Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ignorance and fear versus education and optimism

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

The truth is that as bad as Donald Trump's candidacy has been, it is only indicative of the underlying divide in America. America if rife with racism, xenophobic fear, and economic uncertainty. However, after watching the Al Smith dinner, I looked at the electoral map of that election when Smith the Democrat and Catholic took on Hoover. In that election, the entire nation went for Hoover, except Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina and Ma. Yes, the core lock step Dixiecrats have been fighting the majority of Americans consistently since the Civil War. With the exception of Ma these same states will vote for Trump. There is talk that Georgia may be peeled off, but the truth is that the underlying disdain for America is geographic, capable of being handed down among families, not party bound because the Nixon Southern Strategy converted this movement to the Republican Party. The problem is that some folks in this country want to destroy the Union.......still. Education is ridiculed. Sophistication and civilization are ridiculed. Equal Protection is actively fought with out right policy or dog whistle. Federal government is ridiculed, yet Tamney Hall type democratic patronage with the military has been consistent as most of the military bases and economic gain from the same are located in this geographic region.

Until this block of fear and hate is broken up, Ignorance will prevail in American politics. When those core anti American states start having contests and do not vote as a block, then America will be on the road to healing. It is not terrorist or foreign nations which pose a threat to America. It is utter ignorance fostered in a specific geographic region of this nation which poses the biggest threat. Hopefully Georgia will part with Trump, and slowly these states will have rational political debates in those states and not this fascist conformity.

I killed it at the poker table last night. Won a satellite seat to a big tourn... then won almost 500 at 1-2 nlhe. There were three ladies at the table and three old men. I like to purposefully get caught bluffing right away... and then nobody believed me for the rest of the session... lol. The big tourn is next Saturday 29th.

2seaoat

I am glad you are enjoying poker. I am not able to sit very long anymore at a poker table, and I am playing terrible poker. It has been three years since I have won. I have played in no Tournaments this year for the first time in eight years. I used to win five to six thousand in tournaments which offset my carnival game play. I am now $1,500 down for the year after being up $3,000 which was mostly playing the carnival game Mississippi Stud. I am falling a sleep at the table, and I am not observing people with any consistency, and in poker it is playing people first, and your cards second. I have gone two years without winning on any visit to Greyhound Park in Pensacola. I am now a bad poker player. I would like to blame the advancement of the disease, but part of it is just discomfort sitting for a period of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum