Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote. Makes 2016 impossible for them!

+3
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Thanks very much for kissing 2016 goodbye.  It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of white racists!

But maybe all 12,000,000 Latino illegals can be sent back by then ...

How does that saying go, "you cut off your nose to spite your face?"

Or, in verse, "You surely can't win with only your base!"

But by all means stick to your values.  You can win without the far right either.

What a dilemma!

LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fernando-espuelas/republicans-say-goodbye-t_b_6494496.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzrFg0lAIcuRdPO8pAMqBvCzUQ3RKIa167kBB6aun7Fh-LOd97Ag

And of course allowing 12 million or more of a select minority group to push to the head of the line is fair to the people from around the world who have waited for the same opportunity for years if not decades to come here legally.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35lUpIc5Lfk

Smile

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Good article, Wordslinger. I fixed the link for you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fernando-espuelas/republicans-say-goodbye-t_b_6494496.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzrFg0lAIcuRdPO8pAMqBvCzUQ3RKIa167kBB6aun7Fh-LOd97Ag

And of course allowing 12 million or more of a select minority group to push to the head of the line is fair to the people from around the world who have waited for the same opportunity for years if not decades to come here legally.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Obama's proposal doesn't hand citizenship over but presents a number of requirements the illegals must meet over a long period of time, before they could apply for citizenship.

You're right. It's not fair to immigrants who have waited in line and come here legally. But it's not fair either to think up voting ID requirements that are aimed at limiting the vote of minorities the republicans don't like.

But, I for one hope your point of view prevails. I'd hate for you bastards to own congress and the white house. Keep attacking Obama's proposal, PLEASE!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Good article, Wordslinger. I fixed the link for you.

Thanks!

In addition to telling Latinos to go to hell, it would appear the republicans are also hell bent on going to war with Iran and Russia.

And contraception.

And all abortions.

And on the poor and homeless.

And people who work two jobs and still can't get by.

And on the elderly and people with mental illnesses.

And on sick veterans.

And on students who can't afford the insane costs of college.

And anyone who is concerned about global warming or environmental degradation.

It would appear, however, that there is very little they are for. . .

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3z7gBQtH28kaZalEfBzpsmqpMBTQ_oE9KWOoWryNcPvvrNe8HNg

It takes some form of ID to do anything in today's society... Unless someone chooses to live off the grid. So you argument about ID's for voting is simply smoke and mirrors so you can conceal your own bigotry in awarding special privileges to a specific minority group. Otherwise open the flood gates and bring 10 in from other countries from places other than Central and South America, and 50% of the new legal immigrants will be from SE Asia.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAP92bDNywbK97rCZ6H75h2z0-DIalAkdxogMUC8WYLxPE-64n

For someone who hates Christians, and most especially Catholics, it's amazing that Wordslinger is in such support of allowing his special Hispanic minority group of illegals to stay..... Perhaps I'll just start supporting allowing them to stay instead of attempting to be fair and balanced in my views of immigration. After all if they keep coming here that'll definitely make this a more Christian nation and give him years, if not decades, of things to bitch about as a rising Catholic community demands changes in how our government runs.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MH6efoYzJE

Smile

2seaoat

Unless someone chooses to live off the grid. So you argument about ID's for voting is simply smoke and mirrors

Nope. There is a specific criteria in each state which deals with collecting sufficient information for voter REGISTRATION. The registration process is where identification is established. However, it is another animal all together on the day of an election to restrict access to polls where properly registered voters come to vote. There is not time for confirmation, rather only nullification of that vote. If I am handed a voter registration card after registering, it should suffice for my vote. If not, put my picture on the voter ID when I am registering. The intent is clear. Disenfranchise voters on election day. Nobody debates the intent. There is no voter ID fraud issue, and never has been. When politicians admit they can win elections by taking voter rights away, the Oligarchy wins and democracy loses.

2seaoat wrote:Unless someone chooses to live off the grid. So you argument about ID's for voting is simply smoke and mirrors

Nope.  There is a specific criteria in each state which deals with collecting sufficient information for voter REGISTRATION.  The registration process is where identification is established.  However, it is another animal all together on the day of an election to restrict access to polls where properly registered voters come to vote.   There is not time for confirmation, rather only nullification of that vote.  If I am handed a voter registration card after registering, it should suffice for my vote.  If not, put my picture on the voter ID when I am registering.  The intent is clear.   Disenfranchise voters on election day.  Nobody debates the intent.  There is no voter ID fraud issue, and never has been.  When politicians admit they can win elections by taking voter rights away, the Oligarchy wins and democracy loses.

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3z7gBQtH28kaZalEfBzpsmqpMBTQ_oE9KWOoWryNcPvvrNe8HNg

Then have the Feds create your photo voter ID's that you want when registering. And make it a federal offense if someone abuses the system. Like voting more than once, not being a citizen, etc...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 1/18/2015, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Unless someone chooses to live off the grid. So you argument about ID's for voting is simply smoke and mirrors

Nope.  There is a specific criteria in each state which deals with collecting sufficient information for voter REGISTRATION.  The registration process is where identification is established.  However, it is another animal all together on the day of an election to restrict access to polls where properly registered voters come to vote.   There is not time for confirmation, rather only nullification of that vote.  If I am handed a voter registration card after registering, it should suffice for my vote.  If not, put my picture on the voter ID when I am registering.  The intent is clear.   Disenfranchise voters on election day.  Nobody debates the intent.  There is no voter ID fraud issue, and never has been.  When politicians admit they can win elections by taking voter rights away, the Oligarchy wins and democracy loses.

There's a really easy fix available for the Repuke's faux concerns.

And, of course, they want no part of it.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Damaged Eagle wrote:Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAP92bDNywbK97rCZ6H75h2z0-DIalAkdxogMUC8WYLxPE-64n

For someone who hates Christians, and most especially Catholics, it's amazing that Wordslinger is in such support of allowing his special Hispanic minority group of illegals to stay..... Perhaps I'll just start supporting allowing them to stay instead of attempting to be fair and balanced in my views of immigration. After all if they keep coming here that'll definitely make this a more Christian nation and give him years, if not decades, of things to bitch about as a rising Catholic community demands changes in how our government runs.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Where did you get the idea I hate Christians? It's religion I hate, not people who are addicted.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:It takes some form of ID to do anything in today's society...

The majority of states do not require an ID in order to purchase a gun.

And just imagine the shit storm that would emerge if anyone suggested an ID need be required moving forward in those states!

Voting, on the other hand....

Wordslinger wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Where did you get the idea I hate Christians?  It's religion I hate, not people who are addicted.

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd0HNmccmP2nUzptbaQ9ihltc5tfSp322jmY-6FE4H7vw2bV-1

I see... So you enjoy fighting an abstract concept that's deeply embedded into the human psyche. That should keep you busy until the end of time...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11MzbEcHlw

Very Happy

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:I see... So you enjoy fighting an abstract concept that deeply embedded into the human psyche. That should keep you busy until the end of time...

Religion isn't "deeply embedded into the human psyche".  More correctly stated, religion is "aggressively indoctrinated into children".

We could isolate children and have them grow up learning about the world around them through the process of science, and never at any time will any of them arrive at "Jesus" as a solution to anything.  "Jesus" only enters their psyche upon years of brainwashing.

Religion would be gone in one generation if not for the indoctrination of children who don't know any better.

Last edited by boards of FL on 1/19/2015, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

KarlRove

KarlRove

Wordslinger wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzrFg0lAIcuRdPO8pAMqBvCzUQ3RKIa167kBB6aun7Fh-LOd97Ag

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

Obama's proposal doesn't hand citizenship over but presents a number of requirements the illegals must meet over a long period of time, before they could apply for citizenship.

You're right.  It's not fair to immigrants who have waited in line and come here legally.  But it's not fair either to think up voting ID requirements that are aimed at limiting the vote of minorities the republicans don't like.

But, I for one hope your point of view prevails.  I'd hate for you bastards to own congress and the white house.  Keep attacking Obama's proposal, PLEASE!

The Voting Rights Act of 1964 prohibited discrimination in voting. Get over it.

KarlRove

KarlRove

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:I see... So you enjoy fighting an abstract concept that deeply embedded into the human psyche. That should keep you busy until the end of time...

Religion isn't "deeply embedded into the human psyche".  More correctly stated, religion is "aggressively indoctrinated into children".

We could isolate children and have them grow up learning about the world around them through the process of science, and never at any time will any of them arrive at "Jesus" as a solution to anything.  "Jesus" only enters their psyche upon years of brainwashing.

Religion would be gone in one generation if not for the indoctrination of children who don't know any better.

Why should science trump religion? How about the global warming now climate change thing? You can't even back up your lies long enough to not have to change the name of it. LOL

boards of FL wrote:

We could isolate children and have them grow up learning about the world around them through the process of science, and never at any time will any of them arrive at "Jesus" as a solution to anything.  "Jesus" only enters their psyche upon years of immoral brainwashing.

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrZ1TBJb4oI_BwWLQtnOTWM4cop02-F7Lhciom-GlzOnXDL7JE

So what would you do?

Take all the children away from their parents so they can be indoctrinated by the state?

Isn't that sort of like embedding your own abstract concepts into the human psyche?

Is there a difference between the two if they both accomplish the same thing?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1C6kqXT9XU

Smile

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Why should science trump religion?

You're asking me to explain to you why honest attempts at explaining the world around us should be taken more seriously than ancient mythology?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

We could isolate children and have them grow up learning about the world around them through the process of science, and never at any time will any of them arrive at "Jesus" as a solution to anything.  "Jesus" only enters their psyche upon years of immoral brainwashing.

Republicans say goodbye to Latino vote.  Makes 2016 impossible for them! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrZ1TBJb4oI_BwWLQtnOTWM4cop02-F7Lhciom-GlzOnXDL7JE

So what would you do?

Take all the children away from their parents so they can be indoctrinated by the state?

Isn't that sort of like embedding your own abstract concepts into the human psyche?

Is there a difference between the two if they both accomplish the same thing?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1C6kqXT9XU

Smile

The process of science is universal.  Someone scientifically studying an aspect of the universe in the US will arrive at the same results - completely independently - as someone who is studying the same aspect of the universe in Australia, or Japan, or China, or etc., or etc.  Science doesn't require indoctrination.  We could obliterate all of our scientific knowledge and technology today and - assuming humanity could survive - we would eventually regain our technology and scientific understand of the world.  Why?  Because that's real.  We learn through a process of verifying or falsifying things through scientific experimentation.  Again, no indoctrination is needed there.

Religion, on the other hand, isn't real.  If we were to burn every bible, destroy every holy place of worship and basically strike every instance of religion having ever existed...it would never re-emerge.  Why?  Because it isn't real.  No one is ever going to look through a microscope, telescope, or laboratory test and discover Jesus (or Zeus, or Thor, or etc.).  The only reason these ideas continue on is through the indoctrination of children.  Science, however, can be independently discovered or verified without any need for indoctrination.   Disclaimer:  When I say "religion will never emerge", I'm not referring to the broad belief that their may be some higher intelligent power in the universe that could have created all that we see; rather, I'm referring to specific religions that exist today.  Christianity would not re-emerge.  Islam would not re-emerge.  Etc..

There is no rational argument to be made in the area of honest, rational exploration of the universe versus ancient mythology.  None.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Not everything is science has been proven. There are plenty of theories that are still just that. Jesus came and lived as a man.
There is proof of that.

KarlRove

KarlRove

KarlRove wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

Damaged Eagle wrote:

I see... So you enjoy fighting an abstract concept that deeply embedded into the human psyche. That should keep you busy until the end of time...

Religion isn't "deeply embedded into the human psyche". More correctly stated, religion is "aggressively indoctrinated into children".

We could isolate children and have them grow up learning about the world around them through the process of science, and never at any time will any of them arrive at "Jesus" as a solution to anything. "Jesus" only enters their psyche upon years of brainwashing.

You're asking me to explain to you why honest attempts at explaining the world around us should be taken more seriously than ancient mythology?
-----
Answer the question. Or can you not do so?

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:KarlRove wrote:

boards of FL wrote:

Damaged Eagle wrote:

I see... So you enjoy fighting an abstract concept that deeply embedded into the human psyche. That should keep you busy until the end of time...

-----
Answer the question. Or can you not do so?

Read my other response to Damaged. It answers your question.

Go attend any scientific conference on anything from cosmology, neuroscience, climate science, or mathematics, and you will get a chance to hear about all sorts of theories and models that attempt to explain the reality that we observe. What you will not hear are explanations of how god influences any of that. The reasoning there is because god is not an idea that is taken seriously in the grown-up world. It doesn't answer anything for us or help us in any way. In fact, history (and, current events) shows us that it has been a cancer. Mythology acts as a barrier to true understanding. Mythology gives us an excuse to stop trying to learn or actually answer any questions that we may have.

KarlRove

KarlRove

So, you are going to dodge the question and that's fine. You are a funny little man. You demand answers to questions,
But refuse to answer said questions put to you.

KarlRove

KarlRove

BOF said-

Religion, on the other hand, isn't real. If we were to burn every bible, destroy every holy place of worship and basically strike every instance of religion having ever existed...it would never re-emerge. Why?
------
Stalin tried that and failed. Religion got stronger and Stalin died. Religion is still here. Stalin is not and is even despised by fellow Russians. Nuf said.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:So, you are going to dodge the question and that's fine. You are a funny little man. You demand answers to questions,
But refuse to answer said questions put to you.

I directly answered your questions. Read my response to Damaged. That answers your question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum