Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Progressive Good Friends Seem to Want to Ignore another EXTENSION for OBAMACARE...One to Push PRICE INCREASES UNTIL AFTER NEXT YEARS ELECTION...gee...go figure....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

This administration has lost any semblance of pride and are now running in a panic and desperation.  Do they really think their voter base is so ignorant that they'll not see through this latest fraud?  I guess they really do.

Health care
HHS announces small extension for ObamaCare sign-up, bigger delay next year
Published November 22, 2013
FoxNews.com

The Obama administration on Friday offered an extension of the current ObamaCare enrollment period -- though not exactly what Republicans were seeking. 

Federal health officials announced Friday afternoon that they'd give people another eight days this year to enroll in an insurance policy and still get covered by Jan. 1. Previously, people had to enroll by Dec. 15 to avoid any break in coverage and have insurance at the start of 2014. The administration, amid lingering problems with the main ObamaCare website, is now pushing that deadline to Dec. 23. 

The move comes after the administration announced a more significant delay to the start of next year's ObamaCare enrollment period. That decision was pitched as a way to give consumers and insurance companies more time to study their options, but also conveniently pushes the second round of enrollment past the 2014 midterm elections. 

With the administration still offering only modest relief for the current enrollment period, Republicans questioned why the administration was focusing on the second round of enrollment, a year away. 

"Another day, another delay, which begs the question, does the president think enrollment will be just as bad next year?" House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., said in a statement.

"It's stunning to see the president so willing to delay next year's open enrollment period rather than focus on the ongoing chaos and uncertainty that is plaguing implementation today."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/22/obamacare-enrollment-for-2015-to-reportedly-be-delayed-until-after-midterms/

Come on, tell us the FACTS are wrong.

dumpcare

The extension next year could very well be just to get past elections, but everyone in the insurance industry has been bitching about having Medicare and ACA open enrollments at the same time for months.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:The extension next year could very well be just to get past elections, but everyone in the insurance industry has been bitching about having Medicare and ACA open enrollments at the same time for months.
Not the reason and you should know it as well as anyone.  The insurance companies have to have their rates to the various state in the Summer.  President Barack Hussein Obama doesn't want those second year rates made public until after the election.  The rates will be leaked and this ploy seen for the naked ploy to hide the facts from the voters...AGAIN.  My guess is that it will anger voters and hurt Democrats far more than help.

2seaoat

Again, I totally do not understand your logic. What the heck does the timing of the insurance enrollment have to do with the election? Help me here......are you saying that if I just got separated from a twenty year job, and I am shopping for health insurance, I cannot get a policy in September 2014?

2seaoat wrote:Again, I totally do not understand your logic.   What the heck does the timing of the insurance enrollment have to do with the election?   Help me here......are you saying that if I just got separated from a twenty year job, and I am shopping for health insurance, I cannot get a policy in September 2014?
ask yourself this question.

if a election were RIGHT NOW with how the obamacare thing has rolled out, do you think the dems would be benefiting from it?

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Again, I totally do not understand your logic.   What the heck does the timing of the insurance enrollment have to do with the election?   Help me here......are you saying that if I just got separated from a twenty year job, and I am shopping for health insurance, I cannot get a policy in September 2014?
ask yourself this question.

if a election were RIGHT NOW with how the obamacare thing has rolled out, do you think the dems would be benefiting from it?
lol... remember who you're talking to... and who you're talking about. This sort of density takes alot of practice.

2seaoat

I think if the 2014 election was held today, the Republicans would barely hold onto the house.  They will lose the Senate.   They will lose net seats today or a year from today.  I am uncertain if with the gerrymandering there will be a change in the House even next year.  I was certain the Senate would go Republican next year but it appears there will be cannibal primaries.

I am serious.  Are you telling me if I loose my job in July next year, and I need to go into the individual plans.........I cannot get a policy right away?   Is this going to be like medicare with one set sign up period?  I completely do not understand how delaying the sign up period for eight days creates a problem.

dumpcare

Markle wrote:
ppaca wrote:The extension next year could very well be just to get past elections, but everyone in the insurance industry has been bitching about having Medicare and ACA open enrollments at the same time for months.
Not the reason and you should know it as well as anyone.  The insurance companies have to have their rates to the various state in the Summer.  President Barack Hussein Obama doesn't want those second year rates made public until after the election.  The rates will be leaked and this ploy seen for the naked ploy to hide the facts from the voters...AGAIN.  My guess is that it will anger voters and hurt Democrats far more than help.
I am very well aware the insurance company's have to have rates to the state sometime in the summer, but they don't have to be released until 45 days before the annual anniversary. Bet you didn't know the states dictate's what minimum rates can be requested and then go up from there.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:I think if the 2014 election was held today, the Republicans would barely hold onto the house.  They will lose the Senate.   They will lose net seats today or a year from today.  I am uncertain if with the gerrymandering there will be a change in the House even next year.  I was certain the Senate would go Republican next year but it appears there will be cannibal primaries.

I am serious.  Are you telling me if I loose my job in July next year, and I need to go into the individual plans.........I cannot get a policy right away?   Is this going to be like medicare with one set sign up period?  I completely do not understand how delaying the sign up period for eight days creates a problem.
If you lose group coverage through no fault of your own anytime during the year it create's a special enrollment period and yes you can get an individual within 60 days of losing that group, otherwise you will have to wait for the next open enrollment.

What cannot be done is someone waiting until they sick to sign up, won't happen outside of open enrollment unless there is SEP.

2seaoat

So what rates are going to apply to that mid summer sign up.....the newest approved, or the prior years? I just do not see this delay to be garnishing much political leverage.......I may be wrong.....I just do not see what Mr. Markle is saying.

2seaoat wrote:So what rates are going to apply to that mid summer sign up.....the newest approved, or the prior years?   I just do not see this delay to be garnishing much political leverage.......I may be wrong.....I just do not see what Mr. Markle is saying.
that's because you only see what you want to see. you don't see reality.

did it occur to you people might not be happy with these plans? did it occur to you that the process sucks.

I realize dreams the welfare queen comes on here and claims all is well, but this is NOT what is being reported all over the country including the high prices for many.

2seaoat

Actually, I am hearing first hand people who are getting improved policies and subsidy. I have not talked to one person who is unhappy about their new policy. I think the highest savings a year I have heard was over 3k, and these people going to vote are going to want to put people in office who are saving them money. If we are only talking about 1% with higher rates because of crap policies, the other 99% got better policies or lower rates. I would think if politics was the strategy, they would have rolled this out earlier based on the happy people I have talked to concerning purchased plans.

I know my daughter who has lupus now has all kinds of job opportunities where she is not anchored by here preexisting condition. I have heard as many as 26 million fit into that category, and my daughter is a staunch Republican prosecutor......who make in the privacy of the voting booth be concerned about her children getting health care more than petty politics.....the politics of this is obvious.......it is a growing success.

Oh yeah! I even get free prescriptions if I go through the mail order. I hope Chrissy keeps on working to pay for my health insurance. Life is grand!

2seaoat wrote:Actually, I am hearing first hand people who are getting improved policies and subsidy.   I have not talked to one person who is unhappy about their new policy.   I think the highest savings a year I have heard was over 3k, and these people going to vote are going to want to put people in office who are saving them money.  If we are only talking about 1% with higher rates because of crap policies, the other 99% got better policies or lower rates.  I would think if politics was the strategy, they would have rolled this out earlier based on the happy people I have talked to concerning purchased plans.

I know my daughter who has lupus now has all kinds of job opportunities where she is not anchored by here preexisting condition.   I have heard as many as 26 million fit into that category, and my daughter is a staunch Republican prosecutor......who make in the privacy of the voting booth be concerned about her children getting health care more than petty politics.....the politics of this is obvious.......it is a growing success.
mmm hmmm right. MILLIONS have LOST their insurance, the sign up was a HUGE failure, massive fraud, hackers already, etc etc etc and not to mention the cost of al these fabulous subsidies that tax payers have to pay. I mean just look even at dreams subsidy, that's like 6-7 thousand dollars for a person who says she well to do. wth. do you really in your head think this is viable? its a ploy for votes. this president only cares about being the hero, hot shot, spot light and POWER. right now he is AGAIN zooming around the nation do what? guess? LOL CAMPAIGNING. Rolling Eyes 

never the less I realize just like parker said. its useless to even waste my time with all the arm chair no it alls.

ps, if your daughter is a lawyer and shes worried about insurance, very odd, lupus doesn't get you disqualified from ins.

2seaoat

Lupus is a preexisting condition. People are flocking to policies which are giving them mobility. You put a magnifying glass on 1%, and try to convince people that the Affordable Care Act is a failure.......guess what.....people here are signing up and they are happy.....ALL the people I have talked to are excited by their savings and improvements in their coverage. Sorry, you are on the wrong side of history........

2seaoat wrote:Lupus is a preexisting condition.   People are flocking to policies which are giving them mobility.   You put a magnifying glass on 1%, and try to convince people that the Affordable Care Act is a failure.......guess what.....people here are signing up and they are happy.....ALL the people I have talked to are excited by their savings and improvements in their coverage.  Sorry, you are on the wrong side of history........
yes, im on the side that has to pay for it and have my profession torn apart over it. so I suppose I am. you are on the side that is ruining our system and making the nation go broke while creating a welfare state. be proud.

ps. I don't give a shit about the hand full of people you talked to. MILLIONS of people disagree with you. even Obama has been apologizing by coming up with that FIX that is ILLEGAL to even take. Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

Sorry to bust your bubble but you are worried about 1%, and the other 99% are getting insurance and are happy......the ball was fumbled on the first play of a football game. The winning team is now getting momentum......if it really was going to fail why would so many be so desperate to talk about a launch of a website as the gage of success.......the failed substance would be pointed out......do not see substance.....all procedure and fluff......each day......tick tock......people are finding out that the deadbeats will have to get insurance, and their policies are improved......it does not get much better listening to the shrill whines of those who thought the game was lost on the first play.

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Lupus is a preexisting condition.   People are flocking to policies which are giving them mobility.   You put a magnifying glass on 1%, and try to convince people that the Affordable Care Act is a failure.......guess what.....people here are signing up and they are happy.....ALL the people I have talked to are excited by their savings and improvements in their coverage.  Sorry, you are on the wrong side of history........
yes, im on the side that has to pay for it and have my profession torn apart over it. so I suppose I am. you are on the side that is ruining our system and making the nation go broke while creating a welfare state. be proud.

ps. I don't give a shit about the hand full of people you talked to. MILLIONS of people disagree with you. even Obama has been apologizing by coming up with that FIX that is ILLEGAL to even take. Rolling Eyes 
Who gives a shit about your profession? You're grossly overpaid to begin with. Somehow "healthcare" people and I use that term loosely think their wages should override people who have no care? What an utterly selfish being you are. I'd gladly take a pay cut if it meant someone could get medicine they need. I have more than enough in this life.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Who gives a shit about your profession? You're grossly overpaid to begin with. Somehow "healthcare" people and I use that term loosely think their wages should override people who have no care? What an utterly selfish being you are. I'd gladly take a pay cut if it meant someone could get medicine they need. I have more than enough in this life.
Your the one selfish. you are the one who goes around and has told us how well off you are and you are sucking up a 6-7 thousand dollar subsidy instead of just buying insurance yourself. after all wasn't obamacare supposed to help POOR people get insurance? right

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Didn't you boast on another thread how little you had to pay and the rest was a SUBSIDY? Why don't you give up the subsidy and do what you said you would? Or are you that utterly selfish?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum