Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR NEKOCHAN: One of the most prominent conservative republican voices in America calls Romney's remarks "stupid and arrogant".

+5
Nekochan
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Yella, Romney's accounting firm gave a notarized statement with a summary of 20 years of the Romneys' taxes. Romney's average rate over 20 years was around 20% with a low of around 13%.

Here's a pretty good article explaining why there are different rates for different types of income. From Slate, not exactly a right wing source. Of course, if all that matters to someone is seeing 10 years of Romney's tax returns, I very much doubt they'd vote for him, anyway. I think that the people hollering about Romney's taxes would never vote for him, regardless.

Why Mitt Romney's Effective Tax Rate Is So Low And Why It Probably Should Be

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/09/21/mitt_romney_s_effective_tax_rate_is_very_low_most_economists_think_it_should_be_.html

Neko, I still would like to see something more definitive.

Yella, what I think is that you would never vote for Romney, regardless. The whole damn world is falling apart. Frankly, I don't care what Romney OR Obama paid in taxes 10 years ago. I don't even care where Obama was born. If he were doing a good job as President, none of that would matter. He's not doing a good job and it still doesn't matter.

Who did you think did a good job as President?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Yella, Romney's accounting firm gave a notarized statement with a summary of 20 years of the Romneys' taxes. Romney's average rate over 20 years was around 20% with a low of around 13%.

Give me a fucking break, Neko. A notarized letter from Price Waterhouse saying what Willard's tax rate was over the last ten years is worth the toilet paper I used earlier today. Actually, I could get Price Waterhouse to notarize that used toilet paper as long as I signed it in front of the notary. What a joke. Until an independent tax expert looks at Willard’s taxes and calculates the effective tax rate, we don’t have any idea what Mitt paid in taxes those years. Get a clue.

Dreamsglore wrote:
PkrBum wrote:i think she paid a higher percentage as tax... so did i... although in total obama and romney paid much more.

isn't that the rationalized propaganda that the left uses to say that the wealthy don't pay their fair share?

In order for her to do that she would have to make close to that salary.You can't be serious in thinking she would be making that much money working as a medical technologist. I mean seriously.

if rommey made 1,000 dollars and paid 140 dollars in tax... and chrissy made 100 dollars and paid 30 dollars in tax... who paid a higher tax rate? and who paid the most tax?

this is the logic used to denigrate the wealthy with that "fair share" class warfare crap. we have a progressive tax code. there are also differing rates depending on the source of income. capital gains tax is different from income tax.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:

Give me a fucking break, Neko. A notarized letter from Price Waterhouse saying what Willard's tax rate was over the last ten years is worth the toilet paper I used earlier today. Actually, I could get Price Waterhouse to notarize that used toilet paper as long as I signed it in front of the notary. What a joke. Until an independent tax expert looks at Willard’s taxes and calculates the effective tax rate, we don’t have any idea what Mitt paid in taxes those years. Get a clue.

I have a clue. I have a clue that it's people in the OBAMA admin who have been tax cheats. Romney has paid what he owed in taxes and that is all that matters to me.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
I have a clue. I have a clue that it's people in the OBAMA admin who have been tax cheats. Romney has paid what he owed in taxes and that is all that matters to me.

Hey, you're the one giving credence to a "notarized statement". That says everything that needs to be said about your cluelessness. You have no idea if Romney paid what he owed, and you don't care because he has an (R) next to his name. That's all that matters to you.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Hey, you're the one giving credence to a "notarized statement". That says everything that needs to be said about your cluelessness. You have no idea if Romney paid what he owed, and you don't care because he has an (R) next to his name. That's all that matters to you.

You have no interest in the fact that a number of Obama appointees are tax cheats because they have a "D" by their name. What about all the DEMOCRATIC tax cheats? The ones that we know haven't paid their "fair share"? You have no interest in their taxes.

PkrBum wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
PkrBum wrote:i think she paid a higher percentage as tax... so did i... although in total obama and romney paid much more.

isn't that the rationalized propaganda that the left uses to say that the wealthy don't pay their fair share?

In order for her to do that she would have to make close to that salary.You can't be serious in thinking she would be making that much money working as a medical technologist. I mean seriously.

if rommey made 1,000 dollars and paid 140 dollars in tax... and chrissy made 100 dollars and paid 30 dollars in tax... who paid a higher tax rate? and who paid the most tax?
There's no way Chrissy would pay $30 on $100 because that would be a 30% tax rate and if you look at the tax rates they start that high on over several hundred thousand dollars. No way a med tech makes that much.That's why she couldn't pay as much as Obama.After deductions and credits that would be the tax rate you paid. There's no way she's in the 35% tax bracket.

Here’s a quick rundown of what the Federal income tax brackets are expected to look like in 2012:
Tax Bracket Married Filing Jointly Single
10% Bracket $0 – $17,400 $0 – $8,700
15% Bracket $17,400 – $70,700 $8,700 – $35,350
25% Bracket $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $85,650
28% Bracket $142,700 – $217,450 $85,650 – $178,650
33% Bracket $217,450 – $388,350 $178,650 – $388,350
35% Bracket Over $388,350 Over $388,350
this is the logic used to denigrate the wealthy with that "fair share" class warfare crap. we have a progressive tax code. there are also differing rates depending on the source of income. capital gains tax is different from income tax.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I thought the argument from the Left has been that the middle class pays most in taxes?? Now Dreams has this chart showing differently which is what I've been saying all along.
It does matter whether you're filing single, etc. And there are different types of income taxed at different rates.

Last edited by Nekochan on 9/21/2012, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

You have no interest in the fact that a number of Obama appointees are tax cheats because they have a "D" by their name. What about all the DEMOCRATIC tax cheats? The ones that we know haven't paid their "fair share"? You have no interest in their taxes.

The only reason I would care what Romney paid is that he paid a lesser amount than poorer people. When you're running for Pres. that matters to people who have paid a lesser percentage.

Nekochan wrote:I thought the argument from the Left has been that the middle class pays most in taxes?? Now Dreams has this chart showing differently which is what I've been saying all along.

How do you figure that?

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

As far as I know they paid them all with penalties. Shame on them for being late. Your choice for POTUS is a plutocrat. He has no sanctuary, and you have no excuse.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

The only reason I would care what Romney paid is that he paid a lesser amount than poorer people. When you're running for Pres. that matters to people who have paid a lesser percentage.

Again, there are different types of income and there are good reasons why some types of income at taxed at lower rates....as illustrated in the Slate article I gave a link to.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I thought the argument from the Left has been that the middle class pays most in taxes?? Now Dreams has this chart showing differently which is what I've been saying all along.

How do you figure that?
You've been saying that the middle class pay more than the rich. Your chart shows differently.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

As far as I know they paid them all with penalties. Shame on them for being late. Your choice for POTUS is a plutocrat. He has no sanctuary, and you have no excuse.

As far as you know? Well, the tax experts should investigate shouldn't they. After all, they only write the tax laws for the rest of us. They are GUILTY of tax evasion. But all you have is--shame on them.

Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

As far as you know? Well, the tax experts should investigate shouldn't they. After all, they only write the tax laws for the rest of us. They are GUILTY of tax evasion. But all you have is--shame on them.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-tax-plan-helps-rich-most-tax-group-130529619.html

And it's not a democratic study.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Well, the tax experts should investigate shouldn't they.

Yes, let's do that.

I'm thinking Willard would disagree.

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

How do you figure that?
You've been saying that the middle class pay more than the rich. Your chart shows differently.

That shows earned income tax rates.The rich pay capital gains so I don't now where you get the chart shows that. 35% tax rate for those making over $400,000 and Romney paid 14%?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I personally think the problem with Romney's taxes goes much deeper than just the taxes. As Seaoat pointed out, Romney has $100 million in an IRA, something that defies explanation. And where did Bain Capital get its startup money? Apparently, according to the Atlantic article, from the Salvadoran mob. Romney's a crook, a pirate in a suit. But the fact that he has an "R" next to his name means that some people just close their eyes and ignore the red flags.

Yella

Yella

Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

Here's a pretty good article explaining why there are different rates for different types of income. From Slate, not exactly a right wing source. Of course, if all that matters to someone is seeing 10 years of Romney's tax returns, I very much doubt they'd vote for him, anyway. I think that the people hollering about Romney's taxes would never vote for him, regardless.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/09/21/mitt_romney_s_effective_tax_rate_is_very_low_most_economists_think_it_should_be_.html

Yella, what I think is that you would never vote for Romney, regardless. The whole damn world is falling apart. Frankly, I don't care what Romney OR Obama paid in taxes 10 years ago. I don't even care where Obama was born. If he were doing a good job as President, none of that would matter. He's not doing a good job and it still doesn't matter.

Don't forget he was shut down by the Republican Congress on about everything he tried.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

Don't forget he was shut down by the Republican Congress on about everything he tried.

you mean when the pubs were elected as majority of the house in 2010 after a full two years of the dems controlling all 3...

right?

Yella

Yella

PkrBum wrote:
Yella wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Yella wrote:

It seems to me the pubs have a general mind set to do absolutely nothing if something was originated by the dems.

you mean when the pubs were elected as majority of the house in 2010 after a full two years of the dems controlling all 3...

right?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum