Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Totally Reasonable Moderate Kasich Tells the Ladies to Untwist Their Panties and "Relax"

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

John Kasich pulled off quite a feat on Monday, managing to somehow both take credit for women’s liberation, and be totally sexist. While on the campaign trail in Virginia, Kasich was telling a story about an early campaign he ran for the Ohio statehouse in the '70s when he described the “many women, who left their kitchens to go out and go door-to-door and to put yard signs up for me.”

By the end of the day the presidential-still-hopeful-for-some-reason had apologized for his remarks, though he suggested he still doesn't understand why everyone got their panties in a bunch.

"I'm more than happy to say I'm sorry, if I offended somebody out there, but it wasn't intended to be offensive," Kasich told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. He said his remark made sense in context, then added this old refuge of offensive men everywhere: “Everybody's just got to relax."

Even if Kasich didn't mean to suggest women should either be cooking up tasty treats or campaigning for him, his remarks came just days after he cut off all funding for Planned Parenthood in his state. In fact, the supporter who took umbrage with Kasich’s characterization during Monday's event — telling the governor, "I'll come to support you, but I won't be coming out of the kitchen" — went on to ask a pointed question about Planned Parenthood. Kasich said Ohio does provide "robust funding for women's health," but it shouldn't "be captive to delivering it through an organization that has largely discredited itself."

So, to recap, John Kasich does not think women belong in the kitchen. He just thinks it's his job to limit their access to affordable preventative health care.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/#

2seaoat

He just thinks it's his job to limit their access to affordable preventative health care.

Not true at all. In Illinois like Ohio we have many women's shelters who have historically provided women services from domestic battery to birth control at very reasonable costs, and with large community support. I happen to be a PP supporter, but to not recognize non national providers of women services is simply naive and unrealistic. Sure there are things the big box stores can offer a community, but many of their competitors are getting hurt with the idea if all the government grants do not go to PP, somehow the other organizations are less than PP. This is absurd. It has nothing to do with selling baby parts, or other propaganda the Republicans are trying to sell, rather in states like Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan their are ample worthy local competitors with proven track records of helping women. I make donations to one such service in Illinois, and with the Illinois budget issues these great local services are NOT getting the funding from the state and now that the narrative has been set they are indirectly getting harmed with any thought of equitable distribution of state money because any cut to PP will be seen as a political ploy. Kasich is dead cinch correct. A quote from 37 years ago about his woman supporters getting out of the kitchen to put his signs up.....really? It gets pretty stupid on both sides sometimes.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:A quote from 37 years ago about his woman supporters getting out of the kitchen to put his signs up.....really?

Ahem ...

... try yesterday.

Sal

Sal

Totally Reasonable Moderate Kasich Tells the Ladies to Untwist Their Panties and "Relax" Kasich-and-nixonjpg-a3f0e6c6466c38e4

Hey, did you know that totally reasonable moderate John Kasich began his political career as a prop to demonstrate Dick Nixon could relate to the yutes.

News to me.

What a guy!

2seaoat

I was in charge of the young republicans(high school students) for Nixon in 1968 in my town.

Sal

Sal

Yeah, and my first vote in a presidential election went to Ronald Reagan.

We were young and stupid.

It's high time you wised up.

The GOP is irredeemable at this point and has been for some time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I was in charge of the young republicans(high school students) for Nixon in 1968 in my town.

That same year, my boyfriend went AWOL from boot camp and shot himself. And I wrote an anti-war essay that earned me advanced credit in English.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I was in charge of the young republicans(high school students) for Nixon in 1968 in my town.

I first voted for Congressman Bob Mathias (R-CA) in 1970, and I campaigned for him, too. I was a member of the Young Republicans back then. I also voted for Nixon in 1972, Reagan (twice), and Bush41 in 1988.

I have not voted for a GOP presidential candidate since 1992, and I have not voted for a Republican since 2000.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

My last vote for a Republican came during Clinton's second term, when Newt Gingrich and his band of merry assholes shut down the government (Kasich was his henchman), and it became apparent that there was a prion disease eating away at the GOP's collective brain.

Since then, they've only gotten worse.

Much, much worse.

It is long past time that all people of good conscience renounce the GOP and discard it to the dustbin of history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum