Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Optimism of Barrack Obama

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Optimism of Barrack Obama Empty The Optimism of Barrack Obama 1/15/2017, 12:30 pm

Vikingwoman

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/14/opinion/sunday/the-optimism-of-barack-obama.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region®ion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

2The Optimism of Barrack Obama Empty Re: The Optimism of Barrack Obama 1/15/2017, 12:46 pm

2seaoat

I believe in a positive attitude. It improves the quality of life for your family and your community. I find evil and negative attacks in America to have grown as the very man who encourages positive thoughts for all Americans came to power. It is an unthinkable contradiction. I did not vote for him, but I will hold him and Ike close to my heart as the Presidents I most respect in my lifetime. I have lived a blessed life to see such good and great men serve this nation. America will do just fine under President elect Trump, and we must pray for the good to prevail, and fight evil where it raises its ugly head.

Vikingwoman

I'm not sure how you can say "America will do fine under Trump" when millions will lose their health insurance, we will most likely go to war and the poor will suffer greatly?

2seaoat

If anybody bought the illusion that the ACA was going to be dumped, they were fooled by propaganda. The SNL skit was perfect. President elect Trump announces at a press conference that he will repeal Obamacare, and he has found this great replacement plan......it is called the ACA. There is truth in that comedy. All the political rhetoric. Eight years of obstruction, and finally folks are going to look at ways to improve the ACA. It should have been done from the git go. The one thing I cannot disagree with you about is that poor people will be chit on by the special interests and MIC.......it is a given if they get a candidate in office. The part that gives me hope is how many middle class, and even upper middle class folks who got benefit from the ACA. I am hoping for positive improvements in the ACA. The rhetoric of trying to disassociate all the good things from the ACA from President Obama......nothing new there......we all know the black guy has to be put in his place.

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:I'm not sure how you can say "America will do fine under Trump" when millions will lose their health insurance, we will most likely go to war and the poor will suffer greatly?

Nice to see you are eager to continue to escape realism.

Last edited by Markle on 1/15/2017, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

The individual mandate must go... and the forced services that a person may not need... or want.

Unless that takes place... I'll agree with you and the criticism is deserved. Wake me up when it starts.

Vikingwoman

Love lump: if the services are not needed they won't be used and it won't cost the insurance companies anything.

Vikingwoman wrote:Love lump: if the services are not needed they won't be used and it won't cost the insurance companies anything.

The criticism darlin'... is things like nuns having to pay for contraception... or young people forced to buy an obamacaid value pack when they would probably be best served by catastrophic insurance. The entire premise of the govt forcing the left's subjective beliefs highly irritates me.

Y'all need to realize that the powers you cede to govt can and will ultimately be used to control you too.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:The individual mandate must go...

It never ceases to amaze me that conservatives will decry all the "takers" in this country whom they see as lazy good-for-nothings sponging off the public teat, but are perfectly willing to let WORKING people who could well afford health insurance but just don't feel like paying for it, sponge off the rest of us by getting their health care in emergency rooms and/or paid for by Medicaid (which one doesn't have to  be elderly to receive), driving up health care costs for EVERYONE ELSE.  The individual mandate was the RIGHT AND PROPER thing to do, and it's going to be a huge challenge for the Republicans to keep the best parts of Obamacare in place without that critically important (and FAIR) element.

10The Optimism of Barrack Obama Empty Re: The Optimism of Barrack Obama 1/15/2017, 10:20 pm

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:Love lump: if the services are not needed they won't be used and it won't cost the insurance companies anything.

You just refuse to go to the trouble of learning what mandates are and how they affect the cost of health insurance. Why is that?

11The Optimism of Barrack Obama Empty Re: The Optimism of Barrack Obama 1/15/2017, 10:25 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The individual mandate must go...
It never ceases to amaze me that conservatives will decry all the "takers" in this country whom they see as lazy good-for-nothings sponging off the public teat, but are perfectly willing to let WORKING people who could well afford health insurance but just don't feel like paying for it, sponge off the rest of us by getting their health care in emergency rooms and/or paid for by Medicaid (which one doesn't have to  be elderly to receive), driving up health care costs for EVERYONE ELSE.  The individual mandate was the RIGHT AND PROPER thing to do, and it's going to be a huge challenge for the Republicans to keep the best parts of Obamacare in place without that critically important (and FAIR) element.

The solution is simple, isn't it?

Allow people to buy the health care they WANT just as they do with auto insurance. If they only want catastrophic insurance, and there is a company in another state with a great policy for less money, let them buy it. Right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum