Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

San Diego to run 100 percent on renewable energy by 2035

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.solarcrunch.org/2016/05/san-diego-to-run-100-percent-on.html

https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/genplan/cap

Renewable energy has become the latest trend now, given its low cost and flexibility. San Diego which produces the second largest electrical output from solar energy in the US has laid out a new plan to cope with climate change.

The new plan initiates to run the city completely on renewable energy by 2035. The city also plans to reduce 50% of the greenhouse gas emission by 2035. Another target of the plan is to create Jobs through manufacturing and installation of solar panels.

“San Diego is a leader in innovation and sustainability,” the Climate Action Plan reads. “By striking a sensible balance between protecting our environment and growing our economy, San Diego can support clean technology, renewable energy, and economic growth.”

San Diego is not the only city, trying to go 100% renewable. San Francisco, Sydney, and Vancouver have already joined the growing list of cities committed to run completely on renewable energy.

With recent record of Costa Rica running 99% on electricity generated from renewable energy, this plan from San Diego doesn't seem too far-stretched.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This is really good news. I do not buy the climate change arguments--but I will admit that this movement is definitely driving energy in the right direction.

I am a firm believer in the theories concerning global Peak Oil, and do believe that most of the world's recoverable oil resources will be depleted before we reach 2100. The move toward solar energy (the most promising renewable energy source) is necessary, even disregarding the Earth's temperature.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Z - there is, has, and always will be climate change. Do human factors affect the climate? Sure, and so do a lot of other things. It's a slow change but it is documented. And for those that say they only kept records on weather since the late 1800s, OK. But take a look at paleoclimatology. So interesting and the data sure makes the case for climate change and we are currently in a cycle of change that may return us to a non icecap period. Cyclical. Look at the charts.

As for San Diego, all cities should be looking to do the same.

Which candidate will address this??

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I do not buy the climate change arguments

I am a firm believer in the theories concerning global Peak Oil

So you believe in the idea which states that we're consuming so much oil that we're rapidly reaching the point at which our production will necessarily begin to decline...and at the same time you dismiss the idea which states that we're consuming fossil fuels at such a rate that we're impacting our climate?

How do you reconcile these two?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:

So you believe in the idea which states that we're consuming so much oil that we're rapidly reaching the point at which our production will necessarily begin to decline...and at the same time you dismiss the idea which states that we're consuming fossil fuels at such a rate that we're impacting our climate?

The world is running out of oil. The move to the energy alternatives, which we both support, are both inevitable and necessary. I just support these initiatives for a different reason than you do.

The things I do not like about the climate change movement are the massive political and social engineering schemes that are being pushed right behind it. If it were purely a science movement, I might feel differently about it.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Canada is burning and still the denialists persist.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/part-of-downtown-fort-mcmurray-evacuated-as-fire-rages/

boards of FL

boards of FL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

The world is running out of oil. The move to the energy alternatives, which we both support, are both inevitable and necessary. I just support these initiatives for a different reason than you do.

The things I do not like about the climate change movement are the massive political and social engineering schemes that are being pushed right behind it. If it were purely a science movement, I might feel differently about it.

Let's assume for a second that there are in fact massive political and social engineering schemes at play.  Does that have any impact on whether or not anthropogenic climate change is actually occurring?  Which is worse:  massive political and social engineering schemes or mass extinction?

I don't like it when it rains on my day off because it spoils my beach day.  Does that mean I shouldn't believe the radar reports that clearly state that rain in imminent?

I don't like it that cheeseburgers clog arteries, because I like cheeseburgers.  Does that mean that all medical research into this fact is bullshit?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum