Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt

+5
boards of FL
Sal
knothead
2seaoat
Markle
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Sometimes President Barack Hussein Obama makes statements that just leave a person shaking their head. Does HE REALLY think all voters are this ignorant or just the ones he's concerned about, his voter base?

From CNS News

Obama: 'Raising the Debt Ceiling...Does Not Increase Our Debt,' Though It Has 'Over 100 Times'

September 18, 2013 - 3:54 PM -

Raising the debt ceiling doesn't increase the nation's debt, Pres. Obama declared in a speech today.

In a speech at the Business Roundtable headquarters in Washington, D.C., Obama dismissed concerns about raising the debt ceiling by noting that it'd been done so many times in the past:

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- raising the debt ceiling, which has been done over a hundred times, does not increase our debt; it does not somehow promote profligacy. All it does is it says you got to pay the bills that you've already racked up, Congress. It's a basic function of making sure that the full faith and credit of the United States is preserved."

Obama went on to suggest that "the average person" mistakenly thinks that raising the debt ceiling means the U.S. is racking up more debt:

"It's always a tough vote because the average person thinks raising the debt ceiling must mean that we're running up our debt, so people don't like to vote on it, and, typically, there's some gamesmanship in terms of making the President's party shoulder the burden of raising the -- taking the vote."

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/obama-raising-debt-ceilingdoes-not-increase-our-debt-though-it-has-over#sthash.PTyjYrAm.dpuf

2seaoat

More simple propaganda techniques. You provide a false analogy and expect the President to look foolish. Again, tell your handlers that you are not getting traction in Pensacola. The debt ceiling and the budget process are two distinct concepts and the President is most certainly correct. You go run your credit card up purchasing things, and the bill comes in the mail and it is time to pay and you suggest the solution is not to pay, rather than stop spending........why don't you follow this splendid logic in your own finances?

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:More simple propaganda techniques.  You provide a false analogy and expect the President to look foolish.   Again, tell your handlers that you are not getting traction in Pensacola.  The debt ceiling and the budget process are two distinct concepts and the President is most certainly correct.  You go run your credit card up purchasing things, and the bill comes in the mail and it is time to pay and you suggest the solution is not to pay, rather than stop spending........why don't you follow this splendid logic in your own finances?

Well said SO . . . . . this is not rocket science it is, however, pure politics!

knothead wrote:
2seaoat wrote:More simple propaganda techniques.  You provide a false analogy and expect the President to look foolish.   Again, tell your handlers that you are not getting traction in Pensacola.  The debt ceiling and the budget process are two distinct concepts and the President is most certainly correct.  You go run your credit card up purchasing things, and the bill comes in the mail and it is time to pay and you suggest the solution is not to pay, rather than stop spending........why don't you follow this splendid logic in your own finances?

Well said SO . . . . . this is not rocket science it is, however, pure politics!
problem is knot. odumber really said it.

if the intention was not to increase debt, then why raise the debt ceiling Again?

you people can not be that stupid after seeing the actions regarding the debt ceiling. you would have to be a bold faced liar to deny that raising the debt ceiling does not raise the debt in regards to this admin lol....

The Dumbocrats believe printing more money is the answer. It does raise the debt and yes Seaoat, when I reach my credit limit on accredit card, guess what? I can't charge anymore on it.

The POTUS is that stupid to answer your question and yes his voters are that ignorant.

Sal

Sal

Anything more complicated than the operating principle behind the ordinary door knob leaves wingnutz more befuddled than Lindsey Graham in a West Hollywood bath house.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sometimes I think there is no hope.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He was against it before he was for it. 

http://www.alanjoelny.com/full-text-of-obamas-statement-against-the-debt-ceiling-in-2006/

Full Text of Obama’s Statement Against the Debt Ceiling in 2006
january 15, 2013 by admin 4 comments
From the Government Printing Office *and* the Heritage Foundation, here is the full text of Obama’s 2006 speech arguing vehemently against raising the debt ceiling (when Bush was President).
March 16, 2006 CONGRESSIONAL RECORD—SENATE S2237-2238:
Mr. OBAMA. Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America’s debt problem.
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is ‘‘trillion’’ with a ‘‘T.’’ That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.
Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.
And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and health security they have counted on.
Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities. Instead, interest payments are a significant tax on all Americans—a debt tax that Washington doesn’t want to talk about. If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we would see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies.
But we are not doing that. Despite repeated efforts by Senators CONRAD and FEINGOLD, the Senate continues to reject a return to the commonsense Pay-go rules that used to apply. Previously, Pay-go rules applied both to increases in mandatory spending and to tax cuts. The Senate had to abide by the commonsense budgeting principle of balancing expenses and revenues. Unfortunately, the principle was abandoned, and now the demands of budget discipline apply only to spending.
As a result, tax breaks have not been paid for by reductions in Federal spending, and thus the only way to pay for them has been to increase our deficit to historically high levels and borrow more and more money. Now we have to pay for those tax breaks plus the cost of borrowing for them. Instead of reducing the deficit, as some people claimed, the fiscal policies of this administration and its allies in Congress will add more than $600 million in debt for each of the next 5 years.
That is why I will once again cosponsor the Pay-go amendment and continue to hope that my colleagues will return to a smart rule that has worked in the past and can work again.
Our debt also matters internationally. My friend, the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, likes to remind us that it took 42 Presidents 224 years to run up only $1 trillion of foreign-held debt. This administration did more than that in just 5 years. Now, there is nothing wrong with borrowing from foreign countries. But we must remember that the more we depend on foreign nations to lend us money, the more our economic security is tied to the whims of foreign leaders whose interests might not be aligned with ours.
Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘‘the buck stops here.’’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.

I heard that Obama had voted against raising the debt ceiling when he was a Senator voting present in most everything

I heard that Obama had voted against raising the debt ceiling when he was a Senator voting present in most everything

PkrBum wrote:Where did that guy go?
"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt Th?id=H.4689169130850655&w=204&h=170&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

He attended a advanced progressive liberal math course.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vetg7vWitTU

Very Happy

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:

if the intention was not to increase debt, then why raise the debt ceiling Again?

you people can not be that stupid after seeing the actions regarding the debt ceiling. you would have to be a bold faced liar to deny that raising the debt ceiling does not raise the debt in regards to this admin lol....
Can you please refer to him by his name or "the President".  I'm so sick of people taking cheap shots here.  None of this would be happening if it weren't for Bush.  And I don't care to hear again how Bush is no longer in office, as if there were no repercussions from the Bush years after January 2009.  

In fact, here's a graph of the National Debt by President.  Please note that the worst increases were under Reagan, George 1 and George 2:

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt US-national-debt-GDP

So much for Republican "conservatism"...the opposite is the case. And don't kid yourself...a Romney or a McCain in the White House would have made the situation substantially worse.

And every time Republicans balk at paying the bills, that only delays the payment of interest due and exacerbates the debt. The only thing that will pull our economy out of the doldrums is jobs, which puts money in people's pockets, which they either save or spend. Either way, turning the debt ceiling into a political struggle hurts only the citizens.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:The POTUS is that stupid to answer your question and yes his voters are that ignorant.
And you're such a paragon of intelligence. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt Th?id=H.4689169130850655&w=204&h=170&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy
Mathematics is an exact science (unless you're off in conceptual space); therefore, hayseed, there is no such thing as "liberal math".

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:The POTUS is that stupid to answer your question and yes his voters are that ignorant.
And you're such a paragon of intelligence.  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
The fact is, had Mitt Romney been elected president last November, PaceDog would be two thumbs-up for raising the debt ceiling and would be vigorously defending the president's justification for it. Oh, and don't think for a second that Romney wouldn't want it raised--he was no small-government practitioner.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy
Mathematics is an exact science (unless you're off in conceptual space); therefore, hayseed, there is no such thing as "liberal math".

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt Th?id=H.4534451548454923&w=202&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Math can be an exact science... however the way you and your supposedly progressive liberal cohorts manipulate it with your statistics that ignores certain elements to make the numbers look good creates nothing more than a house of cards.

I'm looking forward to a good breath of wind that puts you and your friends out on the street because those welfare checks stop and you have to find out how to utilize mops, brooms, shovels, etc... instead of you sitting on your fat behinds playing your video games.

It'll be hilarious listening to you complain about losing seventy pounds off that fat tush of yours in just a few months because you had to do some real work darlin'.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErUiAyVoGc

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! 

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:

Can you please refer to him by his name or "the President".  I'm so sick of people taking cheap shots here.  None of this would be happening if it weren't for Bush.  And I don't care to hear again how Bush is no longer in office, as if there were no repercussions from the Bush years after January 2009.  

In fact, here's a graph of the National Debt by President.  Please note that the worst increases were under Reagan, George 1 and George 2:

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt US-national-debt-GDP

So much for Republican "conservatism"...the opposite is the case.  And don't kid yourself...a Romney or a McCain in the White House would have made the situation substantially worse.

And every time Republicans balk at paying the bills, that only delays the payment of interest due and exacerbates the debt.  The only thing that will pull our economy out of the doldrums is jobs, which puts money in people's pockets, which they either save or spend.  Either way, turning the debt ceiling into a political struggle hurts only the citizens.

You have some sort of defection illness

every time there is a conversation about something and you cant debate that topic, you pull some old shit out of a hat and say well, we had this turd back then so this turd is ok.

facts are, this admin has made a freaking cancer out of a zit. << don't get the analogy? to bad.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
knothead wrote:

So much for Republican "conservatism"...the opposite is the case.  And don't kid yourself...a Romney or a McCain in the White House would have made the situation substantially worse.

And every time Republicans balk at paying the bills, that only delays the payment of interest due and exacerbates the debt.  The only thing that will pull our economy out of the doldrums is jobs, which puts money in people's pockets, which they either save or spend.  Either way, turning the debt ceiling into a political struggle hurts only the citizens.
You mean until President Barack Hussein Obama.  I don't see 2013 or even the projections for the next five years?

Here is some help for you.

"Now, this debt ceiling -- I just want to remind people in case you haven't been keeping up -- ... does not increase our debt DebtasPercentofGDP

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_1900_2018USp_XXs1li111mcn_H0sH0lH0f_Federal_State_and_Local_Debt_in_20th_Century

Markle

Markle

What analogy? Most of what I posted are what came from President Barack Hussein Obama's own lips. Are you saying that the fine citizens of Pensacola are incapable of understanding FACTS?

If I were ever to run up my credit card to far beyond what I earned, I would first SLASH SPENDING then cut spending further so I could pay down the DEBT.

Obviously you either increase your limit or get another credit card and borrow from that one to pay the others.

That's brilliant I say...BRILLIANT.

Markle wrote:
What analogy?  Most of what I posted are what came from President Barack Hussein Obama's own lips.  Are you saying that the fine citizens of Pensacola are incapable of understanding FACTS?

If I were ever to run up my credit card to far beyond what I earned, I would first SLASH SPENDING then cut spending further so I could pay down the DEBT.

Obviously you either increase your limit or get another credit card and borrow from that one to pay the others.

That's brilliant I say...BRILLIANT.
I don't think its an exception for Pensacola, I think it may be the fully indoctrinated left that have this problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum