Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chinese Going Balls-To-The-Wall On Solar/Renewable Energy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Poster Markle keeps reviving the same old cut-and-paste about how China is building "one clean modern coal-burning power plant per month." Of course, this assertion is hardly true. The Chinese are trying to become world leaders in the renewable energy field. Here is what they are doing (please note, I am pulling a Markle and mostly cutting and pasting from an article for the rest of this):

Chinese Going Balls-To-The-Wall On Solar/Renewable Energy 64010

This is one of their new solar-electric power stations in the Gobi Desert. It is still under construction, but to clarify just how big this is, when completed, it will measure 10 square miles and produce enough electricity to power around one million homes. Of course, it’s no secret that China is in a mad dash to integrate a massive amount of renewable energy.

There are a couple of reasons for this...

First, China is choking on its own progress.

Building an industrial powerhouse doesn’t come without side effects. History has proven this time and time again.
From the Great Smog of UK’s industrial revolution (where cows actually choked to death) to the waters of Ohio’s Cuyahoga River, which caught fire in 1969, growth, when pursued in an irresponsible manner, can really foul things up.

We’re seeing this today in China, where the air pollution is so bad that scientists say it resembles a nuclear winter. Photosynthesis in plants has actually slowed.

Another reason China has been so aggressive on the solar front is because the country's entire solar industry has been shouldered by the government.

Without significant state support — in the forms of mandates and massive cash infusions — it’s likely that nearly every solar company in China today would be floating downstream in the industrial waste- and sewage-filled waters of the Yellow River.

Read more here:

http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/investing-in-sunedison-nyse-sune/5013

It may just be time for the Z-man to buy some more solar stocks. I already have a few shares of two.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Solar.... Be a great first strike target when war comes

Since you are already a commie liberal invest in commie stocks

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obamasucks wrote:Since you are already a commie liberal invest in commie stocks

You can bury your money in a tin can in the back yard.

SunEdison (NYSE: SUNE) is back down to $14.00 per share. It was as high as $88 a year or so ago. Buy low, sell high. I might pick up a few shares.

If you can't beat them, you join them. The climate change folks are pushing the world away from fossil fuels and toward electromagnetic energy. I don't agree with the fanatical element of that camp. I do agree that moving toward new electromagnetic energy sources is a good thing. We should have been looking at this years ago.

I am against summarily shutting down the petroleum industry. Such a move will send much of humanity into starvation. Americans use 10 calories of fossil-fuel energy for every food calorie they consume. I don't think they have quite perfected hybrid or EV tractors yet. They likely could run quite well on compressed natural gas instead of diesel, however.

The country that is able to divorce itself from imported oil is the one that will be a world powerhouse. It would be great to see America gradually transition to the point where we only need the oil and gas from within our own borders. There will always be a market for the product, even if it is no longer burned as fuel. Petroleum and gas feedstocks  are used in a multitude of products.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum