Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ONLY 21% of AMERICANS APPROVE of IRAN NUCLEAR "DEAL"

+8
Floridatexan
polecat
Wordslinger
Markle
boards of FL
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Obama is Anti-American, Pro-Islamic, Pro-Iranian and Pro-Muslim Brotherhood.

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Or this: http://www.history.com/news/35-years-later-looking-back-at-the-iran-hostage-crisis

I appreciated reading a refresher on those events of so many years ago, what was most sad to me was the election outcome from which we still suffer from his tax cuts and the ensuing federal deficits yet he is still revered among his flock.  I saw an interview recently with President Carter and when asked if he could go back to that time what if anything would he do differently . . .  he simply replied "I would have sent one more helicopter".  Shit happens . . . .  

He should not have sent any choppers. He was warned the rescue would fail. Defensive warfare strategists were working a better plan.

How else were they going to get the people out of Tehran? No, the helos were fine, but in hindsight, double the number should have been available because at Desert One they came in with just enough to do the mission and then one broke down at that location before the accident.

Operation Eagle Claw took place long before USSOCOM was even thought of and led to wholesale changes like the Cohen-Nunn Amendment which was an add on the Goldwater Nichols Act in 1986. Cohen-Nunn addressed the lack of SOF being anymore than an afterthought, created an assistant Sec of Defense for SOF, and was the medicine needed to right the ship of the Vietnam Era and the Carter malaise that negatively affected the military as well. The biggest thing that GN addressed was making it law that joint special operations would be the norm and not the exception. All of that led to the SOF we have today which is pretty much second to none, but Obama has been using them for first line defenders and wearing them out while not using general ground forces appropriately in the place of SOF.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Or this: http://www.history.com/news/35-years-later-looking-back-at-the-iran-hostage-crisis

I appreciated reading a refresher on those events of so many years ago, what was most sad to me was the election outcome from which we still suffer from his tax cuts and the ensuing federal deficits yet he is still revered among his flock.  I saw an interview recently with President Carter and when asked if he could go back to that time what if anything would he do differently . . .  he simply replied "I would have sent one more helicopter".  Shit happens . . . .  

Which perfectly describes the administration of Jimmy Carter!  Thank you!
ONLY 21% of AMERICANS APPROVE of IRAN NUCLEAR "DEAL" - Page 3 1979GasLinestoo

othershoe1030 wrote:

So according to your article we see that Western powers have been messing about in the area because of their oil. (too bad our oil is under their sand etc.) and under a Republican administration in 1953 the CIA, well, here...

Worried that Mossadegh was moving Iran closer to the Soviet Union, the Cold War-era Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and British intelligence conspired to overthrow Mossadegh and consolidate power under a leader who was more receptive to Western interests.

That leader, a member of Iran’s royal family named Mohammed Reza Shah Pahlavi, was installed in power in 1953. Under the Shah’s pro-Western, secular anti-communist government, some 80 percent of the nation’s oil reserves returned to U.S. and British control.

President Obama didn't start this but now he and five other countries, Russia, France, Germany, China and Great Britain are in agreement that this deal significantly reduces the threat of Iran becoming a member of the nuclear club.

The deal was not meant to solve all the problems we see in the country. It won't insure equal rights for women or pave the roads or send all the girls to school, nor was it ever meant to. It is silly and ingenious to see commentators on TV or radio criticizing the deal on these grounds. According to the six most powerful nations on the planet it is a step forward.

Iran will cheat... and the un will cave. See history.

This is simply a path for the theocracy of iran to become a sanctioned nuclear power... to be followed by all.

Obama has nuked nonproliferation.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

Which perfectly describes the administration of Jimmy Carter!  Thank you!
ONLY 21% of AMERICANS APPROVE of IRAN NUCLEAR "DEAL" - Page 3 1979GasLinestoo

Yes I did omit the portion regarding the Arab embargo . . . . Carter's fault? Really . . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:He should not have sent any choppers. He was warned the rescue would fail. Defensive warfare strategists were working a better plan.

The pilots were all Marine CH-53 pilots. I knew several of them, as well as some of the enlisted crew. The leader of the raid happens to live in Gulf Breeze. Retired LtGen Charles Pittman was in charge. He was a colonel then. In 1981, he came back to Pensacola and was the CO of MATSG. He gave a bunch of us a first-hand account briefing on the mission that year. He was on the helicopter that turned back and barely made it back to the Nimitz (engines flamed out from fuel starvation on landing).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:He should not have sent any choppers. He was warned the rescue would fail. Defensive warfare strategists were working a better plan.

The pilots were all Marine CH-53 pilots. I knew several of them, as well as some of the enlisted crew. The leader of the raid happens to live in Gulf Breeze. Retired LtGen Charles Pittman was in charge. He was a colonel then. In 1981, he came back to Pensacola and was the CO of MATSG. He gave a bunch of us a first-hand account briefing on the mission that year. He was on the helicopter that turned back and barely made it back to the Nimitz (engines flamed out from fuel starvation on landing).

I think a very good friend of mine was the commander of the nimitz then... he lives in pcola. Very good tennis player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum