Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOUR GRAPES! I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves!

+6
Wordslinger
Sal
RealLindaL
Telstar
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Markle

Markle

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves while trying desperately to take it out on others!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Sour20Grapes_zpsptgpudwt

Progressives, get over it and look at yourselves as to why you were so soundly beaten.  

Admit it, you were not just beaten, you were SOUNDLY TROUNCED!  Not only did Donald Trump overwhelm Hillary Clinton who was cooling her heels resting and napping, Republicans gained Governorships, gained numbers in State legislators and won the hearts and souls of working AMERICA!

So kids, quite whining and grow up.  YOU LOST!

We beat the Clinton's, the Obama's, the Bushes, the Washington ELITES and really energized hope for America!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves while trying desperately to take it out on others!

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Sour20Grapes_zpsptgpudwt

Progressives, get over it and look at yourselves as to why you were so soundly beaten.  

Admit it, you were not just beaten, you were SOUNDLY TROUNCED!  Not only did Donald Trump overwhelm Hillary Clinton who was cooling her heels resting and napping, Republicans gained Governorships, gained numbers in State legislators and won the hearts and souls of working AMERICA!

We beat the Clinton's, the Obama's, the Bushes, the Washington ELITES and really energized hope for America!

As you well know, I never liked Hillary so your diatribe isn't valid tossed in my direction. Bernie was cheated out of the campaign, but there is little doubt had he been Trump's opponent he would have buried the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head.

Both Trump and Bernie were carrying the banner of change, and Bernie isn't carrying a shitload of racial, misogynist, and legal baggage (the lawsuit against Trump's scam academy) etc.

So stop gloating. Your side trounced the establishment represented by Hillary. Trump hasn't touched the republican establishment who will be his worst enemy in the coming months. Reality.

I highly doubt that further left is the answer comrade. But carry on... lol.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I thought Lame Dork poster Markle said in a post last week after the election: "I don't gloat." He obviously lied (again!).

I have no sour grapes over this election, even though I did not vote for Donald Trump. I am willing to withhold judgement until his administration does something incredibly stupid, like start a new war somewhere. Unfortunately, his choice of John Bolton, an extreme right wing, hardline Neocon as Secretary of State might have us pointed to a war before we know it.

The Republicans have the whole banana for now, and everything that occurs; huge deficits, foreign policy disasters, and major governmental screw-ups are going to be the fault of Republican policies from January 2017 until they do not control the government anymore. Forum right wingers will be reminded of this often. You are going to own it all!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
The Republicans have the whole banana for now, and everything that occurs; huge deficits, foreign policy disasters, and major governmental screw-ups are going to be the fault of Republican policies from January 2017 until they do not control the government anymore. Forum right wingers will be reminded of this often. You are going to own it all!

That's not how 2009 & 2010 worked. Let's just use one set of rules. Ok?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves while trying desperately to take it out on others!

As you well know, I never liked Hillary so your diatribe isn't valid tossed in my direction.  Bernie was cheated out of the campaign, but there is little doubt had he been Trump's opponent he would have buried the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head.

Both Trump and Bernie were carrying the banner of change, and Bernie isn't carrying a shitload of racial, misogynist, and legal baggage (the lawsuit against Trump's scam academy) etc.

So stop gloating.  Your side trounced the establishment represented by Hillary.  Trump hasn't touched the republican establishment who will be his worst enemy in the coming months.  Reality.  

You do make me laugh!

Hasn't touched the Republican establishment? Donald Trump knocked out the Republican and Democrat Elite in the PRIMARIES. He openly criticized Republlicans he thought were do a bad job in the primaries, he told the world he DID NOT NEED THEM. He was told he was crazy by his own Republicans. Jeb Bush raised over a hundred million dollars and still was swiped away like Hillary Clinton cleaning her hard drive with a cloth.

The elite Bushes proudly announced, sour grapes in my opinion, that they were not voting for Donald Trump. So he royally upset all the "right" right and left people, and won in a landslide.

Lick your wounds, take a deep breath and quit whining.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Just how, pray tell, is the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head going to "bring us all together?"

We're waiting ...

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I thought Lame Dork poster Markle said in a post last week after the election: "I don't gloat." He obviously lied (again!).

I have no sour grapes over this election, even though I did not vote for Donald Trump. I am willing to withhold judgement until his administration does something incredibly stupid, like start a new war somewhere. Unfortunately, his choice of John Bolton, an extreme right wing, hardline Neocon as Secretary of State might have us pointed to a war before we know it.

Oh, sorry about that be, following the lead of Progressives and the Obama Administration, we have EIGHT YEARS to BLAME LAME DUCK PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Oh, sorry about that be, following the lead of Progressives and the Obama Administration, we have EIGHT YEARS to BLAME LAME DUCK PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

And that is exactly what we will be expecting from the likes of you. Every screw-up President Trump makes, along with his REPUBLICAN Congress and Senate, will be the fault of Barrack Obama. Whodathunk it?????

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Cuckoo10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Cc-VuWLXIAAhjd-

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Trump%20pig_0

2seaoat

I hope President Trump is successful. Unlike Mr. Markle, many want government to succeed. I smile just a little that Rudy when he ran was too NY.....Christie.....when he ran was too liberal, and now a liberal democrat who just had to spew fascism and use dog whistles to be elected, and folks are upset or gloating. The truth is I saw $1.83 gas today. Record highs in the stock market. Record job creation and the roads packed with retired people traveling and enjoying their labor participation denial......so for those of us who are good people and not prostitutes......we hope President Trump succeeds.

A small factor, but an important factor is that our new President did not when the popular vote in this country. It is important for him to succeed, for the adults in this country not to have a hissy fit like what was displayed by those who were upset about President Obama winning twice, and all Americans giving the benefit of the doubt that America works best when government is fair and efficient.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I hope President Trump is successful.   Unlike Mr. Markle, many want government to succeed.   I smile just a little that Rudy when he ran was too NY.....Christie.....when he ran was too liberal, and now a liberal democrat who just had to spew fascism and use dog whistles to be elected, and folks are upset or gloating.   The truth is I saw $1.83 gas today.   Record highs in the stock market.   Record job creation and the roads packed with retired people traveling and enjoying their labor participation denial......so for those of us who are good people and not prostitutes......we hope President Trump succeeds.

A small factor, but an important factor is that our new President did not when the popular vote in this country.  It is important for him to succeed, for the adults in this country not to have a hissy fit like what was displayed by those who were upset about President Obama winning twice, and all Americans giving the benefit of the doubt that America works best when government is fair and efficient.

Good post Seaoat. The far-right fringe, including Lame Dork poster Markle, gave President Obama no quarter from Day 1 after he was elected. Unlike the Lame Dork, I will give President Trump a shot; at least until he screws up in a major way.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I hope President Trump is successful.   Unlike Mr. Markle, many want government to succeed.   I smile just a little that Rudy when he ran was too NY.....Christie.....when he ran was too liberal, and now a liberal democrat who just had to spew fascism and use dog whistles to be elected, and folks are upset or gloating.   The truth is I saw $1.83 gas today.   Record highs in the stock market.   Record job creation and the roads packed with retired people traveling and enjoying their labor participation denial......so for those of us who are good people and not prostitutes......we hope President Trump succeeds.

A small factor, but an important factor is that our new President did not when the popular vote in this country.  It is important for him to succeed, for the adults in this country not to have a hissy fit like what was displayed by those who were upset about President Obama winning twice, and all Americans giving the benefit of the doubt that America works best when government is fair and efficient.

He's not the president, he's the president-elect...so far.  And I don't want him to succeed; he's a pure fascist.  He has to face a hearing for fraud on November 28, although his lawyers are trying to delay, but the judge has ruled that the trial will proceed as scheduled.  This is how you know he's up to no good:  Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, John Bolton, Jeff Sessions, Sarah Palin...et al ad nauseum.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:

He's not the president, he's the president-elect...so far.  And I don't want him to succeed; he's a pure fascist.  He has to face a hearing for fraud on November 28, although his lawyers are trying to delay, but the judge has ruled that the trial will proceed as scheduled.  This is how you know he's up to no good:  Steve Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, John Bolton, Jeff Sessions, Sarah Palin...et al ad nauseum.

Don't forget Laura Ingraham and her nazi salute.

Markle

Markle

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Liar-Liar-pants-on-fire

RealLindaL

I find it utterly beyond belief that a man who has spent untold hours on this forum decrying perceived racism and other inequities could be so calm in the face of Trump and gang. I think you must not be paying close attention to just whom he's surrounding himself with, seaoat, much less his planned agenda.

I also believe that any attempt to characterize what more than half of the country is feeling right now as a "hissy fit" or sour grapes shows a deep lack of perception. What the nation is feeling is pure terror. The stated goals and demeanor of this newly forming administration threaten to take us back to the dark ages in America, and to undo all the progress that has been made over decades in the areas of human rights, social justice and environmental stewardship, among others.

Trump promised to "drain the swamp" but please pay very, very close attention to the signs of potential and actual conflicts of interest that are already rearing their ugly heads in his planned administration.

This is a dark day for America and all we stand for in the world. I, for one, am very, very afraid for ourselves, our progeny, and our planet.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:

I find it utterly beyond belief that a man who has spent untold hours on this forum decrying perceived racism and other inequities could be so calm in the face of Trump and gang.   I think you must not be paying close attention to just whom he's surrounding himself with, seaoat, much less his planned agenda.    

I also believe that any attempt to characterize what more than half of the country is feeling right now as a "hissy fit" or sour grapes shows a deep lack of perception.  What the nation is feeling is pure terror.   The stated goals and demeanor of this newly forming administration threaten to take us back to the dark ages in America, and to undo all the progress that has been made over decades in the areas of human rights, social justice and environmental stewardship, among others.  

Trump promised to "drain the swamp" but please pay very, very close attention to the signs of potential and actual conflicts of interest that are already rearing their ugly heads in his planned administration.  

This is a dark day for America and all we stand for in the world.  I, for one, am very, very afraid for ourselves, our progeny, and our planet.  

SOUR GRAPES!  I can't recall when so many people on this forum were so angry...at themselves! Upside10

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
I find it utterly beyond belief that a man who has spent untold hours on this forum decrying perceived racism and other inequities could be so calm in the face of Trump and gang.   I think you must not be paying close attention to just whom he's surrounding himself with, seaoat, much less his planned agenda.    

I also believe that any attempt to characterize what more than half of the country is feeling right now as a "hissy fit" or sour grapes shows a deep lack of perception.  What the nation is feeling is pure terror.   The stated goals and demeanor of this newly forming administration threaten to take us back to the dark ages in America, and to undo all the progress that has been made over decades in the areas of human rights, social justice and environmental stewardship, among others.  

This is a dark day for America and all we stand for in the world.  I, for one, am very, very afraid for ourselves, our progeny, and our planet.  

We are in for some dark days to be sure, and rending garments and gnashing teeth may be cathartic, but it doesn't change anything.

We shall see how this goes, but I remain convinced that Trump is so unethical, erratic, and undisciplined that I will be surprised if he is in office for a full term, and if he is, I would imagine he will have alienated and/or pissed off enough people to effectively neuter him, at least legislatively.

And, we have many honorable and capable professionals in our armed services who can hopefully hold him in check in that arena.

Most importantly, get involved.

There are things that we can do NOW to mitigate this disaster.

Look to help the most vulnerable to his destructive polices and those that will fight against them.

Last week, I made donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.

These good people will need our support.

I also volunteered my time to Metropolitan Ministries, and encouragingly they have been so overwhelmed with support that I didn't get a slot until mid-December.

I will be attending the next meeting of the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, so that we can be better organized and hopefully have enough successes in the mid-terms to limit the damage.

I have put my Congress people's phone numbers on speed dial, and will be calling regularly to express my opinions and inevitable disgust with the proposals that come before them (I've already made several calls to level my disdain at the idea of Steve Bannon having an office in the White-again House).

I have also chosen to boycott cable news and subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times (I am lucky to have an excellent local newspaper that covers national politics with integrity.  If you don't, I would suggest subscribing to the NYTimes or WaPo).  The Fourth Estate needs a shot in the arm.

Be ready to confront bigotry when you see it.  Assholes across the country have been emboldened by this election.  If you see something, be ready and have the courage to say something.

I'll be honest and admit that this election threw me for a loop, and it took a couple of days for me to find my footing.

But, we must hold the line when we have to and fight back wherever we can.

What other choice do we have?

Addendum: I forgot. I also made a small contribution to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are doing yeoman's work documenting and tracking hate crimes inspired by Trump's accedence.

Last edited by Sal on 11/16/2016, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Sal wrote:Assholes across the country have been emboldened by this election.

It is already starting:

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t26603-white-supremacist-trump-supporter-goes-after-black-vet-enjoying-his-promised-free-meal-at-chilis-on-veterans-day

Yeah I read that one Zman. The nut jobs are crawling out of the woodwork.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

We are in for some dark days to be sure, and rending garments and gnashing teeth may be cathartic, but it doesn't change anything.

We shall see how this goes, but I remain convinced that Trump is so unethical, erratic, and undisciplined that I will be surprised if he is in office for a full term, and if he is, I would imagine he will have alienated and/or pissed off enough people to effectively neuter him, at least legislatively.

And, we have many honorable and capable professionals in our armed services who can hopefully hold him in check in that arena.

Most importantly, get involved.

There are things that we can do NOW to mitigate this disaster.

Look to help the most vulnerable to his destructive polices and those that will fight against them.

Last week, I made donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.

These good people will need our support.

I also volunteered my time to Metropolitan Ministries, and encouragingly they have been so overwhelmed with support that I didn't get a slot until mid-December.

I will be attending the next meeting of the Hillsborough County Democratic Party, so that we can be better organized and hopefully have enough successes in the mid-terms to limit the damage.

I have put my Congress people's phone numbers on speed dial, and will be calling regularly to express my opinions and inevitable disgust with the proposals that come before them (I've already made several calls to level my disdain at the idea of Steve Bannon having an office in the White-again House).

I have also chosen to boycott cable news and subscribe to the Tampa Bay Times (I am lucky to have an excellent local newspaper that covers national politics with integrity.  If you don't, I would suggest subscribing to the NYTimes or WaPo).  The Fourth Estate needs a shot in the arm.

Be ready to confront bigotry when you see it.  Assholes across the country have been emboldened by this election.  If you see something, be ready and have the courage to say something.

I'll be honest and admit that this election threw me for a loop, and it took a couple of days for me to find my footing.

But, we must hold the line when we have to and fight back wherever we can.

What other choice do we have?

Addendum:  I forgot.  I also made a small contribution to the Southern Poverty Law Center.  They are doing yeoman's work documenting and tracking hate crimes inspired by Trump's accedence.

cheers     cheers    cheers    You are providing an excellent example for the rest of us, Sal.  Good going, guy.

2seaoat

I worked for Hillary Clinton to win. I failed. However, I am not unhappy or think we have just fallen off a cliff. I am not naive. I realize there will be injustice, but I have been arguing the same and being met with denial on this forum and the PNJ for 12 years......I have been called a race baiter, and seeing things which do not exist. I am a strong believer that in the end, good always prevails, and sometimes we do not know where that goodness will grow and spread. I think the cockroaches are crawling in the open now, unafraid of the consequences of their fear and prejudice. A great many people who voted for Trump were not cockroaches and have zero tolerance for cockroaches. The folks in Michigan and Wisconsin who decided this election voted for President Obama in 08 and 12.

I also fail to see the need to get excited if young people, hispanics, and blacks failed to vote, or in larger numbers voted for a trojan horse. There will be consequences, but I firmly believe that folks who are incapable of voting for their own interests do not need a welfare program of tears and panic because the very people most negatively impacted by the cockroaches could not even find the energy to vote. Milwaukee and Detroit failed to vote, and 100k votes determined this election in urban areas of the upper midwest.

So am I calm. Yes. All the Presidents from Harry Truman to George Bush failed to address expanded health care. President Obama brought the same to the American people and despite the rhetoric, most of his program will remain, or will be disrupted temporarily only to have our people revolt against corporate and 1% agendas which do not serve Americans. However, we fail to recognize that President Obama was elected from the Ashes of the George Bush presidency. I have faith in the American people. I would bet that half the people who are now in the streets protesting failed to vote, or voted for a third party candidate. Nope. I believe that for the first time in thirty plus years we actually have a path to entitlement reform which will not involve cutting benefits, but will involve compromises which never could have happened with Hillary in the White House and the Senate and House being Republican. We cannot lose eight more years of not addressing the 400 lb gorilla in the room. It can be fixed, and I am actually hopeful. In regard to the Supreme Court.....history tells us ideological picks do not always conform to expectations. I realize that this presents the largest challenge, and that the unprecedented denial of an Obama appointment was wrong, but I am confident that folks like Roberts will surprise the cockroaches......they believe in government and the constitution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum