Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR NEKOCHAN: One of the most prominent conservative republican voices in America calls Romney's remarks "stupid and arrogant".

+5
Nekochan
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

knothead

knothead

newswatcher wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Crystal is entitled to his opinion, and he's probably frustrated that something like this might hurt Romney. But the bottom line is this, which he also said:

It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November

What's the problem with the statement in general...does anyone really feel that the freeloading voting block for the COWH would even consider not voting for the person that gets them their government checks and food stamps?...NOT talking about those that truly need help but those that have made a lifechoice of living off the government...There was nothing incorrect or arrogant in what Romney said....

The irony in your statement is that the majority of the 47% are from blood red states, poor people who will cast their vote for Romney, the Dixiecrats.

Nekochan

Nekochan

[quote="newswatcher"]
nochain wrote:
Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote: And that has nothing to do with which one I HOPE will win, only which one I now believe WILL WIN.

Romneys series of "gaffes" of course get major press and commentary. Debates are one thing, will people watch and will the results be commented on fairly? Doubtful, it is obvious BHO has much of the media in his pocket and is using his Justice Dept to manipulate at least one outlet. One advantage Romney will have in a debate is BHO will not have access to his precious teleprompter. Now if Romney would just think before speaking.....

Video comes out from the COWH....I actually believe in redistribution...silence follows....

Of course. Bob even said he's not against all redistribution.
But Obama's comment is not news either. I knew with his answer to Joe the plumber back in 2008 what his ideas are. It's against what this country was founded on, in my opinion. Obama's ideas are bad for America. Punishing the successful is not what America should be about.

Last edited by Nekochan on 9/19/2012, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Crystal is entitled to his opinion, and he's probably frustrated that something like this might hurt Romney. But the bottom line is this, which he also said:

It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November

What's the problem with the statement in general...does anyone really feel that the freeloading voting block for the COWH would even consider not voting for the person that gets them their government checks and food stamps?...NOT talking about those that truly need help but those that have made a lifechoice of living off the government...There was nothing incorrect or arrogant in what Romney said....

The irony in your statement is that the majority of the 47% are from blood red states, poor people who will cast their vote for Romney, the Dixiecrats.
Well, you can go out and try to persuade them. But they might not be as stupid and partisan as some Dems might think. We were at the Depot Days Festival in Hartselle, AL over the weekend. There was a Democratic Party office right in the middle of town, where the festivities were set up. Ironically again, almost ALL of their campaign signs were about local and state politicians, and not about Obama. You see, in Alabama, up until just last year, most local and state votes were cast for Democrats, while the votes for president have been for Republicans. Alabamians like their conservative/moderate Democrats but they don't trust Obama.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote: Bob even said he's not against all redistribution.
But there's a lot of "redistribution" I AM against. As I said before, if I was calling the shots virtually every welfare recipient getting handouts would have to do some kind of work (and in-home work if that's what it takes) to earn those handouts.
I'm also against this kind of "redistribution"...

Thousands of wealthy earners manage to zero out tax bills

More than 35,000 people who had income of more than $200,000 in 2009 paid no federal income taxes that year, according to a new report from the Internal Revenue Service.

The non-taxpayers were among the top 3 percent of all earners with more than $200,000 in "expanded income," which includes adjusted gross income plus other less common sources of income such as tax-exempt interest or foreign income.

The number of wealthy people who paid no federal income taxes rose between 2007 and 2009, thanks in part to new tax credits, according to the report.

Programs such as a relatively new refundable alternative minimum tax credit and the first-time homebuyer credit helped a tiny portion of these wealthy earners to zero out their federal tax bill.

Some of those credits were introduced as a way to help spur spending and economic growth. Previously, the main tax credits available only applied to people with lower incomes.

http://tinyurl.com/8wyauqq

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, I am against the current tax code, in case I haven't made that clear.
I am for a simplified tax system.
The people who had high incomes but paid zero in taxes probably had investment losses or some kind of losses that they were able to use to offset their taxes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What of the 18.1% of U.S. households that paid neither income nor payroll taxes? More than half of them were headed by a senior.

In 2009, according to Internal Revenue Service studies, six of the 400 U.S. tax filers with the highest adjusted gross income (meaning AGI of at least $77 million) paid no U.S. income tax

More than $77 million in income and four of them paid NO income taxes.
Those people are included in that 47% Romney says have no personal responsibility for themselves and only want government handouts.
And that half of the whole 47% who paid no income tax are seniors. Also included in Romney's 47% who have no personal responsibility for themselves and only want government handouts.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2012/09/17/memo-to-mitt-romney-the-47-pay-taxes-too/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
The people who had high incomes but paid zero in taxes probably had investment losses or some kind of losses that they were able to use to offset their taxes.
Why should they be allowed to be exempt from paying income tax. I had some investment losses last year. I still paid income tax. And that's even though I'm only in the lousy 15% bracket.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Why should they be allowed to be exempt from paying income tax. I had some investment losses last year. I still paid income tax. And that's even though I'm only in the lousy 15% bracket.

I didn't say that they should be exempt. Again, Bob-- I am AGAINST the tax code. But they are paying (or not paying) under the same tax code that you and I are paying under. The rules are no different for them than for you. I don't blame them for taking every deduction, credit that they can. Do you blame them? I don't blame the 47% for taking every credit that they can take. But it's unsustainable.

Yella

Yella

Islam and those dedicated to it is the scariest thing in the world.

Romney and his followers would be next

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote: I don't blame them for taking every deduction, credit that they can.
I don't blame the 47% for taking every credit that they can take.

Well now you're disagreeing with the person you've been defending (Romney).
Because he says the 47% who paid no taxes... "are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what….These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

I have to respectfully disagree, Yella.
Romney supporters aren't under any illusion that he's going to solve all of their problems or all of the world's problems. On the other hand, back in 2008, there were Obama supporters who really thought that Obama was going to take care of paying for their housing, their car payments, their food and everything else for them. They thought that the whole world would love us if we elected Obama. Now that's a crazy and dangerous "worship" sort of mentality.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, since I started this thread I've received four plus votes.
You folks are obviously hitting the wrong button. Please don't keep doing that because you're spoiling my total.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote: I don't blame them for taking every deduction, credit that they can.
I don't blame the 47% for taking every credit that they can take.

Well now you're disagreeing with the person you've been defending (Romney).
Because he says the 47% who paid no taxes... "are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what….These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

lol

I don't see it that way. I don't see that Romney says they shouldn't take all those credits and deductions.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:I have to respectfully disagree, Yella.
Romney supporters aren't under any illusion that he's going to solve all of their problems or all of the world's problems.
You obviously haven't been listening to Fox n Friends or Hannity lately. For those freaks, Romney is now every bit as much a messiah as Obama was to that bunch on MSNBC. lol

Last edited by Bob on 9/19/2012, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Yella wrote:Islam and those dedicated to it is the scariest thing in the world.

Romney and his followers would be next

That's true

It wouldn't matter if his NAMBLA membership came out

The ABO crowd wouldn't give a chit

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have to respectfully disagree, Yella.
Romney supporters aren't under any illusion that he's going to solve all of their problems or all of the world's problems.
You obviously haven't been listening to Fox n Friends or Hannity lately. For those freaks, Romney is now every bit as much a messiah as Obama was to that bunch on MSNBC. lol
They think that Romney is going to pay their car payment?
No, I rarely watch Hannity. He gets on my nerves.

Anyway, this post of yours kind of contradicts your thread.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
No, they think Romney is gonna create everybody a job. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
No, they think Romney is gonna create everybody a job. lol

Like I said, this very thread contradicts the idea that all Romney supporters think that Romney is all sunshine and greatness.
But for the ones who like Romney, at least they don't think Romney is going to make their car payments every month.
And Bob--most Republicans don't think that the government creates jobs, just that the government shouldn't put obstacles in the way of job creation.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
And Bob--most Republicans don't think that the government creates jobs, just that the government shouldn't put obstacles in the way of job creation.
Then somebody needs to tell that to Romney because at every campaign stop he's telling the crowd that he's going to create jobs for everybody who doesn't have one. In fact that's about his whole campaign in a nutshell.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Then somebody needs to tell that to Romney because at every campaign stop he's telling the crowd that he's going to create jobs for everybody who doesn't have one. In fact that's about his whole campaign in a nutshell.

You've been listening to Romney at every campaign stop? Then you should know that he says he wants to preserve Social Security.

[quote="Bob"]
Nekochan wrote:
And because at every campaign stop he's telling the crowd that he's going to create jobs for everybody who doesn't have one. In fact that's about his whole campaign in a nutshell.

Obama 08 style?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:

You've been listening to Romney at every campaign stop? Then you should know that he says he wants to preserve Social Security.
The soundbites at every campaign stop are played on television.

EVERY presidential candidate who ever lived says they want to preserve social security. Except the ones who said they didn't and their 15 minutes ran out in less than 15 minutes. lol

2seaoat

Stereotypes.......you know those folks who voted for Obama because he would make their car payments.....really? Do I really even have to say anything.

This campaign has simply become stupid. Romney is just being honest. He represents those who want to steal America and redistribute the middle class among the 1%.....totally sacking this country. Obama and others.....including good Republicans have not been happy with the median income trend......and now they are accused of redistribution of wealth......The truth is simple. The median income is the entire indicator of where we have to go........and you can call it anything you want, but the 1% are not going to steal this country. Romney will lose.....taxes will go up, and Obama will think he has a mandate, and will grow government.....not my first choice, but Romney could not get elected to Dog Catcher, and Ann Coulter was correct from the beginning.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I haven't heard Romney say that he's going to create jobs for everyone. I guess I'm hearing something different than Bob is hearing. But here is Romney's Jobs Platform, from his website:

http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2011/09/believe-america-my-plan-jobs-and-economic-growth

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

[quote="nochain"]
Bob wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
And because at every campaign stop he's telling the crowd that he's going to create jobs for everybody who doesn't have one. In fact that's about his whole campaign in a nutshell.

Obama 08 style?
See that's the thing that you'll never get from fox news or msnbc. Which is that in many ways there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum