Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meryl Streep speaks on Trump

+5
Sal
polecat
Telstar
VectorMan
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:25 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I do believe that the statements of our leaders do have an effect on at least certain segments of our society. I think she is right in saying that Trump's behavior tends to give permission to some to express attitudes and act out in ways that previously would not have been socially acceptable.

Sort of like Obama and some of his statements?

Like so many of the statements made by the right wingers on this forum these are more hollow words, a mere chattering and yapping like a small dog nipping at someone's heels. Are you able to give us some examples of President Obama's comments that would qualify as socially unacceptable?

Trump on the other hand continues to act in an immature way with his reflexive and demeaning tweets. He is the least presidential "president elect" in history. His words do have impact and power due to his position. He has a record of name calling, demeaning and bullying others. Streep's words expressed the concern of many millions of Americans.

Trump is not aND has never been a seasoned,  well groomed-polished-practiced and coached politician.

Well I have to agree with you on that.

But is it too much to ask for him to speak respectfully? He is no longer just an entertainer or businessman. Given his lack of governmental experience you would think he'd be trying to learn about government and history rather than tweeting about things he is personally offended by. He needs to broaden his horizon beyond just himself.

Agree Polecat!

27Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 1:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Trump is not aND has never been a seasoned,  well groomed-polished-practiced and coached politician.

Trump is a "seasoned, well groomed-polished-practiced and coached" conman, and you are his mark.

Congratulations, sucker.
unfortunately. ..many politicians would fit that description.

28Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 1:33 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Trump is a "seasoned, well groomed-polished-practiced and coached" conman, and you are his mark.

Congratulations, sucker.
unfortunately. ..many politicians would fit that description.

I would say Trump is well versed in entertainment. He is good at drawing the audience's attention to things that deflect criticism of him such as when he attacks people like Streep by calling her over-rated.

Unfortunately he has yet to exhibit even basic knowledge of how government works. Sadly this is the issue. He is now president elect yet fails to respect his own position by striking out at relatively trivial things. One would hope, in view of his total and complete lack of experience in government that he might have more constructive things to be tending to at this time.

29Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 3:28 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Props to Hugh Laurie who started the ball rolling.

30Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 5:03 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:I do believe that the statements of our leaders do have an effect on at least certain segments of our society. I think she is right in saying that Trump's behavior tends to give permission to some to express attitudes and act out in ways that previously would not have been socially acceptable.

From the lady who supported a  rapist Roman Polanski

31Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 5:56 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:

And this of course serves to excuse Mr. T for all his childish antics and invalidates her comments? He is still a bully and a poor example for the rest of us. That doesn't change.

32Meryl Streep speaks on Trump - Page 2 Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 7:09 pm

Markle

Markle

Tellthetruth wrote:

Not only supported, she gave him a standing ovation! The director fled the United States in 1978 to avoid prosecution for the rape of a 13-year-old girl. Polanski finally admitted his guilt in 2011!

THAT is who were denigrating President Donald Trump.

Not unlike the adoration Hollywood and Progressives heap on pedophile Michael Jackson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum