Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendation on electrician or handyman in GB

+4
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Anyone know of one, need two ceiling fans replaced. I have the new ones. Just an install. Shouldn't need any wiring.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Here is where having a former son-in-law who is an electrician comes in handy!  Razz

He is highly competent at his job. However, he is into heavy drinking now, and it affects the product of his work. We try to avoid using him if we can.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Thanks, Z I won't use him, can you message me his name so I don't stumble across him in my search?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Anyone know of one, need two ceiling fans replaced. I have the new ones. Just an install. Shouldn't need any wiring.

I'll get back with you

2seaoat

Mrs Seaoat could help you, but she will not be returning to Florida for awhile, and I am worthless now and would probably fall off a ladder. I would recommend you call one of the beach rental real estate offices to give you some names of their maintenance folks. They will be reasonable and do that stuff all the time.

dumpcare

Thanks all.

Vikingwoman

I have found handymen from craigslist especially to charge exorbitant prices. $75 an hour is way too much. I'll learn to do it myself before I'll call them.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I would recommend you call one of the beach rental real estate offices to give you some names of their maintenance folks.   They will be reasonable and do that stuff all the time.

Now, that's a great idea, Seaoat!

cheerscheerscheerscheers

I bought my first ceiling fan when I was stationed here for 3-years in 1981, and installed it in the master bedroom of the half of a duplex I had bought on Creighton Road. It was my first privately-owned home. No deployments overseas or to the desert at 29 Palms for 3 years, so I put down some roots.

I installed my first fan myself; it was not too hard.

I kept that home as a rental when I was transferred back to California in 1984. It stayed a rental until we finally sold it in 2014. I had owned it 33 years, total.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

Love this commercial ...

dumpcare

Salinsky wrote:Love this commercial ...

Yep that's me, lol

Replacing ceiling fans is really easy. There's probably hundreds of youtubes.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:Replacing ceiling fans is really easy. There's probably hundreds of youtubes.

Can't because I have 2 herniated discs in my neck.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca,

I have a landlord friend who has given me names of handymen in the past.
I'll have lunch with him on Thursday and will get a name and number for you.

knothead

knothead

pp,
You have a pm . . .

ppaca wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Replacing ceiling fans is really easy. There's probably hundreds of youtubes.

Can't because I have 2 herniated discs in my neck.

Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. I've had some bad problems with that. Finally had to have four vertebrae fused c3-c7 two years ago because they had impinged my spinal cord by 50%. The terrible pain is gone... but I have some lessor issues and limitations. If you ever decide to have something done please let us know... maybe we can help w info.

dumpcare

Thanks all, it may end up we get an electrician.

Pkr, I've had the herniation's going on 20 years and had some pretty bad pain for 3 weeks up until a day or so ago, it has mostly subsided, this time. I have been laid up before. I don't think, but can never rule out I will ever have surgery.

Ya... I didn't think so either. My neck had bothered me since high school football... I had just learned to cope with the pain. It was strange after recovering not to have that pain. It's amazing how much relief and relaxing it is not to hurt. A better quality of life.

That said... I really didn't have a choice. I could barely put the cap back on the tooth paste right before surgery. It was bad.

dumpcare

Wow that must have been bad if you could not put the cap on toothpaste. This last episode I had made both my arms go numb and felt asleep at same time cause I have one in the lower back also it went out and my legs felt same way. Went to a chiropractor a couple times and it helped some but still a little pain. I would have to get as bad as you to have surgery.

Anyway the electrician is my wife's idea so just called one in GB and it's $80.00 to do both fans. I would have settle for a handyman but $80 is not bad around here.

Thanks all

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Wow that must have been bad if you could not put the cap on toothpaste. This last episode I had made both my arms go numb and felt asleep at same time cause I have one in the lower back also it went out and my legs felt same way. Went to a chiropractor a couple times and it helped some but still a little pain. I would have to get as bad as you to have surgery.

Anyway the electrician is my wife's idea so just called one in GB and it's $80.00 to do both fans. I would have settle for a handyman but $80 is not bad around here.

Thanks all

Good price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum