Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

recommendation for refrigerator repair

+2
knothead
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We got a text that a refrigerator is not completely cooling and would like to call someone if we cannot fix it Friday, or get a new one.

knothead

knothead

seaoat, I have used Ace Appliance Service, 850-458-7744, name is Joe, they repaired our microwave and did a good job. His e-mail: Aceapplianceserv@aol.com

2seaoat

Thanks. Will check it out.

Vikingwoman

Don't use Adonai's. They double charge you for parts.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Don't use Adonai's. They double charge you for parts.
Oops...I use Adonis.  He is very nice and experienced. A little pricey. 

I have come to the conclusion that most independent  service people are going to over charge you and affiliate companies screw you more.

Independent companies have a service charge....that charge must include transportation, gas, workers comp insurance, business taxes, office expenses, etc. Labor pays for the technician to do the repair. Parts includes taxes paid and procurement. Basically the same as an Aspirin costing > than $60-70 in the hospital. Small business owners get screwed.

Vikingwoman

Actually, Adonais almost tripled charged for a part. He gave me a quote and had to get the part from Marconi's. While he was gone I called Marconi's to get the price and it was nearly triple so I paid him for the service charge called Emerald Coast Appliances and still came out cheaper. Adonais operates out of his house and his wife is his helper. I don't like being gouged.

RealLindaL

Sorry for delayed response.  Too late for Seaoat but maybe someone else can use this info:
We use A & E Factory Service and find them eminently capable, professional, and forthright, even though not the cheapest game on the block.  I think they're now part of the Sears home services network which may put some people off, but A&E remains independent in contacts and scheduling and so far they've never disappointed us.  They are also the authorized warranty repair service company for several major appliance brands, including higher end names such as Jenn-Air.

A & E Factory Service

(800)905-9505

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:seaoat, I have used Ace Appliance Service, 850-458-7744, name is Joe, they repaired our microwave and did a good job. His e-mail: Aceapplianceserv@aol.com

We also  used Ace on a refrigerator (ice maker) repair/replacement some  years back and they did fine.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We have gotten our best results from A-Earl Appliance Repair. Earl is now very old (late 70s or maybe even 80). He never retired (Except from the USAF several eons ago). He is a whippersnapper, and can fix anything.

About a year ago, we retained Economy Appliance Repair to fix our washing machine. They screwed up the repair, and when my wife complained about it, the owner got surly with her. So, I left a 1-star review for them online and we called Earl. We asked him if he was still working and his retort was "I'm still working!" He came over and found that Economy had installed the wrong part in their "fix." Earl installed the correct part and we were good to go.

Another good repair guy is Charles Ryan. He is a retired USMC drill instructor.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:We have gotten our best results from A-Earl Appliance Repair. Earl is now very old (late 70s or maybe even 80). He never retired (Except from the USAF several eons ago). He is a whippersnapper, and can fix anything.

About a year ago, we retained Economy Appliance Repair to fix our washing machine. They screwed up the repair, and when my wife complained about it, the owner got surly with her. So, I left a 1-star review for them online and we called Earl. We asked him if he was still working and his retort was "I'm still working!" He came over and found that Economy had installed the wrong part in their "fix." Earl installed the correct part and we were good to go.

Another good repair guy is Charles Ryan. He is a retired USMC drill instructor.

I use Baker appliance in Gulf Breeze....he is old and works because he like too.

2seaoat

Ace fixed it, and tenant was very happy with the quick response and we were happy with a reasonable bill.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Ace fixed it, and tenant was very happy with the quick response and we were happy with a reasonable bill.

You're welcome Mr. Oats . . . .

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Ace fixed it, and tenant was very happy with the quick response and we were happy with a reasonable bill.

You're welcome Mr. Oats . . . .

Surely, knot, you didn't actually expect a thank-you from sea?    LOL

Glad to see he's still kickin' around, however, even if he DID ignore my check-in request.    Smile

2seaoat

Thank you knot. Now can somebody give me a good recommendation to get a new air conditioner unit. It is still working, but it is over 15 years old and I want to replace it before it fails and I cannot shop the best price and install.

Linda, been traveling and lost our internet four days ago.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Thank you knot.   Now can somebody give me a good recommendation to get a new air conditioner unit.  It is still working, but it is over 15 years old and I want to replace it before it fails and I cannot shop the best price and install.

Linda, been traveling and lost our internet four days ago.

No problemo, Sea, was just giving you a hard time for the fun of it.  (You wouldn't know anything about that kind of thing, of course.  Ahem.)

Is this a window unit, or what?

2seaoat

Is this a window unit, or what?

No Central Air which needs a new outside unit. It is working fine, but I have lost units in the summer and there is a price to be paid rushing to replace the same. I would like to repair before a problem will happen. Preventive maintenance is smart maintenance.

Vikingwoman

I just had a new handler and outside condenser put in Oct. The inside handler was only 10 years old but the outside quit and did not use the 410A refrigerant that is now required. I called about 8 companies and the prices ranged from $3500-5000 for a 21/2 ton for both units. I got both units for $2800 from Energysavers of Florida w/ a lifetime warranty on the condenser. Amana is the only co. that offers a lifetime warranty on their condensers.

RealLindaL

Over the past year or so dealing with an aging heat pump system, we've had a bad experience with Gulf Breeze Air (will NEVER use them again), and, by contrast, a very satisfactory experience with MCombs out of Milton, phone 850-994-5467, ask for "Benny."  McCombs does most of the electrical and HVAC work for Newman Rodgers Construction, whom some of you may know as a highly reputable Pensacola-based general contractor who lives on Pensacola Beach, is a recent past president of the Homebuilders Association of West Florida, and is an honest man who provides quality work to code.  Rodgers doesn't tolerate overpricing or shoddy workmanship in his subs.  And McCombs won't try to sell you something you don't need.

Vikingwoman

I've used McCombs a few times. They came out and and couldn't figure out what was wrong w/ the condenser. It was making a whining noise. They cleaned the coils but it still made the noise. They said they would sent the bill. They gave me an estimate for $3500 for a new unit and handler. About two months later they sent a bill for $95 and when I called to pay it over the phone they said they didn't take credit or debit cards. You had to mail a check or bring one down to them. I told them I don't use checks anymore. I had to go to the bank and get a cashiers check and mail it. Very inconvenient and not in this century.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Over the past year or so dealing with an aging heat pump system, we've had a bad experience with Gulf Breeze Air (will NEVER use them again), and, by contrast, a very satisfactory experience with MCombs out of Milton, phone 850-994-5467, ask for "Benny."  McCombs does most of the electrical and HVAC work for Newman Rodgers Construction, whom some of you may know as a highly reputable Pensacola-based general contractor who lives on Pensacola Beach, is a recent past president of the Homebuilders Association of West Florida, and is an honest man who provides quality work to code.  Rodgers doesn't tolerate overpricing or shoddy workmanship in his subs.  And McCombs won't try to sell you something you don't need.

Thanks for good information . . . . I use McCombs as well to install a transition box for use of the generator . . . . . . they do professional work and like you said they don't try to sell you something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum