Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meryl Streep speaks on Trump

+5
Sal
polecat
Telstar
VectorMan
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/9/2017, 11:42 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I do believe that the statements of our leaders do have an effect on at least certain segments of our society. I think she is right in saying that Trump's behavior tends to give permission to some to express attitudes and act out in ways that previously would not have been socially acceptable.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Streep=Hillary Flunky=Sore Loser

There were many losers this time around.

Suck it up Libtards!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

VectorMan wrote:Streep=Hillary Flunky=Sore Loser

There were many losers this time around.

Suck it up Libtards!

Her lamentations are about the loss of respect and empathy for others that seems to be the only "Trickle Down" that unfortunately works.

othershoe1030 wrote:I do believe that the statements of our leaders do have an effect on at least certain segments of our society. I think she is right in saying that Trump's behavior tends to give permission to some to express attitudes and act out in ways that previously would not have been socially acceptable.

Like seagoat attacking Markle's father's war service and implying that it has made Markle a homosexual?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I do believe that the statements of our leaders do have an effect on at least certain segments of our society. I think she is right in saying that Trump's behavior tends to give permission to some to express attitudes and act out in ways that previously would not have been socially acceptable.

Like seagoat attacking Markle's father's war service and implying that it has made Markle a homosexual?

The implication is simply that more people are likely to think rude and insulting comments and behavior are now the new normal because of the insulting, name calling, mocking and disrespectful actions of the president elect.  A leader's behavior is important and has an impact on others.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:

You're acting as if seaoat is attacking you because you are a ...oh so that's the real reason for your concern. The lady doth protest protest too much, methinks. Carry on sweetie. flower

Telstar

Telstar

WHAAAAAA!!!!   Diaper Donald responds to Streep speech. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/movies/trump-meryl-streep-golden-globes-speech.html?_r=0

Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Trump_32

polecat

polecat

"Mr. Trump, we need you in the situation room."
"What is it?"
"An actor said mean things about you, Mr. President."- Will McAvoy

The celebrity president-elect doesn't like celebrities because he is not part of the in crowd. Sad.

I'm starting to wonder whether Trump could really defeat ISIS, since he was completely trounced by Meryl Streep. - Andy Borowitz

Kellyanne Conway wants us to "look into Trump's heart" which is easy to do, as he's so thin-skinned most internal organs are visible. - John Fugelsang

These intelligence briefings are Trump's idea of hell: an hour of nothing but facts.- Andy Borowitz

If @hillaryclinton must attend the inauguration, I recommend she wear a big, warm Russian hat and swig from a bottle of Stolichnaya. - Joan Walsh Tweet

Three Hundred Million Americans Now Enrolled in Trump University. - Andy Borowitz

Why doesn't Trump self-fund his Great Wall if he's so sure Mexico's going to pay the money back later? No US bank would lend him the money. - Richard Hine

Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 15421010

Sal

Sal

It's certainly Streep's right to speak out about this impending disaster, and she did so quite eloquently.

It does, however, play right into Trumps fiendish little hands.

He loves reacting to this sort of thing, and then watching the press react to his reaction.

This has stolen all of the oxygen for the day, meanwhile his diabolical band of reprobate nominees are being forced through without disclosing financials nor clearing ethics reviews, and the press is distracted yet again.

We'd do well to quit focusing on his antics and zero in on his less sensational but more nefarious efforts to undermine our democracy.

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:It's certainly Streep's right to speak out about this impending disaster, and she did so quite eloquently.

He loves reacting to this sort of thing, and then watching the press react to his reaction.

This has stolen all of the oxygen for the day, meanwhile his diabolical band of reprobate nominees are being forced through without disclosing financials nor clearing ethics reviews, and the press is distracted yet again.

We'd do well to quit focusing on his antics and zero in on his less sensational but more nefarious efforts to undermine our democracy.

Well Trump had better get used to it. I doubt he's going to get much honest praise unless it's in Russian.

Sort of like Obama and some of his statements?

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:

Comparing the potential deleterious effect of the words and actions of the president-elect of the most powerful nation on Earth to the words of a little private forum poster is false equivalency if I ever saw it. Yes, I agree Seaoat's attacks are wrong, don't elevate the conversation, don't light any candles, etc., etc., but there is simply NO COMPARISON to the damage Trump does on a daily basis and has the potential to continue wreaking from an even more influential position in just a couple of weeks.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

You're acting as if seaoat is attacking you because you are a ...oh so that's the real reason for your concern. The lady doth protest protest too much, methinks. Carry on sweetie. flower

I have no idea what you are talking about here and I don't really care so you needn't take this as a request for an explanation.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:

Please give us some examples of some of President Obabma's statements that seem socially unacceptable. I think he's done a very respectful and professional job of being president.

Trump on the other hand has yet to take his current position or the office of President seriously. Let's hope the gravity of the office starts to sink in and have some effect on his behavior. Right now his actions are largely just embarrassing.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about here and I don't really care so you needn't take this as a request for an explanation.

I don't think he was referring to you.

16Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/9/2017, 10:38 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I don't think he was referring to you.

That's good news. No wonder it didn't make any sense, lol.

17Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/9/2017, 11:07 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:It's certainly Streep's right to speak out about this impending disaster, and she did so quite eloquently.

Other than her choir, no one cares what Meryl Streep thinks of President Donald Trump.

She is an excellent actress and received a lifetime award. She had the option of showing stunning class and thanking those who helped, inspired, encouraged her along the way and showing great class. Instead, she opted for the LOW ROAD and chose a few minutes of adoration by her syncophants.

18Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/9/2017, 11:21 pm

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

no one cares what Meryl Streep thinks

Actually, many people care what she thinks, because she's really good at what she does.

On the other hand, no one gives a shit what you think, even on this little forum, because you suck.

19Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:35 am

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

no one cares what Meryl Streep thinks

Actually, many people care what she thinks, because she's really good at what she does.

On the other hand, no one gives a shit what you think, even on this little forum, because you suck.

Ahhh...life is good. Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiating from the hate and vitriol of a Progressive! Keep up the good work!

Meryl Streep speaks on Trump BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

20Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 1:19 am

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:I don't think he was referring to you.

That's good news. No wonder it didn't make any sense, lol.

We're cool othershoe. It wasn't directed at you. Smile

21Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 11:34 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:

Like so many of the statements made by the right wingers on this forum these are more hollow words, a mere chattering and yapping like a small dog nipping at someone's heels. Are you able to give us some examples of President Obama's comments that would qualify as socially unacceptable?

Trump on the other hand continues to act in an immature way with his reflexive and demeaning tweets. He is the least presidential "president elect" in history. His words do have impact and power due to his position. He has a record of name calling, demeaning and bullying others. Streep's words expressed the concern of many millions of Americans.

22Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:07 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:

Other than her choir, no one cares what Meryl Streep thinks of President Donald Trump.

She is an excellent actress and received a lifetime award.  She had the option of showing stunning class and thanking those who helped, inspired, encouraged her along the way and showing great class.  Instead, she opted for the LOW ROAD and chose a few minutes of adoration by her syncophants.

I CARE WHAT MERYL STREEP THINKS, and she demonstrated for the world to see how beautiful a person she is. She wasn't the only one who spoke, BTW...there were several others. I'd much rather be identified with Meryl Streep than that card-carrying Nazi you support, TOADIE.

23Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

Like so many of the statements made by the right wingers on this forum these are more hollow words, a mere chattering and yapping like a small dog nipping at someone's heels. Are you able to give us some examples of President Obama's comments that would qualify as socially unacceptable?

Trump on the other hand continues to act in an immature way with his reflexive and demeaning tweets. He is the least presidential "president elect" in history. His words do have impact and power due to his position. He has a record of name calling, demeaning and bullying others. Streep's words expressed the concern of many millions of Americans.

Trump is not aND has never been a seasoned,  well groomed-polished-practiced and coached politician.

24Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:19 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Trump is not aND has never been a seasoned,  well groomed-polished-practiced and coached politician.

Trump is a "seasoned, well groomed-polished-practiced and coached" conman, and you are his mark.

Congratulations, sucker.

25Meryl Streep speaks on Trump Empty Re: Meryl Streep speaks on Trump 1/10/2017, 12:22 pm

polecat

polecat

If our new president is going to personally respond to every celebrity who calls him an asshole, this is going to be a very long 4 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum