Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare

+4
Lisa12
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Vikingwoman
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Sorry folks but the ACA has slowed down medical costs and has provided great benefit to Americans, Millions and millions now have coverage, people are no longer tethered to jobs, children get extended coverage, and preexisting conditions are covered.  In the short term, the transition to Medicare for all will not be perfect, but T's original incorrect post is the type of mythology which feeds irrational superstition.  I await next week to see an example of how one health policy consumer did in this years marketplace.
You made the big stupid mistake asshole I was off by $90...

That's almost 1/4. Exaggerate a bit?

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:Yes, Lisa is correct and I believe I sent her blue select plans that have a limited network. Sacred Heart hospital and Santa Rosa Medical Center hospitals, several doctor's now, but absolutely no out of network coverage.

So as not to invade anybody's privacy and duty to maintain the same under the law, let us for the sake of discussion talk about a theoretical person similar to Lisa.   First, what was the existing policy that person had as to premium paid, scope of coverage, and deductible.  Second, what existing choices does this theoretical consumer have in the morning when the new exchanges are open?

Looking for an apple to apple comparison.   Also because you have dealt with health care coverage and especially individual plans, what was the average cost increase  prior to the ACA from your experience as an average per year over the five years immediately preceeding the ACA.  This is a very good discussion.   PK, jump out of your Ivory tower and talk about things where the rubber meets the road.

The average was around 13%, it's now 17% -22%

No one understands just with the co Lisa is with there is 156 plan variations and the bronze are shit plans, a couple good silver plans, then there are HSA's, limited networks ppo's and then hmo's, you all are looking at monthly premium's and not benefits.

Lisa is not lying.

Last edited by ppaca on 11/14/2014, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Sorry folks but the ACA has slowed down medical costs and has provided great benefit to Americans, Millions and millions now have coverage, people are no longer tethered to jobs, children get extended coverage, and preexisting conditions are covered.  In the short term, the transition to Medicare for all will not be perfect, but T's original incorrect post is the type of mythology which feeds irrational superstition.  I await next week to see an example of how one health policy consumer did in this years marketplace.

I wish I was Chrissy and I would call you what you are !..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:Ok Ok I'm trying to play a tournament to the heartland poker tournament.

Viking and Seaoat all and I mean all the people that I have written in the past year and new ones calling are certainly not happy camper's. Most of their rates are becoming out of reach for them to continue health insurance.

Well, perhaps the happy campers are the medicaid bunch clogging the ER's.

Vikingwoman

ppaca wrote:Ok Ok I'm trying to play a tournament to the heartland poker tournament.

Viking and Seaoat all and I mean all the people that I have written in the past year and new ones calling are certainly not happy camper's. Most of their rates are becoming out of reach for them to continue health insurance.

Well people need to be calling their senators about the insurance companies in this country then. It's not Obamacare raising the premiums. Obamacare has to pay the premiums too.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:

Well people need to be calling their senators about the insurance companies in this country then. It's not Obamacare raising the premiums. Obamacare has to pay the premiums too.

You do realize the insurance companies wrote Obamacare...no I doubt you know that...

2seaoat

I talked with a single lady today that isn't happy because her plan is going up again she will be paying almost $500 a month and $6200.00 deductible.

I think I understand what you were trying to say. You were not saying that prices went up $500 a month with a $6,200.00 deductible. I guess my paying 1,000 a month and having 2,500 deductible looks pretty bad compared to your policy, but the devil is in the detail, and I am in a group policy and not an individual policy. I use the $2,500 by the first month of my plan.

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

I wish I was Chrissy and I would call you what you are !..

Feel free. I always put the trash where it belongs.

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

You do realize the insurance companies wrote Obamacare...no I doubt you know that...

Then you agree it's not Obamacare? LOL!

2seaoat

The average was around 13%, it's now 17% -22%

What time frame does the 17% represent?

dumpcare

All the deductible's went up this year except for one of our platinum plans with zero deductible. The subsidy, aka obamacare, advance premium tax credit when applied to the second cost silver plan lower's the deductible and copays and your cost share in general. So if you have the second lowest cost silver and it says $5000 deductible and after you run the subsidy application the deductible in most every instance will be lowered and your copays. The FPL has gone up a little bit and if one does nothing and are automatically reenrolled then the government is suppose to adjust your subsidy upward and that is only if you checked the box that said YES the IRS can look at my returns for the next 5 years, if you did not check the box and you want to see if your subsidy is a little more you will have to complete another application. If you do nothing before 12/15 you will have the higher premium and maybe subsidy on Jan 1, but you have until 2/15 to change.

Since the government ask everyone to project adjusted gross income most certainly everyone will have a discrepancy when they file their taxes in 2015 for 2014, it will either be too much or too little subsidy you received. If it is too little you will see a larger tax return, if you received too much you may have to pay some back and they will take it out of your tax return. Anyone receiving a subsidy will not be able to file early because the you will have to wait on a form from the IRS or marketplace stating how much you received.

Across the U.S. some, I should say a handful of smaller company's did decrease their rates, but mostly the company's that already dealt with insuring medicaid patients. For the most part all the larger insurance company's had increases from 7.5% up to 40% for individual plans. Aetna pulled out in all county's in Florida except for 4 and in the panhandle Assurant and UHC are on the exchange as well as Coventry and Blue Cross.

Rick Scott did not help with the rate increases in Florida, although an insurance company has to file their rates with Office of Insurance Regulation, Scott said anything was ok for the next two years, 2014 and 15. So that is like telling a kid in a candy store "Go to It".

On the other side when you tell an insurance company they have to take everyone and there are no actuarial tables ever to say how many claims would come in from anyone with a dreaded disease would be paid out and then the rates had to be filed with the government early on if you were playing the game, insurance company's do not even to this day what it will look like at the end of the year or 2015.

So all in all regardless what party I lean toward the whole law sucks and will eventually be scrapped in it's present form but some parts will remain.

Last edited by ppaca on 11/15/2014, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:The average was around 13%, it's now 17% -22%

What time frame does the 17% represent?

The 17 - 22% represents 2015 alone.

dumpcare

Oh, btw I only know a handful and I'm just one agent, that is happy with their plans.

2seaoat

Thank you for a cogent explanation. It is quite different in Illinois when I talk to people about their policies......totally different, but there is a great deal of competition and apparently more choices. I agree the evolution to Medicare is the goal, and there will be changes. I pay so much more than some of the quotes which people post, but I choose the best plan......not by choice but by necessity.

Lisa12

Is that an apology to the people in Florida?

Free ain't cheap. We've seen the leftists ignore being played for fools on this issue... they aren't going to hear anything.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey dreams I got a great TV analogy for folks like you..Walking Dead...you Zombies feed off the living and walk around seemingly alive but are unproductive with no real reason to exist except to devour the substance of the living.....This will ultimately make the whole country into The Walking Dead at some point.....

Is that you Dreams ?  Don't worry liberals... only people with brains are in danger....

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 3 2476-the-walking-dead

Subsidized Zombies...they want your brains...

Vikingwoman

So Rick Scott ok'd an insurance increase? Well, well, well, let's just blame it on Obama when a republican gov. screwed us. Shall we?

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Hey dreams I got a great TV analogy for folks like you..Walking Dead...you Zombies feed off the living and walk around seemingly alive but are unproductive with no real reason to exist except to devour the substance of the living.....This will ultimately make the whole country into The Walking Dead at some point.....

Is that you Dreams ?  Don't worry liberals... only people with brains are in danger....

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 3 2476-the-walking-dead

Subsidized Zombies...they want your brains...

That looks like what the Jews looked like after you Nazi's got done. Coincidence,huh?

Vikingwoman wrote:So Rick Scott ok'd an insurance increase? Well, well, well, let's just blame it on Obama when a republican gov. screwed us. Shall we?

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 3 Th?&id=HN.608002859339221453&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

Any health insurance increases are thoroughly owned by Obama and the Democrats from now on ya' dumb bitch.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqUa_G1h3pw

Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sweet Dreams, Dreams...you got yours to hell with the rest...

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/218142-majority-happy-with-o-care-plans-poll-finds

That's right, Mama!

Amusing.

You poll is of the people who BOUGHT plans through ObamaCare, most of which are subsidized.

You're quite a hoot! Was that poll before or after the administration called them STUPID?

Exit polls: Don't care for Obamacare

By LUCY MCCALMONT | 11/4/14 7:44 PM EST

Nearly half of voters on Tuesday said Obamacare went too far, according to exit polls.

Forty-seven percent of those who cast ballots in the midterms said the 2010 health care law, which opened for enrollment a year ago, went too far. On the other hand, 26 percent said the law didn’t go far enough, CNN exit polls reported.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/exit-polls-dont-care-for-obamacare-112510.html#ixzz3J6yXgOYc

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sweet Dreams, Dreams...you got yours to hell with the rest...

If it includes you and the rest of your ilk then hell yes! LOLOLOLOL! I hope you go bankrupt while I'm eating bon bons!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sweet Dreams, Dreams...you got yours to hell with the rest...

If it includes you and the rest of your ilk then hell yes! LOLOLOLOL! I hope you go bankrupt while I'm eating bon bons!

Here's your avatar Brunhilda.......

Poll: Majority happy w/ Obamacare - Page 3 Opera-singer..class

Vikingwoman

You messed and and posted Chrissy's pic. LOLOLOLOL! Try again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum