Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for you government debt lovers

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Tell me something. Why in hell is the country which is already in debt to the tune of $17 trillion, the country which is on the opposite side of the world from where rhinoceroses live, why is that country spending even more millions to fight rhinocerus poaching?
I like a rhinocerus as much as anybody, but what is wrong with those miserable africans that we have to pay for their miserable mistakes.
That whole continent is so lame.

But go ahead you "progressive" debt lovers, tell me what a moron I am again for not being able to see the wisdom in all this ridiculous debt piling up.
"Progressive" my ass. I don't know what possible "progress" you mensas think comes from your ideology. You need a different label. The word "Progressive" today has been prostituted just like the word "gay". The way both words are applied today has no relationship to the original word definitions.
There is nothing "gay" about being queer. And all this fucking debt is definitely not "progress".

http://www.goodporkbadpork.com/2014/12/omnibus-bill-spends-over-19-million-protecting-rhinoceroses/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"There's Nothing Gay About Being Queer"

That should be a book title. Too bad I don't know how to write a book. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Tell me something.  Why in hell is the country which is already in debt to the tune of $17 trillion,  the country which is on the opposite side of the world from where rhinoceroses live,  why is that country spending even more millions to fight rhinocerus poaching?
I like a rhinocerus as much as anybody,  but what is wrong with those miserable africans that we have to pay for their miserable mistakes.

But go ahead you "progressive" debt lovers,  tell me what a moron I am again for not being able to see the wisdom in all this ridiculous debt piling up.
"Progressive" my ass.  I don't know what possible "progress" you mensas think comes from your ideology.  You need a different label.  The word "Progressive" today has been prostituted just like the word "gay".  The way both words are applied today has no relationship to the original word definitions.
There is nothing "gay" about being queer.  And all this fucking debt is definitely not "progress".

http://www.goodporkbadpork.com/2014/12/omnibus-bill-spends-over-19-million-protecting-rhinoceroses/
cheers cheers cheers best post of the year...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You know how it goes. Some special interest group lobbied some Congressman to insert this into some bill so the money could be appropriated.

President Clinton briefly had line-item veto capability in the late 1990s, but the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional, so it was taken away.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

why is that country spending even more millions to fight rhinocerus poaching?

Because the voters who elect representatives believe the same is a good policy for expenditure of taxpayer money.   Some voters think giving banks to big to fail 85 billion of subsidy in the form of government loan guarantees each year as a good policy for expenditure of taxpayer money.   In a democracy the voters elect their representatives who make fiscal decisions in compliance with the will of the people or risk their elected office.   However, when 70% do not vote, or sit on fences.....they have nothing to say about anything.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Should be interesting to see what the "debt lovers" have to say, whoever they are.

Bob wrote:Tell me something.  Why in hell is the country which is already in debt to the tune of $17 trillion,  the country which is on the opposite side of the world from where rhinoceroses live,  why is that country spending even more millions to fight rhinocerus poaching?
I like a rhinocerus as much as anybody,  but what is wrong with those miserable africans that we have to pay for their miserable mistakes.

But go ahead you "progressive" debt lovers,  tell me what a moron I am again for not being able to see the wisdom in all this ridiculous debt piling up.
"Progressive" my ass.  I don't know what possible "progress" you mensas think comes from your ideology.  You need a different label.  The word "Progressive" today has been prostituted just like the word "gay".  The way both words are applied today has no relationship to the original word definitions.
There is nothing "gay" about being queer.  And all this fucking debt is definitely not "progress".

Actually, the Debt has surpassed $18T.

2seaoat wrote:why is that country spending even more millions to fight rhinocerus poaching?

Because the voters who elect representatives believe the same is a good policy for expenditure of taxpayer money.   Some voters think giving banks to big to fail 85 billion of subsidy in the form of government loan guarantees each year as a good policy for expenditure of taxpayer money.   In a democracy the voters elect their representatives who make fiscal decisions in compliance with the will of the people or risk their elected office.   However, when 70% do not vote, or sit on fences.....they have nothing to say about anything.

I disagree.  It's the elected representatives who make these kinds of decisions.  It's oh-so-easy to spend other people's money "frivolously".

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spending-binge-never-happened-2012-05-22?page=1

A question for you government debt lovers MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME

Floridatexan wrote:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spending-binge-never-happened-2012-05-22?page=1

A question for you government debt lovers MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME

This has little to do with the OP's comment on the National Debt.  It's fine that government spending has decreased, but when that spending is done by using the National credit card it still adds to the Debt, which is currently at $18Trillion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum