Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My far left Progressive good friends have PROVEN they are ignorant about the MINIMUM WAGE. HERE ARE THE FACTS.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

My far left Progressive good friends have PROVEN they are ignorant about the MINIMUM WAGE. HERE ARE THE FACTS.

Facts About the Minimum Wage

Reduced Opportunities to Gain Experience
◾Studies find raising the minimum wage does not reduce poverty.[1] It is a completely ineffective anti-poverty policy.
◾The primary value of minimum-wage jobs is that they are learning jobs. They teach inexperienced employees basic employment skills that make them more productive and enable them to earn raises or move to better jobs.
◾Over half of all Americans started their careers making within $1 of the minimum wage.[2] Few stayed there long.
◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers earn raises within a year—without the government’s help.[3]
◾Correctly adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage currently stands above its historical average since 1950.[4]
◾The minimum wage hike sponsored by some Members of Congress and supported by President Obama would raise the minimum wage to an unprecedented level—one-seventh above its inflation-adjusted all-time high.[5]
◾This would cause employers to reduce hiring, leaving fewer people employed.[6] Macroeconomic modeling shows the proposed minimum wage increase would eliminate 300,000 jobs.[7] That means fewer opportunities for unskilled workers to get started in the labor market and move their way up.
◾When businesses have to pay higher wages, businesses hire higher-skill workers, freezing the least productive, most disadvantaged workers out of the job market.[8][9] Consequently minimum wage hikes harm the very people that proponents of the laws most want to help.

[b]◾Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities
◾Only 2.9 percent of wage earners earn the federal minimum wage.[10][11][12]
◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.
◾Over half of minimum-wage earners are between the ages of 16 and 24.[13]
◾Two-thirds work part time (defined as less than 35 hours a week).[14]
◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.[15]
[
◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers live in families with incomes above 150 percent of the poverty line.[16]
◾Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full time, compared to 5.6 percent of all U.S. workers.[17]

Adds to Obamacare Burden
◾The Obamacare employer mandate is already scheduled to raise the cost of hiring less-skilled workers. When the mandate takes effect in 2015 the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker will rise to $10.30 an hour. That includes the minimum wage, employer payroll taxes, and the employer mandate.[18]
◾From the employer’s perspective the cost of hiring workers has increased, but the additional money goes to the government instead of the employees.[19]
◾The proposed minimum wage increase of $10.10 an hour would bring the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker—including the Obamacare penalties—to $12.71 an hour.[20]

http://www.heritage.org/research/factsheets/2014/01/facts-about-the-minimum-wage

2seaoat

Mostly lies. The median income index is the best indicator of improved poverty, but when a blatant lie says that the minimum wage has stayed even with inflation since the index was established in 1975 is a complete and utter lie, but it ignores the increases in American productivity where it should be double what it is now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/minimum-wage-productivity_n_2680639.html

Now Mr. Markle you have committed facts to debate. Let a real debate begin with discussions in real time and no run aways over the next week. I await your response. I have said that much of what you posted was simple lies, but we will start with the minimum wage staying constant with the establishment of the 1975 COLA index. It has not. Simple facts to begin to debate. I await a real discussion.

Markle

Markle

No lies, all facts.  As you well know.

All the resources are available for you to dispute.  Good luck.

Last edited by Markle on 3/19/2015, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

The minimum wage has NOT stayed even with the inflation index, and has LOST real dollar value. You have posted a blatant lie, and one which is recognized by ALL. Here is the Myth buster published by the Department of Labor:
http://www.dol.gov/minwage/mythbuster.htm

Your entire cite is lies or intentional deception. If you believe it has been indexed and has kept up with inflation, then you will certainly be a supporter of an automatic increase in the minimum wage based on the Cola index used by SS. Should not make a bit of difference if your lies were the truth.......so what say you......index or not?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:◾Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities
◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.
◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.[15]

Now this is funny.  The key bullet points that Markle chose to place in bold all have reference numbers that normally would indicate they are backed by outside, verifiable sources.  If one scrolls down and clicks the link that  unveils the actual sources (no idea why they try to hide that), they will find that the Heritage Foundation is in fact the source of that information (Ah!  That's why they hide it)

Dumbing this down for republicans, they are referencing themselves.

It's no different than if I were to say, "Markle is a senile idiot incapable of making a point in his own words [17]"

[17] - Me, based on stuff that I have read at pensacoladiscussionforum

boards of FL

boards of FL

But let's put all of that aside for a second and assume that all of these statistics to be true:  What is the point?

Is there a point, Markle?

2seaoat

I think you short changed the cite.....I think there is a long list of me observations.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The minimum wage has NOT stayed even with the inflation index, and has LOST real dollar value.   You have posted a blatant lie, and one which is recognized by ALL.  Here is the Myth buster published by the Department of Labor:
http://www.dol.gov/minwage/mythbuster.htm

Your entire cite is lies or intentional deception.  If you believe it has been indexed and has kept up with inflation, then you will certainly be a supporter of an automatic increase in the minimum wage based on the Cola index used by SS.   Should not make a bit of difference if your lies were the truth.......so what say you......index or not?

Repeatedly I have stated that there should no minimum wage. What part of that is not clear.

You SAYING I have posted a blatant lie, while I have posted all the references used and you, well you have posted nothing.

Here, in a visual for you, is how the minimum wage harms people. This is absolutely true, and you know it to be true as well.

My far left Progressive good friends have PROVEN they are ignorant about the MINIMUM WAGE.  HERE ARE THE FACTS. Minimum-wage-cartoon_zps4r8nklh9

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

One thing you can count on -- whenever the discussion is about worker's wages, Semi-Sane "I KNOW NOSSING" Markle, like all hardcore conservatives, will take the side of the employers who exploit workers.

Always.

It's good to know your enemies!

Markle

Markle

Please cite exactly where I have even taken the side of anyone to exploit workers?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Please cite exactly where I have even taken the side of anyone to exploit workers?
No.  You cite anywhere you have in this forum ever supported workers fighting for higher wages.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Please cite exactly where I have even taken the side of anyone to exploit workers?
No.  You cite anywhere you have in this forum ever supported workers fighting for higher wages.

What?

A few too many adult beverages tonight?  Or perhaps mixing them with something else.

Workers earn higher wages by simply becoming more valuable to their employer.

They can also open their own business and easily become one of the hated 1 percenters.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:◾Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities

Now this is funny.  The key bullet points that Markle chose to place in bold all have reference numbers that normally would indicate they are backed by outside, verifiable sources.  If one scrolls down and clicks the link that  unveils the actual sources (no idea why they try to hide that), they will find that the Heritage Foundation is in fact the source of that information (Ah!  That's why they hide it)

Dumbing this down for republicans, they are referencing themselves.

It's no different than if I were to say, "Markle is a senile idiot incapable of making a point in his own words [whatever]

[17] - Me, based on stuff that I have read at pensacoladiscussionforum

You lied that anything is hidden but, of that we are accustomed.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:But let's put all of that aside for a second and assume that all of these statistics to be true:  What is the point?

Is there a point, Markle?

There is, but you'll need someone to explain it to you.

2seaoat

I certainly do not need someone to explain how the minimum wage works and what its economic impact is. Somebody who actually understands economics as a science does not need a feeble attempt by someone who has not even taken a graduate course in economics to cut and paste NONSENSE. Let us start with the concept that somehow minimum wage has been keeping up with inflation. You posted this lie and I posted the truth. Let us then go with your absurd concept that minimum wage does nothing for workers. If we use just one case study, Wal Mart raising the minimum wage by three dollars the wealthiest people in America will have less net profit. Those workers would have less need to be subsidized by the American taxpayers in the form of food stamps, medical care, and social services as they finally would be earning a living wage. As Americans earn more wages, the GDP which is driven by demand increases and more people are employed.

The strangling of the minimum wage by NOT keeping up with inflation has contributed to the wealth redistribution in this country. It has resulted in further debt for this nation as the 1% steals American wealth by having bought congress who has fought at every turn returns to fair tax rates, fair estate taxes, and fair minimum wages. In the process we have returned to the exploitive model which our forefathers fought the revolution.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

What?

A few too many adult beverages tonight?  Or perhaps mixing them with something else.

They can also open their own business and easily become one of the hated 1 percenters.

I asked you to "cite anywhere you have in this forum ever supported workers fighting for higher wages."[size=18] You couldn't. 

The facts are, like all hardcore republicans, you hate workers.  We already knew that.

You hate having a minimum wage, social security, healthcare insurance, welfare, unemployment insurance, unions, safety regulations, environmental rules, pensions and free education.

And the very worst thing about your America is that the 97% can still vote.

No doubt you and your fascist, oligarch friends are working on that one ...

Reality!

Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.  Benito Mussolini

[/size]

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

What?

I asked you to cite anywhere you have in this forum ever supported workers fighting for higher wages." You couldn't.[/size] 

The facts are, like all hardcore republicans, you hate workers. We already knew that.

You hate having a minimum wage, social security, healthcare insurance, welfare, unemployment insurance, unions, safety regulations, environmental rules, pensions and free education.

And the very worst thing about your America is that the 97% can still vote.

No doubt you and your fascist, oligarch friends are working on that one ...

Reality!

Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.  Benito Mussolini

Again, your frustration is duly noted. Again you have nothing but lies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum