Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kasich

+3
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
Floridatexan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kasich Empty Kasich 2/19/2016, 12:32 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 1:40 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

He is the least controversial of the bunch. He'll get my vote in the primary (I am still registered as a Republican).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 2:36 am

RealLindaL

I thought Kasich did very well in tonight's CNN Town Hall with Anderson Cooper.   Up until now Kasich hadn't impressed me at all, and in fact sort of gave me the creeps.  But in tonight's one-on-one with the public, rather than in the contentious debate format he dislikes so intensely because of how nasty it's become, he really did shine.   He seems the most decent and sensible of the whole Republican field.  
As a left-leaning Independent I had planned to vote Democratic in the general election, but, despite some misgivings about his inexperience on foreign policy, at this point I think I'd feel a whole lot better if Kasich were the Republican nominee, especially if the only other choice for president turned out to be Bernie Sanders.   I just don't sense that electing Sanders is the responsible thing to do for our country right now -- even if he could win, which is still a big question mark in my mind.

4Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 10:58 am

gatorfan

With the MSM falling all over themselves over the Trumpet someone like Kasich has no chance getting exposure to the general public.

5Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 1:31 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:I thought Kasich did very well in tonight's CNN Town Hall with Anderson Cooper.   Up until now Kasich hadn't impressed me at all, and in fact sort of gave me the creeps.  But in tonight's one-on-one with the public, rather than in the contentious debate format he dislikes so intensely because of how nasty it's become, he really did shine.   He seems the most decent and sensible of the whole Republican field.  
As a left-leaning Independent I had planned to vote Democratic in the general election, but, despite some misgivings about his inexperience on foreign policy, at this point I think I'd feel a whole lot better if Kasich were the Republican nominee, especially if the only other choice for president turned out to be Bernie Sanders.   I just don't sense that electing Sanders is the responsible thing to do for our country right now -- even if he could win, which is still a big question mark in my mind.

Kasich only looks sane and reasonable in comparison to the rest of the House of Horrors that is the GOP presidential primary field.

In reality, he's no different than Scott Walker or Rick Snyder.

I wish that we had a better candidate on the Democratic side, but either Hillary or Bernie would be the far more responsible choice.

6Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 1:50 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 1:51 pm

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:In reality, he's no different than Scott Walker or Rick Snyder.

I wish that we had a better candidate on the Democratic side, but either Hillary or Bernie would be the far more responsible choice.[/font]

Sal, I know what you mean, but if you read the entire Wikipedia page on Kasich, which my husband found last night and which surprised both of us in some ways, you may see him at least a little differently. (And yes, yes, I know Wikipedia is not gospel.)  He does at least seem to listen to his constituents and repect their wishes.  

That said, I, too, wish we  had better Democratic choices.  Still, I'm definitely not saying I'm totally ready to vote for a Republican -- just that Kasich MAY be an option for me, as much as I dislike the "R" button in the voting booth.

8Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 2:32 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:

I wish that we had a better candidate on the Democratic side, but either Hillary or Bernie would be the far more responsible choice.[/font]

Sal, I know what you mean, but if you read the entire Wikipedia page on Kasich, which my husband found last night and which surprised both of us in some ways, you may see him at least a little differently. (And yes, yes, I know Wikipedia is not gospel.)  He does at least seem to listen to his constituents and repect their wishes.  

That said, I, too, wish we  had better Democratic choices.  Still, I'm definitely not saying I'm totally ready to vote for a Republican -- just that Kasich MAY be an option for me, as much as I dislike the "R" button in the voting booth.

I don't need to read the Wikipedia page.

This guy has been on my radar for a long time.

I remember when he was starting out as Newt Gingrich's bagman, when he tried to gut Social Security, then on to FAUX News where he learned all the new teatard talking points, getting a gig in the Columbus chapter of Lehman Bros (goodbye Ohio state pension funds), and finally darkening the door the Ohio governor's mansion, before deciding not to live there, instead using it for secret functions costing the taxpayer's hundreds of thousands of dollars (and let's not forget about the union bashing).

Don't Let Abysmal be the Enemy of the Barely Palatable
Kasich in 2016:
"Not as bad as the others"

9Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 3:14 pm

Sal

Sal

Kasich has pledged to sign a bill defunding Planned Parenthood as soon as he returns to Ohio from South Carolina.

Keep in mind, this is a bill crafted in response to the proven fake videos smearing Planned Parenthood, the producers of which are now facing felony charges.

What kind of asshole does that?

A typical rightwing Republican asshole, that's who.

10Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 3:16 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Salinsky wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:I thought Kasich did very well in tonight's CNN Town Hall with Anderson Cooper.   Up until now Kasich hadn't impressed me at all, and in fact sort of gave me the creeps.  But in tonight's one-on-one with the public, rather than in the contentious debate format he dislikes so intensely because of how nasty it's become, he really did shine.   He seems the most decent and sensible of the whole Republican field.  

Kasich only looks sane and reasonable in comparison to the rest of the House of Horrors that is the GOP presidential primary field.

In reality, he's no different than Scott Walker or Rick Snyder.

I wish that we had a better candidate on the Democratic side, but either Hillary or Bernie would be the far more responsible choice.

Kasich is an angry man with a giant chip on his shoulder.

11Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 4:45 pm

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:Kasich is an angry man with a giant chip on his shoulder.  

With whom or what is he angry?

OK, OK, so maybe I got a little carried away by wanting not to be quite so horrified by the idea of a Republican in the White House, in case it happens.

But I'll just say one more thing about Kasich based on the CNN town hall last night:  It's clear to me that, even though he considers himself a religious man, he sees very clearly the delineation between church and state and believes that a public official is not in office to, as he said,  "be a preacher," but rather to uphold the law, as is his sworn duty. That sets him far ahead of the rest of the Republican pack, as far as I'm concerned -- except maybe for Trump, who seems in little if any danger of ever having a strong religious ideology.

12Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 5:36 pm

RealLindaL wrote:

OK, OK, so maybe I got a little carried away by wanting not to be quite so horrified by the idea of a Republican in the White House, in case it happens.

But I'll just say one more thing about Kasich based on the CNN town hall last night:  It's clear to me that, even though he considers himself a religious man, he sees very clearly the delineation between church and state and believes that a public official is not in office to, as he said,  "be a preacher," but rather to uphold the law, as is his sworn duty. That sets him far ahead of the rest of the Republican pack, as far as I'm concerned -- except maybe for Trump, who seems in little if any danger of ever having a strong religious ideology.

I've watched Kasich for a while. His time in the Senate and also as Governor of Ohio - a man with actual experience in government. I do see him as level headed and one who would uphold his sworn duty. I'm not seeing someone who is arrogant and just wanting the next notch in his belt.

It's going to be interesting. I'm quite tired of the sideshow with Trump/Cruz/Rubio and I hope the good people who vote in the primaries look past the polling and hoopla to see someone who might actually have a shot at governing this nation well. Clicking the heels of my flipflops...

13Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 5:50 pm

RealLindaL

Interesting for sure, SW.   And I'll click my flip-flops right along with you -- for the same sentiments apply to all primary voters on both sides of the polling place aisle.

14Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/19/2016, 7:52 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:

He may say one thing, but his actions speak loud and clear, as Sal pointed out.  

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/07/20/424834838/5-things-you-should-know-about-john-kasich

(comment from npr site:)

I live in Ohio. Let me tell you all that Kasich balanced the state budget by slashing state and local funds by 50%. Not 10, 20, 25, but 50%. That left many local governments scrambling. They had to either cut out essential services, lay off employees, or put up tax levies to make up the difference. Many homeowners have seen their property taxes increase by leaps and bounds because of this. Before Kasich's attempt to decimate public sector unions, he was stopped by a state trooper for speeding, and promptly called the guy an idiot. His big push to decimate public schools into charter and religious schools has been a huge fail, and Ohio's charter schools are the laughing stock of the nation. At this moment, a movement is being organized to oust state education superintendent Richard Ross. Among other things, the state broke the law by omitting the inclusion of online school "F" ratings when evaluating them and also has been accused of rigging charter school ratings. His own party slashed a raft of items in the proposed state budget that Kasich wanted. Don't let the media and it's "he's a thoughtful moderate" hogwash fool you. He's a pawn for Big Oil, who once tried to push a measure requiring any mentor to public school students to be "faith-based". I'd say he's only marginally better than the rest of the GOP crowd of candidates, but he still does not impress me enough to earn my vote.

(another comment:)

6.) Is busy helping to poison Ohio's water by turning us into the country's frack waste dump. On top of that, he's opening up the state forests for mining and drilling. The Ohio River is the most polluted waterway in country, too.

7.) Has corrupted Ohio's justice system with private prison expansion, while crushing public transportation.

8.) Has given away millions in Ohio tax dollars to his Wall Street buddies through his restructuring of the liquor tax system. He also is funding his illegal "Jobs Ohio" program (fun fact, Ohio is 47th in job creation), a private organization, with public tax dollars. He also wasted hundreds of thousands of tax dollars remodeling his house so he could "work from home." Also, Ohio tax payers are stuck paying for his security detail as he campaigns.

9.) Is staunchly anti-education and anti-union (despite the fact that Ohio voters soundly defeated his union-busting attempts). Oh, and his for-profit school scheme is a joke and rife with fraud - this has been well documented.

10.) Is responsible for huge local tax hikes, layoffs and reductions in public services yet brags about how he balanced the budget.

(another:)

11. Put an anti-choice zealot with no health care experience in charge of the state medical board.

After his Fox stint, he was managing director at Lehman Brothers until its collapse in 2008...now there's a recommendation. Rolling Eyes

15Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/20/2016, 3:11 am

RealLindaL

Thanks for the info, Florida.

16Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/20/2016, 9:28 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks for the info, Florida.  

You're welcome. And I figured out why Kasich may be angry...he's divorced from his first wife. I wonder if he was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

17Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/20/2016, 11:34 pm

Sal

Sal

Kasich finished behind Jeb!

Impressive.

Rolling Eyes

18Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/21/2016, 3:26 am

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:Kasich finished behind Jeb!

Impressive.

Rolling Eyes

Presume he'll be dropping out shortly. Heaven help us with what's left.

19Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/21/2016, 12:52 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Kasich has the best resume to be President of any of the current Republican candidates if you ask me.

Unfortunately he's only raised a little over 10 million dollars & still polls at less than 10% ... so I don't expect he'll be around too much longer.

20Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/21/2016, 3:27 pm

Sal

Sal

Kasich will stay in.

He never stood a chance in South Carolina.

But, he will pick up many of the Jeb! supporters, and if he can win in Ohio and other Midwest states where his schtick plays well, he'll be in good shape.

21Kasich Empty Re: Kasich 2/21/2016, 6:35 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Sal, I know what you mean, but if you read the entire Wikipedia page on Kasich, which my husband found last night and which surprised both of us in some ways, you may see him at least a little differently. (And yes, yes, I know Wikipedia is not gospel.)  He does at least seem to listen to his constituents and respect their wishes.  

I don't need to read the Wikipedia page.

This guy has been on my radar for a long time.

I remember when he was starting out as Newt Gingrich's bagman, when he tried to gut Social Security, then on to FAUX News where he learned all the new teatard talking points, getting a gig in the Columbus chapter of Lehman Bros (goodbye Ohio state pension funds), and finally darkening the door the Ohio governor's mansion, before deciding not to live there, instead using it for secret functions costing the taxpayer's hundreds of thousands of dollars (and let's not forget about the union bashing).[/font]

Don't Let Abysmal be the Enemy of the Barely Palatable
Kasich in 2016:  "Not as bad as the others"

Once again we see Salinsky proudly telling the world that he is ignorant of the FACTS and steadfastly refuses to consider anything else.  He carefully picks and chooses the information he subjects himself to so no other opinion enters his mind.

PLEASE show us where anyone attempted to "gut" Social Security.  Your source and link please too.
[/quote]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum