Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoffs

+2
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/10/2016, 5:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Curry gets MVP again, this one was a unanimous decision. Seventeen points in overtime last night. Never has that been done.

Draymond Green was incredible....playing point guard for Curry and blocking shots.

27Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/10/2016, 6:21 pm

And Draymond played center in gm 2. I don't plan to make an absurd stand here... I recognize his brilliance. I just don't think he is the most important player on his own team... much less the entire league. But I understand the fan appeal.

28Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/10/2016, 11:47 pm

2seaoat

I like green. He has competitive fire, plays defense, and rebounds. Leonard and Butler are also these great two way players, but the NBA has NEVER seen anybody like Curry......unanimous MVP......unheard of in the history of the NBA....yep Green is a great player, but there is NOBODY near Curry in value in the entire NBA the last two years.

29Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/12/2016, 10:17 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Green has Lebron-like court vision, just not the athleticism or size.

30Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/12/2016, 10:23 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

I said before that I was picking the Spurs, but I have since shifted on that after watching their series with OKC. They simply aren't athletic enough to defend against a speedy transition offense. They're great at half court basketball but really nothing else, so they would fall fairly easily to the Warriors.

That said, a Warriors/Thunder west final would be about as entertaining as it gets. Two highly athletic teams, each with good coaches, who play a fast paced transition-style offense.

Plus, that may wear each team down just enough so that the Cavs can get the title - since it's looking like the Cavs will sweep the east.

31Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/12/2016, 4:09 pm

2seaoat

There is no team in the last 15 years who could beat the current Warrior team.....this team is historic.

32Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/12/2016, 9:30 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

OKC is sealing this one.

33Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/12/2016, 10:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great career for Duncan....retirement is near.

34Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/16/2016, 11:57 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

OKC played terrible and yet they take game one.  Curry is the best three point shooter of all time, but those shots towards the end were ill advised.  You can't heave up garbage like that and just expect it to drop, particularly when you're surrounded by three point shooters.  No need for that with that roater. Terrible decision making by Golden State at the end of that one.

35Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/17/2016, 7:40 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Not a good game. I would prefer to see strong drives rather than missed 3 pointers.

36Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/17/2016, 7:56 am

Or at minimum draw the d and dish to one of the other excellent 3pt shooters. Very poor decision making.

37Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/17/2016, 11:05 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like the Cavs are going to sweep their way to the Finals and enjoy a few extra days of rest. The Raptors are simply not talented enough to even put up a contest.

38Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 8:09 pm

2seaoat

Should be a very good game.

39Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 8:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I hope so Seaoat.

The Raptors looked awful and James, Love, and Irving looked great.

40Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 9:26 pm

2seaoat

The warriors are clearly the better team, but I like the way OK plays.

41Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:13 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Curry is a great shooter, but it's games like these that really make me question the MVP title.  The team is so stacked that he isn't even asked to orchestrate the offense.  I barely saw him in the second quarter.  Put him anywhere else and I'm not sure he could carry a team past the second round.  This warriors team would still be here without Curry, but not vice versa.  Then look at Durant.  There is no questioning his value.  Curry's good for running around, stretching the court, and is a great catch and shoot target.  But this teams success or failure doesn't flow through Curry, so the idea that he is the most valuable player is highly questionable.  

It's like saying a kicker is the MVP of the NFL because he technically scores more than anyone else.  You have to watch the games and not just the stat sheets.

Last edited by boards of FL on 5/18/2016, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

42Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

A unanimous decision.  Stephen Curry is a great player...speed, ball handling, passing, rebounding, assists, and shooting.

But he diesn't plow through his opponents.

43Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:27 pm

2seaoat

I guess that historic unanimous vote just is hard for Boards to digest. It is not even close who is the best player in the NBA......team play vs an aging bulldozer which spits bricks and cries for calls......almost ringless......and Curry will have the same amount of rings shortly......Again the Warriors play great team ball, great defense, and are well coached. They have set historic win record, and this metric of peeling players off and guessing how well the remaining players could advance is rationalization for James and his failure once again last year......basketball people get it.......fans maybe not as much.

44Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:29 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron isn't even a PG and he averages as many assists as Curry.   Curry's strong points are steals and scoring - or, shooting 3's.  He is a fairly weak PG with respect to assists.  And no one ever accused him of being a rebounder.

45Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I guess that historic unanimous vote just is hard for Boards to digest.  It is not even close who is the best player in the NBA......team play vs an aging bulldozer which spits bricks and cries for calls......almost ringless......and Curry will have the same amount of rings shortly......Again the Warriors play great team ball, great defense, and are well coached.   They have set historic win record, and this metric of peeling players off and guessing how well the remaining players could advance is rationalization for James and his failure once again last year......basketball people get it.......fans maybe not as much.

BINGO!

46Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:39 pm

2seaoat

LeBron isn't even a PG and he averages as many assists as Curry. Curry's strong points are steals and scoring - or, shooting 3's. He is a fairly weak PG with respect to assists. And no one ever accused him of being a rebounder.

You have just answered why people say it is so hard to play with James and why he does not win.......team play distributes assists, points, and allows for team defense......James is not a top five player in the NBA this year. He is entirely irrelevant in basketball discussions. Youth and team play are the future. Not ball hogging assists when he cannot make an outside shot anymore......weak east........easy win......failure one more time. Not even difficult to understand.

47Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:44 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:LeBron isn't even a PG and he averages as many assists as Curry.   Curry's strong points are steals and scoring - or, shooting 3's.  He is a fairly weak PG with respect to assists.  And no one ever accused him of being a rebounder.

You have just answered why people say it is so hard to play with James and why he does not win.......team play distributes assists, points, and allows for team defense......James is not a top five player in the NBA this year.  He is entirely irrelevant in basketball discussions.  Youth and team play are the future.  Not ball hogging assists when he cannot make an outside shot anymore......weak east........easy win......failure one more time.   Not even difficult to understand.

I'm not sure what sort of discussions you're talking about there when you say that LeBron is irrelevant. Perhaps when he makes a cameo in a film, sure. But not in basketball. Anyone who has a clue would disagree with your comments on the NBA in general.

48Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/18/2016, 10:58 pm

2seaoat

Charles Barkley says Cleveland will win it all......I feel comfortable with other basketball folks saying the Warriors will walk to another championship. James cannot win. When you cannot win you become irrelevant. Nothing more or nothing less. Curry knows how to win.....during the regular season, and now on his way to all kinds of rings......same discussion we had last year after Curry won his first ring.......few more weeks and maybe fans can become knowledgeable.....or I will have to endure noise about others being more valuable than Curry.......cannot wait to the finals.

49Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/19/2016, 8:11 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The phrase best player on the planet has faded. The Cavs win on the backs of three players not one.

50Playoffs - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs 5/19/2016, 8:29 am

knothead

knothead

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-lebron-is-pushing-the-cavs-to-new-heights-135646063.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum