Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOUR GRAPES! I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves!

+6
Wordslinger
Sal
RealLindaL
Telstar
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:They're causing no harm. You simply want your subjective sensibilities protected.

Actually, they cause real harm.

They both are guilty of posting fake news - and, I'm not talking about just politically biased news, I'm talking about clickbait fake news ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/?utm_campaign=news-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=app

The dissemination of this garbage is contributing to the dumbing down of the electorate.

Google and Facebook are actually looking into ways to curb this crap, so maybe when Boards banned Markle he was just ahead of his time.

If Boards really wanted that ban he wouldn't revoke it. The Markle poll/ban was just a waste of time.

I bet you bask in the warmth over at the DailyKOS where never a discouraging, Conservative word is heard!

Why do you think you should judge who and who should not be able to participate in discussions on a small, local forum?

I can give a rat's ass if you post here or not. Boards of Florida the guy who actually runs this shindig put the question to a vote so I voted. I was more concerned that Boards, Sal and Vikingwoman started posting again. They are so I am happy about that. Boards himself can deal with you in his own way.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I thought Lame Dork poster Markle said in a post last week after the election: "I don't gloat." He obviously lied (again!).

I have no sour grapes over this election, even though I did not vote for Donald Trump. I am willing to withhold judgement until his administration does something incredibly stupid, like start a new war somewhere. Unfortunately, his choice of John Bolton, an extreme right wing, hardline Neocon as Secretary of State might have us pointed to a war before we know it.

The Republicans have the whole banana for now, and everything that occurs; huge deficits, foreign policy disasters, and major governmental screw-ups are going to be the fault of Republican policies from January 2017 until they do not control the government anymore. Forum right wingers will be reminded of this often. You are going to own it all!

No gloating, I simply posted this after all the desperate whining from all the Progressives.  Not a single one could stand up and say, WE LOST BIG, now we move on.

Please show us all where Donald Trump has appointed John Bolton as Secretary of War.  The source and link of course.

Lame Dork poster Markle AGAIN shows us he has poor reading comprehension (must be the growing dementia). Exactly where is there a "Secretary of War" in the government of the United States? That moniker was discarded in the 1940s. As I stated, John Bolton is on the short list for Secretary of State. I also stated I felt it would be a grave mistake to appoint this Neocon warmonger to such a powerful position. Almost as bad as making Alt Right former Breitbart whacko Steve Bannon a top advisor. The cuckoos may be escaping the asylum to join the Trump administration. We'll know by next January, for sure.

Because that's all Progressives talk about with any nominee for Secretary of State...WAR. That whoever is appointed wants only to take us to WAR.

I'll phrase it better for you, since you have so little to whine about, show us all where John Bolton has been appointed Secretary of State.

Markle

Markle

Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:They're causing no harm. You simply want your subjective sensibilities protected.

They both are guilty of posting fake news - and, I'm not talking about just politically biased news, I'm talking about clickbait fake news ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/?utm_campaign=news-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=app

The dissemination of this garbage is contributing to the dumbing down of the electorate.

Google and Facebook are actually looking into ways to curb this crap, so maybe when Boards banned Markle he was just ahead of his time.

If Boards really wanted that ban he wouldn't revoke it. The Markle poll/ban was just a waste of time.

I bet you bask in the warmth over at the DailyKOS where never a discouraging, Conservative word is heard!

Why do you think you should judge who and who should not be able to participate in discussions on a small, local forum?

I can give a rat's ass if you post here or not. Boards of Florida the guy who actually runs this shindig put the question to a vote so I voted. I was more concerned that Boards, Sal and Vikingwoman started posting again. They are so I am happy about that. Boards himself can deal with you in his own way.

For someone who "doesn't care", you sure do spend a lot of time denigrating little ol' me.

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

For someone who "doesn't care", you sure do spend a lot of time denigrating little ol' me.

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Preper10

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

And you seemed to thrive regarding the Markle vote. After reading that thread....according to the posts you went from 40 posts to over 1660 posts. You sure got excited.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

And you seemed to thrive regarding the Markle vote. After reading that thread....according to the posts you went from 40 posts to over 1660 posts. You sure got excited.

Still counting my posts I see. Do you still spy the map and count the private messages too? Tell us can you read the contents of the private messages or is that perk not allowed to lowly second class moderators.

Markle

Markle

Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

Still counting my posts I see. Do you still spy the map and count the private messages too? Tell us can you read the contents of the private messages or is that perk not allowed to lowly second class moderators.

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Duct%20Tape_zpsb3cli3ah

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Duct%20Tape_zpsb3cli3ah

You're most hilarious post is right there on page one when you suggest that Boards hand the forum over to either You or Joanie to run, in other words nit or wit. lol!

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t24221-a-proposition

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

I didn't count the posts....go back and read the thread.  Only the messages from your socks.

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

I didn't count the posts....go back and read the thread.  Only the messages from your socks.

My socks? Prove it but it's nice to know you take such interest in the private messages of other members. Can you read the contents of private messages too? cyclops

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Any one can look up the stats. Of course you already know that!

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:Any one can look up the stats. Of course you already know that!

No I didn't because I never tried but obviously you have. You know all the stats don't you?

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Any one can look up the stats. Of course you already know that!

No I didn't because I never tried but obviously you have. You know all the stats don't you?

How many private messages another member posts doesn't mean much to me but obviously it does to you.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
I find it utterly beyond belief that a man who has spent untold hours on this forum decrying perceived racism and other inequities could be so calm in the face of Trump and gang.   I think you must not be paying close attention to just whom he's surrounding himself with, seaoat, much less his planned agenda.    

I also believe that any attempt to characterize what more than half of the country is feeling right now as a "hissy fit" or sour grapes shows a deep lack of perception.  What the nation is feeling is pure terror.   The stated goals and demeanor of this newly forming administration threaten to take us back to the dark ages in America, and to undo all the progress that has been made over decades in the areas of human rights, social justice and environmental stewardship, among others.  

Trump promised to "drain the swamp" but please pay very, very close attention to the signs of potential and actual conflicts of interest that are already rearing their ugly heads in his planned administration.  

This is a dark day for America and all we stand for in the world.  I, for one, am very, very afraid for ourselves, our progeny, and our planet.  

We are in for some dark days to be sure, and rending garments and gnashing teeth may be cathartic, but it doesn't change anything.

We shall see how this goes, but I remain convinced that Trump is so unethical, erratic, and undisciplined that I will be surprised if he is in office for a full term, and if he is, I would imagine he will have alienated and/or pissed off enough people to effectively neuter him, at least legislatively.

And, we have many honorable and capable professionals in our armed services who can hopefully hold him in check in that arena.

Most importantly, get involved.

There are things that we can do NOW to mitigate this disaster.

Look to help the most vulnerable to his destructive polices and those that will fight against them.

Last week, I made donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.

These good people will need our support.

I also volunteered my time to Metropolitan Ministries, and encouragingly they have been so overwhelmed with support that I didn't get a slot until mid-December.

I will be attending the next meeting of the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, so that we can be better organized and hopefully have enough successes in the mid-terms to limit the damage.

I have put my Congress people's phone numbers on speed dial, and will be calling regularly to express my opinions and inevitable disgust with the proposals that come before them (I've already made several calls to level my disdain at the idea of Steve Bannon having an office in the White-again House).

I have also chosen to boycott cable news and subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times (I am lucky to have an excellent local newspaper that covers national politics with integrity.  If you don't, I would suggest subscribing to the NYTimes or WaPo).  The Fourth Estate needs a shot in the arm.

Be ready to confront bigotry when you see it.  Assholes across the country have been emboldened by this election.  If you see something, be ready and have the courage to say something.

I'll be honest and admit that this election threw me for a loop, and it took a couple of days for me to find my footing.

But, we must hold the line when we have to and fight back wherever we can.

What other choice do we have?

Addendum:  I forgot.  I also made a small contribution to the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They are doing yeoman's work documenting and tracking hate crimes inspired by Trump's accedence.

Pass this far and wide if you agree that having one more Democrat in the Senate would be a good thing. Because of the way Louisiana runs their elections they didn't get a candidate with enough votes to win. Now there is a run-off with voting taking place on December 10th.

This guy is a real Democrat who stands for environmental protection, a living wage, etc.

http://www.fostercampbell2016.com/

Markle

Markle

Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

You're most hilarious post is right there on page one when you suggest that Boards hand the forum over to either You or Joanie to run, in other words nit or wit. lol!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Whats-your-point_zpsxbxlkku2

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Markle wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Sal wrote:

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Whats-your-point_zpsxbxlkku2

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 Markle10

Markle

Markle

Ahhh...life is good. Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiating from the hate and vitriol of a Progressive! Keep up the good work! I do love how you spend so much time in your futile little attempt to bother me. Cute!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Ahhh...life is good. Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiating from the hate and vitriol of a Progressive! Keep up the good work!  I do love how you spend so much time in your futile little attempt to bother me.  Cute!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 BaskingintheWarmth-1-1

Ok, we get it. Not even you can tell us how to find an honest real estate salesperson. I'm not surprised ...

Markle

Markle

Once again, you have nothing. I'm so impressed!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! - Page 3 This-is-the-part-where-you-run-away-screaming2_zpsjp4uarwh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum