Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoffs

+2
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 13]

226Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 7:45 am

Gs has better team defense... but I think la would hold their own. Magic and kareem would be matchup nightmares... and they competed against a very good detroit defense. The pace would be incredible... and kareem might give la the half court advantage.

227Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 7:35 pm

2seaoat

This will be the most important game in Mr. James career. If they lose and go down to 0-3, he will always be seen as Dr. J or the mailman. If they win this one, and win one more, he really must be given some credit against this incredible Warriors team. His legacy will not be completely defined tonight, but it may be the beginning of the end in regard to expectations of true greatness and the ability for great players to win. No more excuses about the folks playing around him......that denies the truth that his isolation play has killed team play for 13 years and now with no outside shot, his fellow players are playing a four on five game. They cannot win until he regains his outside shot threat. I mean this sincerely. I hope he lights up the scoreboard with threes and elbow shots such that his team can challenge this great warrior team and make this a series.....it is selfish, but I may never get to see a good NBA finals again, and I would like this to be close to the Western finals.

228Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 8:14 pm

Dr.J won a championship when moses malone joined him. They were extremely dominate... won easily.

229Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 8:25 pm

2seaoat

Dr.J won a championship when moses malone joined him. They were extremely dominate... won easily.

He was dominate for a number of years, but simply could not win the big ones. The mailman, I think is the number 2 guy on the all time scoring list, and could not win the big ones......they were all that during their careers, but having not won.......they simply faded away as all time greats.......history will repeat.

230Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 9:05 pm

2seaoat

I loved the national anthem.....it would be a nice tradition to actually have the crowd sing.

231Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 10:18 pm

2seaoat

The Warriors are simply a great team. Not too many teams can have their top three players having a bad game and still be right in the game. Of course it helps to have James having a melt down in front of a national audience. I hope he has a better second half and the Cavs can win this game. The Warrior team play after being down twenty points is just every player on that team knowing how to play team ball.....no isolation. Double and triple teams on Curry are working. The Cavs have been playing great guard defense now for two series, however this leaves others open, and with a great team.....they keep coming at you. No isolation play and standing....constant movement and cutting. A very good game the first half.

232Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/8/2016, 11:13 pm

2seaoat

Thompson just took an elbow to the face off a rebound, and he got called for the foul.....that is the first bad call I have seen in the entire game. The refs have done a great job, and the cavs have played excellent defense. This is going to be fun.

233Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/9/2016, 6:02 pm

I really don't like gs pulling these disappearing acts. I think for that reason alone that last years team was better. A champion and consistent winner doesn't let these lapses happen. Even if they win this series 4-1 it irks me. For one the momentum can shift... the other team can feel like they have a chance and that makes them dangerous. Lastly it can even increase the confidence of all of the other teams. There's nothing as dangerous in sports as an opponent that thinks that they can win.

234Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/9/2016, 6:11 pm

2seaoat

I agree to an extent, but to do so is taking away how well the Cavs played defense. Without Love on the court, the defense was much better than the first two games. When you run a motion offense dependent on three point shots you risk by probability games where shots will not fall. However, I just think the Cavs played the best game I have seen them play this year, as they were double teaming Curry, and were moving to fill the gaps which they failed to do the first two games with Love on the floor. It is possible with a high caliber low percentage shot scheme that some days the percentages will catch up with you, but in a seven game series......not so much.

I am always hard on James, and I actually think he gave up in game two, and played a horrible first half, but the second half he was making his outside shot and was playing great defense. For some reason he is making an abnormal amount of turnovers......do not get that.

235Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/9/2016, 7:20 pm

Curry had six turnovers. Playing sloppy ball is preventable... it shows me vulnerability.

236Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/9/2016, 7:47 pm

2seaoat

Turnovers from years of playing originate from lazy play or arrogance. Both are inexcusable. James and Curry lead both teams in turnovers. Kerr has no tolerance for Curry's arrogance on some of those passes. He completely discounted the athleticism of the Cavs in some of those passes. With James, I think there was a bit of arrogance, but the first half it was like something with his vision or depth perception was off on the turnovers, and repeatedly dribbling it out of bounds.......he was hustling and he was not being arrogant, so sometimes it is just F'ing up. Curry almost seems disinterested in the series because he knows they are clearly the more talented team. However, I agree there is no room for that kind of arrogance and taking your foot off the pedal. Michael Jordan never took his foot off the pedal, and I saw James give up in game 2, and Curry almost distance himself from game 3.

237Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/10/2016, 10:23 pm

2seaoat

This game should not even be close, but for thompson's offensive rebounds for the cavs......great game. The call to end the half was horrible, and then after making a bad call they call a technical against the bench, which is a four point swing because of a terrible call. The refs had been doing a great job the first three games, but tonight they are not blowing the whistle on obvious fouls.......this is when the skeptics argue that they want six or seven games, which requires the Cavs to win. First time in the playoffs where I have seen a change in ref calls.......the technical was unfortunate because the foul was obvious. Otherwise this has been good basketball.

238Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/10/2016, 10:50 pm

2seaoat

Warriors are hammering the Cavs and the refs are not calling the contact, These are the NBA finals and the refs are interjecting themselves in this game. The warriors in the second half have fouled the cavs five times without calls......that is not make up....that is sloppy refs. Now the warriors have gotten back up on some bad ref calls.

239Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/10/2016, 11:01 pm

2seaoat

The refs have called every foul in favor of the Warriors since the four point swing on the bad call at half. They just blew an out of bounds in favor of the Warriors. The NBA product works best with good refs. This is horrible. The Warriors got the four points made up and then some.

240Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/10/2016, 11:32 pm

2seaoat

This was a great game until the refs messed it up. Both teams were playing very good, and Thompson on the Cavs has had an amazing game. Curry is just too good, but I caught him with another arrogant sloppy pass, but I guess he has earned that arrogance.

241Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 6:34 am

I just finished watching the game. The swing was largely james pressing. He just can't stay in the flow.

242Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 8:13 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Lil' Steffy had his first good game of the series.  It's not enough to get an MVP, but they should give him a sticker to bring home to Mom so she can place it on the fridge.  Give the guy the biggest participation ribbon that the NBA can provide.

Spish splash.  Splish splash.  Rub-a-dub-dub.  We have a role player in the tub.

Playoffs - Page 10 EPwur6E

For the second finals in a row, LeBron leads both teams in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals, minutes, and almost blocks.  Just imagine what it would look like if he ever had a real coach.  Lil' Steffy has the best shooters, second best coach, best bench, home court, and he still sucks as an overall player.  He is a one-trick pony that is useless without all of these pieces around him.  He is that douchebag who brings an acoustic guitar to a party with a one song repertoire.  But he can certainly ride that wave to a ring!

And look at his signature shoe line!  Good god.  I bet Joani would have liked to have worn these in the ER while she was a nurse.  I bet 2seaoat would wear these with jeans while picking up his pizza.  Hell, give my late grandma a pair of these and some Blue Blockers and she's ready for the beach!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-internet-s-roast-of-stephen-curry-s-new-shoes-is-relentless-145549601.html

Playoffs - Page 10 Chef-curry-2

243Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 9:39 am

2seaoat

First good game......now that is funny. However, you are blind to James. He has everything flow through his isolation offense, where team play is secondary. James made a three point shot and the analysts were talking about how far back the defenders were.......duh........the poor Cavs were playing four against five in their offense, and yes James gets stats and does not win.....Curry gets doubled and tripled teamed and the team wins........Curry's turnovers are arrogance turnovers.....James turnovers are a look in the rear view mirror of his quickly diminishing career. As goes Curry, so goes the Warriors. James is just the Mailman who finished his career as the number two point guy......great stats, but not even top ten on all time players. Curry is getting his second ring with six more years to get a couple more......James will never get another ring, unless he goes into coaching, but if the current Cavs are any indication of his 13 years of coaching.....there is little chance of him winning as a coach.

244Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 9:47 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:First good game......now that is funny.  However, you are blind to James.  He has everything flow through his isolation offense, where team play is secondary.  James made a three point shot and the analysts were talking about how far back the defenders were.......duh........the poor Cavs were playing four against five in their offense, and yes James gets stats and does not win.....Curry gets doubled and tripled teamed and the team wins........Curry's turnovers are arrogance turnovers.....James turnovers are a look in the rear view mirror of his quickly diminishing career.   As goes Curry, so goes the Warriors.  James is just the Mailman who finished his career as the number two point guy......great stats, but not even top ten on all time players.  Curry is getting his second ring with six more years to get a couple more......James will never get another ring, unless he goes into coaching, but if the current Cavs are any indication of his 13 years of coaching.....there is little chance of him winning as a coach.

Playoffs - Page 10 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

2seaoat, I give you a bit more lip service because I can tell that you're intelligent.  I can tell that you come here to have an open conversation.  But trust me when I say...

245Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 9:50 am

2seaoat

"He's the MVP for a reason," Steve Kerr said afterward.

246Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 9:56 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:"He's the MVP for a reason," Steve Kerr said afterward.

Steve Kerr faced a starter from the Cavs as a player. That should give you an idea of what LeBron is working with. LeBron has - as a starter - a guy who laced up against Steve Kerr when he was a player. Not a coach but a player.

247Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 10:10 am

2seaoat

I think we have heard that excuse for five years.....if only James had better players around him, we then could see how great James is............James has everything run through him. 13 years of team disrupting play, and the apologist for him have simply ran out of excuses. Magic, Kareem, Larry, Kobe, Duncan, Michael, shaq, Bird, and Russell did not need excuses.....they were great players in their era. James in 13 years has been overshadowed by other players who were winning. He is a ball hogging team killer who has run out of excuses.....his hissy fit at the end of the game has been seared into the memory of NBA fans who see him pushing people out of the way and not getting called.....those days are gone......but the best part.....did you see all the cav fans who wanted to get near Curry after the game......winners have magic fairy dust and losers......well they pout.

248Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 10:17 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

249Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 10:36 am

2seaoat

Kerr made great adjustments, but what impresses me most about the Warriors is the team environment where players from 6-10 have the freedom to shoot and are not hesitating like the Cav reserves.....that starts at top, where you create a winning next man up environment where every player is involved. Just look at the Cavs back up center who came to the Warriors late this season. He has always been a fairly good center, but with the cavs....Mosgov passed him in the depth chart, which is funny as this year he is being ignored completed. Now in that team play, he has made substantial contributions now in two games. Basketball is a team game, and the better players can work within a team framework and win. Ball hogs and stat chasers rarely win in a team game......but I have been saying that for five years, and in response I am given excuses and candy.

250Playoffs - Page 10 Empty Re: Playoffs 6/11/2016, 10:45 am

The cav bench played well during the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum