Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reasonable Moderate John Kasich Defunds Planned Parenthood

+5
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Markle
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Keep in mind, this legislation was crafted in response to a bogus video, the producers of which are now facing felony charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-kasich-planned-parenthood-ohio_us_56ca1404e4b0928f5a6c4f1b

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Keep in mind, this legislation was crafted in response to a bogus video, the producers of which are now facing felony charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-kasich-planned-parenthood-ohio_us_56ca1404e4b0928f5a6c4f1b

As you know, there is nothing untrue about what Planned Parenthood specializes in and the fact that they sold body parts of aborted infants.

Just because something is legal, does not make it ethical or moral.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You are such a tool. Planned Parenthood provides a variety of OB/Gyn services. Termination of pregnancy is a very small percentage of those...and their service sometimes include treatment for men. In rural areas, Planned Parenthood may be the ONLY resource available to women who need gynecology and/or obstetrics.

This is the reason I could never support Kasich...he may be good at hiding it, but he's just as much a patriarchal religious zealot as the rest of the GOP field (Trump excluded). The GOP, needing the support of religious wackos, caters to this WAR ON WOMEN. Way to alienate voters, GOP!

2seaoat

I happen to believe PP serves a purpose. However, the question should never be the simple removal of funds from one organization, but rather was there a superior alternative provider which could provide services which were more cost effective. I do not agree that PP is exclusive and that no competing organizations can provide services. I happen to see the benefits of PP in the markets I have lived, but I also am familiar with competing agencies which provide quality services to woman including but not limited to abortion services. If someone can point to deficiencies in those alternative organizations, I am all ears.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I happen to believe PP serves a purpose. However, the question should never be the simple removal of funds from one organization, but rather was there a superior alternative provider which could provide services which were more cost effective. I do not agree that PP is exclusive and that no competing organizations can provide services. I happen to see the benefits of PP in the markets I have lived, but I also am familiar with competing agencies which provide quality services to woman [women] including but not limited to abortion services. If someone can point to deficiencies in those alternative organizations, I am all ears.

The solution is simple.

Planned Parenthood splits into two totally separate non-profit organizations. One remains "Planned Parenthood" and performs all the services of the current organization EXCEPT abortions. The separate organization would be called something like "Abortions 'R' Us". They, obviously, only perform abortions. One, PP, would be eligible for taxpayer funds, the other performing abortions would not.

Problem solved.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
As you know, there is nothing untrue about what Planned Parenthood specializes in and the fact that they sold body parts of aborted infants.

What specific empirical evidence do you have that they ever "sold" body parts?  My understanding, in listening very carefully to sworn testimony during the Congressional hearings with the head of PP last year, is that a very, very few locations -- a tiny percentage of PP facilities -- have occasionally donated fetal tissue, NOT sold it.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:The solution is simple.

Planned Parenthood splits into two totally separate non-profit organizations.  One remains "Planned Parenthood" and performs all the services of the current organization EXCEPT abortions.  The separate organization would be called something like "Abortions 'R' Us".  They, obviously, only perform abortions.  One, PP, would be eligible for taxpayer funds, the other performing abortions would not.

Problem solved.

My, my, isn't that an efficient use of community resources.

Look, why don't we just revert to back alley abortions performed by hack 'doctors,' and let the women die?   A lot cheaper, and no one would have to face the realities.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Keep in mind, this legislation was crafted in response to a bogus video, the producers of which are now facing felony charges.

Fetal body parts that are useful to scientific experimentation and research should be utilized instead of thrown away and wasted. What the hell is ethical or moral about wasting them?

It's already been proven the infamous videos produced by anti abortionist gangsters were false.

Kasich has a treacherous side to his character, but why should anyone care? He's not a realistic presidential candidate -- only a governor from what appears to be another whacko conservative state.

Reality.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:The solution is simple.

Planned Parenthood splits into two totally separate non-profit organizations.  One remains "Planned Parenthood" and performs all the services of the current organization EXCEPT abortions.  The separate organization would be called something like "Abortions 'R' Us".  They, obviously, only perform abortions.  One, PP, would be eligible for taxpayer funds, the other performing abortions would not.

Problem solved.

My, my, isn't that an efficient use of community resources.

Look, why don't we just revert to back alley abortions performed by hack 'doctors,' and let the women die?   A lot cheaper, and no one would have to face the realities.

Please show me where I made that statement or even hinted at such a solution.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:

You are objectively wrong there. Planned Parenthood doesn't sell body parts of aborted infants, nor does any video depict as much.

Stand corrected, Ole' Man Markle.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

What specific empirical evidence do you have that they ever "sold" body parts?  My understanding, in listening very carefully to sworn testimony during the Congressional hearings with the head of PP last year, is that a very, very few locations -- a tiny percentage of PP facilities -- have occasionally donated fetal tissue, NOT sold it.

Planned Parenthood Invoices Reveal Clinic's Profits From Selling Baby Body Parts, Lawyer Says

BY SAMUEL SMITH , CP REPORTER
February 2, 2016|6:29 pm

[...]

According to one invoice dated from January 2011 to June 2011, the school appears to have owed Planned Parenthood $2,374.98 for 12 specimens. According to an invoice from February to August of 2010, the school appears to have owed the abortion provider a total of $5,750 for 25 specimens.

Many of the documents that Cain uncovered were signed by Melissa Farrell, the director of research for the Planned Parenthood clinic in Houston, the same Planned Parenthood official who appeared in the fifth video released by CMP last year.

According to Operation Rescue, the invoices were divided into two different categories. The first category was "reimbursement for study supplies," which is a lawful reimbursement of costs related to the fetal tissue.

The second category is "consent payments." According to Operation Rescue, consent payments appear to be a designation that allowed the clinic to disguise its profits.

[...]

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/planned-parenthood-invoices-houston-clinic-profits-selling-aborted-baby-body-parts-156579/#UDSpZFBU6Vwypo4w.99

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

Planned Parenthood Invoices Reveal Clinic's Profits From Selling Baby Body Parts, Lawyer Says

[...]

According to one invoice dated from January 2011 to June 2011, the school appears to have owed Planned Parenthood $2,374.98 for 12 specimens. According to an invoice from February to August of 2010, the school appears to have owed the abortion provider a total of $5,750 for 25 specimens.

Many of the documents that Cain uncovered were signed by Melissa Farrell, the director of research for the Planned Parenthood clinic in Houston, the same Planned Parenthood official who appeared in the fifth video released by CMP last year.

According to Operation Rescue, the invoices were divided into two different categories. The first category was "reimbursement for study supplies," which is a lawful reimbursement of costs related to the fetal tissue.

The second category is "consent payments." According to Operation Rescue, consent payments appear to be a designation that allowed the clinic to disguise its profits.

[...]

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/planned-parenthood-invoices-houston-clinic-profits-selling-aborted-baby-body-parts-156579/#UDSpZFBU6Vwypo4w.99

But you realize that this has been investigated exhaustively, right?  And you realize that the only wrongdoing that was found to have taken place was on the part of the organization who produced the heavily edited videos, right, Ole' Man Markle?  They were in fact indicted.  You realize this, right?

Markle, you realize that you're spreading the lies of a criminal organization who has been indicted, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/politics/planned-parenthood-activists-indicted/

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/260333-no-wrongdoing-by-planned-parenthood-in-washington-state-says

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-plannedparenthood-texas-idUSKCN0V32QD

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:

[...]

[...]

But you realize that this has been investigated exhaustively, right?  And you realize that the only wrongdoing that was found to have taken place was on the part of the organization who produced the heavily edited videos, right, Ole' Man Markle?  They were in fact indicted.  You realize this, right?

Markle, you realize that you're spreading the lies of a criminal organization who has been indicted, right?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/25/politics/planned-parenthood-activists-indicted/

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/260333-no-wrongdoing-by-planned-parenthood-in-washington-state-says

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-plannedparenthood-texas-idUSKCN0V32QD

Markle?

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Please show me where I made that statement or even hinted at such a solution.

You didn't have to, Markle.  Because the logical upshot of what you're suggesting -- to cut off public funding for what remains of PP abortions and force PP to somehow find private funding for separate facilities (HIGHLY unlikely in today's environment), almost certainly means the end of the PP abortion option.   Add to that the closures to date of the majority of other  abortion clinics remaining in the U.S., due either to untenable new laws or (too often) violence or threats of same, and what choices will women -- especially those of limited means -- have remaining but to seek the back alleys and coat hangers of the darker days in our society?

Yes, yes, the right-to-lifers will say this is just great, because the women do have another choice -- the only acceptable one, in their eyes -- and that's to carry the baby to term and give birth, and either put the child up for adoption or keep it.   But do they really think that a greater percentage of women will make that choice than they did in the past, because of the heavy-handed closure of safe medical facilities for abortion?  Is that the way to convince them of the error of their ways?

Maybe so; I don't know; I'm not a sociologist. Somehow I doubt it. But one big question haunts me:  If more and more unwanted babies are born, many being raised in far less than optimal environments, and often ending up at the mercy of public assistance and welfare along with the mothers, won't the religious right scream about that, too?  

In other words, isn't this perhaps a case of, "We cherish all life including in the womb and insist each fetus be carried to term," followed by "But don't come crying to us for financial aid to raise your friggin' baby!!  Figure it out for yourself!" -- ?????

Some will then likely want to remind me that the tenets of "personal responsibility" dictate that the woman (NEVER the man, of course, OH no), should've prevented the pregnancy in the first place or had a plan to properly raise the resultant child in a loving, economically secure home.  Right. Saying that over and over will surely solve everything, and change the world.  

NOT.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

You are objectively wrong there. Planned Parenthood doesn't sell body parts of aborted infants, nor does any video depict as much.

I have proven you wrong. They do SELL body parts.

The video's depict the heads of this organization are discussing the sale of the body parts.

Anyone who has viewed the entire video's has NOT said what is in the clips for TV are wrong or taken out of context.

The producers have been indicted for taping the conversation without the permission of Planned Parenthood.

I rather enjoy your desperate need to call me names. It so accurately emphasizes your desperation. Keep up the good work.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

You are objectively wrong there.  Planned Parenthood doesn't sell body parts of aborted infants, nor does any video depict as much.

I have proven you wrong.  They do SELL body parts.

The video's depict the heads of this organization are discussing the sale of the body parts.

Anyone who has viewed the entire video's has NOT said what is in the clips for TV are wrong or taken out of context.  

The producers have been indicted for taping the conversation without the permission of Planned Parenthood.

I rather enjoy your desperate need to call me names.  It so accurately emphasizes your desperation.  Keep up the good work.

You're done, Markle. Hope you enjoyed the forum.

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

I rather enjoy your desperate need to call me names.  It so accurately emphasizes your desperation.  Keep up the good work.

The Harris County grand jury was called upon to investigate alleged criminal activity by Planned Parenthood.

The grand jury completely exonerated Planned Parenthood (as have 11 other state investigation), and instead indicted the producers of the videos with multiple charges.

You are either incredibly dishonest or criminally stupid or both.

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:

You are objectively wrong there.  Planned Parenthood doesn't sell body parts of aborted infants, nor does any video depict as much.

You're done, Markle. Hope you enjoyed the forum.

What do you mean by that?

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:What do you mean by that?

Isn't it obvious?

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What do you mean by that?

Isn't it obvious?

That he's banning markle for telling the truth? Pp acknowledges that they sell fetal parts... they have for a very long time. (I don't have a problem with it btw... why waste the scientific value since you've already wasted the life) The video being gained illegally doesn't have anything to do with that fact... neither does an equivocation about whether it's for profit or not. It is what it is... own it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/13/politics/planned-parenthood-fetal-tissue-reimbursement/index.html

Washington (CNN)—Planned Parenthood announced Tuesday that it would no longer accept reimbursement for fetal tissue used for research, a move the group's president hopes will extinguish the firestorm sparked by the release of edited, undercover videos this summer.

boards of FL

boards of FL

In a climate where politicians are revoking funding from organizations like Planned Parenthood based upon entirely fabricated narratives - and to appease Markle's and those like Markle - I can't ethically give a voice to someone who will push such narratives. Real organizations lose funding, real people lose jobs, real people lose care.

Planned Parenthood is not a business peddling in baby parts. Planned Parenthood doesn't "sell" baby parts in the same sense that is purported on the videos. This is factually well established by numerous courts and the producers of this misinformation have been indicted. The problem with that is that the damage has already been done in some cases, such as in Ohio.

So you banned him because he injured your delicate leftist sensibilities? You're a fucking nazi punk.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Hell, nearly every thing Semi-sane Markle says in this forum is outrageous, fact-tailored bullshit.

Still, he is the leading voice of the knuckle-dragging, Nigger-hating christian fundamentalist far right ... and without him, this forum won't be half as much fun.

Reality.

2seaoat

I will miss Mr. Markle. I will not miss when he is fudging and knows better, but most of his posts are just a different perception on reality.......LSD was popular when he was a young man.

knothead

knothead

His radicalized right wing view of the world needs to be here . . . . . it's called free speech!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum