Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore. A prime reason the recovery from the recession has been so anemic putting millions more on welfare and food stamps.

Report: Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work
by CHRISS W. STREET30 Dec 2016newport beach, Ca107

The number of women in part-time jobs has doubled in the eight years of President Barack Obama’s tenure, because his management of the economy has produced very few new full-time jobs, according to a new report by left-wing academics.

From 2005 to 2015, the percentage of men in “alternative work” increased modestly from 12.3 percent to 14.7 percent; but the percentage of women in alternative work almost double from 8.9 percent to 17.0 percent, according to President Obama’s former Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, Alan Krueger.

“We find that 94 percent of net job growth in the past decade was in the alternative work category,” he acknowledged, despite Obama’s claim to have created 15 million “good jobs at good wages.” He added, “And over 60% was due to the [the rise] of independent contractors, freelancers and contract company workers.”

Essentially, nearly all of the jobs created in the last decade were not traditional nine-to-five jobs, the report showed.

Krueger co-authored the report for the National Bureau of Economic Research, and showed how found the percentage of American workers employed in “alternative work,” an economist’s polite term for part time and temporary help, jumped from 10.7 percent to 15.8 percent between 2005 and 2015.

http://www.breitbart.com/social-justice/2016/12/30/obama-pushes-women-part-time-work/

My Progressive good friends, please respond with FACTS refuting MY FACTS rather than whining about where I found the article. The report, as you see, is not from Breitbart but rather the National Bureau of Economic Research.

2seaoat

I love it when a person of lesser intelligence tries to explain something which is clearly above their pay grade. Since the ACA was implemented people were no longer chained to full time employment in jobs they did not like. Second in the last ten years the babyboomers have been retiring at close to 10k a day. I am working part time, and I am collecting social security. Most of my friends have retired and are consulting or working greatly reduced hours. I have female friends who worked at a hospital to keep her preexisting condition husband insured, and now has left full time employment to work part time and travel with her retired husband. So I read the article and did not see anything about the lie you posted as the thread title. I mean you have zero ethics and it only figures that you conducted your real estate career lying to people. President Obama had nothing to do with 10k folks a day retiring from full time employment and picking up consulting, and part time employment. Nor is the ACA a bad thing which allows women to leave their full time employment and work part time to spend time with their children. The worst part your title is simply a blatant lie. You spam this forum with every thread you start. You are that person at the party who is loud and boring, when people finally confront his obnoxious behavior, he pulls his pants down and craps in the living room, and then says.....I love to occupy your minds.......No Mr. Markle a more accurate description is that your stench occupies our collective noses.

2seaoat

I mean this trend is explained by the management of the economy in your lie. Newspeak in pure Orwellian splendor as not one sentence in that article addresses the causes of increasing part time work, which is structural and obvious to any high school graduate who had a consumer economics course in high school, yet this propaganda just keeps being manufactured. If your were not such a social outcast, maybe somebody would have taken the time to potty train you in the social context, but please use the bathroom in private and save us from your smelly spam.

Sal

Sal

Our first Labor Force Participation Rate thread of the new year!

And, despite the fact that it has been repeatedly demonstrated to Markle and PeeDawg that these numbers do not mean what they think they mean, it will certainly not be the last.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Our first Labor Force Participation Rate thread of the new year!

And, despite the fact that it has been repeatedly demonstrated to Markle and PeeDawg that these numbers do not mean what they think they mean, it will certainly not be the last.

Where?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

Where?

There are literally dozens of examples, but here's just one ....

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t24601-markle-and-the-labor-force-participation-rate?highlight=Labor+participation

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

Where?

There are literally dozens of examples, but here's just one ....

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t24601-markle-and-the-labor-force-participation-rate?highlight=Labor+participation

Your post said it is on this thread. Show me.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/04/obamas-numbers-april-2016-update/

Summary

Since President Barack Obama first took office:
The U.S. trade deficit has shrunk by 24 percent; exports have grown faster than imports.
The number of immigrants in the U.S. illegally has gone down — by 3.4 percent according to one independent estimate and by 9 percent according to another.
The economy has added 9.7 million jobs.
The unemployment rate has dropped below the historical norm.
The buying power of the average worker’s weekly paycheck is up 4.2 percent.
Corporate profits are running 144 percent higher and stock prices have soared.
Federal debt has more than doubled, and annual deficits, after shrinking, are again on the rise.
The number of people lacking health insurance has gone down by nearly 15 million.
Those are just some of the findings in our latest installment of Obama’s Numbers.

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work ObamasNumbers-2016-Q1_3

[...]

Jobs & Unemployment

Number of Jobs — The economy has added 456,000 jobs since we published our last report. As of March, total nonfarm employment stood 9,721,000 higher than when Obama first took office.

That 9.7 million gain is less than the nearly 23 million jobs gained during the booming years of Bill Clinton’s presidency, but seven times greater than the 1.3 million added during President George W. Bush’s eight years, which were plagued by two recessions.

Unemployment Rate — Meanwhile the unemployment rate remained at 5 percent, where it had been as of our last update. The rate fell to 4.9 percent in January and February but ticked back up in March.

It’s now 2.8 percentage points lower than it was in January 2009, when the president first took office in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Furthermore, the jobless rate is now significantly lower than the historical norm. In all the months between 1948 and the time Obama took office, the median jobless rate was 5.5 percent.

Job Openings — The number of job openings has nearly doubled under Obama.

In July of last year, the number of job openings reached nearly 5.8 million — the highest level in the 15 years that the Bureau of Labor Statistics has been tracking it.

And as of the end of February, the most recent month on record, the BLS said there were 5,445,000 job openings. That’s 97 percent more than in January 2009, and only 6 percent below the record July level.

The number of job openings now has exceeded 5 million for 13 consecutive months.

Labor Participation Rate —With jobs plentiful, many who hadn’t been looking for work are starting to do so. The labor force participation rate rose again in March to 63 percent, the highest point in two years.
But the participation rate (the portion of the entire civilian population age 16 and over that is either employed or currently looking for work) is still 2.7 percentage points lower than when Obama took office.
That decline is due mostly to factors outside the control of any president — factors such as the post-World War II baby boomers reaching retirement age. The rate peaked and started a long-predicted decline in 2000, the year that people born in 1945 turned 55 and became eligible for early retirement benefits under Social Security.
Survey data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in December show that those outside the labor force in 2014 said their reasons for not working were retirement (44 percent), illness or disability (19 percent), school
attendance (18 percent) or home responsibilities (15 percent). Only 3 percent said they couldn’t find a job, or gave some other reason.
Long-term Unemployment — One lingering effect of the 2007-2009 recession is the number of long-term unemployed —
those who have been looking for work for 27 weeks or longer.
While the number of long-term jobless is 486,000 fewer than when the president first took office, it has gone up 128,000 since our last report, to stand at just over 2.2 million.
That’s 889,000 higher than in December 2007, at the start of the Great Recession.
The average length of unemployment also remains far above pre-recession levels.
On average, those who were unemployed in March had been without work for 28.4 weeks. That’s 11.8 weeks longer than at the start of the recession, and 8.6 weeks longer than the month Obama first took office..."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Lame Dork Poster Markle is pushing some more Breitbart junk. Time for this post again:

10 of Breitbart's most incendiary headlines

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/14/media/breitbart-incendiary-headlines/index.html

Breitbart is a website noted for publishing incendiary headlines, many of them being outwardly racist, misogynist, and anti-Semitic. Here are just some of the more provocative headlines that have appeared in 2015/2016:

'The solution to online 'harassment' is simple: Women should log off'

'Bill Kristol: Republican spoiler, renegade Jew'

'Trannies whine about hilarious Bruce Jenner billboard'

'Birth control makes women unattractive and crazy'

'Suck it up buttercups: Dangerous Faggot Tour returns to colleges in September'

'Hoist it high and proud: The Confederate flag proclaims a glorious heritage'

'Would you rather your child had feminism or cancer?'

'Gay rights have made us dumber, it's time to get back in the closet'

'Science proves it: Fat-shaming works'

'There's no hiring bias against women in tech, they just suck at interviews'

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

If he had an education, or was highly intelligent, it might be tolerable, but Mr. Markle simply is that bore at the party who wants to tell us how great he was in high school sports, or loudly proclaims he just bought a new car, and he got the best sound system, but instead of loudly building himself up he loudly declares that the labor participation rate went up during a period when 10k people a day are leaving full time labor markets......and he forgets that he has told that story about his new car, not once, not twice, not ten times, but over fifty times when we finally remind him that he bought that "new" car ten years ago

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If he had an education, or was highly intelligent, it might be tolerable, but Mr. Markle simply is that bore at the party who wants to tell us how great he was in high school sports, or loudly proclaims he just bought a new car, and he got the best sound system, but instead of loudly building himself up he loudly declares that the labor participation rate went up during a period when 10k people a day are leaving full time labor markets......and he forgets that he has told that story about his new car, not once, not twice, not ten times, but over fifty times when we finally remind him that he bought that "new" car ten years ago

Oh, and where you are denigrating my education, you improperly used a comma.

Please show me where I told a story about buying a new car...over fifty times.  Ten or fifteen will suffice.

Ditto about it having the best sound system. Please show us where I have ever mentioned a sound system in a car.

I have also NEVER proclaimed that the labor participation rate went up.  It has, in fact, and what I have posted, is that it has DECLINED.

I also never said I bought a "new" car ten years ago. Why do you say "new" car instead of new car?  However, I did purchase a new Harley within the past year.

Please explain the purpose of this WORD SALAD. I mean other than a childish, senseless personal attack.

I realize I have embarrassed you by bringing it to your attention that you 10,000 retirees is the reason for the DROP in the labor participation rate due to our population INCREASING.

2seaoat

I realize I have embarrassed you by bringing it to your attention that you 10,000 retirees is the reason for the DROP in the labor participation rate due to our population INCREASING.

The new car was an analogy. I am not surprised you had difficulty with higher level conceptual thought. As to making mistakes in spelling or sentence structure, I always appreciate correction as it is easy to get sloppy when posting in real time as evidenced by the above "bringing to your attention that you 10,000 retirees" which suggests you are a fricking idiot or you made a mistake. Where you did not make a mistake, but posted intentionally propaganda which takes a fact which economist have explained and attempted to incorrectly blame on President Obama's economic policies on the same. Please note that participation began dropping in 2000 when post WWII babyboomers starting reaching the age of 55 and have continued for sixteen years, which has been explained to you. Also you do not understand population bubbles because as you have demonstrated in the car analogy you have difficulty with higher level critical thinking. The population increasing has nothing to do with the distribution of the same, and as the bubble retires even with growing population more people are retiring than are entering the work force. So your mistake in the above sentence was just sloppy and unintentional like sloppy journalism, but your mistake in the constant spamming of this forum was intentional fake news used in your clumsy and sophomoric propaganda. Pull your pants up and please use the bathroom instead of crapping on the floor over and over again.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:in the constant spamming of this forum was intentional fake news used in your clumsy and sophomoric propaganda.

cheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

What Seaoat said! Clumsy and sophomoric.........

Did you learn brown nosing in the military? Or is it a natural talent?

Floridatexan wrote:http://www.factcheck.org/2016/04/obamas-numbers-april-2016-update/

Summary

Since President Barack Obama first took office:
The U.S. trade deficit has shrunk by 24 percent; exports have grown faster than imports.
The number of immigrants in the U.S. illegally has gone down — by 3.4 percent according to one independent estimate and by 9 percent according to another.
The economy has added 9.7 million jobs.
The unemployment rate has dropped below the historical norm.
The buying power of the average worker’s weekly paycheck is up 4.2 percent.
Corporate profits are running 144 percent higher and stock prices have soared.
Federal debt has more than doubled, and annual deficits, after shrinking, are again on the rise.
The number of people lacking health insurance has gone down by nearly 15 million.
Those are just some of the findings in our latest installment of Obama’s Numbers.

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work ObamasNumbers-2016-Q1_3

[...]

Jobs & Unemployment

Number of Jobs — The economy has added 456,000 jobs since we published our last report. As of March, total nonfarm employment stood 9,721,000 higher than when Obama first took office.

That 9.7 million gain is less than the nearly 23 million jobs gained during the booming years of Bill Clinton’s presidency, but seven times greater than the 1.3 million added during President George W. Bush’s eight years, which were plagued by two recessions.

Unemployment Rate — Meanwhile the unemployment rate remained at 5 percent, where it had been as of our last update. The rate fell to 4.9 percent in January and February but ticked back up in March.

It’s now 2.8 percentage points lower than it was in January 2009, when the president first took office in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Furthermore, the jobless rate is now significantly lower than the historical norm. In all the months between 1948 and the time Obama took office, the median jobless rate was 5.5 percent.

Job Openings —  The number of job openings has nearly doubled under Obama.

In July of last year, the number of job openings reached nearly 5.8 million — the highest level in the 15 years that the Bureau of Labor Statistics has been tracking it.

And as of the end of February, the most recent month on record, the BLS said there were 5,445,000 job openings. That’s 97 percent more than in January 2009, and only 6 percent below the record July level.

The number of job openings now has exceeded 5 million for 13 consecutive months.

Labor Participation Rate —With jobs plentiful, many who hadn’t been looking for work are starting to do so. The labor force participation rate rose again in March to 63 percent, the highest point in two years.
But the participation rate (the portion of the entire civilian population age 16 and over that is either employed or currently looking for work) is still 2.7 percentage points lower than when Obama took office.
That decline is due mostly to factors outside the control of any president — factors such as the post-World War II baby boomers reaching retirement age. The rate peaked and started a long-predicted decline in 2000, the year that people born in 1945 turned 55 and became eligible for early retirement benefits under Social Security.
Survey data published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in December show that those outside the labor force in 2014 said their reasons for not working were retirement (44 percent), illness or disability (19 percent), school
attendance (18 percent) or home responsibilities (15 percent). Only 3 percent said they couldn’t find a job, or gave some other reason.
Long-term Unemployment — One lingering effect of the 2007-2009 recession is the number of long-term unemployed —
those who have been looking for work for 27 weeks or longer.
While the number of long-term jobless is 486,000 fewer than when the president first took office, it has gone up 128,000 since our last report, to stand at just over 2.2 million.
That’s 889,000 higher than in December 2007, at the start of the Great Recession.
The average length of unemployment also remains far above pre-recession levels.
On average, those who were unemployed in March had been without work for 28.4 weeks. That’s 11.8 weeks longer than at the start of the recession, and 8.6 weeks longer than the month Obama first took office..."

Is this more data from the same group of folks that claimed Trump could never beat Hillary?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I realize I have embarrassed you by bringing it to your attention that you 10,000 retirees is the reason for the DROP in the labor participation rate due to our population INCREASING.

The new car was an analogy.

Perhaps you should just say what you mean instead of being cute. Your word salads are really boring.

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work 6a5f1465-7871-4028-b01b-28bfa67d035f_zpszhhfjjwp

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Did you learn brown nosing in the military? Or is it a natural talent?

No, I was not a brown-noser, in fact. I told myself early-on, if I could not advance through merit, I would resign my commission. I didn't brown-nose in my civilian career afterward, either.

I am not brown-nosing on Seaoat, just agreeing with his position.  Razz

I agree with his positions a lot........ We tend to have similar views.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Your word salads are really boring.

Markle wrote:FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work B279c3ea-79da-4b58-bb78-a0f296b1a29b_zpszrqjnmlp

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Such a voluminous word salad

Why is nearly everything a 'word salad' to Lame Dork poster Markle? Shallow intellect and poor reading comprehension comes to mind.......

All I can say is, I agree with you Z-man........

Yep!

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Your word salads are really boring.

Markle wrote:FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work B279c3ea-79da-4b58-bb78-a0f296b1a29b_zpszrqjnmlp

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Such a voluminous word salad

Why is nearly everything a 'word salad' to Lame Dork poster Markle? Shallow intellect and poor reading comprehension comes to mind.......
All I can say is, I agree with you Z-man........[/size]

Yep!

Ahhh...life is good. Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiating from the hate and vitriol of a Progressive! Keep up the good work!

FACTS My Progressive Good Friends Wish to Ignore...Obama’s Economy Pushed Many Women, Men, Into Part-Time Work BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum