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford's.

2seaoat

"Simply put," Walsh said, "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

A big who cares. Where does it say that friends were in attendance at this party. She would have stated Ms Keyser was present. She was never mentioned as being present, yet republican staff members think that picking any one of her friends who do not have knowledge of this party goes to show that it never happened. Total irrelevant and intentionally distracting non evidence. I just cannot believe how clumsy Republicans have been on this simple issue. Give respect to the alleged victim. Do an investigation. However, this is exactly the kind of distraction which is boneheaded stupid and will illicit a huge backlash from intelligent people. Stop it. Stop trying to blame the victim as a means to attacking her allegations. They are truthful but entirely irrelevant to a confirmation hearing forty years later.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

I would just like to say for the record that I was not in the room when after losing three rounds of beer pong to her in a row ... Judge Kavanaugh followed Dr Ford upstairs to the bedroom, held her down, and felt her up.

2seaoat

Well, that clears up one person who was not at the party, but where was Billy Bush.........because he saw the whole thing. A big who cares. The stupidity is on steroids. This is a simple she said he said, and she is telling the truth, but given all allegations validity does NOT change the relevancy argument. People in America have due process rights and this mob rushing to condemn this man based on this silliness is beyond the pale. Fortunately, common sense will prevail and the judge will be confirmed. America loses if this new low in confirmations becomes the standard where the judiciary is politicized. It used to be actual decisions and competency mattered. There was such hysteria among the democrats, and the behavior of the NJ senator is priceless......Mr. grouper who desperately tried to break senate rules to show.......absolutely nothing but how impotent democrats are despite 52 to 40 polling numbers on the midterm which means absolutely nothing at the individual congressional districts. When will people stop this super charged non thinking partisan interference with a judicial nomination. The Democrats simply do not get it.....you need to win elections and if you think Booker is going to be President.......not a fricking chance. If you think Trump is going to be beat with these economic numbers......not a chance.....Trump will win in 2020 because Democrats are unwilling to get voters to the polls and would rather put on show trials which are totally irrelevant. Does anybody really think average Americans give a chit about this political show......nope, the only ones who care are crazed partisans in the beltway.

PkrBum

PkrBum

2seaoat wrote:"Simply put," Walsh said, "Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

A big who cares.  Where does it say that friends were in attendance at this party.   She would have stated Ms Keyser was present.  She was never mentioned as being present, yet republican staff members think that picking any one of her friends who do not have knowledge of this party goes to show that it never happened.   Total irrelevant and intentionally distracting non evidence.  I just cannot believe how clumsy Republicans have been on this simple issue.  Give respect to the alleged victim.  Do an investigation.  However, this is exactly the kind of distraction which is boneheaded stupid and will illicit a huge backlash from intelligent people.   Stop it.  Stop trying to blame the victim as a means to attacking her allegations.   They are truthful but entirely irrelevant to a confirmation hearing forty years later.

"I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party"

Who's making assertions here? Who promoted a version of events to include witnesses? It's not random.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote: People in America have due process rights

You are applyhing a standard that doesn't and never existed for Supreme Court nominations.  The criminal "Due Process" standard doesn't apply to suitability determinations when applying for a job. I understand that you, personally, may think that it should ... but in reality, it doesn't.

2seaoat wrote:
  America loses if this new low in confirmations becomes the standard where the judiciary is politicized.

This "new low" is in actuality just a continuation of a downward trend that's been going on for some time now.

This is why they need to bring back the 60% rule.  If Kavanaugh can't get 60% (regardless of the reason why) ... then he shouldn't be nominated IMO.

2seaoat wrote:
The Democrats simply do not get it.....you need to win elections and if you think Booker is going to be President.......not a fricking chance.

I agree 100% with that.  

Trump could easily get re-elected if Demos go off the rails in the eyes of Mainstreet America in choosing their candidate.  They need to be paying attention what's palatable to voters in the Midwest ... and I got news for them ... it ain't the likes of Cory Booker.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum