Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless, Inept, Arrogant, Corrupt, Stupid - HRC

+7
Vikingwoman
Wordslinger
othershoe1030
KarlRove
gatorfan
knothead
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Yo, Repukes ...

... here's a real scandal, and you're letting it pass without comment.

This is simply inexcusable ...

Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state, State Department officials said, and may have violated federal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record.

Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.

It was only two months ago, in response to a new State Department effort to comply with federal record-keeping practices, that Mrs. Clinton’s advisers reviewed tens of thousands of pages of her personal emails and decided which ones to turn over to the State Department. All told, 55,000 pages of emails were given to the department. Mrs. Clinton stepped down from the secretary’s post in early 2013.

Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, Nick Merrill, defended her use of the personal email account and said she has been complying with the “letter and spirit of the rules.”

Under federal law, however, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. There are exceptions to the law for certain classified and sensitive materials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=2

We're gonna need a better candidate.

I'm starting to come around to the "draft Liz Warren" movement.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:Yo, Repukes ...

Hillary Rodham Clinton exclusively used a personal email account to conduct government business as secretary of state, State Department officials said, and may have violated federal requirements that officials’ correspondence be retained as part of the agency’s record.

Mrs. Clinton did not have a government email address during her four-year tenure at the State Department. Her aides took no actions to have her personal emails preserved on department servers at the time, as required by the Federal Records Act.

It was only two months ago, in response to a new State Department effort to comply with federal record-keeping practices, that Mrs. Clinton’s advisers reviewed tens of thousands of pages of her personal emails and decided which ones to turn over to the State Department. All told, 55,000 pages of emails were given to the department. Mrs. Clinton stepped down from the secretary’s post in early 2013.

Her expansive use of the private account was alarming to current and former National Archives and Records Administration officials and government watchdogs, who called it a serious breach.

“It is very difficult to conceive of a scenario — short of nuclear winter — where an agency would be justified in allowing its cabinet-level head officer to solely use a private email communications channel for the conduct of government business,” said Jason R. Baron, a lawyer at Drinker Biddle & Reath who is a former director of litigation at the National Archives and Records Administration.

A spokesman for Mrs. Clinton, Nick Merrill, defended her use of the personal email account and said she has been complying with the “letter and spirit of the rules.”

Under federal law, however, letters and emails written and received by federal officials, such as the secretary of state, are considered government records and are supposed to be retained so that congressional committees, historians and members of the news media can find them. There are exceptions to the law for certain classified and sensitive materials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/03/us/politics/hillary-clintons-use-of-private-email-at-state-department-raises-flags.html?_r=2

I cannot articulate it any better than what you have Sal . . . . it is disgraceful and based what we now know as facts essentially casts a long shadow on her viability to run for POTUS.

gatorfan

Not much to it, many SecStates used private email and it's doubtful HRC strayed very far away from the regs. With the Dem party slowly splitting into Warren and HRC camps I think HRC is going to have more trouble explaining her financial ties to foreign money with the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState and her "intimate" relationship with Wall Street.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Looks like Sal isn't fond of mrs cankles

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Unbelievably unacceptable, unnecessary, inexcusable. Stupid.

KarlRove

KarlRove

by gatorfan Today at 11:12 am
Not much to it, many SecStates used private email and it's doubtful HRC strayed very far away from the regs. With the Dem party slowly splitting into Warren and HRC camps I think HRC is going to have more trouble explaining her financial ties to foreign money with the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState and her "intimate" relationship with Wall Street.

-----
Agreed on all points

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gatorfan wrote:Not much to it, many SecStates used private email and it's doubtful HRC strayed very far away from the regs. With the Dem party slowly splitting into Warren and HRC camps I think HRC is going to have more trouble explaining her financial ties to foreign money with the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState and her "intimate" relationship with Wall Street.

I am hearing a slow drip, drip, drip of significant problems forming around her candidacy. Each one pulling in its own string of complaints/concerns reaching back into her husband's terms. I think there is a good chance that between the two of them there is just too much baggage to make her someone voters can get unabashedly excited about. It is hard to get behind a person with so many asterisks behind her name.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I agree with everyone's comments thus far on HRC. Watching all her flaws and creepy deals emerge slowly is like watching a death of a thousand cuts.

It's time for some fresh blood. Go Liz Go! Go Bernie Go!

Can you imagine the fireworks if the two presidential candidates were to end up being Elizabeth Warren (for the people) and Scott Walker (for corporatism)?

Crikey ... the very thought of that match-up sings!!

KarlRove

KarlRove

Walker is for corporatism kil

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:Yo, Repukes ...

Welcome aboard Sal!!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

KarlRove wrote:Walker is for corporatism kil

Not sure what you mean above. What is corporatism kil?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Wordslinger wrote:I agree with everyone's comments thus far on HRC.  Watching all her flaws and creepy deals emerge slowly is like watching a death of a thousand cuts.

It's time for some fresh blood.   Go Liz Go!  Go Bernie Go!

Can you imagine the fireworks if the two presidential candidates were to end up being Elizabeth Warren (for the people) and Scott Walker (for corporatism)?

Crikey ... the very thought of that match-up sings!!

That would be great! I wonder what the voter turn out would be? People would be dueling in the street, so much emotion on both sides.

Sal

Sal

gatorfan wrote:Not much to it, many SecStates used private email and it's doubtful HRC strayed very far away from the regs. With the Dem party slowly splitting into Warren and HRC camps I think HRC is going to have more trouble explaining her financial ties to foreign money with the Clinton Foundation while she was SecState and her "intimate" relationship with Wall Street.

It's an unforced error.

Anyone who doesn't realize that she's been the target of every half-baked conspiracy theory the wingnutz' fevered imaginations could conjure hasn't been paying attention for the past thirty years.

They'll be picking on this for years, if not decades.

Hillary should know the machinations of scandal better than anyone.

She better get her fucking act together.

Vikingwoman

I imagine there's a reason she used her private email. Hillary's not a stupid person.

gatorfan

An interesting look:

"Let's tackle -- point by point -- why this story is so bad for Clinton."

1. "They don't think the rules apply to them.": The idea that Clinton never had an official government e-mail address reeks of the idea that she believes that she is apart from (and above) the rules that govern those serving in government. No, Clinton isn't the first person in government to use a private e-mail but, as the Times piece suggests, she may be the first person to exclusively use one.

2. "They are surrounded by enablers.": Maybe the most amazing part of this story -- at least to me -- is that NO ONE ever took Clinton aside during her four years at State and said something like "Look, I know you mostly use your private e-mail address. But why don't we just set up an official government one, too." It's impossible to believe that everyone on the State staff thought that only using a private e-mail address was the right course of action for Clinton and that it had no possibility of backfiring on her.

3.  "They're always hiding something.": It's, of course, possible that Clinton used a private e-mail account because she liked the user interface on it better than a clunkier government version or some other banal reason like that. But using an e-mail domain that is not subject to the same federal archiving rules -- yes, Clinton turned over 55,000 pages of e-mails, but who decided what e-mails to turn over and which not to? -- looks suspicious even to people who are not disinclined to take Clinton at her word. (And there are LOTS of  people who are disinclined to do so.)

4. "They only think about politics.": The timing of the setup of Clinton's private e-mail account, first reported by Philip Bump in this space Monday night, is very problematic for the "nothing to see here" argument being put forward by the Clinton types. It was established on the same day that Clinton began her confirmation hearings to be secretary of state. The expiration on the domain is shortly after the 2016 election.

Reckless, Inept, Arrogant, Corrupt, Stupid - HRC Screen-Shot-2015-03-03-at-9.45.57-AM

Could the timing be coincidental? I mean, I guess. But it's hard to see how.

5. "They never own up to anything.": The Clinton camp response has been predictable -- and not so good. (In their defense, I'm not sure there exists a good way to respond to a story like this one.)  “Both the letter and spirit of the rules permitted State Department officials to use non-government email, as long as appropriate records were preserved,” Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill told The Post. Of course, that depends on what the meaning of "appropriate" is -- and is just the sort of statement that makes people think that these people really don't get it.

In edit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/03/hillary-clintons-private-email-address-at-state-reinforces-everything-people-dont-like-about-her/?hpid=z4

2seaoat

This is a big deal and not so big deal. First, emails are entirely hackable if not contained in VPNs and incredible encryption levels. It is a huge deal for the Secretary of State to allow her communications to be wide open for hacking by every ninth grader in Korea, Russia, and Iran. The political flack as to Hillary being Hillary is not so big a deal. The talk about other candidates who are going to get Hillary are laughable. She will be the Democratic nominee, and she will win. However, as I have explained on a very personal level, she has ALWAYS being taking the path which was best for Hillary and not always the truthful path(class president my asz), but as to who is best to lead this nation......there is nobody in the same zip code as her at this time, so the not so big deal will survive, while the big deal goes ignored. Hillary Clinton could be giving BJs at the Greyhound bus station in Downtown St. Louis, and the Clinton campaign machine will prevail. When a leader as strikingly talented as President Obama can be so attacked and belittled 23/7/365, and win twice.....Hillary in a landslide, unless the Republicans can muster a talented candidate, and if the Iowa straw poll means anything.......emails shemails......Hillary in a landslide.

Sal

Sal

It's amazing to me that some can still deny the power of the rightwing scandal machine and fail to acknowledge how it succeeds.

The oxygen deprived howler monkeys of the echo chamber will be hysterically lighting their hair on fire about this for months.

Eventually, the main stream media will notice all the clamor and decide there must something there, so they'll begin peppering Hillary with questions.

That's when all hell will break loose, because no answer will be deemed adequate and will, to the contrary, trigger a new round of demands and investigations.

This happens even when there is no there, there - see Benghazi, IRS, etc.

Unfortunately for Hillary, there is some meat on this bone.

She'll be lucky if she isn't devoured.

2seaoat

The carefully cleaned emails will be released, and the howls will continue......just like all of Bill's little Bill problems in the Iowa primary only to be redeemed later in the primary cycle......nobody is going to beat a Clinton this time......There is no talented President Obama in either party. I love Bernie Sanders as an honest good man, but when you have listened to extensive interviews with him he is a sheep being led to slaughter. He serves a VERY important role in America. His value is not being butchered. Warren's ego is as large as Clinton's, but she definitely would be a sheep to the slaughter in a national campaign. Hillary is telling her Republican crazies......come get me boyz........you will not win, and that collective whine of all the butchmeups in the Republican Party....music to her ears........Old Gomer boy.....I am a lawyer.....I am a prosecutor.....I am going to tear you a new one.......squashed in real time by Hillaryzilla.

Sal

Sal

Just as in 2008, Hillary is not as inevitable as she thinks she is.

Her support is a mile wide and an inch deep and people will abandon her in droves if presented with an attractive alternative.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:...Hillaryzilla...

I think you just gave the wingnuts a new nickname for Mrs. Clinton....

Reckless, Inept, Arrogant, Corrupt, Stupid - HRC Untitl17

...(I cut off the bottom of this meme, which called her "GodHilla").....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Hillary will have no easy walk. Dems will be watching closely with skepticism. All she can promise, as does Jeb Bush, is more of the same.

I'm not sure that will fly.

Markle

Markle

Hillary Clinton using only her private email accounts is a flagrant violation of the law. Not a gray area, flat out illegal. She even created email accounts with fake names.

She knew she was going to run for president and all her official, government emails would become public. She couldn't allow that, especially with her greenie friends and other far left groups.

The Clinton's are easily the most corrupt political family in history.

Sal

Sal

This isn't going away ....

In 2012, congressional investigators asked the State Department for a wide range of documents related to the attack on the United States diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya. The department eventually responded, furnishing House committees with thousands of documents.

But it turns out that that was not everything.

The State Department had not searched the email account of former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton because she had maintained a private account, which shielded it from such searches, department officials acknowledged on Tuesday.

It was only last month that the House committee appointed to investigate Benghazi was provided with about 300 of Mrs. Clinton’s emails related to the attacks. That was shortly after Mrs. Clinton turned over, at the State Department’s request, some 50,000 pages of government-related emails that she had kept on her private account.

It was one of several instances in which records requests sent to the State Department, which had no access to Mrs. Clinton’s emails, came up empty.

In 2013, Nitasha Tiku, then a reporter for Gawker, filed a Freedom of Information Act request, seeking all correspondence on Mrs. Clinton’s private email account between her and Sidney Blumenthal, a close adviser and onetime staff member in the Clinton White House. Some of those emails had already spilled into public view and been reported in the news media. But the State Department told Gawker that it could find no records responsive to the request, Gawker reported.

Mrs. Clinton’s aides on Tuesday sought to play down the significance of her exclusive use of a personal email account for State Department business. But an examination of records requests sent to the department reveals how the practice protected a significant amount of her correspondence from the eyes of investigators and the public.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/politics/using-private-email-hillary-clinton-thwarted-record-requests.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

Sal

Sal

Drip, drip, drip ....

WASHINGTON –  The computer server that transmitted and received Hillary Clinton's emails -- on a private account she used exclusively for official business when she was secretary of state -- traced back to an Internet service registered to her family's home in Chappaqua, New York, according to Internet records reviewed by The Associated Press.

The highly unusual practice of a Cabinet-level official physically running her own email would have given Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate, impressive control over limiting access to her message archives. It also would distinguish Clinton's secretive email practices as far more sophisticated than some politicians, including Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, who were caught conducting official business using free email services operated by Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc.

Most Internet users rely on professional outside companies, such as Google Inc. or their own employers, for the behind-the-scenes complexities of managing their email communications. Government employees generally use servers run by federal agencies where they work.

In most cases, individuals who operate their own email servers are technical experts or users so concerned about issues of privacy and surveillance they take matters into their own hands.

But homebrew email servers are generally not as reliable, secure from hackers or protected from fires or floods as those in commercial data centers. Those professional facilities provide monitoring for viruses or hacking attempts, regulated temperatures, off-site backups, generators in case of power outages, fire-suppression systems and redundant communications lines.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/04/hillary-clinton-email-server-traced-to-internet-service-registered-to-ny-home/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This has also put her back on Trey Gowdy's radar:

Benghazi committee going after Clinton emails
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/03/politics/hillary-clinton-email-benghazi-trey-gowdy/index.html

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum